The Floor Shop

Floor Retailers
700 Dundas St. East Mississauga ON L4Y3Y5
HomeStars  >  Floor Retailers in Mississauga  >  The Floor Shop
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for The Floor Shop

Kate K. in Toronto

I'm thrilled with the floors and the installation from The Floor Shop. I installed Torly's Hickory engineered wood floors to replace damaged floors from a neighbour's flooding. The staff at the store, Peter and the installers were all friendly and helpful. Everyone arrived on time and did what they said they were going to do in the time they said it would take (a nearly miraculous event during a renovation). I would gladly buy floors and have them installed by this company again (but hopefully I won't have to!)

Corrado in Toronto

Hardwood Flooring Installation throughout the house
The staffs at the Wicksteed location were extremely knowledgeable and patient with us. Peter at the Floor Shop did the in-house measuring and estimation for us and discussed options with us. I was confident that they would do an excellent job. His team of installers - Voitek and Patrick - did a VERY nice looking installation that everyone has commented on. In the middle of the hottest three days of the summer (2017) this crew worked relentlessly and finished the job with some time to spare. We couldn't be happier with the final product, including that our floor no longer squeaks and everything is now level. The crew also fixed some issues with transitions and doors. I would highly recommend The Floor Shop to anyone.

Job Price

Called to get an additional floor installed. Installers turned up promptly. Great work and very fast. Whole room was done in a couple of hours. Result was a Great looking floor, would use again

JEREMY in Komoka
1 review London, ON

Excellent experience with The Floor Shop from start to finish. The staff in the Wicksteed location were extremely knowledgeable and patient with us. From Peter's experience and knowledge in the area of older East York homes, I was confident that they would do an excellent job. The installers Voitek and Patrick were fantastic. Listened to my concerns and made a 100 year old house seem brand new with very few creaks (little to none actually). The banister and pickets are fantastic with all the details we ordered. Friends have commented on how modern and fresh our house is now since the renovation. It's been 5 months since the renovation and the floors are still great. Would recommend The Floor Shop in a heartbeat. You get what you pay for - Solid staff and an honest company with experience installers all the way!!

rps in north york

Peter at the Floor Shop did the in-house measuring and estimation for us and discussed options with me. It was an immediate confidence builder - he knew his stuff and his input was extremely helpful to the decision making process. His team of installers - Voitek and Patrick - did a VERY nice looking installation that everyone has commented on. This include taking apart and later reassembling a very large, complex custom desk installation that had to be cleared out of the way until the new floor was in place. All in all this was a great experience and I have already recommended The Floor Shop to friends.

Dayna in
1 review Newmarket, ON

Great experience, I had spent weeks trying to decide on wood, color, grain, width etc, still unsure when Peter came to our home to give a quote, he was so knowledgeable and took the time to explain reasons why I may want to choose this verses that; by the time he left I had firmly decided, the outcome was beautiful, I love my new floors. The two men who did the installation were very friendly and fast, they completed two large rooms in one day.

Michael and Julia in Toronto

We recently engaged The Floor Shop to install new hardwood throughout the main floor and cap the stairs to the second floor at our home. We investigated a number of flooring providers before going to the office on Wicksteed, and we couldn't be happier with the results. Everyone was a pleasure to deal with from beginning to end. Peter came out to the house to do an estimate and took the time to explain our options as to flooring material and finishes with regard to the fact that we have two large dogs, and the effects they can have on any hardwood floor.

When it came time to finalize the colour they were more than happy to provide large sample boards that we could take home and try throughout the house in different locations and various lighting during the day. Thanks Susan and Joseph.

Andrew coordinated the install and was very accommodating to some of the last minute changes we required.

Voitek and Patrick did the install over two days and the end result is outstanding! They even took the extra time to level the new treads over the old on the sagging staircase. The change there is stunning. True craftsmen.

Again, we couldn't be happier with the end result, and would not hesitate to use The Floor Shop again or recommend them to anyone considering new flooring.

Dorothy in Mississauga

cost of $2800 thru Lowes Mavis Branch, Mississauga - included laminate, underlay, labour, furniture moving, transport & taxes.
Big thank U's to Arvind Customer Service desk at Lowes. Peter & Ryan who ensured a smooth transition of materials & labour from store to condo & for 2 great guys Rick & Bob for their perfect workmanship, completion of the work well within the allotted time, and their pleasant & courteous attitude. We are looking forward to using them on another project. Very satisfied customers. Dorothy & Herbert Heldt

Mike Wilson in Toronto

We had the hardwood replaced for the entire second floor of our semi-detached house. This involved ripping up the old strip flooring, installing new plywood/sub-floor, leveling out a number of spots and installing the new hardwood. We couldn't be happier with the final product, including that our floor no longer squeaks and everything is now level. Also, our interaction with the Floor Shop was excellent from the time we visited the Wicksteed showroom, getting the quote from Peter to having the floors installed by Bob. I would recommend the Floor Shop to anyone, and I would hire them again (indeed, I'm planning on booking them again to refinish the floors on our main floor).

Marnie B in Etobicoke

I decided to install flooring in my condo this fall and i had read a few reviews on HomeStars about the Floor shop. I went to the store and spoke to Justin who was extremely helpful and informative. I told him my price range and that i was looking for a high end grade laminate and he showed me some what they had and which ones had rebate incentives. it took me a long time to decide what flooring i was going to install and when i called Justin to book it, he wasn't sure if i could get them installed before Christmas but he called me back later that day and made it happen. Jan and Tamas showed up on installation day and they were so calm and respectful, when i was absolutely stressed out! They were so good at reassuring me that everything was going to be fine that i knew i was in good hands. When i came home the next day, my place looked spectacular! It wasn't just the workmanship that was outstanding, it was how clean my place was left after. I just can't thank Jan and Tamas for all their hard work and justin for all patience and dedication to making sure i was happy. Thanks again!

More about The Floor Shop

Category for The Floor Shop : Floor Retailers

Mississauga Store Hours: 8am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri & 9am - 4:00pm Saturdays

Etobicoke Store Hours: 10am - 6:00pm Mon-Fri & 9am - 4:00pm Saturdays

Toronto Store Hours: 7:30am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri & 10:00am - 5:00 pm Saturdays

The Floor Shop has built its business on referrals. For more than 25 years we have been supplying and installing Hardwood Flooring for both home and business, THAT’S ALL WE DO. Our knowledgeable Staff can help you make the right choices for your environment based on appearance, price, and traffic.