Basement Renovation

Valerie from Mississauga
Valerie from Mississauga
3 reviews North York, ON

Road Maintenance

Road repair and grading were needed for our 1.5km road through our property.
Doug visited the site a few times before providing a quote with 2 options. The work included Grade A & B gravel, filling pot holes and repairing the road.
The team was professional and kept us updated as the project went on.
While working with a budget, we were limited with what work we could get done. Doug did provide information on how to help keep the roads in good condition, based on what the weather can (and will) do it it.
It took just under 3 weeks to complete.

Review has 1 previous version

Thanks Valerie - I appreciate the nice review and I hope that we can be of service in the future

Sarah in Toronto
Sarah in Toronto

Masonry, deck and ceiling repair, painting

We hired Quality Restorations to rebuild a brick pillar at the front of our house, as well fix up our back deck, repair a plaster ceiling and do some painting. Doug was very responsive to our concerns and easily available to discuss any changes to be made. All of the workers were very pleasant and cleaned up well. We are very happy with the results. – Sarah from Hillcrest

Thanks very much Sarah - I hope that we may be of assistance in your new home

Joseph Perri in Scarborough
Joseph Perri in Scarborough

Backyard Deck

Quality Restorations built my new awesome deck. Doug, the company's chief estimator, worked out the paperwork on line which was very convenient. The crew, Mike, Jerry and Kyle, did a fantastic job from start to finish, truly impressive workmanship. Quite obvious Quality Restorations have skilled people who take pride in their work, and found them all to be friendly, generous, and completely professional. Thank you !

Thanks Joe - it was a pleasure to work with you as well. Good luck on your future endeavours

Boris in High Park in Toronto
Boris in High Park in Toronto

brick cleaning, tuckpointing and parging

It was a pleasure to work with Doug and Quality Restorations. A prompt response to my initial inquiry was quickly followed by a proper, professional estimate. The work was scheduled and completed within a perfectly reasonable time (a couple of weeks) after the estimate was accepted, while the quality of the work itself was top-notch. The brick cleaning and masonry repairs came out beautifully, for which thanks are due to Bill's superb skills and commitment to doing an excellent job. I consider the value-for-money to have been excellent, particularly since Doug had the integrity and professionalism to point out less costly ways of achieving the result I wanted. This is exactly the kind of reputable, responsible service one wants to have dealings with.

Thanks Boris- I do look forward to working with you again

Craig
Craig

Railing reinforcement

Doug and his team were very professional and courteous and exceeded my expectations . It was a tricky job and thank them deeply. I would sincerely recommend them to anyone looking for a pro!

Thanks Craig - I appreciate the review

JIN in Toronto
JIN in Toronto

Exterior Painting

Recently we have finished our exterior painting project. We are so grateful that we met Doug, Chief Estimator of Quality Restorations. He came to our house several times in order to provide the accurate quote. Rafi and his crew did excellent work and finished the project on time. Thanks Quality Restorations.

Thanks so much - we are very pleased tohave brought the exterior of your beautiful Lawrence Park home back to its former beauty

Aravind in Danforth / East York
Aravind in Danforth / East York

Bathroom Reno

Quality restorations Co team (Brad, Dale and Doug) did a fantastic job in my bathroom reno. The work included removing existing floor, subfloor, tub and shower surround and putting in new subfloor, tile and tub.

The new bathroom looks great. The work was done on a timely manner and within our planned budget. We always got an update every day on the progress. Communicating with Doug was also very convenient through email.

We are looking forward to engage Quality Restorations Co in our next project as well. Overall it was fantastic work and we are very satisfied with the outcome.

Thanks very much Aravind - we certainly look forward to working with you again in the near future.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Basement reno/restore

Absolute professionals that put their customers first. In this line of work there can be a disconnect between what customers want and what the contractor can deliver. Quality restorations understand this. They listen and communicate with you to ensure you get a result you will be happy with!

Thanks so much - it was great working with you and we hope that we can work with you again in the future

Jim in North Toronto
Jim in North Toronto

Major Home Renovation

Quality Restorations carried out a major renovation of our North Toronto home. The job included: removal of two first-floor walls and relocation of one upstairs wall; renovation of kitchen and upstairs bath; elimination of all knob-and-tube and rewiring of house; complete re-insulation of house; updating of basement; removal of all old plaster and installation of new drywall; addition of all-new hardwood floors; installation of two skylights; and much, much more. This was a huge job and my family had to move out during the work. But Doug and his crews got everything done on time (even putting in extra time towards the end to make sure we got moved in on schedule) and did superb work. There were a few hiccups along the way, as might be expected in a job of this size, but they always made everything right and got us in within our budget. Everybody was friendly and a pleasure to deal with. And Anthony deserves special credit for making five or six trips back to the house after the job to take care of various odds and ends and help us get back into the place. We would definitely recommend Quality Restorations to anyone considering a similar home renovation.

