Marcon Construction Ltd

Reviews for Marcon Construction Ltd

MarconStar in Burlington
MarconStar in Burlington

Main Floor Renovation

Marcon completed our renovation project to our complete satisfaction. Management, employees and Marcon's dedicated trades partners and supplier provided friendly, reliable, professional and excellent service and installation. We selected Marcon based on recommendations from friends and verified references and have no hesitation in providing this positive endorsement.

Brant Hills  in
Brant Hills in

Extension of dining room

We are writing to express our appreciation to Marcon Construction upon the completion of the addition to our dining room. We found them to be helpful and supportive from start to finish . They sent in a lot of different teams and each and every person that showed up to complete their part of the job was a true professional and excelled at what they did. What a pleasure this job has been!
Judy and Bob

Thanks for the positive feedback Judy and Bob! It was a real pleasure working with you and the extension turned out real nice giving you a great view of the pool and ravine. Enjoy!

LindsayG
LindsayG
2 reviews Burlington, ON

2 Bathrooms

Although we are happy with the end result it was at times a painful process. I guess you could consider our project a 'smaller' one, although it was big to us....we were converting a bedroom into a master bathroom then upgrading the main family bathroom.

We did feel our project got pushed to the side a bit while other bigger projects were being delt with. I also question the experience of our project manager, he seemed rather inexperienced at times. The communication between himself and the subcontractors was horrible...lots of things were missed, for example we asked for a custom niche in our shower, the tilers finished the shower without including it so had to go back and rip apart the tile..

I also wasn't a fan of the amount of sub-contractors that were coming through our house. I am a stay at home mom and there was never any warning as to who was coming and when, they had a lock box on the door so people would just walk through. I was putting the baby to sleep one day and could here footsteps coming up the stairs, on a day when I was told no one was coming. I ended up removing it from the door so they had to knock.

Every single one of the trades had to come back at least once to fix something that wasn't done properly in the beginning. Not sure if this is a normal process or not but seems rather inefficient to me. Also, be wary of the 'allowances' they give you for things like tiles, plumbing etc. We were pretty much forced to use their tile supplier...which is based out in Smithville...not overly convenient. And despite picking the cheapest tile available we were still way over on the allowance.

I am sure this is a great company to work with on bigger projects, but I think for us we just didn't fit with their style of doing business. We are now renovating our basement and have gone with another contractor who we are very happy with.

Thanks for taking the time out to post a review Lindsay. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve. All jobs, big or small are equally important to us. We are set up with the carpenters on staff and we sub the rest of our work out to licenced professionals. We have put together an excellent team who work well together and most of them we have worked with for 20 plus years. We have worked with Bert Vis Flooring for at least 25 years now, and they not only do an excellent job, but they were also willing to absorb some of the cost of the tile so that you could stay within your budget and have the tile you preferred. I'm sorry you felt inconvenienced through the process, as we do our best to keep a project moving swiftly. I am glad to hear you are happy with the end result and wish you all the best with your basement reno.

1 review Burnaby, BC

So disappointing

We had Marcon Construction work on our business suite (a clinic for children with autism) and were assured that everything was cleared and ok with management/building owners. Unfortunately, that was not the case and now we are out over $12,000 due to the untruths and irresponsibility that this company showed. I would NOT recommend them for any work that you hope to have done.

This is not one of our jobs. This review comes from Burnaby BC and I know there is a Marcon Construction out there. We do residential work, not commercial and have never built a clinic for children with autism.

Rose and Russ McCallum in Dundas
Rose and Russ McCallum in Dundas
1 review Hamilton, ON

Renovation-replace deck and add porch roof

We contacted Marcon in June 2015, we had thought our neighbour who had moved was going to do the project but had taken on other projects. We knew it was late in the season but were still hoping to get it done before the winter. Mark came to our home, measured, took notes and we received a detailed quote and we signed up with Marcon. They were honest with us that if probably wouldn't be till sometime in November due to the projects they had in their schedule. We got a call in September they had a hold up at one of the projects and they could fit us in. We were thrilled. We love our new deck/ porch and everyone that has seen it says it is a well build, solid structure. We are so happy that we got Marcon to do our project. Thank you Mark, Brian and crew for a fantastic job. We know who to call and who to refer when it comes to someone looking for a contractor !! Russ and Rose-Dundas Ontario

Thanks for taking the time out to post the glowing review, Russ and Rose! I've shown the pictures I took of your deck with all the Christmas decorations on it and everyone thought the deck looked great. It was a real pleasure working with you. Enjoy!!

