Ottawa Structural Residential Services Ltd

Foundations
5E Caesar Avenue Ottawa ON K2G 0A8
HomeStars  >  Foundations in Nepean  >  Ottawa Structural Residential Services Ltd

Reviews for Ottawa Structural Residential Services Ltd

foundation repair

Had structural repair work done on house. Communication with this company was good in the beginning, not so great as work progressed. Left fairly large gap (caused by structural damage) along garage which I was told verbally would be caulked/repaired. Was not and will not be done. City inspector commented that the grading was less than good but not bad enough to require a redo. Had a few outstanding issues needing attention such as step crack repair, parging. Sent 2 if not 3 emails to general manager attempting to address as the bulk of the work was complete and some time had passed with no communication. The emails were never acknowledged by him. Another outstanding issue was parging. A crack ran continuously between houses. They parged the crack on my side and left neighbors side unparged stating "that is your neighbors house." Really?? I paid for job repair which included the whole crack, not stopping at an imaginary divide between house. Parging and step cracking were fixed eventually however not without some frustration and effort on my part. They do not provide an ongoing statement of account or receipts nor do they do any type of follow up after work is complete but maybe doing so is not a requirement. If you hire this company (any company really) get every detail in writing and do not pay in advance. Hold back 10% until job is completed as per contract. Ask for a receipt after each check written for work done as they do not provide this. This company has favorable reviews, a good reputation and satisfied customers it seems.
Sadly, I am not one of them. Overall, not a good experience for me. I can't speak to the quality of work as I cant see it due to nature of work but I assume it is good. Time will tell.

Sheryl H  in Ottawa
Sheryl H in Ottawa

Fast and efficient service

When taking out some drywall in our basement we noticed two hairline cracks on either side if a window. I called Ottawa Structural the person I spoke too seemed very knowledgable. He explained to me the pricing and the work that would be done. The next day the service man was at the house, and within an hour had the cracked repaired. Later that evening I received the warranty for the work.

Road Cruiser in Nepean
Road Cruiser in Nepean
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Crack in the basement floor

Last night I went into my furnace room and stepped on something sharp. It was a small piece of concrete.
Oh oh. I noticed a small crack in the floor that was 2mm wide and six feet long.
I have been in my house for 24 years and I couldn't honestly remember if there had been a hairline crack there before.
So of course your mind is racing and the world is coming to an end. PANIC!!
I looked online and found your company. I went through the gallery and knew that you were the consummate experts.
I called today at noon, where most companies have their answering machines kick in.
The young lady that answered the phone was most courteous and was about to take my phone number when she said "Wait, I have someone right here".
Mike picked up the phone and talked to me for at least 10-15 minutes.
He explained the concepts of floating floors, I Beam supports, a bit about concrete, what to look for structurally outside, the effect of changing temperatures and moisture etc.
He said that I really had nothing to worry about. He did mention routing the furnace humidifier from the hole in the floor to the drain or getting our HVAC company to add a pump to redirect the water.
Not once was there a notion of "we really should come over and see the floor". No sales pitch.
I even asked him it he should come over.
Just honest, reassuring answers and knowledge transfer.
He said keep your eye on it over the next number of months, to to be sure.
Mike, I can't thank you enough for putting my mind at ease. Thank you for taking my call when it was lunch time and simply because you heard your receptionist taking my phone number.
Kudos to you and your company!!

Cindy in Ottawa
Cindy in Ottawa

Foundation and deck

I had cracks in the foundation by my garage, front and back that were getting larger every year. I had three contractors to the house and they all recommended OSRS due to the type of work that was required. Mike came to the house, he was very professional and explained all that had to be done. Crew was excellent and didn't mind that I asked a lot of questions. Work was completed and I was so happy with their work I had them replace my old deck. Deck is now beautiful and I loved all the recommendations Jen and Ronnie suggested. Jen, Ronnie, Brayden, George, Matt along with the rest of the crew , you were amazing! I would recommend you.

David in Ottawa
David in Ottawa

Frontal Foundation Problems

I had some significant foundation issues at the front of my garage due to salt infiltration over the winter. The walkway beside the garage also needed levelling.
The OSRS team of 2 vey personable young men did an excellent job, including working around a coincidental overlap with a roofing team.

