HomeStars  >  Decks in Toronto  >  Hickory Dickory Decks

Julie & Rock
Julie & Rock
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

We love our new Deck

Ibrahim & Martin are an amazing team. Delivered us friendly advice to fit our budget and with a perfect plan to our beautiful new deck that we love. They are very professional and replied to any concerns we had. And not to forget to mention with high quality products we highly recommend them.
Thank you Ibrahim & Martin we & our fur babies enjoy our new deck.

ron t
ron t
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Love our new deck

From the start, I was impressed by how well Dan explained how the deck would be built. We were given drawings, and a list of materials options that we could choose from. Dan and Kevan took great care in making everything fit together perfectly. The result is a deck that we will undoubtedly enjoy for many years.

Thank you for the review Ron.

It was a pleasure working for you.

Dan.

Construction of Second Storey Deck

I had an excellent experience with Ibrahim Mohajer of Hickory Dickory Decks. He was extremely knowledgeable, courteous and cared about creating a beautiful deck for me.

His standard of workmanship was exceptional - higher than what is actually required.

He takes a great deal of pride in his work and it shows.

Great value for the dollar.

I highly recommend him!

LRR in East York
LRR in East York

Back yard deck rebuild looks amazing

Geoff worked with us in the fall to plan out a complete overhaul of our backyard deck, we had several discussions to figure out what we wanted, and we had it all planned out to start first thing in the spring so we would get the most out of this summer. We decided to go composite wood, which was more expensive for sure but well worth it over the long term. The crew was amazing, they managed expectations very well day to day, and most importantly it looks amazing!!! Thanks to Geoff, Kozal and the crew, we love our new deck!!

Hi LRR,

Thank you for your nice review and posting the pics of your beautiful deck. The capped composite looks fantastic with the aluminum railings. Lots of parties to be had I am sure. See you again soon!

Geoff

RK in Toronto
RK in Toronto
1 review Aurora, ON

Deck design and construction

We had our deck constructed by Hickory Dickory Decks. We signed up for the project during the fall of 2017 and a timeline of April-May was given to us at the time to complete the project.

But HDD started the project in late March, much earlier than we anticipated and they were complete with it by Mid April or so.

What we now have is a beautifully constructed deck that is steady and thoroughly enjoyable to sit and relax.

Initially when we received quotes from various contractors it was clear that HDD was a bit on the higher side. Perhaps, 20-25% higher. But I feel every extra penny is worth it considering the look and feel of the deck.

Hi RK,

Thank you for your business and review. We are glad you are so happy with the project and that you get to enjoy your deck for the entire 2018 season!

Hickory Dickory Decks Management

mboto
mboto

Composite Deck- Outstanding Start to Finish

A note of thanks to Peter Chen and his outstanding team for building us a beautiful deck. Peter is a true professional--courteous, knowledgeable, patient, and personally involved in every detail. From design, to permits, to construction and follow-up, Peter and his team delivered impeccable workmanship and service. We had some hurdles with the city as we back onto a forest which caused significant delays to our project and it was at that time that Peter truly displayed why his is a top notch contractor. He was there with us every step of the way as a consultant helping us navigate paperwork, permits, even finding us an arborist for a tree assessment-- all with the utmost patience and professionalism. I would absolutely recommend Peter and his team to anyone looking for top quality work. He is among the best contractors we have ever worked with. Thank you Peter, and Erik and Summer and the rest of the crew!!

Thanks for taking the time for your thoughtful review. We strive to go beyond the average. Your deck really stands out in both design and some of the challenges. I am glad we were able to build it and give you a deck that you can enjoy for years. Have a great summer out on your backyard retreat. Sincerely Peter and the team.'

Justin in Toronto
Justin in Toronto

We didn't hire them - but they're extremely helpful and knowledgeable

We met with Peter Chen to discuss building a small deck and steps in our backyard.

Peter visited our house for a consult. He was very knowledgeable, patient, and had great ideas for our project.

Hickory Dickory Decks is a premium deck company and so was out of our price range on this particular project, but I was very impressed with Peter and the time he took to meet with us.

I will definitely be considering them for other projects in the future.

Thank you Justin for your kind words. We try and help out every customer as best as we can. Best wishes on your project.'

Regards,
Peter

Gary in Toronto
Gary in Toronto

Backyard Deck

We are very happy that we chose Bob and his team at Hickory Dickory Decks, Mississauga to replace our very old deck. Fred, Art and Andrew were very skilled, so precise with their measurements, clearly took pride in their work and were determined to make sure that we were happy with how things were looking. Bob kept in touch with us to ensure that we were happy with the final results. It was a pleasure to see them at the start of each day, always smiling with a friendly hello. We love the clean look of our composite deck which was completed in early May 2018.

Erica in Toronto
Erica in Toronto

New Deck

This review is long overdue. I called more than ten contractors to finish off a deck that was partially done by the previous owner and was getting all different versions of how it should be done. From the very beginning, Ivan Icaka (from Toronto West) gave me a sense of comfort that I'd be in good hands and I was right!
Ivan and his crew did a wonderful job with the decks and stayed within budget and timeline.
High recommended!

Hi Erica,

I am pleased to hear from you and to know you are happy with our job. To make the most of what was there, was done with your input and our ideas. Many people might go the easy way (teardown and rebuild), but by challenging ourself everyday, we find the answers to what we need. That is what we accomplished as a team in your place. Thank you too for your trust, input and ideas. Enjoy both decks. Saludos, Ivan Icaza

sarosh in Burlington
sarosh in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Honest, Reliable, Knowledgeable Staff providing great service! 11 stars out of 10!

I met Brad Arnold and Stephanie Halcrow of Hickory Dickory Decks in Waterdown, ON to seek assistance with acquiring a permit from the city for my deck which was unfortunately constructed by another contractor without a permit. Needless to say, the issue had created a lot of anxiety for me which could have been avoided had I hired the right contractor for the job. Brad and Stephanie were very knowledgeable about the city approval process and were able to step in and do a masterful job in helping me navigate the complex world of municipal by law approvals. My only regret is that I did not meet them sooner or else would have asked Hickory Dickory Decks to construct the deck for me in the first place.

Great value, great service, great people. Highly recommend.

More about Hickory Dickory Decks

We are custom builders of decks, patio decks and gazebo's, creating the ultimate Canadian backyard paradise.

Since 1987, we have satisfied over 20,000 customers with a quality custom built deck. Our team of licensed carpenters/craftsman, from over 60 locations, take great pride in every project and strive for total satisfaction.

At Hickory Dickory Decks, our aim is to be the best quality and service oriented company in the deck business.