Pete The Plumber

Gerard in Toronto
Gerard in Toronto
0 reviews Okotoks, AB

40 gal gas hot water tank replacement

The work was done by an experience plumber in a few hours and we would recommend this company to anyone for quick and efficient service
It was great joy to have hot water again

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

Karen from Calgary
Karen from Calgary

Leak in Main Stack Repaired

We would like to thank Jared at Pete the Plumber for his outstanding service in the repair of a leak coming from the main stack in our home. Jared was personable, professional and highly skilled at locating the main stack within the wall, isolating the source of the leak, and then replacing a portion of the main stack to make our home safe and dry once again. We were very very impressed with Jared and would not only call him back to help us with any plumbing issues but would also highly recommend him to anyone in need of help with their plumbing concerns. Simply outstanding service - thank you Jared and Pete the Plumber.

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We always strive to provide the highest quality service to our customers, and we are so pleased that Jared was able to do just that.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need us in the future.

Ellebee24
Ellebee24

Air Conditioning Install

We contacted Pete the Plumber in late January/early February to provide a quote for an AC install in our home.

Nathan, the estimator, was incredibly professional and did an excellent job in answering our questions and providing us some recommendations on what units would work for us. He was great with getting back to us via email and clarifying additional questions had. (Sadly he has moved on from the company.)

Mary was quick and efficient with the booking process and ensuring I received the proper details prior to install.

Install occurred the first week of May. It went smoothly with 3 technicians (a journeyman, and apprentice and one other gentleman), and later, and electrician. They took care to ensure no mud would be tracked inside and I heard them sweeping numerous times after drilling downstairs. (They were also very accommodating to the fact that I had a young baby with me and they even tried to keep the noise down when she was napping.)

They installed an Ecobee thermostat we had purchased and were on their way. (There wasn’t a ton of info given on operation of the unit and none on the thermostat, but I guess that’s more on me to figure out, which I did.)

My scoring is reflective of a concern that popped up afterwards. When we were quoted for the AC, we expressed that our sole reason for purchase was needing to cool our baby’s room in the coming summer months. It’s a sweat box in there pushing 27 degrees as it’s exposed to full sun. We were assured that this would be the solution and cool the room alongside the rest of the house as the fan on our furnace was “more than enough” to do the job.

We haven’t had a lot of time to use the unit due to poor weather, but on the days we did use it, the air flow to that room is so much less than other vents upstairs. According to both the Ecobee and baby monitor temperature readings, the AC barely cools it .5 of a degree. The air remains hot.

I reached out to our installer who asked if the room is cool in the winter to which I replied it’s not...He had mentioned something about a booster fan in that initial email but I’ve heard nothing back past that.

It’s incredibly disappointing to have spent what we did, and know that it does not appear to drop the temperature in that room, and that we may be on the hook to find another solution.

My other concern related to the Ecobee potentially not being installed correctly. It is supposed to trigger the heating and cooling when it exceeds (by .5 degree) the thresholds that I have set. It seems to raise/drop below those temps and the HVAC does not trigger without me going into it and manually doing it. Ecobee has stated this may be because a wire is not correctly installed.

I really, really liked most of our experience...but I’m not sure at this point I would recommend them nor the product as we continue to look to cool that room.

Good morning,

We are sorry to hear that you are not experiencing the cooling that you were assured, with the product we have installed.
Please give us a call at 403-257-1766 and speak to Pete directly so that we can come up with the proper solution for this problem.

Pete the Plumber

May 28, 2019: I don't know if you've received our reply but we would like to discuss this with you further. Please give our office a call and speak to Pete directly at 403-257-1766.

Cody T
Cody T

Pete the Plumber is the best in Calgary

What else can I say other than THANK YOU to Pete and his super talented crew.

The booking and scheduling process was a breeze, but then came install day, when we purchased the house, the previous owner framed in our utility room so tight leaving us in quite a predicament with getting a new hot water tank system installed, it was definitely a 'good for us now' type situation, Pete and his crew (Chris) came in and took on the job and sorted out what I've dubbed to be a nightmare situation, and came up with an incredible solution to make it all work, I honestly could not be happier, and I don't believe any other businesses in this city would have gone the extra - extra - extra mile that Pete and his team went to get it sorted for us, if you're going to hire anyone on for your plumbing / hvac / electrical needs, you'd be silly not to call Pete the Plumber.

Thank you again for always taking care of us!

