Mr. Black Topp

Reviews for Mr. Black Topp

Phil in Toronto
Phil in Toronto

Asphalt & Concrete Repair

Nick responded quickly and provided a competitive quote for replacing part of a concrete sidewalk and replacing a crumbling asphalt driveway. He provided several options for proceeding and made a recommendation based on our budget. The crew was clean, professional and the final product is amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mr. Black Topp to anyone looking for asphalt or concrete work!

Alex in Mississauga
Alex in Mississauga

Driveway Repair

We had a growing height difference between our asphalt driveway and the entrance to the garage. The asphalt was sinking versus the concrete floor causing an uncomfortable bump whenever we moved the car in and out of the garage. According to Mr. Black Topp, this is a common occurrence in homes that are over 10 years old and a quick look around our block provides plenty of examples.
Looking for a repair, we settled on 3 local paving contractor candidates. The first did not return our call, the second asked for a princely sum and the 3rd (Mr. Black Topp) was just right.
Nick was friendly on the phone, knew exactly what was required and provided a fair quote. He came out the following week for the repair and was punctual, worked quickly and did a professional and thorough job. We are very pleased with the results and I wouldn't hesitate to call him again for any paving repair. Thank you Nick.

Alex's problem is so common that 20 percent of our residential end is exactly what he had. It is usually just a simply repair and i am glad he chose us to complete it. Again...thank you Alex. We have the best customers

jus in Toronto
jus in Toronto

Very satisfied. And they even cleanup!

Exactly what you would expect from a professional. Nick came out and gave me a quote. Returned a week later and got to work.

They paid careful attention to the grading, and made everything look great.

Best of all, they did a thorough cleanup.

I'd definitely recommend Mr Black Topp.

Thank you, i'm glad we could help out

JIm in York
JIm in York

Asphalt Repair

Nick repaired two different driveways for me post waterproofing. The extensive patching jobs were integrated into the existing driveway and each looks great. In both cases the crew went above and beyond and left the areas cleaner than when they arrived. I Recommend highly and will use again. Jim in Midtown Toronto.

Jim, thank you and I am glad we could help

Kevin in Bloor West Village
Kevin in Bloor West Village

Driveway Repair

Extremely happy with the service from Nick at Mr. Black Topp. I am a regular Homestars user and spent a lot of time reviewing driveway contractor reviews. Based on the reviews, I contacted a few companies and Nick was the only one to promptly get back to me. He was prompt, polite, easy to work with and the quality of the work was excellent. I have to admit that I never got to meet him face to face, but my 70 year mother and wife did on separate occasions and both had nothing but positive things to say of him. That speaks volumes to me.

Nick helped fix a grading issue I had with my shared driveway, where all the water was running towards my house. It is 110% fixed to my satisfaction and my only regret was that I didn't do it sooner! Service, quality and price were all excellent.

I will definitely be contacting Nick first when it comes to redoing my entire driveway. I highly recommend Mr. Black Topp without reservation. Thank you so much Nick for your help.

Thank you for your kind words but we only did what is expected of a professional contractor which is a great job for a reasonable price. People are just so used to getting hosed and ignored by some contractors, that when a professional comes along....it seems more than what it is, but I'll accept your praise all the same . Thank you

David Kister from Toronto
David Kister from Toronto

Asphalt repair after waterproofing

Repair asphalt along house foundation after waterproofing. Job was done to direct water away from house, in which it succeeded. The work was done cleanly and neatly. Debris removal and cleanup afterward were both well done.

Katherine from Toronto
Katherine from Toronto

Asphalt - water proofing

Nick did an excellent job with a complex outdoor waterproofing issue. He was reliable, professional, responsive and the work was exactly as requested. The price was very reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Thank you. I am glad we could help

Tnan in East york
Tnan in East york
2 reviews East York, ON

Paving over unfinished weeping tile

Excellent! They tackled the job to which many other paving companies declined doing. The previous home owner sold the house to me with an unfinished weeping tile job (stones surrounded my home). Mr. Blacktopp was quick, professional and reasonable quote. Finally, its great to work with a company that stands behind their word!

Rex from Toronto
Rex from Toronto

Re-paving after waterproofing

Earlier this year, we needed to waterproof our basement and as a result, parts of our driveway needed to be re-paved. We tried contacting a number of different companies, but had difficulty getting through to a company that was willing to do a smaller job.

Nick's team did an excellent job re-paving and made sure that the asphalt grading was done right. They even raised our window wells a few inches because the company that did the waterproofing had left them too low. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

S in Toronto
S in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Small concrete repair

We had a small problem with our front walkway, and as we are both seniors we could not do the repairs our selves. Nick was very helpful and returned our call right away. The other guy want to tear out everything and charge us 4500 dollars. Nick did exactly what needed to be done and did not over charge us at all. In fact, I though it would have been more. I am very happy with the level of service we received and almost wish we had more for him to do. Thanks Nick, good job.

We did not under or over charge for this work. People are so used to getting such high quotes for small jobs that a reasonable charge seems unrealistic. We charged only what any above board contractor should have charged. But thank you all the same

More about Mr. Black Topp

Concrete repairs and new installs Asphalt repairs and new installs Interlock and natural stone repairs and new installs Weather its a driveway or walkway, residential or commercial / industrial, our tecks get it right the first time - Call today for your free estimate and senior discount
Looking for Paving Contractors pros in East York?