Lighting Originals Inc

Lighting Originals Inc

Reviews for Lighting Originals Inc

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

ceiling light

I ordered a ceiling light from this company in April 2020 and as of the end of August I still have not received it. Payment was taken immediately upon ordering and there was no indication there would be any delay in shipping. After 2 months I finally called and after back and forth emails I was told it would be here early August. I have reached out to them once again to get an ETA and now they are saying it will be back in stock in 4 weeks, and then in 3-4 days it will ship out to me; so I am looking at another 5-6 weeks STILL waiting for my light. I understand things are not very normal this year, but as a 'proud' Canadian company you would think they would have some form of detection system to tell them when an item is ordered it is not in stock or a follow-up when there is going to be a delay thereby giving the customer the chance to cancel or wait. This company seems to just take orders, payment and then hope they don't get too harassed when people don't get there merchandise in a timely manner. And I was very excited to be buying Canadian, too...

revival in Goulbourn
revival in Goulbourn
1 review Ottawa, ON

BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Upon checking the actual measurements of some fixtures that I purchased, I found that they don't match the description on the website, they are way off! I wasn't able to request for a refund right away because of the covid-19 restrictions, which caused my request to be only 4 weeks over the return date policy. Management absolutely refused to be flexible and allow for a return, although the fixture was un-opened, still in it's original packaging and the fault was theirs for having the wrong measurements on their website. Do yourself a favour and shop elsewhere!! Multi-Lighting has much better customer service and allowed me to return a fixture even though it was past the policy date! Do not support this company!!!

Shereen in Toronto
Shereen in Toronto

No straight answer after a month as to when purchase will arrive

This was my first and only experience with Lighting Originals. I purchased lights via a phone order for pick up on Dec 26, 2019. At the time, I was told the order will arrive in about 2 weeks. On Jan 13, I called to follow up and was told by the same person about 1 or 2 weeks. On Jan 26, I was told 1 week. The order was finally ready on Feb 7, six weeks after the purchase date. Although I am happy with the lights, I was not impressed with the store's communication and turnaround times. They should not have given me the expectation of a 2 week turnaround and kept me hanging every time I followed up. I would only recommend them if you are looking for the best price and also ok with not knowing when your order will arrive.

Review has 1 previous version
Angela from Toronto
Angela from Toronto

Pendant Light Fixture Purchase

I spent a considerable amount of time comparing prices for this fixture on both American and Canadian online retail sites. Lighting Originals had the best price by far. The customer service has been exemplary. I will be using Lighting Originals for any future lighting purchases, and I will recommend them to my friends and family without reservation.

Scott Smith in Toronto
Scott Smith in Toronto

Best Prices Anywhere.

Looked for a Maxim chandelier online. Found it available on a couple of sites. However, Lighting Originals' price was far lower than all others. Order went smoothly and I saved a lot of money.

katie in Toronto
katie in Toronto

Great quality lighting

Ordered lights for my porch, great quality and the lighting was bright.
Customer service was great, free shipping, extensive selection.
I will definitely order again from this site. Next time I may go to their showroom in Toronto.

Kannan S in Aurora
Kannan S in Aurora
4 reviews Aurora, ON

Outdoor Lighting

I Purchased two lovely double headed outdoor lighting fixtures recently from Lighting Originals on 109 Cartwright Av. TO. I was very pleased and impressed by their Sales Service & Customer care. The Gentleman Subas who helped me with the Purchase is very knowledgeable, professional and honest. Once I received the item I had an issue due my fault. With one phone call to Subas the problem was resolved without any hassle to me. Thank you Subas. The Company's after Sales Service is better than the best in Town. As a Realtor now I have a store that I can recommend not only to my Family & Friends but also to my clients for all their lighting needs. This store is reputable, modern has a great selection and easy to do business with.

Janice in Scarborough
Janice in Scarborough

Excellent prices and Courteous helpful Service

I searched for lighting for my Victorian home's kitchen.
No one else had stock in Toronto of the Elk Lighting I found online. Lighting Originals had stock and their prices were considerably lower than online and retail lighting stores in Toronto. The sales persons were very knowledgeable and courteous.

leah in Toronto
leah in Toronto

amazing lighting store experience!!

it was my first time in this store and i had just an amazing experience!!! i got assisted as soon as i entered. the staff was great! very helpful! i must say ive looked around to many lighting stores and ive gotten the best price here! i will for sure be back for more and i highly recommend this store! great people! amazing prices!!!

Carrie in Toronto
Carrie in Toronto

Lighting fixtures; dining room and bathrooms

Wonderful, personable service. Questions answered with care and consideration and most of all EXPERIENCE! In this day and age of quick service it's absolutely refreshing to have someone who lets you roam, offers suggestions based on what they've heard you say, and thanks you sincerely for your business. We will definitely be returning for lights for the rest of the house.