Hi Cody,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are so happy that Chris was able to remedy the situation for you - he's a valued asset here.
We look forward to helping you with any future needs you may have for us.

Joe in Calgary
Joe in Calgary

Kitchen & Shower clogged drains

Jerry came and did a FABULOUS job. He explained everything and fixed both problems in a professional manner. I was impressed by his workmanship and tremendous attitude. Hats off to Jerry, and to Pete for hiring him.

Hi Joe,
Thanks for your feedback - we are pleased to know that your experience with Pete the Plumber, and specifically Jerry, was to your satisfaction.
We look forward to assisting you with any future needs you may have.

Robert in Calgary
Robert in Calgary

New hot water tank

My hot water tank started to leak on Wednesday morning and Wednesday before lunch, when I had a chance, I called Pete the Plumber. By 4:55 pm on Friday I had a new hot water tank installed for a very competitive price. Joe, my technician was professional, friendly, quick and helpful. He fixed an issue with the previous instillation of my old hot water tank without question and completed his new installation with limited disruption and total professionalism. I have no concerns with recommending Pete the Plumber for hot water tank replacement and I am sure their commitment to doing a good job continues to all other facets of the plumbing business. Baring any future issues with the tank or instillation, a great company to call.

Hi Robert,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your review - looks like we missed it!
Thank you very much for your kind words - we are so glad to know that you received excellent and timely service with your hot water tank.

Marco Amadeo in Calgary
Marco Amadeo in Calgary

SINK REPLACEMENT

From the front line staff, to the service manager, to Troy Kennedy, the plumber who replaced our kitchen sink, everyone demonstrated consumate and seamless professionalism. We bought a Kohler 130 pound double cast iron sink and were concerned it might not fit and might be to heavy for our countertop. When I called the company, the receptionist set up an appointment for Troy to come out and do a free appraisal and estimate. Troy concluded that the replacement would be no problem. The estimate was not only reasonable, but less than the estimate of the installer connected to the big box store where we bought the sink. The installation, including reconfiguring the plumbing and connecting the garburator was handled as as easily and as seamlessly as every othe step in the process. My only regret was that I didn't get to meet Troy, who exuded great confidence through our communication and showed superb competence in the performance of the work. Thank you Troy and thank you Pete the Plumber!!

Hi Marco,
Sorry for the late response - looks like we missed seeing your review.
Thank you so much for your feedback on Pete the Plumber. We really pride ourselves on the team we have here - Troy has been with us a long time and continues to provide the excellent service we strive for every time.
We look forward to helping you out with any future needs you may have.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Plumbing disaster

Pete the Plumber continues to exceed my expectations. My most recent service call with Jerry was no exception. He responded to my call quickly, fixed my problem and was very pleasant - nothing but good things to say!

Good morning,

Thank you for your review - we are overjoyed that we have been able to provide you with a high standard of workmanshop and customer service.
We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Justin L. from Calgary
Justin L. from Calgary

After hours water header replacement

Taylor did a great job with our after hours water tank replacement. Was fast, efficient and clean and helped co-ordinate some restoration work that was required due to some residual damage. This got the ball rolling on our overall repair a lot faster than would have happened otherwise. Definitely helped put our mind at ease and would highly recommend.

Hi Justin,
Thank you for your review - Taylor is an exceptional employee and we are very pleased to hear that you received the excellent service we strive to provide for all of our customers.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need us for anything in the future.

Geo in Calgary
Geo in Calgary

New furnace humidifier and hot water tank

Awesome team Shawn &Mike They did a perfect job paying close attention to detail you can tell they treated the job like it was their own house, from laying down drop sheets. To bringing in heater and tank and removing the old ones without a scratch on the walls. Tied down every loose wire and strapped ever pipe. Just think they did a great job will recommend Pete the Plumbers to anyone. Thanks to Nathan and Mary as well. Keep up the good work. I know I made the right choice.

Thanks George and Peggy

Hi George and Peggy,

Thank you for your review - we sincerely appreciate the feedback.
We are so pleased to hear about the care Shawn and Mike too while working in your home. It's very important to us that we leave the house as undisturbed as possible and make sure it's clean when we're done.
We look forward to assisting you with any future needs you may have.

More about Pete The Plumber

Pete The Plumber has been in business since 1999, and prides itself on fair pricing, and great service. We offer services for all your plumbing and heating needs. We have 24 hr emergency service and a new showroom where you can actually see fixtures working -Visit us Tues-Fri 10-6 and Sat 10-2