HomeStars  >  Lawn Maintenance in Mississauga  >  Weed-A-Way Ltd.

Reviews for Weed-A-Way Ltd.

Ben in Mississauga

I could never get rid of all the weeds in my lawn as i did my own fertilize and weed control. We hired weedaway and they really are the professionals they do a better job then I do the products work! We are choosing to stay with them next year because it's about the same price if I do it myself so why not take it easy again this upcoming summer.

Thank you this really makes it all worth while!!!
Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year
Kevin and staff

Barton  in Brampton

Weed.A.Away is wonderful! We will happily recommend Weed Away for lawn care. It is indeed a pleasure to talk to and deal with the Weed.A.Away team. In spite of using a well-known lawn care companies, we had very disappointing results. There were more weeds than grass. We hired Weed.A.Away around end June 2017. Within the 2 months of hiring Weed.A.Away services, our lawn was looking much greener and weeds reduced to the point not visible. We have a large lot over 2 acres and love the attention of the crew to the entire lawn. Thank you Weed.A.Away.

Since investing in a turf tractor to handle large properties our customers have been very happy with the results and we are able to help our clients achieve great results

Volpe
1 review Hamilton, ON

These guys helped the lawn get green and the weeds go away it's fall and my wife is happy with how the lawn looks! Saw improvement after the first couple applications and are going to treat the lawn again next year!

Thank so much your kind comments everyone at weedaway always puts our clients number 1 because without our clients we are not number 1 and that is very important to all of us

Bubbles in Toronto

I just started with Weed-A-Way this year! Their technician and office staff were knowledgeable and courteous! Plus my lawn looks great! Thanks for a great job! I look forward to dealing with you all next year!

Thank everyone so much for your kind words

Vik in Brampton

Not impressed with quality of the product. My lawn still had weeds and I had gitten their most expensive product.

Also, their service is below par. They own me money and have been avoiding returning my calls. I would suggest you look somewhere else if you want better service.

Kevin the owner went out of his was to avoid refunding $157 for a service I cancelled. I was forced to look at other avenues to get my money back.

Don't make my mistake look for more reputable company.

I'm sorry Bike didn't have a pleasant experience with us but I can assure you Vick has his money back and we all learned from this experience

Robyn in Toronto

Ordered a program to keep help our lawn get into better shape after 2016 it didn't look that great. Weed Away has been servicing us since the beginning of the season and with all of the rain and their products our grass is very nice!

fahimrana

Morgon, great guy to deal with, If you have any issue talk to him, very friendly and helpful, he try his best to give you great service, really appreciate your help. recommended weed-away to everyone.

Review has 1 previous version

I think my office misunderstood you when we last spoke they thought your account was closed because you sold your house, I will send a service truck back and spray your lawn for you.

CAROLL in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Wow..! We had a lush lawn since spring and my husband didn't have to do the work. No more dandelions, crabgrass and other weeds. This company is no. 1 as they know exactly what to apply and when. We already booked them for next year.

Thanks Carol for your positive feed back this is what being self employed is all about

Berry mills  in Fort Myers
1 review Saint Quentin, NB

Hired these guys to do my grass and get in back into shape for my daughters wedding in 2018 we are very pleased with the progress already made this season, and by the looks of it we are happy.

Thanks Berry for your kind words and also for the referral you gave us.

Brent in Toronto
1 review Halton Hills, ON

We had bought a new home and the lawn was a mess. We called weed a way and the lady was very nice and recommended their premium service so that if there's even a single weed we could call to have a tech come out to spray. The first tech that came sprayed but missed large areas. When we called a month later they sent a second tech out who explained that the last person that sprayed didn't last long with the company and that was why they took two weeks to come back because they had to go and redo all of his work. A month and a half later we still had weeds all over so I called to have another treatment. It's now 2 weeks since I called and we still haven't had a tech come out. The staff is nice but the service is inconsistent and slow.

Update: after reaching someone the company has been very responsive and are going out of their way to make sure the job is done right.

Newest update. They were doing great for the two weeks after I wrote my bad review and changed the rating for them because they asked. A few weeks back I tried getting them to come out again because they kept missing part of our yard but the lady that answered the phone told me they wouldn't come out till a few weeks later and the it didnt matter that I paid for the premium service that I would only get 4 visits. I received a call the next day to apologize and a person going to come out the next week but after changing the date and cancelling the next time they finally showed up and treated the entire property. Unfortunately the area they had missed before was too far gone and now it's still full of weeds (pic attached). We had been hoping to be able to treat the lawn ourselves next year but we'll be staring off with a lawn full of weeds next year. So the money we spent was a waste and we will not be using them again next year and we will not be recommending them to others.