Thanks so much Jim - I will surely pass this along to Anthony. I do look forward to working again with you this year on other projects.

Angry in Toronto
Angry in Toronto

Front porch carpentry

I expected skillful carpentry as per Homestars reviews. Instead I got a bunch of hacks doing the basic work that involved no skill and no pride. I had a railing done on one side of the stairs to match what was there. Instead I go a botch job where the balusters were to match the original ones. Not fancy. Not difficult. The spacing was so off it hurt my eyes and they were not even plumb. How could a carpenter possibly walk away from that without his eyeballs hurting. And the post the attached was wobbly and I got told that they could not attach it properly. They came back, fixed that, and when they left I realized that the spacing was still off, 2" instead of 1 1/2". There were numerous other things done incorrectly, but the painters were coming and I could not actually bear to see these guys again. All old trim wood was supposed to be replaced according to my contract, and that was not done until I pointed it out in the fall. I got a piece but on with a screw, not countersunk, as any decent carpenter would do, and not filled with wood filler. And the price of my work went up by $200 when I verified the items that I had sent in a letter, that apparently, was not read properly.
I get angry every time I look at the shabby work that was done, but it is now something I have to live with.
Update: after being contacted by the owner, I realized that a Zero satisfaction was harsh. I have upped it to a 2, and perhaps it should be a 3. I am not sure. The work is the same and I will never be able to change that as it is now in the past. I will never recommend them to anyone, however. There are people out there that have the carpentry skills to do a terrific job and who take pride in their work. The problem is to be able to find them.
Jan. 24...Oh dear. One more update. the owner tried to tell me that the spacing on the handrail pickets was not supposed to match the existing porch picket spacing, but rather the spacing that was on the exisiting handrail and pickets. The only problem is, that there were NO pickets. This company installed a new handrail on one side, and new pickets on both. I had to send him a picture to prove it. If they were to come back to "fix" (?) anything, they would have to do a lot of ripping out, and since I had painters coming right after, the work had to stay what it was, unless I wanted to damage all the painters" work. Anyway...this is my final edit to this. Just don't want to engage with this any longer.

Review has 1 previous version

Why did you not contact me directly back in June after we completed the work and we could have addressed any perceived problems??

When we completed the job back at the beginning of June the following is your email from Thursday June 8th, 2017;

"Hi Doug…Sorry I did not get to you sooner. I had been crazy busy for the rest of the day, along with building headache. I wanted to let you know that the work looked very good and was properly spaced and put together. I will actually send you a pic so you can compare. It turned out to be a good job after all, and everyone was very polite and understanding. Satisfaction.”

You were very happy with the work in June – then on New Years Day you have posted this - are you having a bad day?

In the same email from June you even discussed having us do more work:

“I am going to have to get a permit for the deck, as my neighbours on one side are bound to report me. The wife got angry about something and is on a vendetta, so I need to have my ducks in a row. I will get back to you when I have decided what to do. I am sure that the permit drawings will change the job somewhat, as I did get told that there is not adequate footing load now according to the new building guidelines.We'll talk later on… “

Later in October when squirrels chewed through some of your trim, we came back within a few weeks and replaced the trim at no extra charge out of courtesy.

That is the photo that you have attached – the new trim for which you paid nothing!

I do not understand your sudden change of attitude now 6 months later with no further communication to us or opportunity to rectify any problems.

This review is not a reflection of the workmanship carried out at your house or care to detail that we normally give to our clients.

More about Quality Restorations Co

Quality Restorations Co. was founded in 1974 to meet the renovation and restoration needs of its Toronto customers. As an award winning company we can provide you with the following services:

Chimney Rebuilds and Repairs, Tuckpointing and Brick Replacement,
Basement Waterproofing / Basement Underpinning
Complete Interior Renovations
Eavestroughs and Siding
Flat and Shingle Roofing

Some of our clients have been coming back to us for 20 TO 30 YEARS , A CLAIM THAT FEW CONTRACTORS ON HOMESTARS CAN MAKE . If you are judging a company by number of reviews only, we have thousands of satisfied customers for whom we have completed projects.

Contact us at qualityrestorations1@gmail.com and we can email you a list of home owner names and addresses and the types of jobs that we have done in your neighbourhood.