Mitchell C & Son Roofing Ltd

Reviews for Mitchell C & Son Roofing Ltd

Jen in East York
Jen in East York

Honest, reliable company

I contacted this company after they were referred to me. We have a flat roof and were looking to build a deck on top of it. I needed to know the roofing membrane was in good condition and had a good slope. Roy, responded quickly, had a look at it, and gave me detailed information about his observations and even some advice for the deck builders. It turns out the roof was okay to build on and I so appreciate his honesty about that!! I will most definitely use this company in the event we need a new roof and would recommend them in a heartbeat! Ask for Roy :)

Anne in East york
Anne in East york

Great roofing company

This company is different from other roofing companies. They are so pleasant to work with, their employees are courteous and do excellent work. I had my roof done by them several years ago now, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to friends and family. In my case, they knew I'd been having problems with my roof. There was a very rainy day approaching, and they actually changed their schedule to get my roof done before that day. Roy was professional and polite. Cleanup was excellent too.

jo in Toronto
jo in Toronto

Professional Roof work & Great Price

We highly recommend C. Mitchell & Son Ltd. Roofing
We had researched long and hard - we wanted to find a roofer we could trust. Our neighbour, an architect, provided the recommendation.
Thank you very much Roy and your team in providing excellent roof work for our home.
Charlie and Joanne

Rose from Toronto
Rose from Toronto

Roof repairs

I have been a customer of C. Mitchell & Son for 15 years now and I keep coming back because they are completely TRUSTWORTHY. That's not the first thing you think of when you think of a roofing company! I never have to worry that they'll try to talk me into getting work done that I don't need. Roy, Kevin and the whole crew are professionals and always do a great job. You might have a hard time getting a callback, mainly because they are so busy, but persevere because it will be worth it. Thanks Roy and Kevin for giving me peace of mind (priceless)!

hd1965
hd1965

OUTSTANDING - C MITCHELL & SONS is THAT good!

I just had a truly incredible experience with C Mitchell and Sons, so I am delighted to write this review and also simply say DEFINITELY CHECK THEM OUT.. out as in OUTSTANDING!
I had a fairly minor flat roof job that I had been procrastinating about.. Roy came, gave a reasonable quote and seemed a decent as well as professional person to deal with.
It went well and I was very happy.
There was a stage two job, the replacement of my 100+ year old steep roof - slate covered with shingles. This was a BIG job.
Here's the drill: two days, a team of 8, they turned up perfectly on time, worked like crazy, took AMAZING care with both our house and our (admittedly wonderful) neighbours. Each day they were wrapped by five, left everything spotless and were probably the best group of professionals I have ever dealt with.
I simply can't talk highly enough about Roy, his team and this company.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR!

jim from Mississauga
jim from Mississauga

new roof

You get what you pay for. Had a very positive experience, showed up with 9 guy's, on time, all worked well as a team, finished early, left the site clean, Called Bill 6 month's later for a piece of flashing, no problem, said he'd make it up ASAP. True professionals.

SEL in Toronto
SEL in Toronto

New Roof!

C Mitchell & Son Roofing was recommended to us by a friend and after we had 5 quotes from other HomeStar companies we chose to go with them - they were FANTASTIC! Got the job done well, cleanly & timely! Also helped with collecting information for a class action suit that we are a part of for previous roof - would HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Kei from Toronto
Kei from Toronto
13 reviews Kitchener, ON

New plywood, new shingle

First time getting my roof done. Don't know a thing about roofing so started researching on the internet. Got 5 different quotes. Prices range from 4000 to 10000. Some of the roofers asked for down payments, used thinner plywood than standard, used CRC/BP shingles, wouldn't install baffles, wouldn't install washroom hose vents, wouldn't do basic repairs of eavestroughs or wouldn't even go up on the roof to do a proper evaluation.

I went with this roofing company because the quote was reasonable. Not too cheap, and not too expensive. They don't require down payment, and willing to do small repairs I asked for. The main guy is Roy. He is your single point of contact from beginning to end. Anytime you have a question, call or email him and he will give you an honest answer.

To save you the 3 month of research and get 25 years out of your roof the first time, ask for the following: plywood must be 1/2 inch thick nothing thinner, 6 feet ice/water/shield, rest of roof is synthetic felt (not tar paper), 3 inch drip edge all around, IKO/Certainteed/GAF fiberglass shingles, avoid BP and CRC, get 2 x large passive vent from Maximum Ventilation Model 301 - (I should have gotten 2). Always make sure to get plastic rafter vents, Roy can get that installed if you plan to open up the roof. Ask for 10 year warranty on their work and ask for WSIB insured.

Another thing to remember, roofers are dependent on the weather so be patient and considerate. If you want quality and good workmanship, get these guys. They have 7-8 full time workers and well organized. They came at 8:00AM and finished at 5:00PM. Cleaned up driveway, and left.

A unique thing about this company is that it been around since 1947. Think about the experience and knowledge they have when it comes to roofing.

Jackie Campbell from Old Toronto
Jackie Campbell from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

New roof

Bill, Roy and their team responded quickly to both giving us a quote and completing the job. After the first day, they did not leave until the roof was protected against bad weather (it rained the next day). They said they would arrive at 9 am and they did (even calling in advance). The team (7-9 people) was efficient, everyone was friendly and cheerful and they left the place tidy. Without even being asked, Roy noticed that our balcony needed a fix - included that job in a 2nd quote - now we actually enjoy going out there! Roy even noticed that our bathroom vent was not hooked up properly and took the time to fix it, at no charge. The owners showed up every day and some employees have been with the company for 30 yrs (surprising, considering that most roofing companies have not been in business for long). Excellent service, greatly exceeded expectations. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Matt from Toronto
Matt from Toronto

Flat roof, shingles, skylight

In a word, amazing.
Roy was professional, friendly and just all 'round great. They finished faster than expected, and on budget. He was the only contractor to actually bring me up and show me issues and gave me options. We will be using them in the spring for the rest of our house.