Shipton's Heating & Cooling Ltd

Reviews for Shipton's Heating & Cooling Ltd

Dave K in Hamilton
Dave K in Hamilton

Coldest Day in 2019 and Problem Solved - GREAT JOB

Though it could have went smoother if they were not experiencing telephone problems, I really can't sat enough that they were able to come and complete the job (get the furnace working). The technician N.Lipsitt was knowledgeable, polite and quick. He diagnosed the problem very quickly after doing some primary diagnostics and got the furnace going. Thanks for the "great" job!

Broken furnace

They came to look at a broken furnace and concluded the motherboard was broken. They charged me $100 to diagnose and wanted $800 for the repair. On a second opinion another tech figured out it was a failed fuse. They just charged me for a diagnostic and nothing for the fuse while Shiptons wanted to do a much larger repair COMPLETE SCHAM! would never use them again

John in Hamilton
John in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Maintenance

Have dealt with Shipton's for approximately 5 years now and have always found them to be a pleasure to deal with. They always give an arrival time for their technicians and have always arrived on time. All the technicians I have dealt with are very professional and know there tasks.
I have one of their maintenance agreements which I find quite reasonable and would recommend.

Mike in Hamilton
Mike in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Furnace and AC install

Marty Cobey and Matt Russell were efficient and very knowledgable in their trade. The install was flawless and their instructions were clear on the proper use of both units. The arrival on time and the cleanup after was appreciated.

Laura S.
Laura S.
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Ductless Split installation and repair of some of our ductwork

Despite having some issues getting our phone calls returned initially in the summer, we persisted since our neighbors were very happy with their work. We are glad we persisted and happy with the results. Staff were helpful and informative, they left our place tidy and did a thorough job and went above and beyond to clean up the kind of messy and odd patch jobs that previous owners did in the basement.

Thank you Scott Shipton for the quote, and thank you also to staff Matt Russell and Marty Coby for your diligence. Much appreciated!

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Duct work

I had to call a few times to get someone out to look at the job.
The quote was far in comparison to other companies I had called.
The two technicians Marty and Matt are real professionals. They work fast , clean, explaining everything they needed or had done and answering any questions. The work looked great at the end of the day.

L. Browne from Hamilton
L. Browne from Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Furnace & A/C Install

Marty C. and Matt have just left my home after a nearly two day install, and there's just not enough good things to say about my entire experience with Shipton's. From Katy who provided me with several options and comprehensive quotes to Matt and Marty who were courteous, friendly and professional at all times, I would recommend Shipton's all day long. Both techs were extremely respectful and considerate of the space they were working in and came up with great workarounds in order to avoid unsightly intrusions in the rest of my finished basement. Amazing work from these fine gentlemen! Consider me extremely impressed.

Shane in Hamilton
Shane in Hamilton

A/C Maintenance

I pay for a maintenance package that includes 1 visit per year for A/C maintenance and 1 visit per year for Furnace maintenance. This visit for the A/C maintenance was done by Nathan Lewis. He was professional and completed the maintenance quickly and efficiently.

Giuliano in Hamilton
Giuliano in Hamilton

New Water tank

This is the 2nd time I have used Shipton's and they impress me every time. Katy came by to provide us with a quote, very professional and explained some of the different options. We decided to go with a larger tank than what we had. Marty and Matt arrived on time and ready to go. They went over the plan for the installation and answered a few questions I had on location of the new tank. They did the job in less time than expected and left the area clean. They were both very easy to chat with during the installation. I'm very pleased with everything, thank you :)

Dan in Hamilton
Dan in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Gas line replacement, stove hook up

Moved into a new house in August. Decided we were going to swap the electric appliances for natural gas. Called Shipton's, and they sent a lady out to provide a quote. The original quote was $1400 for roughly 150 feet of gas line, plus stove hookup.

We went ahead and bought a stove, and contacted Shipton's to come and do the work. The two technicians were professional and polite. They told me everything that they would be doing, and provided a timeline. While they got started, I chilled in the yard playing with my dog.

About 25 minutes into the job, one of the techs (Nick, I believe his name was) came and got me, and expressed they'd found a problem. He showed me the gas lines running into the house, and the connection to my furnace - all were done with thread protectors, instead of actual couplings. Not only is this illegal, it's incredibly dangerous. After a quick consult with the office to get a new quote, they arranged to come back early on my next day off to start work.

Overall, the scope of the job changed from simply having a line run to having every gas line in the house replaced, with a manifold installed so that each item could be shut off independently (furnace, water heater, fireplace, stove and a spare drop left for the dryer that I'm still waiting on delivery of.)

While it cost far more than originally estimated, that's due to a change in scope of work, rather than any upselling or problem with the company themselves.

I cannot speak more highly of Shipton's, the professionalism of the contractors, or the quality of the work done. Excellent in every regard!

More about Shipton's Heating & Cooling Ltd

Shipton's Heating & Cooling is the oldest family owned and operated heating and air conditioning contractor in Canada. We are now celebrating our 95th year of providing total home comfort. We have built a reputation over the last 95 years on Highest quality, true value and fastest service. We offer Installation, Maintenance and repair on Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Boilers, Water Heaters, Fireplaces, Gas Line Installations, HRV'S, Humidifiers, Hepa air cleaners and provide Duct Cleaning and Indoor Air Testing for all residential and light commercial applications. 2 Year 100% Money Back - Satisfaction Guaranteed!