We hired this company to do major reno's. Although we had confidence because one of the workers we knew and thought would treat it like his own house, it turned out that was not how it happened.
So many small things that they did not take the time nor care to fix or do a better job on......
In our main bathroom, we had them put a design tile above head height, instead of using a thicker trowl to make flush this design tile with the rest of the tile they inset the tile and now it just looks sunken and a completely different look than what was designed.
2. We had them create a space for the shampoo and soap within the wall. THey used pencil tile around this but instead of using a full piece they tried to cut corners and used three pieces. Well it looks horrible.
3. When they were wiping off the excessive grout the would leave large amounts of grout in the corners.
4. They did not line up the tub to the end of the tile so there was a point where the tub and tile meet that was unfinished.
5. All the pieces they cut for the metal end pieces that hide the ends of tile were cut to short.
6. They used broken pieces of tile, just glued them together and slapped them on.
7. Tiles did not line up correctly so that when you had to install toilets or the plates at the back of a handle for the shower, there are gaps.
8. Some of the sub trades they had brought in as well were as poor as the rest of them when it comes to the finished product. For eg.....
9. Our wood floors, we had wood floors installed throughout the top and main floors of the house. Do you think they would take off and then put back base boards...not in all cases. I just found problems 4 years after the job was done.
10. They left gaps between the nosing and the wood floor.
11. The wood was not even tight up against each other so dirt can easily accumulate between boards.
The guys shot nails into the water pipes so there was water leaking through the ceiling onto our 3 year old kitchen cupboards. Do you think they came back to fix the damage done.
NOPE....they decided it was too much trouble. The damage they had done and all the repairs that were left. They must have decided it was not worth it, so of course they just leave you high and dry for you to fix yourself or spend more money to get it fixed properly.
Want picture, I'm sure I can find some.