Pete The Plumber

Reviews for Pete The Plumber

Robert in Calgary
Robert in Calgary

New hot water tank

My hot water tank started to leak on Wednesday morning and Wednesday before lunch, when I had a chance, I called Pete the Plumber. By 4:55 pm on Friday I had a new hot water tank installed for a very competitive price. Joe, my technician was professional, friendly, quick and helpful. He fixed an issue with the previous instillation of my old hot water tank without question and completed his new installation with limited disruption and total professionalism. I have no concerns with recommending Pete the Plumber for hot water tank replacement and I am sure their commitment to doing a good job continues to all other facets of the plumbing business. Baring any future issues with the tank or instillation, a great company to call.

Marco Amadeo in Calgary
Marco Amadeo in Calgary

SINK REPLACEMENT

From the front line staff, to the service manager, to Troy Kennedy, the plumber who replaced our kitchen sink, everyone demonstrated consumate and seamless professionalism. We bought a Kohler 130 pound double cast iron sink and were concerned it might not fit and might be to heavy for our countertop. When I called the company, the receptionist set up an appointment for Troy to come out and do a free appraisal and estimate. Troy concluded that the replacement would be no problem. The estimate was not only reasonable, but less than the estimate of the installer connected to the big box store where we bought the sink. The installation, including reconfiguring the plumbing and connecting the garburator was handled as as easily and as seamlessly as every othe step in the process. My only regret was that I didn't get to meet Troy, who exuded great confidence through our communication and showed superb competence in the performance of the work. Thank you Troy and thank you Pete the Plumber!!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Plumbing disaster

Pete the Plumber continues to exceed my expectations. My most recent service call with Jerry was no exception. He responded to my call quickly, fixed my problem and was very pleasant - nothing but good things to say!

Good morning,

Thank you for your review - we are overjoyed that we have been able to provide you with a high standard of workmanshop and customer service.
We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Justin L. from Calgary
Justin L. from Calgary

After hours water header replacement

Taylor did a great job with our after hours water tank replacement. Was fast, efficient and clean and helped co-ordinate some restoration work that was required due to some residual damage. This got the ball rolling on our overall repair a lot faster than would have happened otherwise. Definitely helped put our mind at ease and would highly recommend.

Hi Justin,
Thank you for your review - Taylor is an exceptional employee and we are very pleased to hear that you received the excellent service we strive to provide for all of our customers.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need us for anything in the future.

Geo in Calgary
Geo in Calgary

New furnace humidifier and hot water tank

Awesome team Shawn &Mike They did a perfect job paying close attention to detail you can tell they treated the job like it was their own house, from laying down drop sheets. To bringing in heater and tank and removing the old ones without a scratch on the walls. Tied down every loose wire and strapped ever pipe. Just think they did a great job will recommend Pete the Plumbers to anyone. Thanks to Nathan and Mary as well. Keep up the good work. I know I made the right choice.

Thanks George and Peggy

Hi George and Peggy,

Thank you for your review - we sincerely appreciate the feedback.
We are so pleased to hear about the care Shawn and Mike too while working in your home. It's very important to us that we leave the house as undisturbed as possible and make sure it's clean when we're done.
We look forward to assisting you with any future needs you may have.

Happy Customer in Calgary
Happy Customer in Calgary

50 US gallon Hot water tank installed

From my initial call to the completion of the install, this had to be the easiest and most pleasant service experience I have dealt with. Chris the installer, showed up on time and did an exceptional job. He explained all the details and functions, cleaned up and left me totally satisfied. I highly recommend Pete and his team!

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy to hear that your whole experience, from beginning to end was to your expectations.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback, and hope to be able to help you in the future, should you need us.

