The Floor Shop

Best of 2019 winner 4 timesBest of 2019winner 4 times

Reviews for The Floor Shop

Laura
Laura

Hardwood flooring, capped stairs, new pickets, landing and railing.

Andrew and Ryan at the Floor Shop were wonderful to deal with. Very thorough, prompt and responsive. They explained everything to me and ensured my understanding every step of the way. I never once had to follow-up with them and they kept me in the loop throughout the project. We were working with very tight timelines and they worked to accommodate our schedule despite an unanticipated setback. At the time of installation, we noticed one small cracked floorboard. I called them to report it on the Friday of a long weekend and the issue was completely resolved by 11:00 am on the very next business day. I could not be happier that we chose The Floor Shop. Thank you Andrew and Ryan!

Hardwood Floors

Very knowledgeable staff, no pressure and very patient when undecided. Installation went without a hitch. Crew was polite and cleaned up afterwards. Highly recommend The Floor Shop! Will use them again for future projects.

Andrew

New floor in kitchen and family room

Replace old parquet and install new wood floors to match as closely as possible the wood floors in the front of the house.
Very fast and efficient work crew - couldn't find a colour to match perfectly with front of house - but it looks beautiful.
We worked personally with the owner which creates confidence in the company and the product.

mary.doucette
mary.doucette

Floor replacement in Condo (1200 sq ft)

The overall quality of the workmanship on the floor was excellent. Work began on time, finished on time. There were a few problems with installation: double doors in bedroom would not fit over new floor, and had to be cut and re-installed in a separate visit. Ditto for entrance to unit, which had to have a different, ceramic threshold installed. Excellent work attending to both problems!

There were also a few annoying problems with small details: two reminders to return baseboard paint were ignored, and we ended up picking up the paint ourselves. Floor maintenance and polishing kit were promised (twice) but again, a special reminder was necessary.

But all in all, very satisfied with work!

Derek
Derek

Floor refinishing and new hardwood install

We've engaged The Floor Shop twice for two separate projects. Their team has great attention to detail, are very communicative, and the jobs were professionally done. We are very happy with the results and would recommend them without reservation.

Andrew

new floor for kitchen make over

The guys showed up right on time...the floating floor went in nice and easy...they were done in record time and left everything nice and clean. A very simple worry free process.

E.A.N.
E.A.N.

Wood floor installation

We have had The Floor Shop install new hardwood floors in two areas of our home; we also used their services to refinish other wood floors and stair treads to match. The job estimate was accurate, the work was completed professionally and the results are amazing! We felt that the price was worth the investment for such a beautiful result.

stevenandmichael
stevenandmichael

Flooring in spare bedroom

The guys showed up and got the job domne quickly. They matched the new flooring with the old perfectly. Adterwards, everything was cleaned up, including a vaccuum

anne.parker1
anne.parker1

New Floors

I can't say enough about my experience with The Floor Shop. The staff were great. Susan was very helpful.

Love the product! I installed vinyl plank flooring installed which looks just like engineered hardwood. It is perfect for condos because it isn't subject to changes in humidity like wood is., and is less susceptible to water damage and scratching. I was replacing my floors because of leak from the fan coil unit.

The installation went smoothly. I have a large condo. Given that the installers had to shuffle the furniture around, and remove carpeting and and an extensive amount of parkey flooring, they were in and out in three days, debris and all. They were pleasant and good at problem solving. I have a feature wall in my living room, a tile wall with fire place, TV and shelving which would not have looked good trimmed with white quarter round. They came up with a solution to avoid installing quarter round. It looks great.

I have already had people in the see the floor, and referred others in my building to the Floor Shop.

Roger H.
Roger H.

Condo floor laid in living area.

We spent some time finding the most appropriate flooring The Floor Shop had a great selection and were very helpful in finding us exactly the right product. They loaned us samples for a few days to watch the effect of the changing light. When we were ready to proceed they were flexible in timing the installation to fit with the cabinet workers progress. The flooring installers had spent many years with the company. They did precise work efficiently and cheerfully negotiated the complex layout of the cabinetry. While there is necessarily some dust from cutting the wood, the crew kept it to a minimum andswpt and vaccumed as the project continued It was a pleasure to have them in the condo. We are very happy with the result and admire the quality and precision of the work. I can wholeheartedly recommend the Floor Shop, this is the second condo they have worked on for us and both projects were completed on time and exactly as promised.
Roger Harris

More about The Floor Shop

Category for The Floor Shop : Floor Retailers

Mississauga Store Hours: 8am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri & 9am - 4:00pm Saturdays

Etobicoke Store Hours: 10am - 6:00pm Mon-Fri & 9am - 4:00pm Saturdays

Toronto Store Hours: 7:30am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri & 10:00am - 5:00 pm Saturdays

The Floor Shop has built its business on referrals. For more than 30 years we have been supplying and installing Hardwood Flooring for both home and business, THAT’S ALL WE DO. Our knowledgeable Staff can help you make the right choices for your environment based on appearance, price, and traffic.