Toronto ON M4G 2L1

Giving Back Award winnerGiving Back Awardwinner

Reviews for Hickory Dickory Decks

Elizabeth H.
Elizabeth H.

Best home renovation experience ever!

We contacted Hickory Dickory Decks (Scarborough) in the fall of 2020 and worked with Geoff over a couple of weeks to review the options/cost/timeline. He was a pleasure to work with and outlined the project in detail and provided timely responses to all our questions. It was not the most straight-forward deck because it had to be built over an existing cement staircase and patio. We booked the work in November 2020 to be completed in Spring 2021. The job started at the beginning of May. Kosal and Guillermo were on-site for almost 3 weeks. They started early and worked 10 to 12 hour days. Their attention to detail was incredible and our neighbours commented on their professionalism, work ethic and all-around friendliness. The railings were installed yesterday (on a Sunday!!) completing the job. We are thrilled with the outcome and wish these guys could do all our renovation projects. They are the real deal and I give them 10 stars!!

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for you business and taking the time to write the review. It was a challenging project but the guys did an amazing job. It looks great. I hope you enjoy it for a long time. Take care!

Geoff Aucoin

0 reviews Barrie, ON

Great service and workmanship

Arturo, Brian and Andrew created my dream deck which I will use for years to come! The attention to detail from the proposal stage through to the the actual building exceeded my expectations. I asked a lot of questions as the build was in progress and also made changes which they handled with professionalism. My composite deck, with aluminum and glass railings is beautiful and sturdy - very glad I chose Arturo and his team to work with.

James in Waterloo
James in Waterloo
0 reviews Brechin, ON

Composite Deck

My wife and I can be quite picky. Lucky for us, Arturo, Brian and Andrew, from Hickory Dickory Decks (Barrie), were easily up to the challenge. Arturo is patient and thorough, taking much of the stress out of the planning stages. Brian brings cabinetry-like skill to his carpentry which is so not the norm with deck builders. Together, the three of them transformed our forlorn wooden deck into a thing of beauty.

Dear James,

Thank you very much for the opportunity to build your beautiful low maintenance deck!

I am sure you and your family will enjoy it for years to come!

Enjoy Life Outdoors!!

Arturo

George in Richmond Hill
George in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Deck rebuild

Steve, Eric and the entire team were a pleasure to work with. We asked them to replace a 2-level existing deck. Steve worked out the specific design details from footings to railings to lighting. Eric and the team worked efficiently, with great precision, to create a beautiful deck that we enjoy every day. It is a composite deck, easy to maintain, that looks and feels great. I highly recommend Steve and Hickory Dickory Deck Aurora if you are looking for a deck that will enhance your home.

Thanks George for your business & your feedback. Your deck will be the envy of the neighborhood. What a beautiful design & build. It was a pleasure working through the idea process & clarifying options & details with you & your wife. Your attention & thoroughness definitely contributed massively to the beautiful end product. Wishing you many beautiful hours "on deck" with family & friends.

-Steve, Erick & build crew.

Amy in Richmond Hill
Amy in Richmond Hill

Backyard Deck

Steve and his team were excellent to work with. He gave us multiple options at different price points and provided his professional opinion with no pressure to upsell. We are extremely pleased with their attention to detail unique to our deck (i.e. asking if they could notch out so we had more room to turn the gas valve for the bbq and adding a plexiglass insert over a window well to allow more light). We would recommend them to anyone building a new or refreshing an existing deck (like we did).

Thanks Amy,

It was a pleasure working with you. I'm sure you'll be enjoying it until late in the season & for many years to come.

Steve Hall

S Hewa from Orleans
S Hewa from Orleans
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Beautiful maintenance free high deck done on budget and on time!

I highly recommend Hickory Dickory Decks Ottawa East to anyone for a deck project. From the first communication to the completion of the project Ibrahim has been professional. We had a high deck constructed at the back of our house and the whole family is happily enjoying the beautiful work done by Ibrahim and his team.

Here are some reasons why I recommend them for any deck project:

- They always respond when you E-mail or phone them with questions.

- They respect my time and have always been punctual to meet when we met to plan the deck project.

- Good cost and time estimates were disclosed at the start and they adhered to those estimates well even with the challenges from COVID-19.

- Knowledgeable and made great recommendations on the deck design and materials.

- Attention to detail and workmanship when building the deck was uncompromised. They take a lot of pride in their work. Even my neighbours took notice of the quality of their work.

- Left our yard clean and usable at the end of every day while working on the deck and a full cleanup of the deck and surrounding area at the end of the project leaving things ready for us to just enjoy outdoors on the new deck.

Thank you Sudarsha for your kind words and for hiring us to build your deck.

It was a pleasure working in your backyard,

The guys and I really appreciate the coffee and Pizza as well !!!

Hope you enjoy the deck for many years.

Have a great Summer !!!

Regards,

Ibrahim

Marc in Toronto
Marc in Toronto

New front patio, railings, glass

The best contractors I have ever worked with! Ivan and his team are so professional and create a superior product and experience. Ivan cares deeply and customer service and experience. If you are doing this work for the first time, he is patient to walk you through your options, quality differences and price. His crew are equally meticulous and professional. This team is really hardworking and give you the confidence your project will be everything you asked for and more. Highly recommended and I would work with this team again!

Dmytro Svirid from Brampton
Dmytro Svirid from Brampton

Pool deck build by Hickory Dickory Decks Brampton

Thank you Matt and Peter for taking care of our deck, we think it looks super good. Got couple of quotes but these guys looked the most professional of all. The deck was started and finished at the time they promised. The guys really take care of their clients and do know how to get the job done. They set us up with composite deck for our pool. If I had another deck I would hire them again. Thank you

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Deck Build

Hickory Dickory Decks (Waterdown) built a large deck, fencing, and custom gate with arbor; at my previous home about 15 years ago. When I moved into a condo townhouse, I invited HDD to quote; along with two other builders. Although HDD was not the cheapest quote, I selected HDD (Waterdown) again as a result of the workmanship quality and customer service support from the first project.

I have no hesitation recommending Hickory Dickory Deck (Waterdown) based upon my experiences. The company has since gotten three new deck build contracts as a direct result of friends and neighbours seeing the townhouse raised deck build.

Hello,

Thank you for your review and all of your referrals. I hope you are enjoying the deck!

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

Front Porch

We needed our front porch replaced, our front entrance to the property was such a sore eye, called Hickory Dickory Decks and spoke to Arturo Ortiz, immediately he was able to schedule a convenient time to meet and discuss our options.

Excellent experience working Arturo and with this company. Arturo and his crew showed up as scheduled, was very professional, patient, polite and understanding; most of all they knew exactly what to do, Arturo also advised certain precautions required before and after the job was done, he gave us more than abundant options and final result speaks for itself

I highly recommend Arturo & his crew from Hickory Dickory Decks.

Thank you very much for your nice words, we where very happy to help and enjoy life outdoors!!

Arturo

More about Hickory Dickory Decks

With franchises in over 60 cities in Canada, we’ve designed and built over 25,000 beautiful composite decks and have worked hard to earn our reputation as the best in the deck business.

To us, every project we undertake is not just a deck – it’s a Hickory Dickory Deck. That means it’s constructed to the highest standards using the best materials. It means it’s built by professional carpenters and craftspeople who adhere to the Hickory Dickory Decks philosophy and are careful to represent our brand well, every day. That means that you – our valued customer – will receive the best deck money can buy, backed by our complete satisfaction guarantee.