Central Park Paving Company Ltd

Central Park Paving Company Ltd

Reviews for Central Park Paving Company Ltd

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Super New Driveway

Central Park did a lot of site preparation: in addition to replacing the ancient driveway they pulled out old concrete sidewalks and dated plantings. The end product is sleek and elegant with great finishing.

Don in Whitby
Don in Whitby

Horrible Company

We hired Central Paving last year to install a new asphalt driveway last November. We had new stone installed on the border and asked if this was going to be a problem when they cam to look at the job for pricing- they said not at all. As per the pictures attached they completely ruined the brand new stone. They assured me that they would take care of this issue - Their office also came and looked at the damage and assured me that it would be taken care of - nothing has been done.
I spoke to them in the spring and they were supposed to get back to us - never heard from them again. They did not invoice us for the work but the damage is considerably more than the $2,500.00 we would have gladly paid for the work.
This stone was BRAND NEW - we had not even parked on it yet.
I absolutely would not recommend them to do any work - unbelievable they would treaty a customer this way.

Our company has never paved a driveway in Hamilton, this post seems very questionable considering the first we are hearing about this. This sounds like a fake post which is the biggest issue with online reviews

We will be sending this to our lawyer for further review and have our attorneys contact homeowner direct.

David in Oshawa
David in Oshawa
4 reviews Oshawa, ON

Driveway paved

I had Central Park Paving tear up and put in a new driveway.
They let it settle for 2 months and then came in and paved driveway.
They were very meticulous and did an excellent job.
Thank you for great job.

Kumar in Toronto
Kumar in Toronto

Paving and top coat

Great company ...I have a very long driveway and they did lots of prep work to remove existing debris and graded the gravel properly and the paved driveway turned out great. The first coat was done last year and it survived the winter in perfect condition. Last month they did the final top coat and it looks amazing. I’m glad my friend referred me to this company. They really take the time to do the job right.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Driveway

The crew did a great job on our driveway. They were efficient and professional. Our driveway was completed in a timely manner. We are very pleased! Great job! Thank you!

Gerry in Toronto
Gerry in Toronto
1 review Whitby, ON

Replacing lawn with driveway extension

I have read many negative reviews about Central Park Paving both on HomeStars and Better Business Bureau since hiring this awful company, and can relate to many of the clients' negative experiences and the appalling treatment you can expect from the owner when you lodge a legitimate complaint, anything from delay tactics, not responding by agreed upon times, rudeness, threats.
My driveway extension was completed in summer of 2015 and we had issues which we spoke to officer manager about and she advised that "deficiencies" are dealt with at the end of their paving season. After patiently waiting and then being given the runaround by telephone and email (over a year and a half of emails back and forth with the owner of false promises about timing of when repairs would be done. Finally when a repair was done in November of the following year which involved saw-cutting part of the driveway and re-doing, it was not effective at solving our issue and the same problem occurred, and now we have a driveway extension in 3 pieces, it's an eyesore.
We again got the usual delay tactics and false promises from the owner that he is so adept at dishing out, along with insults about what terrible customers we were!
After many more months of frustration we chose to file a small claims action against Central Park Paving. The company chose to ignore the claim and did not participate at all with the proceedings and did not file a defence. We finally won judgment in Jan 2020 and are still waiting for the company to pay the court ordered debt.
I have received very rude and threatening text replies from the owner when I recently tried to follow up with him to pay the debt. He basically said he could involve his lawyer and keep this going for years!
My advice for anyone considering hiring this company is DO NOT. Save yourself the headache and hire someone else, there are many reputable asphalt companies out there who do a far better job without the hassle and attitude.

Very strange as this was paved many years ago and I have no recollection of any issues with driveway extension

Our company paves on average 1000 residential driveways per season and very, very rarely encounter unhappy customers

This seems very threatening and defaming, our advice would be to perhaps understand an expectation of a driveway extension vs a proper full removal and a new driveway

With extensions as always explained we are matching existing grades and moisture and water will always enter into the joints

Darryl in Whitby
Darryl in Whitby

Driveway

I had estimates from over 6 different companies in my area and Joe from Central Park Paving took so much time with us on on the investment we had upon us. He followed up with us to ensure we’re getting the best product and workmanship for our money. His son Elio and crew came in this morning on the time they said and did the most amazing job you could ask for. Joe and family are real people and so professional. Thank you guys for a job well done.
Darryl and Janet

Ron in Oshawa
Ron in Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Asphalt driveway

I have never been more disgusted with any company that I have ever done business with. They didn't want anything to do with me once they cashed my cheque. It was almost impossible for me to get them to return my telephone calls. Three days after I had the $3300 asphalt driveway paved I shouldn't have to go to Canadian Tire and get patching material to fix holes. They refused to come out and take a look at my complaint.

Unfortunately this gentleman does not understand the characteristics of asphalt materials, as a civil engineer and the owner of the company I examined the driveway and found nothing of concern

We wish this individual the best of luck moving forward, however bashing companies in the internet is very weak. We install over 1200 driveways per season and maybe get 3/4 complaints, I would say that is pretty amazing

Thanks

Mike in Courtice
Mike in Courtice
3 reviews Courtice, ON

Asphalt Driveway Replacement

I asked for a number of quotes to replace my asphalt driveway back in May. Vince asked to come out and provide the quote in person. He provided a good quote and although it wasn't the cheapest of the places I contacted, I signed with him having reviewed the other quotes and customer reviews. I didn't hear from them for a while after they took my deposit, but then they were able to show up one day a few weeks later and removed the old driveway. About a month after that, they showed up and put in the new one - again without a lot of notice. It's been a few months since then and the driveway still looks great. I felt they could have kept me up to date a little better, but besides that I had no issues with them at all and I'm satisfied with the work.

More about Central Park Paving Company Ltd

With over 40 years experience, we at Central Park Paving stand behind our quality, workmanship, and reliable service. We are a family owned company that works primarily in the Durham region. Central Park Paving is also a proud member of the Better Business Bureau to ensure consumer relations.

Our Services: