Kiya Sunrise Electrical Ltd.

Electricians
Toronto ON M5R 2E2

Electricians
Kiya Sunrise Electrical Ltd.

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 5 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 5 times

Reviews for Kiya Sunrise Electrical Ltd.

Anna in Toronto
Anna in Toronto

Various Electrical Items at House

We had Kiya come and install 3 new dining room lights, rewire other lights from separate switches to the same switch, install a new electrical outlet, fix our bedroom light / fan, and source and install a new garage light, switch, and new outlet. We could not be happier with Kiya's work!

Right from when he came for the initial inspection for quote, he fixed our switch that wasn't working. Kiya and his colleague Louis were quick, thorough, and great to work with. We are very happy with his work and highly recommend him to anyone looking for electrical work around their home! When we need more electrical work, we know who to call.

M.Parsa
M.Parsa
0 reviews Aurora, ON

electrical wiring inspection and repair

Extremely knowledgable and professional. I was falsley told by a home inspector and another electrician that the wiring was partial aluminum. I hired Kiya to change that wiring but he ended up saving me thousands of dollars because there actually wasn't any aluminum wiring and he just made minor repairs to bring everything up to code. Thank you Kiya

Thank you for your positive review, do not hesitate to contact us for any future electrical projects.

Dylanfly in Toronto
Dylanfly in Toronto

Electrical mistake -- luckily nothing damaged

We hired Kiya Sunrise (KS) mostly to add a secondary box our overcrowded panel. I was happy with the price and their willingness to do the job. (Some electricians wanted to double the house's capacity for thousands of dollars, but we never trip breakers and our usage is modest; so really we just needed another box.)

I was happy with everything except when we tried to use the new dryer: poof! Smoke came out the back and it stopped working. Turns out KS had treated the dryer as a 110 not a 220. We were lucky the dryer survived. To their credit, KS came back the next day to fix the issue. But they weren't apologetic about the mistake. And it gave me a pretty good scare and left me wondering about KS's precision.

Hello,
We appreciate you finding us online and detailing your experience. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences experienced throughout your project. Unfortunately, we do not have any record of your service call and we kindly ask that you reach out to us so we can resolve the issue. Based on the details you provided, using a 110v in place of 220v would result in the appliance not having enough power to turn on. At your earliest convenience, please connect with Kia by calling 416-616-4044

D Hutton
D Hutton

Pot lighting for Living room and Dining Room and minor GFCI problem

Kia was recommended to me by a good friend. My wife and I were looking for a price for Pot lights in the living room and dining room, but also we had a wiring issue with an outdoor GFCI that needed attention.
Kia booked a time with us to review our project, and arrived on time.
We discussed the cost and number of LED Pot lights required, and even added lighting in our entranceway and hallway to improve the look. 21 LED lights in total and a couple of new switches. Kia looked at the GFCI outdoor problem and assured me that it was not a major issue and could be resolved quickly.
His pricing included the lighting supplies and labour, and minor electrical repair, so no surprises at the end of the day.
He booked a day and time and actually arrived early!
His staff promptly covered the flooring and any furniture around with drop cloths and got to work. We stayed in the family room and as work proceeded, Kia would check in with us just to confirm a few things along the way,
At the end of the days Kia and the other electricians, cleaned up, swept, patched any minor holes and Kia walked around with us to confirm all the work was done to our satisfaction.
Kia is very knowledgable, he and his staff work quickly and efficiently, is fair with his pricing and easy to get along with .
I would strongly recommend Kia for any electrical job for home projects and updating. I will be happy to pass along his name to friends who need electric work done in the future.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Do not hesitate to contact us for any future projects.

Kat in Scarborough
Kat in Scarborough

Great experience

Hi! We got Kiya's contact on Homestars and requested a quote. The reply was immediate. He has always been prompt, professional and efficient. Kia added pot lights to our kitchen, a bathroom fan, connected the attic fan and upgraded our service. All quick, efficient and trouble free. We would highly recommend this company.

Thank you for sharing experience . Looking forward to help with other electrical projects.

Mike in Toronto
Mike in Toronto

New panel and hot tub hook up

Kia was recommended to me from a friend who had used his service in the past for several projects. We were installing a new hot tub and needed an upgrade to our panel and the hot tub connection. We first spoke on the phone and he came to the house shortly after. He quoted on the job which was more affordable compared to other electricians we had reached out to. He explained exactly what was needed and did let us know that there may be a cost from the Utility but that was out of his control. We appreciated that he was up front on this. He did reach out to the utility on our behalf (no additional costs were needed). He came to the house on three separate occasions to complete the work. Everything was done quickly, efficiently and to code. Kia was professional in all our interactions and we are very pleased with the work. I will definitely use him again and would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. I appreciated your feedback.

Terry L in Toronto
Terry L in Toronto

Repair light fixtures

Kiya responded promptly to my service request and came the next business day to complete the work. He is competent and very easy to get along with, honest, affordable, and was patient when an unexpected problem popped up. I would recommend him and hope to have him do work for me again. He even provided me with a referral for some renovation work I need done. Thank you Kiya!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, do not hesitate to call for future electrical needs.

