Vandyk Group Of Companies

Vandyk Group Of Companies

Reviews for Vandyk Group Of Companies

Private User reviews Innisfil, ON

Vandyk Group didn't give our Grading Deposit

We bought the house on Harpreet Circle, Etobicoke from Vandyk in 2013.
We are requesting for the "Grading Deposit" for the last 4 years. In the past 8 months, we emailed and called multiple times to request for our grading deposit but didnt get any reply.
I will never recommend this builder.

Grading

I bought my house in 2014. In etobicoke harpreet circle I suppose to get back my grading amount after 3 years .but its 6 over 6 years I didn't get nothing.
I called and emailed them my times and I got one answer that I will look into it by nastily chan the controller of vandyk group of companies.
I don't know whom to call?

VanDyk

I purchased a VanDyk property in Mississauga. I came on this site to read reviews of VanDyk and I am not surprised but the low ratings. I've heard far too many stories about the difficulty in dealing with this company, especially around paying workers and employee salaries. I hope they make big changes to their company before they are approved for more buildings.

Private User reviews Cobourg, ON

West Park Village, Cobourg

Poor construction, poor customer service. Their handyman is worse than your worst general handyman and has no clue what he is doing. Very slow in replying to the numerous deficiencies (30). Many leaks in basement that kept appearing over 3 years...then they claimed they weren't under warranty anymore. Head office does not care when you lodge a complaint. You had to repeatedly remind them to fix your deficiencies. Horrible builder to deal with and we would not recommend them.

Private User reviews Orangeville, ON

New Home Shelburne-Got Screwed

Scummy sleazebag builder. Never, Never, Never, buy from them.

So many building issues I can't list them all. In the end we asked them to fix the jagged hardwood floating floor around our curved stairway and they said no because they could not find a rubber molding to cover it up the errors, instead of undercutting the shoerail that hides the floors edge. $80,000 in upgrades and they made us feel like they could care less.

Now we are faced with getting it repaired by a third party and suing them.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Price for changes are very unreasonable

I am very disappointed with the customer service provided for changes and upgrades.

I asked for a different type of toilet (comfort height, I'm a senior). They quoted me $ 1,200.00 for a model that retails for a lesser price than their standard offering. I asked the why they're charging so much , they never replied to my request.

Very poor customer service. Had I known that they would gouge their clients this way, I would have never bought from this builder.

As it stands I'll have to purchase, and have installed, the same toilet they offer for a $ 1,200.00 charge (commonly listed for a much lower price) and dispose of the one they provide (listed for a higher price than the standard one they supply) . A terrible waste. I wouldn't recommend this builder to anyone.

Private User reviews Shelburne, ON

I wish we hadn't picked this builder !

Horrible builder! The finishes on the home are horrible. Dealing with the company is horrible. Not to mention we were delayed almost 2 years. Extremely disappointing experience with the purchase of our first home.

Julie from Mississauga
Julie from Mississauga

New home in Shelburne

So sorry and surprised to read the previous review from Anita on this builder. We are also buying pre-construction for the first time and our experience could not have been more different. There have been construction delays (we were told because of the very harsh winter of 2013/14), but that has been well communicated to us, as well as the exact date when construction began on our home. Our decor appointment was also extremely well handled. The advisor assigned to us was patient while we discussed and made our selections, she was very knowledgeable and what we appreciated most of all is that she did not try to up-sell us or talk us into getting things that we didn't need. She offered great perspective and a professional opinion when asked. I've even called back a few times for obscure information, like "what size will my driveway be in sq ft?" and have been responded to in less than a business day. We've been very satisfied with Vandyk, and have recommended several friends since making our purchase who have all had an experience similar to ours.

Mrs. Customer
Mrs. Customer
1 review Shelburne, ON

Home Purchase in Shelburne

a bad experience personally. Poor planning and weather contributed to delays, which inconvienenced a lot of people. Never purchased new before so unsure what to expect, but did not feel valued in the process.

More about Vandyk Group Of Companies

For over thirty-five years, VANDYK group of companies has stood for excellence in the North American building industry. Passion, vision and inspiration have developed the corporation into a vertically integrated, progressive real estate investment operation. Visit vandyk. com for more information.
Looking for Builders pros in Erindale?