Review has 3 previous versions

I'm so glad we were finally able to meet your needs and I apologize that we didn't get it right the first time!
Thanks for the 2nd chance
Kevin

More about Weed-A-Way Ltd.

Lawn Care Specialists who guarantee a healthy & green lawn
Weed-A-Way is one of Canada's largest independent, family-owned and operated green lawn care companies. For over 4 decades our professional lawn care and weed control services have served customers in Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Georgetown, and Caledon.

Keeping a lawn vibrant, lush green, free of weeds, safe from insects and pests, is a shared responsibility between our professional staff and the home owner whose lawn we care for. A responsibility that we take very seriously and are deeply committed to.

Download our Lawn Care Tips to stay on top of lawn maintenance.

Now there’s a way to stop thinking "The grass is greener on the other side"! Weed-A-Way’s premium lawn care products and services will make your dream lawn a stunning reality. Here’s how:

*As industry leaders and certified IPM (Integrated Pest Management) specialists, our lawn care programs utilize the most advanced turf management practices and products.

*Our lawn amendment treatments as well as lawn care programs promote a vibrant landscape.

*Depending upon weather conditions, we use a combination of Liquid and Granular fertilizers. Of course, if you prefer Granular, just let us know.

*We guarantee results with our fertilizer and weed control programs. If after an application stubborn weed persists we'll come back and re-spray at no charge.

Our services consist of the following programs and additional services:

*Basic (Fertilizer & Weed Control) Lawn Care Program

*Intermediate Organic Lawn Care Program

*Advanced Lawn Care Program

*Weed Control: FIESTA: A highly-recommended timely weed control which is composed of iron and is odourless, Fiesta kills the weeds but does not harm the lawn. It is applied by our highly qualified technicians throughout your season long program. Weeds compete with grass and plants for nutrients, water and sunlight. Broadleaf weeds are usually the greatest threat. If not dealt with quickly, they can destroy all your hard work. Effective weed control solutions from Weed-A-Way lawn services will ensure a healthy and vibrant lawn. We have extensive experience in dealing with various types of weeds like dandelion, broadleaf plantain, etc., and know how to deal with each one.

*Core Aeration: The secret to a lush, green lawn is core aeration. Soil compacts over time and especially with traffic. Core aeration allows nutrients, water and oxygen to reach grass roots more easily. However, lawn aeration is more than just punching holes in the ground. You must have the proper equipment and be willing to set aside a couple of hours for aeration. It’s also important to know when your garden needs core aeration. Weed-A-Way’s lawn services take the trial and error out of grass treatments. We make sure that the grass is always green on your side of the fence.

*Grub Treatment: Typically, grubs attack grass roots. A damaged root system results in a poor quality lawn with dirty, yellowish brown patches. Timely grub treatment from Weed-A-Way will avoid the huge expense of replacing your lawn as well as eliminate the threat of skunks and raccoons that feed on them. By using natural grub treatments like nematodes (naturally occurring microscopic worms) to destroy them and alfalfa treatments to stimulate roots, increase growth and drought resistance, our efficient lawn services will ensure a strong and healthy turf.

*Crab Grass Control: Crabgrass forms thick clumps of light green leaves that are highly competitive with turf grasses. It turns brownish red in mid to late summer. Timely treatments are the most effective way to deal with crabgrass. Since this lawn problem germinates from seeds in spring it’s extremely important to apply the crabgrass control treatment before germination takes place.

*Lime Treatment: In order to have healthy soil that supports grass growth, it is important to maintain the appropriate pH (acidity) balance. Using lime treatment is often the best solution. Although some lawn experts recommend lime treatment before starting a lawn, applications on mature turf also have several benefits. However, in order for your lime treatment to be effective, you must have knowledge of your soil’s pH levels. Our experienced lawn services will analyze a soil sample before applying lime treatment to your grass. We make sure we get it done right.

*Surface Insect Control: Chinch bugs, sod webworms, cutworms and other surface insects usually strike in the summer. They are so small and usually buried in the lawn thatch; that’s why it so hard to spot them. Very often insect ridden grass looks dry and you might think it simply needs watering. Since your lawn is already stressed with the heat, drought-like conditions, weeds and traffic, the damage is greater. Weed-A-Way surface insect treatment means identifying your problems quickly and correctly, and then taking the appropriate control measures to eliminate the pests.

*Overseeding and Core Aeration: Core aeration makes your overseeding efforts worthwhile. By unplugging the soil in a methodical way, you can remove thatch and reduce soil compaction as well as increase success of weed, surface insect and lime treatments. But a significant benefit of core aeration with regard to overseeding is that it allows the nutrients to reach the seeds and roots faster. Our expert lawn services can handle your overseeding and core aeration requirements to ensure proper effectiveness.