Oliver Irrigation Ltd

mom2four
mom2four
2 reviews West Vancouver, BC

Unethical and Criminal

• In the spring, my husband and I hired Oliver Irrigation (OI) to inspect and start up the sprinkler system of the house that we had just moved into. At the time I made the appointment, OI requested for my credit card information and I provided it.

• OI came, did 15 minutes of work and left. We were not provided with any explanation of what was done or if parts were needed. We also did not receive an invoice by mail or email. OI simply charged my card.

• I called OI a week later to request that an invoice be provided. Nothing was ever received. I left it be. We decided to look for another company for future services to our sprinkler system.

• Last month (October), my husband and I were away. In our absence, and to our surprise, OI came to our house to “winterize” our system.

• We were neither informed that they were coming nor did we receive an invoice by mail or email to let us know after the fact that they were there at all.

• We were only made aware of what they did after my husband reviewed our MasterCard statement and found a charge from OI on October 16th for $183.75.

• This is outright abuse of my credit card information as we did not authorize OI to perform any “winterization” work on our sprinkler system and we certainly did not authorize OI to charge my credit card without my knowledge or permission. In the eyes of the law, this is FRAUD.

van halen
van halen
1 review DELTA, BC

Repair

Not worth dealing with.

I had them install an irrigation system last year, and this spring, I noticed one of the sprinkler heads wasn't working at all. I asked them to take a look.
1. they did not say what the problem was, and whether it would fall under warranty, or otherwise provide an estimate of the repair cost.
2. Did not provide any information as to what work they claim was done.
3. Have abused the credit card information in their system from last year to charge my credit card for $172 without even talking to me, let alone my approval.
4. They did not provide any invoice at all.
5. I tried to show them that what they did was wrong, but nobody there is interested in listening.