Nancy in Mississauga
Nancy in Mississauga

Emergency Outside Electrical Work Requested

I contacted Kiya as well as a few other Electricians in the area on a Friday afternoon due to falling outside electrical wires at my fathers home that resulted in Toronto Hydro disconnecting the power to the home. To his credit, Kiya was the only person to answer my phone call and offered to go to the house within a few hours to look at the problem. He called me back a few hours later to discuss the work that needed to be done. When I asked for clarification on a few points (due to my lack of electrical knowledge and to the fact that I didn't understand everything he said due to his strong accent) he quickly became frustrated and hung up on
me. I cannot attest to the quality of his work as I did not use his services. However I would not recommend him due to his attitude.
Please note that I never offered him cash for an illegal installation as per his response. I would never do that for safety reasons.

I inspected the house and confirmed due to the poor condition of the wiring , the job was not a simple repair. I called back to explained a permit need it to be issue in order to proceed with the the repair.
I quoted you a fee including ESA permit and hydro connection and you did not agreed and keep insisting in giving me some cash to proceed with the ilegal connection, which I think it is unsafe due to the damage of the wire.
There was a reason for the hydro disconnection .
My company and my self are proud to follow ESA regulations and provide quality work and safety to my clients.
I will never accept to proceed with any electrical installations or repair that will cause harm to others.
Hoping you can find another electrician with high work standarts.

Mike Efford in York
Mike Efford in York

Extensive electrical upgrades throughout our home, done right

We found Kiya through HomeStars, and consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have engaged his services for extensive electrical upgrades throughout our house.

He has extensive experience leading a team working for builders and working for other contractors before opening his own business, so he knows what he is talking about, and what he is looking at when assessing a home's electrical. He is also honest in his estimates of exactly what is required to complete a project, and what is necessary vs what is optional.

Example: we called him in to replace our electrical supply and panel. We thought we would need a 200 amp service. He immediately asked why we'd need 200. Did we have an electric car, a pool pump, or other heavy current-draw items to power? None applied, so he emphatically suggested a 100 amp replacement of the box, and installation of LED lighting throughout.

We now have loads of power, safe wiring (he replaced/upgraded several dodgy connections in the ceiling of our house, invisible to us and installed by the previous owners) and a beautiful array of LED pot lights plus kitchen cabinet lighting and hanging fixtures throughout our house. He makes well-designed layout and smart product recommendations, and installs them to code, very time-efficiently. He prices very fairly.

He is a warm, personable guy, a real pleasure to work with. If you are renovating your house, get him on your team! Highly, highly recommended.

Update:
Further to the above work, Kiya saved us several thousand dollars in major excavation work when he replaced an old rusted out main power switch in our basement.

The line into our house came through an old metal pipe that fed the wire into an ancient circuit breaker switch box, preceding our new main panel. That box clearly had to go, but the complication was that the feed-in line also needed to be replaced to comply with code. In most houses the line comes through a rounded right angle pipe which allows the electrician to fish a new wire through smoothly. Not at our place. We had an elbow pipe, with a sharp right angle that made an easy threading of new wire into our house physically impossible.

A new line and pipe had to be installed, but looking at it, the only viable option seemed to be a very expensive dig at the side of the house, and our metal window casement would take a big hit and likely have to be replaced as well. Big bucks.

Kiya solved it, however. He drilled a new hole out of the basement through the concrete cinder blocks. Dead-on accurate, the hole came through to the outside at exactly the right spot to join up with a new feed-in line with an exterior smart meter. The new line is encased wthin a flexible waterproof hose which he was able to snake through the hole into our basement and properly hook up to the panel. A clever, elegant solution that saved us a lot of money.

It was then signed off by the city inspector, Hydro came and hooked it up to the street service, and we now have a safe, 100% up-to-code line into our home.

Kiya has done lots of work for us and was as always, great to work with. He is a stickler for safety, works strictly to code, bills fairly and legally, and does quality work. I just this week recommended him to a good friend, and will pass his name on to anyone who asks if we know an electrician.

TimOpel
TimOpel

Panel Replacement and a few other things

Highly recommend Kiya Sunrise! We just moved into a house and the moment I saw the electrical panel (and 2 smaller subpanels), I knew that I wanted to replace it with one new panel. The home inspection also highlighted a few issues like loose outlets and the doorbell didn't work so I wanted to get it all done in one go.

Did a bit of research here on Homestars and landed on Kiya. Gave him a call and he came by a day later early in the morning to give his assessment. He was able to very quickly diagnose the dead doorbell (silly previous owners cut the wire but Kiya was able to trace it back easily) and gave a good price to get all of the work done we wanted. Kiya also handled the Toronto Hydro permit process, as well as dealing with Toronto Hydro to pull the meter and ESA inspection of the panel when he was done.

Our job was a full day to rip out the old panel, wire the new panel, wire the doorbell again to install a Nest Hello doorbell and new chime box, plus a few other odd jobs like install dimmers, tighten loose plugs and fix a few other outlets. Kiya arrived right on time and got right to work with his partner Luis who did a great job as well. Definitely recommend Kiya! I look forward to having him back again!

More about Kiya Sunrise Electrical Ltd.

Electrician, Lighting, Electrical Wiring, Panel Upgrades...etc

Kiya Sunrise Electrical provides excellent, personalized electrical services for all types of residential and commercial work -- from replacing knob & tube in century homes to wiring brand new construction projects. With over 20 years experience, Kiya has built his business through hard, honest work, fair rates and careful attention to his many customers. The best compliment to his hard work is the number of referrals he has received through generations of families and friends who continue to use and recommend his services.