HomeStars  >  Home Additions in North York  >  Quality Restorations Co

Reviews for Quality Restorations Co

Stephanie

I am so thrilled to have found Doug and his team at Quality Restorations. From big to small, all projects are treated quickly and professionally. Pricing is reasonable and the job gets done well every time. Doug has helped us many times over the past year, with water damage repairs, chimney repointing, replacing a roof, caulking tub and shower surround, the list goes on! He works well with our tenants, and is flexible to get the work done in a timeline that works for everyone!

Thanks so much Stephanie - we will get this old house in tip top shape before you know it !

During the past 15 years Quality Restorations have completed three very finely executed improvements to my circa 1938 home – rebuilding and improving the upper portion of my brick chimney, removing my broken concrete back porch and stairs and replacing it with a perfect one that now has a far superior ‘senior friendly’ staircase, and more recently a new window well to replace the original large one that was starting to fall apart. In each case the design, timely execution of the job and workmanship were excellent. I would gladly retain them again.
Charlie in Lytton Park.

Thanks a lot Charlie - always a pleasure to work for you

Tom in Etobicoke in Toronto

We added Grey Country Stone to the sides of the garage door.
This gave the house real lift. We also added a roof resurface.
This work brought the house into the twenty first century.
Now we are set for another thirty plus years.
Thanks to Quality Restoration.

Tom in Etobicoke

Thanks so much Tom - this really was an excellent choice of stone

ColourWorks Painting Design

We've just had Doug and his teams of specialists, remodel the front of our house, and we couldn't be happier! Doug is so well educated on all aspects of the trades from foundation to roof, and offered the perfect solutions to every issue we were addressing, and kept it within our budget, too! We needed a complete new custom porch, steps, stone walkway, trim carpentry, eaves troughs, and roofing. Every one of his trades people were not only highly skilled and knowledgeable, they were passionate about their work, and truly took pride in every detail as if it were their own home. I have recommended Quality Restorations to many of my friends, neighbors and acquaintances, and will continue to do so at every opportunity. You simply can't go wrong!

Thanks so much - I will pass this along to the men - they really are the stars of the show

Allison in Toronto
1 review , ON

We had just moved into a "new" old house that was in great shape but needed a little TLC on the exterior. We had the bricks clean, cedar shakes stained, and deck/front porch painted. The house looks so much brighter! I couldn't get over the difference the brick cleaning made! 100 years of dirt and grime had taken its toll and now the bricks are red and bright and colourful! I would definitely recommend Doug and his team!

It really is a beautiful brick - like they were straight out of the Don Valley - they don't make brick like that anymore

Ana in Toronto

We worked with Doug and the team at Quality this summer to rebuild an existing porch on a 100+ year old house that was literally falling apart due to rot and lack of support.
Great experience. Everyone - from Doug to Mike, Jerry, Dee and Cameron - were professional, friendly and very helpful.
Jerry was the carpenter on the porch. He was constantly looking for input and feedback, making samples for us to decide how to proceed. He really made us feel we were part of the process and that we ended up with a unique product.
Likewise, Cameron our painter, was very easy to work with. When I realized I'd made the wrong stain choice, he quickly went out to purchase the new stain. I believe he agreed with me that the new colour choice was the right move to make.
All of them left the porch and surrounding property in a better state then when they arrived.
Hope to work with Quality again on future projects.

Thanks Ana - we look forward to helping you with projects next spring

Complex exterior project including cleaning old stone front, new eaves throughs and updating paintable surfaces with a new fresh look for a tired Tudor style home. Quality restorations was perfect. Different teams doing different phases of the project but all well synchronized, very clean and very complete.

Exterior now revitalized. Very pleased with end result and reasonable price.

Would highly recommend.

