Shipton's Heating & Cooling Ltd

141 Kenilworth Ave North Hamilton ON L8H 4R8
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Hamilton  >  Shipton's Heating & Cooling Ltd

Reviews for Shipton's Heating & Cooling Ltd

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Duct work

I had to call a few times to get someone out to look at the job.
The quote was far in comparison to other companies I had called.
The two technicians Marty and Matt are real professionals. They work fast , clean, explaining everything they needed or had done and answering any questions. The work looked great at the end of the day.

L. Browne from Hamilton
L. Browne from Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Furnace & A/C Install

Marty C. and Matt have just left my home after a nearly two day install, and there's just not enough good things to say about my entire experience with Shipton's. From Katy who provided me with several options and comprehensive quotes to Matt and Marty who were courteous, friendly and professional at all times, I would recommend Shipton's all day long. Both techs were extremely respectful and considerate of the space they were working in and came up with great workarounds in order to avoid unsightly intrusions in the rest of my finished basement. Amazing work from these fine gentlemen! Consider me extremely impressed.

Shane in Hamilton
Shane in Hamilton

A/C Maintenance

I pay for a maintenance package that includes 1 visit per year for A/C maintenance and 1 visit per year for Furnace maintenance. This visit for the A/C maintenance was done by Nathan Lewis. He was professional and completed the maintenance quickly and efficiently.

Giuliano in Hamilton
Giuliano in Hamilton

New Water tank

This is the 2nd time I have used Shipton's and they impress me every time. Katy came by to provide us with a quote, very professional and explained some of the different options. We decided to go with a larger tank than what we had. Marty and Matt arrived on time and ready to go. They went over the plan for the installation and answered a few questions I had on location of the new tank. They did the job in less time than expected and left the area clean. They were both very easy to chat with during the installation. I'm very pleased with everything, thank you :)

Dan in Hamilton
Dan in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Gas line replacement, stove hook up

Moved into a new house in August. Decided we were going to swap the electric appliances for natural gas. Called Shipton's, and they sent a lady out to provide a quote. The original quote was $1400 for roughly 150 feet of gas line, plus stove hookup.

We went ahead and bought a stove, and contacted Shipton's to come and do the work. The two technicians were professional and polite. They told me everything that they would be doing, and provided a timeline. While they got started, I chilled in the yard playing with my dog.

About 25 minutes into the job, one of the techs (Nick, I believe his name was) came and got me, and expressed they'd found a problem. He showed me the gas lines running into the house, and the connection to my furnace - all were done with thread protectors, instead of actual couplings. Not only is this illegal, it's incredibly dangerous. After a quick consult with the office to get a new quote, they arranged to come back early on my next day off to start work.

Overall, the scope of the job changed from simply having a line run to having every gas line in the house replaced, with a manifold installed so that each item could be shut off independently (furnace, water heater, fireplace, stove and a spare drop left for the dryer that I'm still waiting on delivery of.)

While it cost far more than originally estimated, that's due to a change in scope of work, rather than any upselling or problem with the company themselves.

I cannot speak more highly of Shipton's, the professionalism of the contractors, or the quality of the work done. Excellent in every regard!

doug in Hamilton
doug in Hamilton

Excellent Furnace/AC Installation Service

Luch and Kevin were at our place for two days to install a new furnace and air-conditioning service. We were very pleased with the excellent and knowledgeable service they provided during the installation. These gentlemen are great workers and always took the time to answer our questions. We are very pleased with the installation. Thanks Luch and Kevin!

Kim Solga in Hamilton
Kim Solga in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Furnace and water heater install

Shipton's have provided me with super service from beginning to end. The quote process was painless and extremely clear; my options were outlined for me in a way that made me feel confident I was being provided with the best products for me and my living situation, without unnecessary extras. Katy has been a reliable and generous point person, and Jared and Marty were polite, friendly, efficient, tidy, and very kind to my dog. Further, I felt confident in their expertise and the information they provided me.

Anon in Hamilton
Anon in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Terrible customer service

Shiptons answered my initial inquiry fairly quickly and scheduled to meet with me however after my installation it seems impossible to reach them. I have left voicemails and emails and have not been responded to in months. I have emailed to express my frustration and still have not gotten a response. Poor customer service for the clients who have spent a lot of money at their company.
Installers worked quickly however they smelt like cigarettes among other things and spoke profanely on my property including making a joke about the female in the house inside my home. Very disgraceful and unprofessional.

Kristina S.
Kristina S.
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

AC installation

We had such a great experience with this company. Marty and Nigel were amazing and respectful of our time and our home. This was our first experience with Shipton's and it was a great one!

Daniel in Hamilton
Daniel in Hamilton

AC Install

I have used Shipton's for several projects in my home; water heater, furnace humidifier and my recent AC unit. Overall I think this company does a very good job, especially with responding to any issues after products have been installed, which is important to me. In my experience to date, I think they could use a little more due diligence when installing equipment, but the follow up to any concerns is excellent and quick. They are also very good at providing information regarding equipment before making a choice. I will use Shipton's for my furnace install when the time comes and for any other products they provide. I recommend this company for HVAC and water heater installs.

More about Shipton's Heating & Cooling Ltd

Shipton's Heating & Cooling is the oldest family owned and operated heating and air conditioning contractor in Canada. We are now celebrating our 91st year of providing total home comfort. We have built a reputation over the last 91 years on Highest quality, true value and fastest service. We offer Installation, Maintenance and repair on Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Boilers, Water Heaters, Fireplaces, Gas Line Installations, HRV'S, Humidifiers, Hepa air cleaners and provide Duct Cleaning and Indoor Air Testing for all residential and light commercial applications. 2 Year 100% Money Back - Satisfaction Guaranteed!