Builders
​66 Wellington St. West, TD Bank Tower, Suite 5500, PO Box 97, Toronto ON M5K 1G8

Reviews for Mattamy Homes

Stay away

As soon as our signing grace period was up the BS kept coming to light. One failed promise after another. We spent over 100k on upgrades but were constantly rushed and reminded we only get 3 hours at the design centre and that we were to supposed to come in advance. Well actually we did go in advance and no min wage workers could never answer anything and kept telling us to wait for our design centre appointment. After taking delivery none of our pdi items were completed and we were told to put them on our 30 day. Mostly minor repairs but nothing got done within 120 days. Every window on mine and all my neighbours homes leaked during a rain storm. Mattamy argued that the windows were good but we had to threaten legal. Jeldwen came in and found they were defective. Poor building materials, no pride of work, every corner cut. This is my 5th new house in the past 3 years and hands down the worst builder to deal with. All have mistakes but mattamy is the only one that can't fix theirs.

North York Homeowner in Oakville
North York Homeowner in Oakville

The worst purchase of my life

Purchased a Mattamy townhouse in North York. The day we got our keys was supposed to be happy and exciting, but instead made us angry and sick to our stomachs. It was horrible beyond belief.

Buying a home in Toronto is a huge investment, and what we got was akin to a war zone, or a 3rd world country. We didn't think a home built so badly was possible in a country like Canada, in a city like Toronto.

Examples: Rain water instantly leaking into home, damagaing walls and floors. Black mould. Rat infestation. Walls so crooked, they looked pregnant. Dirt and footprints sealed into the wood stairs. Water leaking from light fixtures. Unsealed garage from cO2 emissions. No hot water. No water pressure, trickling out the shower head. Wrong colours from the finishes we picked. No backsplash in kitchen. Garage too short/tight to fit some vehicles, off from the blueprints by over 6 inches.

The list goes on, but needless to say, Mattamy doesn't build homes. Mattamy is a sham setup to take your money, and give you something that meets the bare minimum legal requirements.

Their warranty team is slow, and unresponsive. They do not get back to you. They treat you like a nuisance, or a pest.

It has been 1.5 years since moving in, and still many of the defects haven't been repaired.

PLEASE DO NOT RUIN YOUR LIFE. NEVER BUY MATTAMY.

DG in Edmonton
DG in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

They told me this is

I thought i should had a low expectations. i found that i was wrong when their manager told me this is how other builders do too. well, i am telling you, no! i am the only case within my friends. they are so use to shut you up with a "industrial practice."

"This is industry standard and is practiced by all builders. This is to mitigate cost to the consumer as this area is not visible. We also do not put tile/flooring under cabinets as this would be pointless and economically irresponsible. This is not a matter of cutting corners, it is a matter of reducing cost to our valued customers. "

Apparently from Mattamy point of view, you should never change your appliances.

Avoid Mattamy at all costs!!

Worst experience in my life with service and product. I have 500 others who would agree. Please do not screw up like we did and go with Mattamy. I cant believe that this big of a company is this inept

Private User reviews King City, ON

Horrible builder

Issues are all over the house, terrible painting work, uneven floor, uneven ceiling, unfinished tile work, lack of shower tube, half of glass missing, windows not be able to close, ill-sized cabinet, rough stairs (without paints). You name it. Central vacuum outlet insider dry wall, No exhaust wall hole for fan and dryer. The Mattamy staff talked to you nicely, but do not do the work, delay and delay. After more than 3 months of closing, there are still lots of issues. Frustrating. Never buy Mattamy new house. Never.

Ankur in Oakville
Ankur in Oakville

Most unprofessional builder

Mattamy I built with you guys because I thought you will work professionally. But that was not the case. Found out that basement upgraded windows that costed me fortunes is not done as per code. Even worse is drawing submitted to city was also not correct. And super frustrating thing is we don’t even get to know because you guys don’t share drawings with buyers. What even worse is when I brought this to mattamy attention, your Vice President of construction says, we built the house, city approved it and you lived in house for 2 years, now whatever it is live with it. I usually don’t link to crib on social media, however what a shame. Hope your upper management have some professionalism and own to their mistakes.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Mattamy Homes

Just stay away from this builder.

There is zero pride in their workmanship. Customer service warranty dept. no one really cares. There are videos out there showing that they are better then the rest. But after really experiencing it myself. I can guarantee these folks just don’t care.

I recently had a flood in my washroom and basement. No one cares! They made it seem like this Was normal. They seen worse floods then this. My flood happened because of there was a nail in the pipe from the baseboard installs they did.

My backsplash is just horrible

We moved in our new home with no counter tops and many defects around the home. The green tapes they put on during the pdi ends up getting removed from the workers.

My advise if you already purchased the home. Pay attention. Make sure all the defect you noted is actually on the pdi forum and the tarion documents.

Mattmay will always find a way out of things to do. Customer service is just horrible. No one wants to go that extra mile. They will want a good rating for their survey which results to their bonus. So they will be nice just for a moment and forget you even exist.

Below are few pics of their work...

Pradera in Oakville
Pradera in Oakville

Peoria AZ

I would fire the painters and the door/trim guys and dry wall guys as well. These sub-contractors don’t take pride on their jobs. In many cases, they removed the blue and green tapes without fixing anything. Our rounded corners walls are dented all around the house. These sub-contractors FAILED!!!!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Mattamy Homes, YOU FAILED!!!

We are very disappointed with our new home. Our house in the Preserves Oakville was delivered Unfinished, Messy and Unsafe.
I would never buy a Mattamy product again! I will recommend that a friend never buy a Mattamy Home. Truly the worst builder ever!!!

Mike in Toronto
Mike in Toronto
1 review Saint Quentin, NB

Purchased a Mattamy Home

We purchased a home from Mattamy and were extremely satisfied. They have amazing people and processes. They made a potentially stressful purchase a delightful experience. I would highly recommend them.

More about Mattamy Homes

Welcome to Mattamy Homes: One product, lovingly crafted, humbly sold, then proudly owned. That's how it starts for most companies. That's how it started for Mattamy Homes in 1978.

Mattamy Homes is rigorous about every single aspect of community planning. We acquire the land, design the homes, plan the streets, and we create the people spaces—the walking and biking trails, parks, and other community features.

Still, our process remains unchanged in one fundamental way. We continue to keep our eyes, ears, and minds open. We talk to our future and present homeowners to completely understand diverse and evolving styles of living. And we continually attempt to provide for you the best, most liveable spaces with everything we learn.

Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with a nearly 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps 7,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the United States, the company is represented in 10 markets – Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Phoenix, Tucson, Jacksonville, Orlando (where its US head office is located), Tampa, Sarasota, Naples and Southeast Florida – and in Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton. Visit www.mattamyhomes.com for more information.