Thanks so much for the review - please let us know if we can help you with other projects

Phil in Riverdale in Toronto

I needed masonry, roof and eavestrough repairs on an old home. Doug was fantastic and answered all my questions — and I had a lot of questions. He even steered me away from doing unnecessary work, which saved me hundreds, if not thousands.

Best of all, his crews all did great work.

Thanks Phil - I am sure you will find somewhere else to spend all those saved dollars! I'll pass your comments along to the guys

Erin Wood from Toronto

We live in a century home that required a fair amount of brick repair. Work included removing two chimneys that were no longer in use and it disrepair, tuckpointing, replacing worn out bricks, parging over the cinderblock on our back porch addition, and rebuilding three arched lintels which had caved.

Doug was very approachable and easy to contact whenever we had questions. The work was completed quickly and we're happy with the mortar matching they were able to do. I also appreciated that they were able to save a number of the bricks from the chimney removal to use when replacing bricks. Not only did this save us a bit of money but it meant the bricks were a better match.

We have a few other projects on the go and have decided to continue working with Quality Restorations for this.

Thanks Erin - I will pass this along to the men - we look forward to getting the roofing siding and aluminum work done now that the weather has improved

Jonathan from Etobicoke

Sagging 20X24 cedar garage on a fieldstone foundation was lifted and levelled. Bulging walls were straightened out and the rotting bottom plate was replaced. A new concrete curb was poured around perimeter to support and level the garage. Bolted to the curb and rebar anchored deep into the fieldstone foundation. Doug gave me a remarkably fair price for the RESTORATION and Mike and his crew did a wonderful job saving and giving new life to an otherwise sturdy structure worth restoring. I highly recommend Quality Restoration!

Thanks so much Jonathan - I hope that we can help you out in the spring with the rest of the job

More about Quality Restorations Co

Quality Restorations Co. was founded in 1974 to meet the renovation and restoration needs of its Toronto customers. As an award winning company we can provide you with the following services:

Chimney Rebuilds and Repairs, Tuckpointing and Brick Replacement,
Brick Cleaning
Decorative Concrete
Basement Waterproofing / Basement Underpinning
Complete Interior Renovations

Some of our clients have been coming back to us for 20 TO 30 YEARS , A CLAIM THAT FEW CONTRACTORS ON HOMESTARS CAN MAKE . If you are judging a company by number of reviews only, we have thousands of satisfied customers for whom we have completed projects.

Contact us at qualityrestorations1@gmail.com and we can email you a list of home owner names and addresses and the types of jobs that we have done in your neighbourhood.

Home Additions, Masonry & Bricklaying, Basement Renovation, Chimney Build & Repair, and Waterproofing
Alurex T-Rex system Certainteed Shingles IKO Shingles Banas Stones Kreitmaker Fraserwood Siding Delta Membrane Mason's Masonry Supply http://www.masonsmasonry.com
Chimney Rebuilds and Repairs, Tuckpointing and Brick Replacement, Basement Renovations, Additions, Bathroom renovations, Kitchen renovations, Fireplace Repairs Brick Cleaning Porch renovations Decorative Concrete Basement Waterproofing Basement Underpinning and Remodeling Complete Interior Renovations New Garages Flat and Shingle Roofing Eavestroughs and Siding Additions New decks and fences Caulking Painting
Alurex T-Rex system Certainteed Shingles IKO Shingles Banas Stones
Tuckpointing, , Chimney Repairs, Chimney Rebuilds, Masonry work, Brickwork, Brick Replacement,Concrete work, Patterned concrete, Parging, Flagstone, Cultured Stone, Interlocking stone, Fireplace repairs, Basement Waterproofing, Underpinning Foundations, New porches, Home Additions, Remodelling Kitchens and Bathrooms, Flat and Shingle roofing,
1974
Payment by cheque
Metro Licensed Gas Fitter and Home Renovator
Registry of Professional Contractors of Ontariohttp://www.renocontractors.com/
$1000
The warranty depends upon the work that is done and ranges from 1 year to 10 years