HomeStars  >  Decks in Toronto  >  Hickory Dickory Decks
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Hickory Dickory Decks

david.k

Peter Gibson from HD Decks was amazing. Exceptional customer service, design, and delivered high quality work!! Very satisfied with our new deck!! It was completed in 7 days from start to finish and without any issues.

Blair in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

We contacted Steve Hall and explained we had a very tight timeline to deliver a relatively small deck around our new hot tub. No matter. Steve took it on and worked with me through the process. His staff was professional and Steve went above the call to deliver a project we were very happy with. Have already recommended them to some friends.

Thanks Blair,
We're happy we could help! Wishing you many happy moments with your lovely family! Nice working with you on the layout & design.

Steve Hall

mlinton
1 review Oshawa, ON

We found the crew very prompt, friendly and helpful with any questions we had during installation. We could not be happier with the result. They were able to find solutions to any challenges that arose.

Hello,

On behalf of the crew, Thank you for the kind words and we hope you have a fantastic summer!

Mathew

Happy Customer in
1 review Hamilton, ON

HICKORY DICKORY DECKS – 115 DUNDAS ST WEST, DUNDAS, ONTARIO

The true test of how great a company is can be determined by how they respond to glitches that sometimes inevitably happen.

I had had Hickory Dickory Decks build my deck years and years ago, and I LOVED IT, so I had them come back to do the cleaning. Last summer, when cleaning my deck, there was a malfunction with Hickory Dickory Decks’ soap sprayer (which they had been open and honest about) and its focussed spray unfortunately left a graffiti line back and forth over the privacy walls where the soap had been sprayed. While hoping the winter snow would make it fade, I wasn’t that lucky, so I called Hickory Dickory Decks back this spring (a year later) and explained my concern. To me, the deck walls looked messy with that silly line going back and forth over three of the side-wall panels. This stellar company was very responsive to my call, even though it was almost a year after the fact that they had been here. Tom came to see what I was talking about, and he acknowledged my concern and set forth instantly to address it. He had his workers pop by in a timely fashion, re-wash the deck privacy walls and re-sand them. The lines are now gone! My deck looks great again! I was so glad I had called them because those lines would have irked me forever! Their employees continue to be informative, pleasant, respectful, trustworthy, diligent workers and customer satisfaction is OBVIOUSLY still their goal.

When addressing my concerns about the lines on the side walls, Pearce and the new guy-in-training (sorry I forget his name) were both lovely. They wasted no time, and checked in to make sure I was happy with the progress and product once the problem was remedied. It was great. I was so relieved! A bottom board had also dropped as they were cleaning and they instantly brought that to my attention. I know; a racoon had been messing around at that panel, and it wasn’t the workers that did it, but it was so nice that they brought it to my attention. They were never defensive, always transparent and just informative, and I was glad that I could confirm for them that the dropped board wasn’t their mistake. It was on our "home TO DO list" to do. Darn raccoons! But it was so nice of those guys to openly bring that to my attention. Nothing is ever hidden. They want everything to be well done and they want their customers to be happy with their results. I am more than happy! My soap sprayer lines are now gone and the deck looks great again!

We love our wooden deck and Hickory Dickory Decks has been superb in helping us to keep it in great shape. I guess what I love most about this company is that they are honest, transparent, and have high standards for quality. For less reputable companies, I would have anticipated that because I had paid the bill last summer, getting them back could have been a problem, or perhaps it could have come with an additional bill. For THIS company, that didn’t happen. A year after all had been paid and done, they STILL came back to address a concern I had and they still ensured I was happy with their work and the results. No extra costs, no battles, no fuss. They stood by their word and work. They made sure I was happy with the results. I am thrilled and love this stellar company all the more! I HIGHLY recommend them.

Have them build your deck (you’ll love it), and know that they remain loyal to their customer’s satisfaction throughout the process of refurbishing and cleaning too decades later. This company has consistent high standards, quality workmanship and amazing customer satisfaction dedication. This is an amazing company! (And I am the pickiest person I know!) They truly are superb!
Ina Fournier – Happy Clean Deck Owner

Job Price

Thank you for the kind words. It is always a pleasure working for you. Glad you are happy. Enjoy Life... Outdoors!

Tom

1 review Brantford, ON

I wanted something for privacy in my backyard from the other townhouses and Will recommended a pergola. It turned out really well, finishes off the backyard nicely. Will was very professional and helpful, and explained everything. He always kept in touch with dates and times when the work was to be done. All the workers were very professional, friendly and tidy. They all did a wonderful job.

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words! It means a lot to me when our customers are completely satisfied with the work we have done, and even more so that you took the time out of your busy day to write such a nice review for us. You were a pleasure to work with!

