Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving Co

Moving & Storage
Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Ottawa  >  Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving Co

Reviews for Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving Co

Heather in London
Heather in London
1 review London, ON

UNPREDICTABLE MOVE

This company is professional and hardworking, and demonstrate extreme care in moving all items. It was a difficult move, from an apartment building into a Retirement residence, where access was prohibited by walking distance to elevator, and only one elevator that could not be put on 'service'. Cody and Jake, the movers, were persistent in completing this exhausting move, and never once failed to be polite and considerate of the senior residents, and very accommodating in ensuring furniture placement and boxes, etc. were in place before leaving. Thank you again!

Thank you Heather for your great review. Im so happy that our men were able to make the difficult move a little easier on you. I will make sure the London office see's your review and the men get a copy of the letter as well.

Excellent Service in London
Excellent Service in London
1 review London, ON

Excellent Service

Moving is stressful and can be mayhem. Not with this service. From the moving list to the detail of what is provided you have a sense of control and what you need.
We chose to have 3 guys give us a hand. A sense of calm entered the day the moment they arrived.
It was just like moving with friends only friends that knew what they were doing!
The process was guided from the place of experience and a real caring that to ensure not one item got damaged.
The process was very efficient. Not once did I wonder if feet were being dragged to extend the time it took to increase the cost.
I will use this service for any future moves, including moving heavy furniture in my home.
I can’t thank the three small men who did arrive with very big hearts, great senses of humour and tremendous work ethics!
I recommend Two Small Men with Big Hearts Moving Company.
Maureen, London, ON

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have sent a copy of your review to the London office. We look forward to helping you with any future moves you may have.

Leslie in Camden East
Leslie in Camden East
1 review Camden East, ON

Mover

Showed up an hour late. Half way through packing said we needed another truck we had to wait for the other truck while the first truck left. My husband and I had to help pack the second truck or we.would.be there all day. We also had to pay for the second truck even though it was their miscalculation. The truck had no logo on it and they didn't have a proper business card. It was actually for a different company so I think the job was farmed out. The second truck did not arrive until 8 pm several items ended up being damaged . One table was totally broken. They did take 200 off the bill right away. The movers were very nice. When we discovered we needed another truck we asked them to have Andrew the sr. Person there call us to discuss the price he never called once. When it came time to pay he allowed them to take off $15 an hour for the second truck big deal. The movers were trying but the office set them up for failure horrible service.from the office in Brampton.

Good afternoon Leslie,

I have spoken to the office that did your move and have their response to your review.

Both the customer and his wife had a conversation with both the driver and the helper. The office did try to contact Andrew so he could talk with the client but they were unable to reach him and took matters into their own hands. Regardless, the office did exactly what he would have done given the situation.

The office staff mentioned to the client when we dispatched the second truck that the rate was generally $95.00 per hour for 1 man and the truck but that we were going to discount that rate to $70.00 per hour. Both Moussa (office staff) and Tiam (manager) mentioned to the client that we were not going to charge for the time that the mover would wait for the second truck in order to facilitate the move. Moussa and Tiam were told by the client that the pieces were small and that one man could load the truck themselves. The customer and his wife made the decision to send the crew off to the final destination against our advice.

The truck that was to be dispatched was in fact no miscalculation but rather exactly what the client requested and what we suggested based on the our conversation with the client.
Yes the movers were a bit tardy due to the fact that one employee was late. The client was called by the driver to let them know about the delay. At all times lines of communication were open.

The truck that was dispatched is not currently logo-ed but will be in two weeks, when weather permits and conducive to afix the decals. Our CVOR number is on the vehicle. But again we were always in contact with the client. The rate discounted was not $15.00 per hour but was $25.00 per hour with absolutely NO FUEL CHARGED for a move that was a distance of approximately 500 kilometres round trip.

The client, although advised to keep one man extra on site to help load the second truck, refused this option on his own accord. Had there been at least one extra man on the second truck the move may have gone a bit faster.

Please contact the office regarding the broken table and any other damages that were done. Im sure they will take care of it for you.

I was sent a copy of the invoice and I can see that you were only charged $70.00 and not the $95.00 that was the rate for the service you received.

