Tom Trucker

Reviews for Tom Trucker

Anne   from Toronto
Anne from Toronto

Moving

I hired Tom Trucker recently to move me from Toronto to Cobourg. They also disposed of certain unwanted items the day before the move. They were a pleasure to deal with and moved my belongings with care and helped my get set up at the other end. What more can you ask!!!

Judith M from Toronto
Judith M from Toronto

Movers

We recently used Tom Trucker to move my mother from one apartment to another - with some of her furniture going to two other locations. They were very organized and professional in the lead-up, and arrived right on time on the day of the move. In fact, we weren't entirely organized ourselves, and they were very helpful in taking things in a convenient order for us, and even suggesting furniture arrangements for the new place that were excellent. Quite a lot of the furniture was going to my daughter's storage locker, but when the movers arrived there, it turned out the storage facility had provided the wrong code to open the locker. When my daughter couldn't get hold of the right code, the movers kindly kept the furniture on the truck overnight and re-delivered it the next day. Even then, the storage facility had screwed up again, so upon request, the movers delivered it to my daughter's apartment for the time being. Throughout all of this, they were patient, skillful, pleasant and professional and considering the time and effort, an excellent deal. I recommend them very highly!

Jessie from Toronto
Jessie from Toronto

Tom Trucker

DO. NOT. USE. Absolutely terrible experience. The move should have been simple. It was a bachelor apartment. They were four hours late, made excuses, damaged and lost property. I will never use or suggest them to anyone.

Mary Breen from Toronto
Mary Breen from Toronto

moving

I have used this company many times and had adequate service, but my last move was a nightmare. I had specifically asked for 3 men at 8 a.m. because I had a move-in time booked at my new apartment, but they showed up at 9 a.m. with 2 men and missed the loading window entirely. I only got moved in because the next guy was late too. They were insensitive, broke a LOT of stuff and seemed to just keep giving me wildly inaccurate estimates of time, totally unnecessarily adding to my stress level. Never again.

Drew from Toronto
Drew from Toronto

Moved 1 bedroom apartment

Love these guys.

I have used Tom Trucker three times now and will continue to. I have recommended them to friends, and even my current landlord who wants to grab some stuff from storage.

Always friendly, honest and timely. Very affordable rates. Made my move less stressful.

Love Tom Trucker.

Denise from Old Toronto
Denise from Old Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Moving from House to Storage

My experience with Tom Trucker was a nightmare. I was moving my household from the 2nd and 3rd floor of a house to storage. The move started off well enough, but after going up and down the 3rd floor stairs a few times the two guys had a conference - and then told me they weren't going to move anything else because they said I had bedbugs! There were never any bedbugs. They overturned a shelving unit that I hadn't finished clearing off, and broke several precious family items. And I provided my own receipt book and had them sign it for the $750 I was charged, because they said they didn't give receipts at the time of the move. I had to book another mover the next day to complete my move. The move ended up costing me double what I had originally budgeted. Stay away from Tom Trucker if you value your belongings and your peace of mind.

ashley from Toronto
ashley from Toronto

Moved from North York to Scarborough

Love this company, have used them several times and recommended to friends who had equally great experiences!
Friendly and obviously experienced movers. Got the job done really fast.
Only con is they were behind schedule but that's the nature of the business and they will tell you that's a possibility on the phone! You won't find a budget moving company who is able to -promise- you a specific time, because if the people they moved before you were not honest about how much stuff they have, or didn't pack properly or -whatever- they cant very well leave mid way through to come to your move, can they?
so work your move around a flexible schedule to avoid stress!

Love these guys will use again.

Anna in Dundas
Anna in Dundas
4 reviews Dundas, ON

Disastrous House Move!!!

We had a horrendous experience with this company. I booked my move months in advance for our 4 bedroom house and went over many details of what we needed to move on the phone. On the day of our move Tom Trucker crew arrived with a small truck, like a cube van! No way was all of our stuff going to fit. I was really stressed out, the crews were difficult to deal with and stood around saying nothing outside while I tried in vain to reach their office by phone. They said they would have to do 2 trips, charged by the hour, and our new house was an hour away!!! They smoked incessantly and one mover was chugging strong booze out of a take-out coca-cola cup (at 9am). They started loading up our stuff, and were able to reach their boss on the phone although he wouldn't answer for us. He had them take our stuff somewhere until it could be sorted out (yes, exactly, they were worried we wouldn't pay). We finally got a call from the owner who said to me, not politely, that they only do half house moves, didn't I know that??? They were not equipped to move whole houses, only half houses. I told him that this was ridiculous and that at no point in any of our many conversations did I indicate that I would like to move only half my stuff! We kicked up enough of a fuss that another truck finally arrived a few hours later... Our move took all day until the evening. It was a horrible day. Go with a reputable company! These guys were a disaster.

Rahim in Toronto
Rahim in Toronto

Move within Toronto

AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!! - This company ran the classic bait and switch on me. When I booked my appointment, they confirmed the per hour price with me but then that changed (to a much higher price) once the movers arrived and had my stuff in their truck. Head office wouldn't pick up my calls (the movers had no problem talking to head office but wouldn't let me talk to them). Don't think you're getting better movers than those on craigslist...avoid this company or you risk having a terrible moving experience