Landmark Homes (Edmonton) Inc

Reviews for Landmark Homes (Edmonton) Inc

Leanne in Calgary
Leanne in Calgary

service not impressed

Terrible. Warranty was not as promised. Floor warped. They saidi did ur. With no peoof at all as i srated at walk thru with superviser. And he saidlit was my imagination. And no papers given to me after walk thru what needed tobbe repaired. For confirmation. When i asked for a copy. Oh we dont give one. Seriously!! Cracked front step. They told me oh easy fix . get some glue!!! At the store. Dishwasher leaked year later. Because i eas told by a cupboard guy it wasnt put in properly. Paint job is streaky. Spots all over after 1 month innthe home. Oh yes its horrible paint. No fixing anything. Now our driveway is uneven. Dont buy with them. Im a single woman and now my new home is not new after 6 months and thats the reason i bought new. I cant afford or do these changes repairs myself. Dont purchase from them. They do not hold to their commitment. No integrity.

Anita in
Anita in

New home in Glenridding

Landmark is a solid and reliable builder. Our house was completed in a timely manner. The sales and construction staff are honest and helpful. Landmark builds responsibly and has great after sales service. We are very happy with our purchase. Special thanks to Anil & team for looking into details and helping us choose a beautiful home.

Genee in Edmonton
Genee in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Great work, awesome sales guys

In June we purchased our home through landmark. The home took longer than expected to be built but overall I am extremely happy with my purchase.

We picked every furnishing at the design Center making this home exactly what we wanted.

Aside from the fact that the home is beautiful the quality is excellent. My father is a master home builder (retired) and the very first thing he said when he walked in is "wow quality construction."

Landmark is only truly responsible for the pocket (concrete/roof/framing) and as far as either my father or I could tell during the construction those were done with superior precision and quality. Landmark brings in subtrades for all of the interior work to be completed, there has been zero quality concerns.

All baseboards are tightly secured, drywall and paint is perfect (we picked a very unforgiving color) no popping of any nails or cracks. Flooring has no flaws either.
I love my home, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend landmark. And my only major complaint is the time it took them to build my home.

Hi Genee. Congratulations on your new home. We are very happy to hear that you love your home, and your home has impressed you and your family.

jerry in Saint Albert
jerry in Saint Albert

Low quality workmanship

I don't usually right reviews but i should as i do read them so hear i am, i had the unfortunate experience with this company they use the cheapest build materials possible, fridge hits the pantry door knob i had to remove the door handle so my fridge doesn' t get dented this is annoying and something that a "master homebuilder" should know better on can't open up my washer and dryer doors all the way without them banking on the doors. Been here about 6 months drywall seams where they butt together tape lines are already cracking called for warranty nobody has shown up, front and rear doors won't close had to temporarily fix the seals still waiting for someone to fix that up, still has nails sticking out on back steps just looks like nobody cares when they did the work, now i will have to dig out that drywall i am very worried more cracks will show up as i am sure they will, paint work is low quality you can tell when they painted they used a roller and went the opposite ways on the tape seams to hide the low quality work so they obviously knew like who does that?? When sun hits the walls you can really see the touchups, i bought a new house as i didn't want to renovate a old one but looks like i will be renovating a new house which i am not happy about, overall was not happy with sales either they told me come down today we are knocking $10,000 off the house so i drove across town excited and wrote a cheque only to be called the next day saying sorry we can't knock $10,000 off like why tell that story that was not true then just wasted my time. Even light fixtures down to floor registers are the lowest quality i have seen in any of my friends houses went to clean the bathroom lights i thougtht it was going to fall off the wall its so poorly attached. I had a retired homebuilder look around he pointed out quite a few things he said could have been fixed easy just looks like nobody cared.

Hi Jerry, We are very sorry you are experiencing issues. Please contact our warranty department ([email protected] or 888-898-8884) and they will be able to help you with all your concerns.

