Remington Group

Reviews for Remington Group

Sylwia in Toronto
Sylwia in Toronto

IQ Condos - Poor Workmanship, Terrible Customer Service

Where to start; TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE from choosing the interior finishes on my condo, to seeing my condo for the first time during the PDI.

Choosing my interior finishes:
I had to go back twice (about 1 hour drive one way each time), because the representatives were reluctant to show me prices for any of the upgrades, and the design rep was hanging out in the back room and did not help me, or the other 3 families who had questions. The reps were unprepared for my visit the first time around. The first question that the receptionist asked me was "Are you sure you purchased a condo with us? Your file isn't here"... How unprofessional!!!

PDI:
My PDI was scheduled 2 weeks prior to my occupancy date. (not 4 weeks like all other units had). Before i get started with my comments... I put in $30,000.00 in upgrades into my condo.. this is what I experienced: I walked into my condo, and quickly came to notice that there were more deficiencies with my condo, than anything else! Everything from my cabinets not closing properly, to broken cabinets, to scratches all over my brand new appliances, to the baseboards all dented, my floors having scrapes all over them! The gentleman conducting the PDI said "I noticed that you didn't install any blinds..." "Yes I did, here is my contract, I paid $2400.00 for my blinds!" They forgot to put my blinds in! My sliding door didn't close, my ceiling in my washroom and living room were cracked.. just an awful experience! (See some of the deficiencies outlined in green tape in the attached pictures).

And guess what! THEY CONSIDERED THIS MOVE IN READY!!! When I had requested that they move my occupancy date because of how many deficiencies noted, they said no. I am currently paying occupancy fees on a condo I can't move into because within the next 12 months (yes, 12 months) - there will be people coming in to "fix" my BRAND NEW condo.

Terrible experience, terrible workmanship - I would NEVER recommend Remington Group to anyone.

*Update: I got my keys to my unit; tried to open my unit, realized it was unlocked. Pulled out my key, and my lock came out with my key! Looked inside the unit, and noticed that someone had left spit in my brand new sink (most likely one of the workers), as well as a food particle.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

North Thornhill

Horrible builder. Poor workmanship.
Leaks from roof twice in 2017 and 2018 after they claim the fixed the first time. Mould, basement leaks and cracks. Still fighting to get 30 day form completed after 1.5 years items transferred to 1 year form. Flies entering the house in clusters from void somewhere not sealed properly from outside. Cracking and squicking floors.

Never buy from Remington at all cost.
Management is terrible and unresponsive.
Avoid avoid avoid

Poor customer service.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Company Sucks

Same story as most of the reviews here.
Finishes not up to par.

Customer Service is terrible. They avoid fixing issues that have been proven to be caused by their negligence. Leaks, mould, equipment installed incorrectly. Terrible terrible service !

Agree with previously mentioned (reviewed) pressure sales tactics. Buyer beware!!!!

Had us move in with no door handles! How hard is it to install a door knob??!?!

Won't purchase from them again.

JING in Pickering
JING in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Poor customer service

Very poor or I should say NO customer service, especially post closing. If you would like to ask for service on PDI or 30 days items, good luck. Because there will be nobody reply email and nobody answer phone calls, even the phone # is published as their contact #.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Remington Center - Markham

Worst builders ever. After 6 years the project still not started. Closing date is due over 2 years. I requested for refund the deposit ( no interest), and waited over 2 months and contacted them a couple of times. It is still not processed yet. May have to hire a lawyer to sue them.

Private User reviews Georgetown, PE

sales agreement for Hello George Town

People buying homes from them in Hello George Town,Ontario should be careful as lot of things are just verbal from agents and not part of sales contract. Later on you will find that sales contract clearly mention that any verbal commitment will not be honored. Agents will tell 9' ceiling on 2nd floor but purchase agreement does not mention it. Since builder is only taking firm offers and do not give any time to review the agreement or get a copy of it, purchaser can not withdraw offer or ask them to put things in black and white.

Private User reviews Halton Hills, ON

New Construction - Georgetown

The worst home builder I have ever dealt with. The builder selectively repairs what they want to, and hides behind the "Construction Performance Guideline, (CPG)", to avoid repairing defects in workmanship. It appears they are not interested in exceeding these "minimum" standards, but just meeting them. Defects in flooring were not readily visible at time of PDI - gaps in the floor were filled with wood filler, edge damage was stained and waxed over. Upgrades did not meet expectations. List of PDI Items were extensive and numbered around the 200. It might be on the PDI, but they do not have an obligation to fix them all, as per the CPG. The list goes on! I will never buy another house from Remington. Homes.

Kateryna from Toronto
Kateryna from Toronto

MOLD in newly constructed home Thornhill North

Mold, Water Damage, Water Leak from Roof, missing Insulation, foundation crack and leak just to name a few problem in a brand new house. Moved into a new home in Thornhill North by Remington Homes. With the first rain, garage roof leaked, called them and no one cared because of politics between site supervisor and the customer service department. Second rainfall brought even more leaks. Now just 24 days after closing we have active mold growing in one of our kids bedrooms. They tried to prove it was just dust until I called our own specialist to test the mold. This company is the worst and we have dealt with other builders that were fantastic, having two new built homes with Aspen Ridge before (they are amazing) and one new built with Townwood. Stay away unless you want very poor workmanship, sloppy "million dollar" house and a "customer service" representative that will pull your teeth before she decides to help and fix anything that should have been fixed before the whole family moved in. Inspection also found MISSING INSULATION. Work only started after we had to pay $800 for mold and home inspection. Inspector is the one that found possible water penetration from the roof. Remington Homes was not able to find a source of leak themselves, to be honest they did not even try to. The extent of water damage was very significant but we had to fight to rip every inch of drywall because they were very reluctant to expose more surface area that only proved more and more damage. Later on we also found that the foundation has crack from the basement window all the way to the bottom of the basement floor. Water test showed large water steam was able to penetrate. Overall this builder is not proactive in fixing anything unless Tarion gets involved. We never got one single "sorry for all this trouble".

thomas892 from Vaughan
thomas892 from Vaughan

iq condos

I agree with the last users comments. They will do anything to avoid fixing the problems which they have caused due to poor quality products used and poor workmanship. After Spending thousands of dollars in upgrades on floor cabinets etc.. When I took possession of my condo the materials used and upgrades I paid for were totally disappointing. The floors were so badly scratched and this is the upgraded flooring I paid for. I have had nothing but an major headache trying to get them repaired or replaced. I have owned 2 other condos which I have purchased for investments and this is by far my worst experience. The upgrades I paid for don't event come close to the standard finishes from my previous condos. I would never purchase a home or condo from Remington Group Again.

Michael8712 from Vaughan
Michael8712 from Vaughan

Iq condos

Currently having trouble with my hardwood floors which are buckling. After I contacted Remington they are quick to put the blame back on me. Saying I have not changed my filter enough lmao.
Remington group suppose to supply filters and when ever they have it has been changed right away. I have had a third party investigate the damage and they have informed me that it has nothing to do with the filter as Remington group is suggesting. They do not stand behind their products or materials. If it says Remington group do yourself a favour STAY AWAY

More about Remington Group

Remington Homes, State Park Homes and Broadway Homes fall under the Remington Group Banner.
Looking for Builders pros in Vaughan?