Scott in Hamilton
Scott in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

kitchen addition and complete renovation

We interviewed 4 contractors and chose Marcon due to project presentation, reputation, and cost. They were not the least expensive. Work started 1 week early, project proceeded as per proposal, all employees and subtrades knowledgeable, courteous and cleaned up at the end of each day. All issues were dealt with promptly and professionally. Project completed within a week of the 3 months time frame. Extremely pleased with outcome. Highly recommend the contractor.

Thanks for the great review Scott. It was a pleasure working with you and Madeline. I hope you get much pleasure from your new kitchen, it sure looks spacious!

Rdecleir in Burlington
Rdecleir in Burlington

Addition and new kitchen

We asked 3 contractors to quote on this job. Mark at Marcon was the only one who tooks notes at our first meeting and then provided a detailed cost estimate. He also provided references and insurance information and a detailed schedule of payments when we signed the contract. Very Professional. The job started when they said it would and they finished in the time frame that they figured it would take. Brian the Site Supervisor and all the trades were very good and responsive to our requests and questions. We are so glad we used Marcon and we would have no hesitation recommending them to anyone.

It was a real pleasure working for you Rob and I appreciate the kind words. It was an exciting project to work on and the end result is stunning. The spacious kitchen will give you years of pleasure and service!

Ian from Burlington
Ian from Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Renovation to front of house exterior

We contracted with Marcon for a change to the front of our home. This project involved masonry work, roofing, carpentry, soffit and eaves and electrical.
Brian, our foreman, handled all the trades. They were all a pleasure to deal with, as was Brian.
The level of communication was excellent, the care and cleanliness of the project was appreciated, and the finished job is terrific.

Thanks for the positive review Ian! The house looks fantastic with the new roof line and decorative column. The landscaping that you had done really ties it all together to give the house a new look! It was a pleasure working with you and we hope you get many years of enjoyment from out of the work that was done.

Carmela from Burlington
Carmela from Burlington

Addition and Interior Renovation

Last spring, we hired Marcon to build a rear addition and do some interior renovations to our home. The entire experience, from our first meeting with Mark to the final walk-through with Brian (Site Superintendent), was terrific. The project was completed within the estimated budget and before the given time-frame. This is a testament to Mark's experience and knowledge of his business.
Every person we dealt with throughout the project was professional, knowledgeable, courteous and respectful. Mark has built up a great group of tradespeople. He treats them well and they respect him and do top-notch work in return. We are very pleased with all the elements of our renovation.
Mark and Brian responded to my calls and emails quickly. They answered all my questions and never made me feel like I was being bothersome.
I generally don't make recommendations of products or companies to my acquaintances (for fear that something might go wrong and I would feel bad) BUT I make an exception when it comes to Marcon. I feel 100% confident in recommending this company to anyone looking for an excellent general contractor. Marcon will take care of you, and you will not be disappointed.

Thank you very much for your glowing review. It was a pleasure working with you and I am glad that you appreciate the hard work that went into your renovation and are pleased with it.

Chris and Marion from Burlington
Chris and Marion from Burlington
7 reviews Burlington, ON

Kitchen extension

We engaged Marcon to do an 8x12 extension onto our kitchen. They weren't the cheapest but they appeared to be the most realistic in terms of timing. Mark came out to do the scoping and estimating and I was impressed by his experience and attention to detail. We are very pleased with the end result. The level of communication was good and most things were well explained. As a homeowner you can't think of all the things to ask and there are one or two things I would have done differently but Mark accommodated our changes efficiently. He was easy to deal with and clearly motivated to do a first class job. The work was completed on budget and the discussions on add-ons was fair. I would recommend Marcon to anyone looking extensions to their homes.

Thanks Chris and Marion. It was nice working with you and I am glad we could get things done in time so that your deck and landscaping could be completed and allowing you to enjoy your back yard and pool for this coming season.

More about Marcon Construction Ltd

Providing quality residential renovations and additions. From modest renovations to large-scale second storey additions, basements, kitchens, home theatres and sunrooms, Marcon Construction delivers old-world workmanship and particular attention to detail. www. marconconstruction. ca