Will

ACMohamed in Toronto

Geoff helped us achieve our goal of having our front porch rebuilt in time for the winter. We were not expecting to have to tear off our existing front porch during the summer of 2016 and were having a hard time finding a company that could fit us into their already booked up and hectic summer build season. Geoff was extremely realistic in setting the expectations in the scheduling, the cost, and the potential that pending the weather we might not achieve our target. Geoff was by far the most realistic, reliable, and honest of the more than 5 contractors who provided competing estimates (some of these estimates were over the phone without a site visit).

Luckily the weather cooperated enough to extend the fall season into November and Geoff was able to extend the building season for his awesome team to tack on our job as the last one in 2016. Despite there being some pretty cold days, and a mid-build snowfall, the deck portion was completed pre-Christmas and the railing completed during a mild patch between snowfalls. Despite this being a relatively small job (15x6) front porch, we didn't make it easy for Geoff and his team -between the weather and our less than standard railing request - not once did anyone in the team make us feel like we were being too demanding or difficult.

Unlike some other contractor experiences we have had in the past - Geoff was focused first on making sure the job exceeded our expectations, and not the payment schedule. The timing coincided with his winter family vacation - and he was emailing us about the job progress while on his vacation. The job was several weeks finished before he called to come collect the remaining payment. This speaks volumes in how Geoff values client satisfaction above all.

The quality of the work is superb. The result is a beautiful cedar front porch with a railing that garners attention from people passing by. The privacy wall blocks the wind perfectly and helps create the much needed privacy being so close to our neighbours. The inset lights on the stairs helps complete the curb appeal while also being functional.

Our neighbour let us know that we didn't have to tell her impressed we were as she was also! She works from home with her office in the front of the house and was impressed with how quiet, clean, and hardworking they were the entire time on the jobsite. I could not agree more - for not having a very large area to store the raw materials, and to work in - they did an amazing job working within the space and keeping it impeccably clean.

When it will be time to replace our back deck I will certainly be calling Geoff and his team once again!

Thank you!
Ali and Bobbi

Hi Ali and Bobbi,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write the extensive review. Your front porch turned out great. Cam and the team did a fantastic job. Especially on the railing!

Enjoy the porch!

Take care,

Geoff

HomeStars in Toronto
1 review Courtice, ON

Matthew and his team were professional, on time and on budget. Flexible as we made design changes during building process. Respectful. Kept site clean (we have three young kids). Matthew always available to talk over plans. Built a deck that everyone comments on!

Job Price

Hi Rebecca and RJ, On Behalf of my team, Thank you for the kind words that you shared. We enjoyed the time spent building your deck and your hospitality was most appreciated. Enjoy your summer!

Matthew

OrangeGirl
1 review Brantford, ON

My HD deck looks as good today as the day it was built. Hoping to have another one when I retire up north. Maintenance free. Can anything be more attractive than that?

Hello,

Thank-you for writing a review after all of this time! We are glad you have enjoyed your deck these past 14 years.

And just keep us posted on the future project and we can build you another composite/PVC deck.

Thank-you for your business!

Hickory Dickory Decks Management

jon in Brampton

Geoff started the process by visiting me at the house and explaining options, taking measurements and submitting designs. We went with a composite deck and fence from TruNorth Deck www.trunorthdeck.com, which is made in Canada and requires no maintenance in the future.

Art, Fred and Jeremy were great on site! They cleaned up every day and left the site in a safe condition so my toddler could still play after they were gone.

TruNorthDeck made a video of the whole proccess which has generated huge interest from all over the world. check it out at https://youtu.be/TGpZEdRuWds

Hi Jon,

Thank-you again for your business. The deck looks great! The TruNorth Decking you chose has a fantastic look and is great to work with as well. The video TruNorth made up is very well done. Enjoy the deck this year.

Geoff

1 review Grimsby, ON

I don`t often lend my name on internet review sites and I never rate a company until well after a job is completed.

When I do, it is because I believe my comments reflect the quality, workmanship and overall value I received. That being said, in October 2015 Kevin Beamer and Hickory Dickory Decks tore down our old deck, redesigned and installed a 2-tier deck with the top portion converted into a 3 season enclosure. We are now completing our second winter and I can unequivocally vouch that the service, commitment, quality, workmanship and value we received was exceptional!

They get my highest recommendation.

More about Hickory Dickory Decks

We are custom builders of decks, patio decks and gazebo's, creating the ultimate Canadian backyard paradise.

Since 1987, we have satisfied over 20,000 customers with a quality custom built deck. Our team of licensed carpenters/craftsman, from over 60 locations, take great pride in every project and strive for total satisfaction.

At Hickory Dickory Decks, our aim is to be the best quality and service oriented company in the deck business.