Sincerely,

Anthony and Mario in Pickering
Anthony and Mario in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Residential Move

One of the best moving team we have ever used. Shawn in the office was very professional and helpful throughout the booking process and the follow up. Thank you to Raman, Dave, Nitin and Harry Potter. You guys were friendly very respectful of our belonging, fast and efficient.
We would highly recommend Two Small Men with Big Hearts if you require a moving company. The truck showed up on time, all four men were ready to go and worked extremely hard. They had to deal with a three story walk up and then at the other end had a elevator. Everything arrived safe and without and damage or bruises. The total moves took seven hours and it was less than we had thought it would be. Once again thank you guys for making our moving day stress less and enjoyable. Great job

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means alot to both the office staff and the men on the jobs. I have passed your review on to the local office that helped you with your move so they too can have a good day.

The worst experience

So here is how my moving story goes. I contacted them a week in advance, telling them we are moving out of a 4 story town-house to a condo! We packed all our stuff in boxes (books, fragile) and garbage bags (clothing, bulky stuff and ...). I took a picture of everything and sent it to them. I told them that a bunch of big item (like our beds and an office desk) are not leaving the house, and just need to be moved to the den for later removal. They told us to book the freight elevator in the condo for 12-3. They came in the day of, and started nagging about how we packed and we might be late. 1 pm and they were still half way trough! They said they asked the company to send extra movers but in the mean time we should help as well if we want to make it! 3 of us started helping, and 2 pm they are still not done! I told them to just leave the rest so we can make it to the elevator and told them just grab the hanging cloths and go! They said, oops, the box ward robes are in the back of the truck and they cannot access it. the 2 other crews joined in the destination with only half an hour left of the booked elevator! They said "we don't mind if you help too!!!" and every single time expected us to move the bags from the elevator to our unit ourselves! They were extremely rude, constantly talking behind our back, right infront of us! "That is not how you pack", "Yeah I know, that is just common sense"! right into our face!!! Then it came 3:15 and the next tenants needed the elevator! They said, well we can't do anything else but we are on the clock! I told them in that case lets go back to my town house and grab the rest of the stuff! they said, we will lose our spot here, but nobody else was planned to come. They grudgingly agreed to come back on my car to move the rest of the stuff at least to the den so I can move it myself! They nagged every single step they took! They brought lots of stuff in but did not assemble! I had lots of arguments with the leader of the team! The next day, I contacted the company and complained. The lady on the phone told me that she will pass my concerns but cannot do more. I said I want to talk to the manager! Turns out, the manager was the same leader that did not move a finger and was nagging the whole time! The mother company said branches are independent so nothing they could do. I ended up asking a friend with a truck to come and help me move the remaining stuff the next day. This experience could not be anymore horrible and more stressful. Do not, do not use these guys! Even if they are the last crew available in town and you have to pay an extra month of rent, it is just not worth it!!!

Im very sorry to hear your move did not go as planned. I am checking with the local office that did your move to find out what happened. If you can email me with more information it would be helpful. My direct email address is [email protected]

I have heard back from the office who has video of some of the move for insurance purposes. I still have not heard back from you.
When you booked your move you had asked about the cost of packing and you declined the packing services saying you would pack yourself. When the men arrived to do the move you were not packed and you threw most of your belongings in garbage bags which is not a good idea for moving. The boxes were twice as heavy as they should have been and took 2 men to move them since they were not taped well. There were only 15-20 boxes and about 40-50 garbage bags that even had dishes in them. Beds, tables, floors and closets were still covered with items that were not packed. When our men have to pack as well as load the truck this all takes time.
Because the truck could not get close to the home to load you were asked to help only because it would take extra time to carry everything that distance. If time were not of any importance to you they would not have asked for help to get things down to the doorway, but they had to try and make the elevator time. The second crew was called in to help, but they could not leave the move they were on to come and help right away.
I think the key to the move taking so long and turning into a nightmare was that your home was not packed when they arrived. We cannot force customers to use our packing services, but do stress that they be ready to move when the truck arrives.
Again, Im sorry the move did not go as planned and hope that the next time you move you give us a second chance with the packing and moving.

Lesley in Stratford
Lesley in Stratford
1 review Stratford, ON

Quick move, well done!

I moved last week in a very short timeline, with little time to prepare. A houseful of contents was boxed and moved within 3 weeks. I was recommended this company and I am very pleased with the move. The young men were careful but fast, polite and professional, accommodating and extremely personable. Care was taken not to damage any surfaces. Nothing was too much trouble even when I changed my mind for the desired location of an item. My furniture was wrapped and blanketed efficiently. They arrived promptly and the entire move of a houseful of contents took less than 6 hours.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm sure the men will appreciate the pat on the back. I will make sure the correct office receives your review.