Foundation Inspection and Repair

My neighbours were selling their house and in the process of the home inspection for the purchasers a foundation crack was noted. We found a similar crack in our foundation and it appears that it is not unusual in our area. I called OSRS and received a very quick turn around time for a visit. They did a thorough job of inspecting not only the crack we noted, but other similar ones we found. In the end the crack was in the foundation to the garage. The quote they provided was accurate and the work done was professional in all regards. I am very pleased with the results and the ten year warranty they provide. Highly recommend OSRS

HL in Ottawa
HL in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Foundation rescue and repair

After being abandoned by Mr. Foundation with one and a half sides of the house knocked out, OSRS came to the rescue!
They secured the house so it was ok over the winter and I always felt safe and respected. When the pipes froze on NYEve, they came in to fix it.
They were willing to negotiate pricing and payment terms.
I would recommend Mike, Jen, Matt, and all the crew for their professional and personable work.

Michael and Dina from Ottawa
Michael and Dina from Ottawa

foundation waterproofing steps walkway

Ottawa Structural was efficient, excellent ongoing communication, responsive to our concerns, organized , quick to respond to unexpected issues informative, kept work premises clean.
Would recommend that firm supply ongoing account statements as work and payment instalments proceed.

Anne Malo from Ottawa
Anne Malo from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Foundation excavation and repair, installation of weeping tiles

What began as a stressful situation, namely finding a small leak in our basement foundation, ended on an extremely positive note after dealing with Ottawa Structural Residential Services. Indeed, the General Manager, Michael O'Neil, was prompt to respond to our call, was extremely clear as to what was recommended to address the problem during the initial site visit and had a team on the ground promptly. As noteworthy as Mr. O'Neil's response was the crew who carried out the work - their professionalism, hard work, orderly and systematic approach went a long way in easing what is an inherently stressful situation. Their attention to detail also carried forward to their clean-up of the site that left the area better looking than when work began.

Michael & Suzanne from Ottawa
Michael & Suzanne from Ottawa

Foundation crack repair

We discovered a crack (or a seam from the pouring of the foundation by the builder), when we were having the foundation re-parged by another company. The work provided by OSRS was professional and the price did not shift upwards if they discovered more to be done. They obtained the necessary clearances from hydro, gas, etc which means that they are responsible if something happens. They dug down by hand to the footings, within 1 foot of gas and watering system controls, all within the time specified, and without incident. The team removed the dirt and provided new material to fill the hole. They also left us some mulch to replace the landscaping which had to be removed, which we will replace in the spring as the work was done in late November. They provided a written guarantee for 10 years. We did not have any water in the basement prior to discovering this crack, and do not expect to see any afterwards. We do expect to see less spiders making a home in the crack. Thanks. Well done. We would recommend to anyone.

More about Ottawa Structural Residential Services Ltd

Since 1979, Ottawa Structural Residential Services Ltd. is Ottawa-Carleton's largest and most experienced, family owned and operated, full service residential waterproofing, foundation repair and restoration firm.

A large percentage of our work comes to us through word-of-mouth referrals from past clients. We value that trust and work very hard to ensure that we exceed your expectations.

With more than 30,000 (and counting), dry basements and happy customers, we continue to grow our company, one satisfied customer at a time - putting service first - it's been that way since 1979.

We offer what other companies simply cannot

* We have worked in every community in the Ottawa-Carleton area and have a thorough knowledge of the environmental/soil conditions where you live.

* We have waterproofed and/or repaired tens of thousands of residential and commercial foundations and can offer you interior and exterior solutions. No company in the Ottawa-Carleton area has seen and solved as many wet basement problems as we have.

* Collective experience of management and staff results in unsurpassed quality of services.

* Affordable, competitive pricing as a result of our many years of experience and superior purchasing power.

* Innovative products and applications as a result of our commitment to excellence and attention to detail.

* We won't recommend an expensive weeping tile or pier solution if all you need is a foundation crack repair, nor will we offer you a bandage solution at a low-ball price, leaving you with a problem that will recur a few months later. We will diagnose the problem accurately and offer solutions that will save you money in the short and long run.

* We stand behind our work with written, transferable guarantees.

We operate from our own 16,000 square foot building and offer a full range of affordable, professional, all season services. We are experts in systems involving foundation repairs, underpinning, foundation wall replacement, interior drainage, concrete and masonry restoration.