Interior Design
101 Willcocks St Toronto ON M5S 1C8
HomeStars  >  Interior Design in Toronto  >  Janice Lindsay - Pink, Colour + Design

Reviews for Janice Lindsay - Pink, Colour + Design

sjf from Toronto
sjf from Toronto

Design, colour

M5S 1C8

Janice has helped us with colour and design choices several times over the last six years. We have been most impressed not just by her keen sense of colour and design but her ability to intuit what would suit us best. She is a people reader as much as a designer. She works quietly, quickly and thoughtfully. She gives good guidance on when to splurge and when to save. From tiny tips to major moves, she has always been proven right. We find her communication style clear, easy and honest.

E Murphy from Toronto
E Murphy from Toronto

Advice on paint colours for main floor of house

M5S 1C8

Problem: open floor plan with neutral walls and furniture with various shades of dark wood and fabrics. Result was a very busy look.
Solution: Change paint on walls to darker colours such that the colour complemented, rather than contrasted with furniture and fabrics. Fireplace was painted same colour as wall. In order to be a bit playful the kitchen ceiling was painted a fun Wasabi green and the entrance hall a pretty blue.
End result: tranquility with some panache

Kim Barwise from Toronto
Kim Barwise from Toronto
1 review East York, ON

home reno

If you think Janice Lindsay is just about colour - think again.
We embarked upon a major renovation and Janice Lindsay was hired to find the right palette of colour or in our case non colour. I wanted white, white and more white with a little grey. Mission accomplished with 20 hues of white and gray.
As we were discussing our vision for the house, it was apparent we couldn't choose colour in the absence of other materials such as flooring, rugs, furniture and art. We had strong opinions on the
individual elements but they didn't necessarily tie together. This is when Janice informed us she could provide this service. What worked for us was Janice's ability to be a collaborative partner working well with the architect, trades and us to help realize the 'transitional' look this house needed. Janice was good at respecting my need for input. She was diplomatic when voicing her opinion and played peacemaker when spouses differed helping to find the best alternative. She took our ideas on light, flow and contemporary style and added to them in ways we might not have thought of. I am thrilled with the results.

kaitlin eckler from Toronto
kaitlin eckler from Toronto

colour consulting

We have used the services of Janice Lindsay- Pink Colour and Design, for many years, on multiple projects in several homes in Toronto, Caledon, Vancouver and Arizona. Janice has been consulted on our interior design, renovation projects, building materials and always colour everywhere. Her advice is consistently brilliant! Most recently we repainted the exterior of our home s per Janice's advice. The results are thrilling - like moving into a brand new house! Janice is our "go to" source for all questions regarding changes to our home + she is reasonable and fun. Thank you Janice.

Roxanne O'Connor from Toronto
Roxanne O'Connor from Toronto

New Home Interior Design

M5S 1C8

I would highly recommend a consultation with Janice for anyone moving or renovating. She listens, observes and then starts building a colour and design plan for her clients based on what they need and like. She thinks outside the box. For example, she totally revised the layout for my new kitchen to create an office that I did not think we had space for! She suggested mirrors on the sides of our windows and they double our view! She helped with all the finishes – not just paint, and designed our media cabinet. I was a bit skeptical about painting the narrow hallway in our compact apartment dark plum, especially when she said ceiling, trim and doors too, but the effect is amazing. I LOVE it and would NEVER have done it without her confident guidance. It looks bigger and more dramatic and makes all our light main spaces look lighter and brighter. The bathroom she helped design it like being in Paris. The first time I hired Janice I thought at $200 per hour she was expensive but when I saw what she could accomplish in a consultation I felt she was worth every penny. I would never willingly design or paint anything without her as my guide. Janice is a highly talented and experienced consultant. The value of our property has increased SIGNIFICANTLY because of her.

