Shipton's Heating & Cooling Ltd

Miles in Hamilton
Miles in Hamilton
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Furnace Maintence

I called in the AM, as my furnace stopped blowing hot air. The company accommodated my work hours and came after I came home from work, on time exactly as discussed. Justin, my tech was amazing. Friendly, knowledgeable, professional. He found the issue, fixed it. He then further checked my furnace for other possible issues, tested my CO2 exhaust and made sure everything was ok. I signed up for their monthly maintenance plan so then will check my AC and furnace going forward before issues pop up. 100% happy with Justin and strongly recommend him. I definitely want him taking care of my home HVAC issues going forward!!!

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

Installation

Installed a UV filter
Very fast, very pleasant and very efficient
I had no issues with cleaning up
We are in difficult times. The technician kept his distance and was wearing gloves and covers on his shoes
Highly recommended

joshk in Hamilton
joshk in Hamilton

Worst service ever

This is my first review of two reviews. The first cost me $300.

Almost a year ago I had them come over because my furnace was making a clicking sound. I also asked if they could look at hooking up my air humidifier unit on the side of the furnace. No problem the lady said. After 3 hours and a phone call form the wife who said the lady was panicking after telling her that the furnace my be wrecked, the lady went and called her boss. After another hour it was fixed.

This is my second review. I was quote $3000 and did not pay.

Because I was sold on a service warranty package from my first purchase, I called them again. Bad idea.

A person that I thought was a tech showed up, and pitched my wife on purchasing a new furnace. She called concerned and we called a friend of a friend who does HVAC for a second opinion. Our friend replaced the fan and it cost me a total of $200 for the fix.

Shame on you Shiptons.

Diane
Diane
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Radiator issue

Excellent tech. Took lots of time to discover the issue and give advice regarding another concerns. No response to 2 emails to the company regarding this outstanding concern and details of the service package I paid for. Changed my 10 star review as a result.

Tom C in Hamilton
Tom C in Hamilton

HVAC replacement

A great company. Andrew the sales rep was very knowledgeable and friendly. No sale pressure. I got 7 quotes and Andrew was the only one who followed up. Marty and Kevin the installers were unbelievable. It was obvious they’ve worked together as a team as they were efficient and got the job done quickly. Their workmen ship was awesome. No mess, when they left my furnace room was cleaner than when they arrived. The explained how the system worked and showed me the completed job. I highly recommend Shiptons and give them 5 stars

Thanks so much for the 10-star review and feedback! Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future for all of your home comfort needs!

KimmyO
KimmyO
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Peter W. Can fix anything

Peter has come to our house first to fix our boiler that another service person did not figure out and today he fixed our air conditioner that has seen a few service calls. He is brilliant!

Thanks so much for the 10-Star review! We're so happy that you're happy! Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future for all your home comfort needs!

Dave K in Hamilton
Dave K in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Coldest Day in 2019 and Problem Solved - GREAT JOB

Though it could have went smoother if they were not experiencing telephone problems, I really can't sat enough that they were able to come and complete the job (get the furnace working). The technician N.Lipsitt was knowledgeable, polite and quick. He diagnosed the problem very quickly after doing some primary diagnostics and got the furnace going. Thanks for the "great" job!

Thanks so much for your review and feedback! It means so much to us!

Broken furnace

They came to look at a broken furnace and concluded the motherboard was broken. They charged me $100 to diagnose and wanted $800 for the repair. On a second opinion another tech figured out it was a failed fuse. They just charged me for a diagnostic and nothing for the fuse while Shiptons wanted to do a much larger repair COMPLETE SCHAM! would never use them again

We're very sorry you had a poor experience dealing with our company. Sometimes we do make mistakes as we are human. We're very sorry for the misdiagnosis. Our technicians are continually trained so that these types of scenarios don't happen in the future. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

John in Hamilton
John in Hamilton

Maintenance

Have dealt with Shipton's for approximately 5 years now and have always found them to be a pleasure to deal with. They always give an arrival time for their technicians and have always arrived on time. All the technicians I have dealt with are very professional and know there tasks.
I have one of their maintenance agreements which I find quite reasonable and would recommend.

Thanks so much for the glowing review and recommendation. If you need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact us!

Mike in Hamilton
Mike in Hamilton

Furnace and AC install

Marty Cobey and Matt Russell were efficient and very knowledgable in their trade. The install was flawless and their instructions were clear on the proper use of both units. The arrival on time and the cleanup after was appreciated.

Thanks for the great review! Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future for all of your home comfort needs!

More about Shipton's Heating & Cooling Ltd

Shipton's Heating & Cooling is the oldest family owned and operated heating and air conditioning contractor in Canada. We are now celebrating our 95th year of providing total home comfort. We have built a reputation over the last 95 years on Highest quality, true value and fastest service. We offer Installation, Maintenance and repair on Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Boilers, Water Heaters, Fireplaces, Gas Line Installations, HRV'S, Humidifiers, Hepa air cleaners and provide Duct Cleaning and Indoor Air Testing for all residential and light commercial applications. 2 Year 100% Money Back - Satisfaction Guaranteed!