Cochrane Customer
Cochrane Customer

Horrible treatment by Pete the Plumber and technicians

I was experiencing problems with my soft water and called Pete the Plumber. I had some questions as to what would be recommended, so was put through to Pete directly. He recommended a new soft water machine and iron filtration system since we live on an acreage property.
The install was booked within a couple of weeks. The day of the install technician Zach and an apprentice came and we all discussed together the placement of the new equipment since there were 3 additional pieces that would need to be installed in place of my old water softener and we needed adequate space. As you can see from the photo of the equipment, they needed a lot of space. They hauled the equipment down to the basement, complaining about how heavy it was. I offered them a drink, and brought them coffee down to the basement. I later returned to check on how they were doing and Zach complained about the girl who booked this appointment in. He complained that it was a 6 hour job and she only booked it for 3. He was upset with her, but that wasn't my fault. I went back upstairs and left them to it. Later I went to check on them again and they were installing the equipment in a very tight space between the sump pump and the furnace, contrary to what we had discussed before the job began. I questioned why they were installing it there, and explained that this is not what we had discussed, and in fact I would not be able to change the furnace filter nor remove the lid to my sump pump for servicing, let alone being able to access the softener to add the salt, etc. Zach got very angry and stated that he was installing it there because it was easier for him. I told him that I didn't want it there, that it wouldn't fit, and that it needed to be installed where there was more space as we had already discussed. He got very angry and told me that if he was going to move it, he was going to tack another $300 onto my bill. I told him I was not comfortable with him installing the equipment at all any more, that he was fired, and he needed to leave the property and take the equipment with him. I informed them that I needed to leave the house in half an hour to take my homeschooled children to chess. I left them alone. 20 minutes later they still were downstairs doing god knows what, but they hadn't started hauling their equipment or any of their tools out. I went back downstairs and asked what was taking them so long to leave. Zach told me very rudely that they weren't hauling the equipment back up the stairs and were finishing the job. I told him to leave immediately. They refused again. I screamed at them and told them that they had 10 minutes to get out of my house or I was calling RCMP. Finally they listened and left the house, stating that they were not turning our water back on for us. They left the house, however they remained parked inside the property, inside the gate and fence, and wouldn't leave. Zach informed me that he called Pete directly, and Pete told him not to leave unless he had a cheque for the full amount in hand. I refused, and told him to have Pete call me directly. Because I needed to leave, I had to leave the gate to my property open so they could get out and would not be trapped in, and therefore I needed to get my 2 large acreage dogs into my vehicle so I could leave with my kids so they wouldn't run away when we left with the open gate. When we returned home later, they were gone, They left us without water connection for the night, so the next day I called another plumbing company to come out to help us. I never did hear from Pete or anyone from the company until we received a notice from Land Titles that they had placed a writ on the property title. I contacted Pete the Plumber and was put in touch with their court agent, who had gone to court to obtain a default judgement, by serving it to an incorrect address. I hired a court agent costing several hundred dollars to have this judgement reversed, and finally will to attend court to defend my position against this company.

After consulting with our legal counsel it is with regret that we have to respond to this review. We find your review to be an interesting spin on the facts, which are as follows:
- The install was completed in line with the spacing that was agreed upon initially and with the expertise of a journeyman plumber who has the knowledge to suggest the best placement based on functionality and plumbing codes.
- The install was 95% completed and the technicians had been on site for about 4 hours when you asked them to move the equipment. When you asked the technicians to leave your property, 20 minutes was not enough time for them to uninstall the equipment and remove it from the property. As a result the equipment remained on the property unpaid for. Pete advised our technicians to remove themselves for safety reasons and contact the RCMP as our supplied equipment was not being paid for.
- Pete tried to contact you numerous times following the initial install date to come to a mutually acceptable outcome and even had a second booking set up to have another plumber from our company out to finish the install for you.
- As a result of not hearing from you and with Pete the Plumber’s supplied equipment being left on site and not paid for this matter was escalated. Pete the Plumber consulted with our legal counsel and this situation is pending mediation in hopes of not needing to go to court.
- Zach is an outstanding journey plumber that has been an employee of Pete the Plumber for over 10 years. He has one of the best customer service records and is requested for service by customers regularly.

Glen in Calgary
Glen in Calgary

New Furnace

Best experience ever. Doug is so professional honest and respectful. Will definitely recommend Pete the Plumber. Work was done in such a timely manner.
Thanks for such an excellent job done!

Hi Glen,

Thank you for your review - we sincerely appreciate the feedback.

Kevin in Calgary
Kevin in Calgary
1 review , ON

Hot Water Tank

Unlike all the other companies I called, this company gave me a quote over the phone, came out within 24 hours and installed a new water heater. Jay was fast, friendly and got the job done right.
I was impressed with the no “bull” conduct of doing business. I will definitely call them again and recommend them to friends and family.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you very much! We sincerely appreciate it.

Harris & Christine Toth in Calgary
Harris & Christine Toth in Calgary

New hot water tank

We called Pete and he sent out an exceptionally polite young man named Taylor. He was quick, efficient and we felt very confident in the work he did. The work site was cleaned, he went over the tank so we understood everything and were very happy with his work. Will always call Pete The Plumber for all future needs. Thank you.

Hi Harris and Christine,

Thank you very much for your recent review. We are very luck to have Taylor on our team and are happy that he was able provide you with the excellent service we strive for with every job.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any future needs you may have.

More about Pete The Plumber

Pete The Plumber has been in business since 1999, and prides itself on fair pricing, and great service. We offer services for all your plumbing and heating needs. We have 24 hr emergency service and a new showroom where you can actually see fixtures working -Visit us Tues-Fri 10-6 and Sat 10-2