Sarah from Toronto
Sarah from Toronto

Colour consultation

M5S 1C8

Janice is a master of colour. She went beyond making simple suggestions for which paint to use in the bedrooms, to offering up spot-on colours for a hall alcove, front vestibule and stair runner. She'll make your home magazine-worthy, while still respecting your personal tastes and budget.
We had used another colour consultant from the paint store in our previous home -- who while good, just doesn't compare.

M&S
M&S

colour consultation

This review is long overdue but I wanted to share that I am so happy that we hired Janice 2 years ago for a colour consultation for our home we had just moved into.

We really didn't have any budget to hire someone and a bit surprised at the rates - however, it ended up being the best decision and worth the $. Janice is very quick and good at what she does. This lady knows colour - we hired her to help with the living/dinning room and she even suggested an accent colour for our kitchen also. 2 years in and I still love the choices.

J in North York
J in North York
10 reviews North York, ON

Modern Home (Finally)

M5S 1C8

Janice was the bright spot of the renovation process, and truly made "the house" feel like our home. She is very efficient, but is also a lot of fun to work with. She has unparalleled expertise and taste, and does not involve her ego in the creative process -- she recognizes that she is helping you with your home, and not just working on another project. If she does nothing else but helps you with choosing your colours she will have made all the difference in the world.

Dawn M. in North York
Dawn M. in North York

Color consultation for 4 bedroom home

I hired Janice of Pink, Color + Design for a color consultation for my 4 bedroom home. It took about 3.5 hrs. I didn't have much existing furniture, artwork or existing pieces for Janice to work from, but she put together a color plan that my husband and I are happy with. *** From a purely business/communication perspective, it was difficult to work with Janice. She was reasonably quick to respond to emails, and there were no major issues, but it took 3x the normal amount of effort and patience to resolve any minor issues that did come up. *** Example #1 - We exchanged 14 emails before we could settle on a time for her to come over. I was unwilling to pay the premium for her to come on a weekend, and she was understandably hesitant to come during rush hour traffic. I almost gave up at email #8, but persevered and we eventually agreed for a 2:30 pm appointment during the week. So I took the afternoon off from work on the day of our appointment and waited at home. Ironically, she was over 30 minutes late due to traffic. *** Example #2 - The day before our appointment, I emailed her to confirm and included my phone number in case she had any issues. She replied via email that she would be there and...asked for my phone number. *scratches head* *** Example #3 - I borrowed some of her wallpaper samples to show my husband and we agreed I would mail the samples back to her. She emailed me a few days later asking for the samples back, saying she would send a courier to pick them up from my husband's office. I confirmed via email that we would do that, but the samples were still at my husband's office 2 weeks later. I emailed her again to let her know the samples were ready for pick-up, to which she responded "Can your husband mail the samples to me?" I'm not sure why she brought up the courier in the first place then? *** Example #4 - We liked the wallpaper she showed us and ordered 2 rolls through her. They arrived promptly, no problem. No invoice in the box. I had already asked her for the total and method of payment when I confirmed the order (no response at the time). So I emailed her again. She responded with an invoice, but no instruction on how to pay (Canada Post on strike - no easy way to send a cheque). My husband left a voicemail to ask how we should pay, to which she responded in email that electronic payment would be fine. But...she did not include any instructions on HOW to electronically pay her (Paypal? Bank transfer?). I've left it up to my husband to handle this because at this point, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills every time I talk to her. *** I appreciate we are a small potato client compared to other big jobs and wealthy clients, but I do not appreciate being treated as an afterthought. In summary, we are happy with the color plan itself, but trying to work out little details and logistics has been a challenge. I would not recommend Janice to those who value a smooth working relationship.

More about Janice Lindsay - Pink, Colour + Design

Instant gratification! All colour and design dilemmas solved in one short on-site consultation. Makes any interior a better one. Janice Lindsay, CMG is one of Canada’s leading colour designers. For 5 years she was a national colour and design consultant for PPG Pittsburgh Paints and helped them design their new ...
Looking for Interior Design pros in Toronto?