Mattamy Homes

Builders
​66 Wellington St. West, TD Bank Tower, Suite 5500, PO Box 97, Toronto ON M5K 1G8
HomeStars  >  Builders in Toronto  >  Mattamy Homes

Reviews for Mattamy Homes

Ankur in Oakville
Ankur in Oakville

Most unprofessional builder

Mattamy I built with you guys because I thought you will work professionally. But that was not the case. Found out that basement upgraded windows that costed me fortunes is not done as per code. Even worse is drawing submitted to city was also not correct. And super frustrating thing is we don’t even get to know because you guys don’t share drawings with buyers. What even worse is when I brought this to mattamy attention, your Vice President of construction says, we built the house, city approved it and you lived in house for 2 years, now whatever it is live with it. I usually don’t link to crib on social media, however what a shame. Hope your upper management have some professionalism and own to their mistakes.

Mattamy Homes

Just stay away from this builder.

There is zero pride in their workmanship. Customer service warranty dept. no one really cares. There are videos out there showing that they are better then the rest. But after really experiencing it myself. I can guarantee these folks just don’t care.

I recently had a flood in my washroom and basement. No one cares! They made it seem like this Was normal. They seen worse floods then this. My flood happened because of there was a nail in the pipe from the baseboard installs they did.

My backsplash is just horrible

We moved in our new home with no counter tops and many defects around the home. The green tapes they put on during the pdi ends up getting removed from the workers.

My advise if you already purchased the home. Pay attention. Make sure all the defect you noted is actually on the pdi forum and the tarion documents.

Mattmay will always find a way out of things to do. Customer service is just horrible. No one wants to go that extra mile. They will want a good rating for their survey which results to their bonus. So they will be nice just for a moment and forget you even exist.

Below are few pics of their work...

Pradera in Oakville
Pradera in Oakville

Peoria AZ

I would fire the painters and the door/trim guys and dry wall guys as well. These sub-contractors don’t take pride on their jobs. In many cases, they removed the blue and green tapes without fixing anything. Our rounded corners walls are dented all around the house. These sub-contractors FAILED!!!!

Mattamy Homes, YOU FAILED!!!

We are very disappointed with our new home. Our house in the Preserves Oakville was delivered Unfinished, Messy and Unsafe.
I would never buy a Mattamy product again! I will recommend that a friend never buy a Mattamy Home. Truly the worst builder ever!!!

Mike in Toronto
Mike in Toronto
1 review Saint Quentin, NB

Purchased a Mattamy Home

We purchased a home from Mattamy and were extremely satisfied. They have amazing people and processes. They made a potentially stressful purchase a delightful experience. I would highly recommend them.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Colossal Disappointment

I have had issues with Mattamy from the onset. The sales experience was brutal; I had to follow-up numerous times for structural upgrades that the website said was available but the sales person said was not. In the end, it was available.

My list of 30 day items is still outstanding, and it has been 8 months since I moved in. When pending issues are fixed (or attempted to be fixed), jobs are left in a mess.

The '2 star rating is to recognize the efforts of a senior ranking employee, who has taken accountability for the numerous blunders.

John in Saint-Quentin
John in Saint-Quentin
1 review Saint Quentin, NB

Amelia floor plan, Triple Creek Riverview, FL

Terrible customer service and satisfaction on all accounts. Poor quality materials and craftsmanship. Worksites look horrible as construction continues in the community. Disregard for maintaining their unsold properties and unwillingness to prepare for hurricanes or other dangerous weather in the central Florida area. Still
Unfinished warranty claims almost three months Post-closing

Brendamiao in Scarborough
Brendamiao in Scarborough
1 review King City, ON

WORST BUILDER EVER

Poor craftsmanship, lousy work, painting has patches on it, shingles are damaged, doors cannot close, frames are not even, kitchen cabinets are wrong and cannot be fixed for a month since closing, just do the curbs without notice and when I open the garage door, there is a big trench in front of me, so I was late for work for an hour. Customer service cannot help much as seriously, no body can really help much whoever you talk to. I am paying 2.2 million on this crap. Will not buy from this builder ever again and will not recommend my friends and family to buy any house from Mattamy. Horrible experience with this builder.

Treats customers as garbage,

Mattamy - Vaughan

Worst builder, delivered a house built with MDF. Damages done during pre-construction by Mattamy still waiting to be fixed moved in 2yrs. ago. Trades are a joke, showed up 6 times to fix the same issue that's still unresolved. Mortar looks like a "dog's breakfast" PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BUILDER.

Samantha
Samantha
1 review King City, ON

Spend your money with another builder.

The Mattamy experience was horrible right from the beginning of the sales office and their mistakes to the end of construction and more. We are still dealing with problem after problem, day after day, week after week, month after month. What’s worse is they don’t care. Not the frontline staff nor the VPs in customer service, the decor centre or construction. It’s pathetic and appalling how they get away with treating new homeowners this way. They should be held accountable as they are extorting consumers. BUYERS BEWARE- DO NOT BUY MATTAMY

More about Mattamy Homes

Welcome to Mattamy Homes: One product, lovingly crafted, humbly sold, then proudly owned. That's how it starts for most companies. That's how it started for Mattamy Homes in 1978.

Mattamy Homes is rigorous about every single aspect of community planning. We acquire the land, design the homes, plan the streets, and we create the people spaces—the walking and biking trails, parks, and other community features.

Still, our process remains unchanged in one fundamental way. We continue to keep our eyes, ears, and minds open. We talk to our future and present homeowners to completely understand diverse and evolving styles of living. And we continually attempt to provide for you the best, most liveable spaces with everything we learn.

Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with a nearly 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps 7,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the United States, the company is represented in 10 markets – Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Phoenix, Tucson, Jacksonville, Orlando (where its US head office is located), Tampa, Sarasota, Naples and Southeast Florida – and in Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton. Visit www.mattamyhomes.com for more information.