Landmark Homes (Edmonton) Inc

Reviews for Landmark Homes (Edmonton) Inc

Nenemse in Toronto
Nenemse in Toronto

FIRST TIME HOME BUYER

I wish to recommend Landmark Homes to anyone looking to build home of their dreams. After scouting for many homes, we finally made a last stop by one of the sales representative called Mrs. Kim, at Desrochers’s Village. Mrs. Kim received my family and I so awesome that we knew we were at the right place. Mrs. Kim exhibited a thorough knowledge, in and out of the Landmark product, not only does she possess classic customer skills, and active listening as well; she is the epitome of model sales representative and establish trust with costumers. We passionately call her our ma’am, Mrs. Kim, made us feel so good and confidence in the advice provided that could only be offer by a mother.
I will not hesitate to recommend Landmark homes to anyone individual looking to buy a home.

tbobwu in Hamilton, Ontario CANADA L8V1G6
tbobwu in Hamilton, Ontario CANADA L8V1G6
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

customer service has been extremely poor

3 years ago when we purchased the house, we were warned by friends that Landmark homes had the worst customer service, and it turned out to be true. Attached are some photos of my drive way, which started to deteriorate starting from the 1st year. Now the entire surface is almost gone. It is the worst driveway I have ever seen in my life.

The foundation wall (predominantly on one side) has developed 10+ cracks since the 3rd months I moved in. They came to look at them and no further follow-up.

There were a lot of annoying issues on the house itself as well: Shingles flew away in the first year. microwave oven was sparkling after 1 week; range hood buttons all fell of within a year; ventilation system broken down over and over within the first two years (no permanent fix, until I paid someone to replace the board, out of my own pocket after the 2 year mark).

Honestly, where did they get those subpar products and contractors??

I would not have complained much if the customer service were OK like MOST other builders. But NO! Landmarks customer service is just so bad. The general trend is if the issue is small, they might come to fix it. But if the issue is severe, they will just play games. By the way, my neighbor (landmark built as well) has some major carpet issue that they haven't fixed two years after the complaints were made....

I should have been alerted before I bought the house that Landmark homes was not even BBB accredited... But I gave them the benefits of doubts, and I got nightmares in return.

For the driveway issue, I tried their warranty department and they kicked ball to their seasonal department, who never answer phone call. I think asking for some sort of repair is not unreasonable, but no, they just don't want to talk to you or reply emails.

I will keep post these photos and make sure people are aware of it, or the company is changing its behavior.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Satisfied with the new Duplex.

We got our house during a black Friday sale. For it's low price and great quality of the house, the wait was worth-it. I'm quite happy with the broad selection, I got to customize our house closest to my dream house. The specs and quality are also top notch. I highly recommend them.

Michael in
Michael in
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

Getting help after they have your money

Bought a new landmark home. Took possesion and the VERY NEXT DAY our high velocity furnace was making horrible sounds. Called our sales rep Jeannette and our site supervisor Corry, they proceeded to completely wash their hands of it letting me know I took possession of the new home and everything was working on possesion day so it’s a warranty problem now.

You know what I thought? Fair enough. I can deal with that. Busy people, I’ll work with their system. I proceeded to call all the contacts on my “warranty sheet” and was told by every company it wasn’t their problem.

The house is actually very nice. I’m happy with the build. But once Landmark has your deal funded they will completely wash their hands of you, I’m talking literally THE NEXT DAY.

so buyer beware. Good luck with your purchase, everyone is your best friend in this company until the deal is done. I Should have spent more and went with someone with a better reputation.

Leanne in Calgary
Leanne in Calgary

service not impressed

Terrible. Warranty was not as promised. Floor warped. They saidi did ur. With no peoof at all as i srated at walk thru with superviser. And he saidlit was my imagination. And no papers given to me after walk thru what needed tobbe repaired. For confirmation. When i asked for a copy. Oh we dont give one. Seriously!! Cracked front step. They told me oh easy fix . get some glue!!! At the store. Dishwasher leaked year later. Because i eas told by a cupboard guy it wasnt put in properly. Paint job is streaky. Spots all over after 1 month innthe home. Oh yes its horrible paint. No fixing anything. Now our driveway is uneven. Dont buy with them. Im a single woman and now my new home is not new after 6 months and thats the reason i bought new. I cant afford or do these changes repairs myself. Dont purchase from them. They do not hold to their commitment. No integrity.

Anita in
Anita in

New home in Glenridding

Landmark is a solid and reliable builder. Our house was completed in a timely manner. The sales and construction staff are honest and helpful. Landmark builds responsibly and has great after sales service. We are very happy with our purchase. Special thanks to Anil & team for looking into details and helping us choose a beautiful home.

Genee in Edmonton
Genee in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Great work, awesome sales guys

In June we purchased our home through landmark. The home took longer than expected to be built but overall I am extremely happy with my purchase.

We picked every furnishing at the design Center making this home exactly what we wanted.

Aside from the fact that the home is beautiful the quality is excellent. My father is a master home builder (retired) and the very first thing he said when he walked in is "wow quality construction."

Landmark is only truly responsible for the pocket (concrete/roof/framing) and as far as either my father or I could tell during the construction those were done with superior precision and quality. Landmark brings in subtrades for all of the interior work to be completed, there has been zero quality concerns.

All baseboards are tightly secured, drywall and paint is perfect (we picked a very unforgiving color) no popping of any nails or cracks. Flooring has no flaws either.
I love my home, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend landmark. And my only major complaint is the time it took them to build my home.

Hi Genee. Congratulations on your new home. We are very happy to hear that you love your home, and your home has impressed you and your family.

jerry in Saint Albert
jerry in Saint Albert

Low quality workmanship

I don't usually right reviews but i should as i do read them so hear i am, i had the unfortunate experience with this company they use the cheapest build materials possible, fridge hits the pantry door knob i had to remove the door handle so my fridge doesn' t get dented this is annoying and something that a "master homebuilder" should know better on can't open up my washer and dryer doors all the way without them banking on the doors. Been here about 6 months drywall seams where they butt together tape lines are already cracking called for warranty nobody has shown up, front and rear doors won't close had to temporarily fix the seals still waiting for someone to fix that up, still has nails sticking out on back steps just looks like nobody cares when they did the work, now i will have to dig out that drywall i am very worried more cracks will show up as i am sure they will, paint work is low quality you can tell when they painted they used a roller and went the opposite ways on the tape seams to hide the low quality work so they obviously knew like who does that?? When sun hits the walls you can really see the touchups, i bought a new house as i didn't want to renovate a old one but looks like i will be renovating a new house which i am not happy about, overall was not happy with sales either they told me come down today we are knocking $10,000 off the house so i drove across town excited and wrote a cheque only to be called the next day saying sorry we can't knock $10,000 off like why tell that story that was not true then just wasted my time. Even light fixtures down to floor registers are the lowest quality i have seen in any of my friends houses went to clean the bathroom lights i thougtht it was going to fall off the wall its so poorly attached. I had a retired homebuilder look around he pointed out quite a few things he said could have been fixed easy just looks like nobody cared.

Hi Jerry, We are very sorry you are experiencing issues. Please contact our warranty department (service.edm@landmarkgroup.ca or 888-898-8884) and they will be able to help you with all your concerns.

Looking for Builders pros in Edmonton?