David in Hamilton
David in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Big hearts indeed

This was the second time that we used the services of this company. While we were very happy with their hard work the first time, we were even more pleased the second time around. From the helpful advice provided by their office personnel during the planning process to the very hard working, professional and friendly movers everything went without a single hitch.

Thank you so very much for your kind words. Our workers try so hard to make our customers happy and you are proof that they are doing their job. Have a great weekend.

House Move

One of the rudest, most disorganized companies. They broke approximately half of our furniture during the move, would not reimburse us and were impolite and unprofessional. Should not be in business.

I am so sorry to hear your move did not go well. If you could please email me directly I can look into what happened and see if we can do something to make you happier.
[email protected]

1 review Kingston, ON

Worst Decision

Should have seen the signs from the moment we received the phone call that they were going to be late. Once they arrived after an hour delay, one of the movers decided to walk away from the job which is where we proceeded to wait again for another mover to show up. Following this, the mover that did assist was amazing and hustled, though the manager/owner kept on talking and taking his time. Throughout this entire time, we had to shrink wrap a few of our pieces ourselves as they weren't being quick enough and they ended up scratching a few of our pieces previously which is why we took initiative ourselves. Unloading to the new place was quick and took about less than an hour. Total time was 5.5 hrs where 1 hr was their lunch break which we definitely did not expect to pay! This was quite unbelievable and when it came time to pay, the owner/manager also expected a tip on top of the costly price to move! I would not recommend this company to anyone moving.

I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with one of our local offices. Could you please let me know which office did your move so I can try and fix this for you. You can email me directly at [email protected]

1 review New Hamburg, ON

Nightmare of a move

When my family and I moved, we decided to go with this company due to being insured and having decent reviews. Worst decision we ever made. When we initially called, they stated they would send someone over to give us a quote. The bad vibes started when the guy showed up 45 minutes late. I should have took this as a sign.

On moving day, we asked again if they were insured and if everything was covered against damage and the guy said “absolutely”. Well, we thought the move went well and even tipped the movers when they were done. The next day, I plugged in our 60 inch TV and noticed a impact crack with lines going down the screen. I called first thing the next morning to find out how I go about getting it repaired or replaced. When we called, we explained that our TV was broken during the move and the receptionist stated that someone would be in touch in 2 to 4 hours. After 5 hours passed, we called back and again was told 2 to 4 more hours for a callback. When I felt we were getting nowhere, I asked to speak to a manager and was transferred to his cell. When we explained the issue, his first response was “We didn’t break your TV”. No empathy, no sympathy, just denile. Doing my best to stay calm, I explained that it was working fine right before the move. I even had it on while the movers were moving stuff on to the truck!

Since there was no way to prove they broke it and there so-called “we are insured” is a joke, I HIGHLY recommend taking a video of your TV working with the movers there and immediately checking it after the move BEFORE you pay! I can honestly say these people don’t give a damn about your stuff and will deny breaking anything. Their claim of insurance is a joke and I would seriously look elsewhere if you are looking for a good moving company.

We do carry Insurance coverage on all of our moves, its required by law to cover our customers at .60 per pound per item. The government sets the rate, not our office. A 50" TV weighs approximately 100 pounds so at the .60 per pound the payout would be $60.00 less the deductible of $50.00 so a cheque would be made out for $10.00. But we are willing to do so much better than that, but patience is needed so we can help you out at a very busy time.
I have spoken to the office that did the move. They tell me still that they did not break the TV. When they arrived the TV was laying flat on the floor, the men wrapped the TV in the padded moving blankets and loaded it into the truck. It was not banged or rough handled at any time so there should not have been any damage done to it. However the management told you that he would replace the TV or give you the depreciated value of the TV within 10 days as his office is very busy. Month end is a very busy time for movers so he just needs some time. In the meantime he has asked for the receipt for the TV which has not yet been provided. By the model number it is a 50" TV not a 60" TV. Please contact the local office mid next week for an update on the TV, but if you find your receipt before then by all means let the office know so they can move along with this.
The move did start a bit late, but the driver did phone to let you know they were running late and at the time you indicated it was not an issue. But it seems it became an issue after the move was completed.

More about Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving Co

Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving is one of Canada's largest network of independent moving companies . Our goal is to provide a top level of moving service anywhere in Canada or the USA at a competitive price. This will ensure stable, steady growth and make us a force in the future. We offer local and long distance moving services for homes, apartments & offices within North America.

Some services that we provide are, Local, Long Haul, National and International Moving for Residential, Office and Commercial Moves.