The Energuy

BarneyRubble in Thornhill
BarneyRubble in Thornhill
5 reviews THORNHILL, ON

Energy Audit

We selected Energuy to do our Ecoenergy audit. The auditor that came in was thorough in assessing the home and gave us some recommendations on how to improve our score.
The report generated was well-written and was easily accessible on their website soon after the audit was done.
Even though the auditor gave us recommendations, some of the changes we ended up making (especially regarding heat loss) seemed not worth the time and effort. In particular, the auditor suggested we change the weatherstripping around the garage door, front door and door to the cold storage room. He also suggested we purchase the foam backing kits to put behind the electrical outlets. I really don't feel any of those changes made any difference at all. I also would have appreciated a post-audit report but I was told they only give a score and not a full report.

Himanshu in Etobicoke
Himanshu in Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Home Energy Evalution

We wanted to finsih our basement. Before starting any work, a visit to the Home Show led us do a Home Energy Evalution. This we did by contracting with the Energuy. The contractors were very helpful and explained the process in detail. They were very courteous. Once the pre evalution was done, we went on to do the project of finishing the basement. Once basement was completed,the Energuy company was called in to do re-evalution. They were prompt to come in again. The rebate papers were also completed by them. Whenever their office was called the answered any question very effectively.

Vivah
Vivah

pre and post audits

I am giving 6 for this company, i spent for my attic upgrade and air leaks, but i did not get the grant for air leaks, pre audit guy recommended for air leaks so as per his advise i fixed it myself, post audit guy did not bother i kept saying air leaks fixed he did not listen, he did the audit and gone, i did not get the grant for air leaks, these companies they don't care about us getting the grant, they care about their audit report sent to ministry and get our audit fee only, also i did not like their audit report it was very standard , not specific to my condition of the house. its like a copy/paste. they are just doing their minimum duty.

Thanks for your feedback! You are somewhat correct with the report that is generated. It is somewhat standard, but it is the only software any audit company is able to use at this time, in order to qualify homeowners for grants. In response to the air leakage, we are not able to "give grants", we only do the testing and submit results...if those results show considerable improvements for air leakage ( there is a minimum amount of improvement that must be done in order to qualify), then air leakage grants would qualify. When we do the blower door test, it gives us the results, we do not enter the results based on what was done. In this case, although you have done air leakage control on your home, it seems it was not enough to qualify for the air leakage portion of the grants. Thanks again for your feedback.

Mike & Ana in Whitby
Mike & Ana in Whitby
5 reviews Whitby, ON

Energy Assessment

My window contractor hired these guys to do an energy assessment as part of their deal with me. In a nutshell, here's how it should work: You get an energy assessment, you make improvements to your house's energy efficiency (new windows, doors, insulation, air leaks etc.), you get a second assessment to take inventory of the work you've done and the assessor reports back to the ECO-energy program. After 90 days , you receive a grant cheque from the government reimbursing you for a portion of what you spent. My second assessment was done Nov 13, 2010. It is now Feb 28, 2011. I just called National Resources Canada to find out what's going on with my cheque and they say that "The EnerGUY" has not submitted the second assessment to them. I called the EnerGUY and they say that they have no record of a second assessment ever being done. The girl on the phone was very helpful... she said she would forward my complaint to "Sean" and could offer no other information. When I asked, "who is Sean?" she said he's the guy that takes care of these kind of complaints (like it happens all the time).
So... after investing $30,000 in new windows, doors, etc, I may be out of luck for my grant money (which is a sizable amount) because the program ends in March of 2011(tomorrow)and it takes 90 days for the government to process it.
I won't even get into how unprofessional the actual assessment was - it should suffice to say that the guy didn't know how to use his equipment and lacked knowledge of the science behind it.

Update and Rebuttal to The Energuy's Response Below:

They did work with National Resources Canada to straighten out my file (eventually) and I'm told that I can expect my grant to come in the next 60 to 90 days.
Contrary to the reason given in the Energuy's response: I did not have a "First Evaluation" done by another company. Perhaps the previous owner of my home did, I don't know. Regardless, if that is something of importance to them, they should have looked into it as I'm sure that it is not a rare situation to find a home that has already been through this process by a previous owner.
They mention that this was resolved by "hard work and dedication". It seemed to me that trying to get answers directly from "Sean" or "Big Mike" (who apparently is the boss and is only known to the employees as "Big Mike") wasn't getting me anywhere. They did not return my calls. I contacted National Resources Canada and they began a formal investigation.
I stand by my review. This company does not deserve your business.

I stand by my team. We resolved this situation and have had the file processed to get the homeowner their deserved government grants.

Vincent in Etobicoke
Vincent in Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Energy Audit

My contractor had recommended The Energuy for energy audit.First, I was only intersted in getting rebates but after The Energuy Energy Advisor Harry Sarvaiya did the energy audit, I can say confidently _ Rebate is nothing. Get the Energy audit done and save money for life.Harry was very professional, honest and reliable.He has vast experience, engineering background and very truthful.He answered all my questions & worth every penny.Great Job Harry ! Thank you.

Gabe
Gabe
5 reviews Thornhill, ON

ENERGY AUDIT

This company was referred to me by two separate independent contractors that I was receiving quotes from on the same day. I took their advice and hired them. Their service was excellent, very knowledgeable. I recommended them to a couple of neighbours who also hired them

Lillian in Mississauga
Lillian in Mississauga

Energy Audit

Frank came and did an energy audit on our townhouse. He was professional and explained all the different options that we had. He was honest and reliable and we will definitely recommend him to our friends and family.

Review has 1 previous version
Mike from Brampton-7599
Mike from Brampton-7599

Energy Audit

Called and booked my first appointment they came in and did the audit explained what needed to be done and how I could maximize my rebates, left lots of literature and sent me a detailed report by mail. When I had completed the work I called them back to finalize the audit. Jeff answered all my questions, he was professional and polite. I recommended them to some friend that want to get Energy audits done.

bramptonguy
bramptonguy

eco energy grants

a good service to all the community, for government grants...review your home for the grants up to $15,000 dollars rebates. i used this service to get a grant to sell my home on the market today...for up grades of products from all the suppliers...

More about The Energuy

Providing specific energy efficiency solutions for residential home owners, and qualifying them for government grants up to $5000 in Ontario.