HomeStars  >  Decks in Toronto  >  Hickory Dickory Decks

Reviews for Hickory Dickory Decks

Sandy Bundy from Aurora
2 reviews Aurora, ON

From first meeting with Steve Hall (Aurora & Richmond Hill) until the
completion of our deck, Hickory Dickory Decks was a pleasure to work with. Steve sat down with us and listened to our needs, wants and budget. He offered suggestions, ideas and help us wade through all our options. Once he gathered all the information he went to the drawing board and put together a plan. After that we got together again and with a few changes we were excited to get started. From beginning to end Steve and his crew kept us up to date and the lines of communication open. His crew was a great group of talented people who also kept us up to date and were always available for our questions. Everything they said they would do they did and on time.

Ed
2 reviews Brechin, ON

Just dropping a quick line about our recent experience with Hickory Dickory Decks from the Barrie location. Bottom line: great team; great service; great results!

The entire process, from the original meeting with Arturo, to the actual completed build was extremely professional, courteous, and friendly. You can tell Brian and Martin (Arturo's team) take pride in their work as their attention to detail and workmanship show in the finished deck.

The composite deck, complete with the glass railing system looks fantastic and provides a great unobstructed view. Just waiting for warmer months to officially break in the deck!

Hickory Dickory Decks from Barrie has my full endorsement. Thanks guys!

ps. Arturo, Brian, Martin. If you're ever in the neighbourhood, my open invitation still stands to join me for a beer on the deck.

Dear Ed and Marlene,

Thank you for your nice words. I am sure you will enjoy years of good memories in your new low maintenance deck. It was a pleasure working with you.

Sincerely,

Team Barrie

(Martin, Brian, and Arturo)

Paul  from York

I am happy to recommend Steve Hall and his team at Hickory Hickory Decks.

From the first time we met Steve we knew we were going to have a different experience. We had talked to nearly 15 contractors in our search for a new deck. Steve was the most straight-forward and honest of any contractor we spoke with. In our first meeting Steve asked us what was most important to us and both of our responses were “trust”. Not only did Steve earn our trust in early discussions, design decisions, and negotiations he followed through on every aspect of his word throughout the build.

The team that supports Steve are top notch professionals and just plain pleasant to have around. They were responsive to any questions and where friendly and kind to my children who were fascinated by the work in progress and had many questions of their own.

The deck came out great. It turned better than we could have hoped and the experience of working with Steve and his team was one of the most positive engagements with a contractor we have experienced.

Congrats to Steve and his team for running a top notch organization.

"Thanks Paul for the detailed review. We enjoyed working with you & your family! What a great space to enjoy the outdoors.

​-​Steve ​Hall ​​& HDD team​​"

T in Mississauga

Hickory Dickory Decks built us a quality new cedar deck in 2009 and did excellent follow-up maintenance in 2017. We originally worked with Geoff Aucoin when he was the sales rep. for our area in Mississauga. He was great to work with: honest, patient, a no pressure approach, he had practical suggestions, and even coordinated seamlessly with the railing company we wanted to use because they specialized in the glass railings we wanted. Fred was the original carpenter and his precision and attention to detail meant that despite the fact that we chose to let our cedar decking age naturally, the deck still looks great, and only eight years later in 2017 did it need a cleaning and a few boards replaced in the high traffic areas, for which we were happy to work with Rob Hendricks, the experienced new sales rep. for our area. Rob was as great to work with: friendly, no pressure, professional, honest, and a very fair price for the quality work he delivered. He came back a week after the job was completed to check all was okay, noticed a couple of other minor cosmetic issues, and fixed them at no extra cost. That's service! We highly recommend Hickory Dickory Decks and will use them for our next deck project.

We had the team from Hickory Dickory Decks replace our original cedar deck (which they built 23 years ago). The new deck is Veka composite and looks amazing. The crew were friendly and professional. We couldn't be happier and would recommend Hickory Hickory Decks to anyone in the market for a quality, amazing looking deck.

Chrisnw86 in Mississauga
1 review , ON

We needed a new deck to be built along the back of our home. Approximately 75 feet long and 10-15 feet wide.