Mike W in Morinville
Mike W in Morinville
1 review Morinville, AB

Building Quality

House is only 7 years old, fridge, stove, microwave, hot water tank, sump pump and windows have all required replacement. The sump pump was not even installed according to code. All of the windows and patio door froze shut in the winter and were highly susceptible to mold. In the summer the house is hot and has poor air circulation. Everyone in our neighbourhood who has a Landmark home has similar problems. This is a builder that is only concerned with profit and could care less about the quality of product that they deliver. Save your hard earned money and select a builder that cares about quality and customer satisfaction.

Hi Mike, We are very sorry you are experiencing issues. Please contact our warranty department ([email protected] or 888-898-8884) and they will be able to help you with your concerns.

Leslie in Edmonton
Leslie in Edmonton

Show Home Purchase

We have been very pleased with our purchase from Landmark Homes. Our sales representative, Nathan Nasseri made the whole experience stress free and enjoyable. He was helpful, attentive and prompt when answering our many questions. He made us feel that our best interests were a priority.
Once we took possession, our home buying experience was smooth
and stressless thanks to the efficiency and care that Dimos Arvantis
took when dealing with our concerns and the few minor deficiencies. We are very pleased with our home and will definitely recommend Landmark Homes.

Hi Leslie,

We are glad your home buying experience was stress free and enjoyable. Thank you for your kind words about Dimos and Nathan, I'm sure they will be pleased to know about your experience.

Congratulations on your new home!

Mel K. in Edmonton
Mel K. in Edmonton

Energy efficient quality home

Nathan N., our Landmark sales rep, was helpful and fun. He replied to my emails right away, no matter what time of the day. Although, Landmark is less flexible with structural changes (e.g., moving walls) due to the way they build*, Nathan helped us to incorporate most of our wishes (huge garage, big Jacuzzi, additional kitchen cabinets, etc.).

We took possession of our Landmark built house about 3 months ago, and so far we are very pleased. Compared to our previous house (also built by a quality builder), this one is way better insulated with spray foam (installed off-site) and triple-paned windows. Landmark hires a third party to test each home and provide an EnerGuide certificate. Our new home has an EnerGuide rating of 85!

They did a fantastic job on tiles, carpet and hardwood floor; the kitchen cabinets are nice. They built the house very fast and it seems so far high quality work. I love little additions like the Ecobee programmable thermostat, USB wall plugs, tank-less heater, and especially our solar panels (I highly recommend Solarmax as well - great rates and outstanding customer service).

When we took over, there were only cosmetic issues, nothing major. We talked to all our neighbours and it seems like the two Landmark houses on our cul-de-sac are the only ones without major issues.
Only things that were not 100%: interior paint job and exterior siding. Don't get me wrong - they were done ok but it could've been done better :)

I did not need to contact the Warranty department yet but I will update my post once I experienced their service.

I definitely would build again with Landmark Homes! Though, next time, I would pay more attention to power plug and vent locations. I would ensure that I change/ upgrade any lighting fixtures with the lighting contractor BEFORE they got installed and finally I would try to upgrade the foundation insulation from R-13 Fiberglass Batt in a 2x4 Framed Wall (minimum building code) to 2" XPS, 2x6 Framing with Fiberglass Batt.

* If you're interested in Landmark's energy efficient building process, greenenergyfutures.ca wrote an interesting blog called "Beyond manufactured homes: How robots and innovation are making the home building process more efficient"

Congratulations on your new home. Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased that Nathan was such a big help when buying your home.

Arunmozhi in Edmonton
Arunmozhi in Edmonton

New home

We feel very fortunate to have worked with our Area Manager Mr.Dave Turnbull of Landmark Homes. He is the most honest and knowledgable professional and definitely wants to make it "right" for his client. His friendly nature is awesome.
Our experience of building with Landmark homes is great.

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to have Dave on our team. Congrats on the new house!

1 review Simcoe County, ON

High Quality

We bought a house through landmark in Beaumont and have really noticed the high quality. We love our thankless hot water system, as well as our low energy bills month to month. Would highly recommend.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm so glad you love your new home! The tankless hot water system is amazing, no more cold showers!