We spoke to a number of companies but felt comfortable going with Jamie and Hickory Dickory Decks. He sat down with us and went over our wants and needs for the new deck and what was realistic for our budget.

Work began earlier in 2017 and the construction was completed in less than 2 weeks. We did have to wait a few weeks for the construction of the railings which was done by another company.

We held a wedding reception in our back yard and received many compliments on the new deck. It got quite a bit of use this summer and has made it feel like a brand new space.

My wife and I are extremely impressed with the workmanship and professionalism of the crew and would highly recommend Hickory Dickory Decks and Jamie to anyone.

G M.

The old saying, “you get what you pay for”, is true. I had a great experience and received a deck, pergola and fence beyond my expectations from Hickory Dickory Decks.

Geoff maintained regular contact from start to finish. I had more than several consultations with Geoff in which the deck, pergola and fence went through several versions. Each time he understood what I wanted and provided renderings of each version along with rough estimates of cost. Once the final version was decided on he provided numerous samples of possible materials and offered some very helpful and knowledgeable suggestions throughout the entire process.
Other companies I had quote on the job offered no choice of materials or helpful suggestions.
Geoff, Kosal and his crew delivered exactly what I envisioned. They could understand my sometimes vague descriptions and translate them into reality. A huge plus is that once the build started, they continued to work on the job until completion unlike the horror stories you hear about other companies starting a build and then abandoning the customer for weeks, months or more. Whenever I contacted Geoff I always received a prompt response, sometimes within a few hours and always by the next day.
The Kosal, and the crew were fantastic. They worked hard and were always polite and pleasant, neat and tidy with a clean up every night before going home. There skill, craftsmanship, expertise, and attention to detail was amazing. Unlike other so called experts who cut corners and use inferior materials and don't seem to care how they get the job done.
You will not be disappointed using this company.
In fact I had such a great experience I had Geoff and the crew come back to replace my front porch. this past spring.
Thanks for everything.
Grant

Hi Grant,

Thank you for your continued business and for choosing us for your deck projects. Your backyard really was transformed between our work and the landscaping you had done. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Take care!

Geoff

Andrew in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

You must hire Hickory Dickory Decks! Our fence install was a very positive experience. Ibrahim spent time listening to my needs for the fence (i.e. kids and dog) and together we discussed design options and aesthetic; he gave me a quote onsite. He spent 3 part days building the cedar fence in November (in the snow too!). What he crafted was perfect and exactly what I had in mind. Our neighbours have commented on how attractive it is, which is a testament to his work. Ibrahim was a pleasure to work with. He is knowledgeable, respectful, skilled and mindful of your property. I would hire him again for future wood projects.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure building the cedar fence and I am glad the timing worked out. Although it was a bit cold with the snow it still worked out very nicely and the dog can now play in the backyard freely.

Have a great Winter.

Ibrahim

HomeStars in Toronto

We had a fabulous experience from start to finish with Arturo and his team of workers !!!! The quality of crafstmanship is outstanding and the design is beautiful ! They started our Deck on the projected start date and showed up on time everyday and worked nonstop all day ! Arturo and his workers, Brian and Martin were a pleasure to deal with ! I would recommend them 100% . Thank you Arturo, Brian and Martin for our beautiful new composite deck !!!!

Dear Sonia and Kelly,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I will make sure the team in Barrie knows how you appreciate their hard work.

We wish you years of happiness in your new composite deck!

Best,

Arturo

yrral.lm
1 review Orono, ON

Mat & his team did a fantastic job replacing my 2 decks. They were knowledgeable & courteous.
Very skilled & true professionals, highly recommend!

Hi Larry,

On behalf of my team we thank you for the kind words. We most appreciated your thoughtful hospitality. We hope you both enjoy the new and Safe space we created. ?
Merry Christmas,
From the HDD Oshawa team

More about Hickory Dickory Decks

We are custom builders of decks, patio decks and gazebo's, creating the ultimate Canadian backyard paradise.

Since 1987, we have satisfied over 20,000 customers with a quality custom built deck. Our team of licensed carpenters/craftsman, from over 60 locations, take great pride in every project and strive for total satisfaction.

At Hickory Dickory Decks, our aim is to be the best quality and service oriented company in the deck business.