HomeStars  >  Decks in Toronto  >  Hickory Dickory Decks

Reviews for Hickory Dickory Decks

jon in Brampton

Geoff started the process by visiting me at the house and explaining options, taking measurements and submitting designs. We went with a composite deck and fence from TruNorth Deck www.trunorthdeck.com, which is made in Canada and requires no maintenance in the future.

Art, Fred and Jeremy were great on site! They cleaned up every day and left the site in a safe condition so my toddler could still play after they were gone.

TruNorthDeck made a video of the whole proccess which has generated huge interest from all over the world. check it out at https://youtu.be/TGpZEdRuWds

Hi Jon,

Thank-you again for your business. The deck looks great! The TruNorth Decking you chose has a fantastic look and is great to work with as well. The video TruNorth made up is very well done. Enjoy the deck this year.

Vanessa and Keith in Toronto

We had such a wonderful experience with Clark and his team. From the consultation to design to build phase, all interactions were professional and pleasant. Clark really elevated our ideas with his design and we are absolutely thrilled with the final result. Throughout the process, Clark's team took the utmost pride and patience in their workmanship, care and attention to detail. We strongly recommend engaging with Clark if you are planning a similar project and we hope your experience will be as positive as ours.

J.Jackson in Mississauga

A pleasure to deal with Bob Robertson. The initial interview detailed a planned layout, discussion of materials and attention to any concerns. The finished Deck which replaced an existing 2 level
one , with a well laid out one level, and Fence , has been much admired and is unique in the area. For quality of workmanship and follow up service you don't need to look any further.
Note: This Company , like many others, can be affected adversely by inclement weather ( Rain or Heat), so make sure the time you allow for the job takes this in to account.

John Cazzolli in Woodbridge

Geoff did a great job in creating a detailed sketch of what the deck was going to look like. Even with all the changes and last minute ideas, he came through with a great plan. Fred and Art executed the creation of this deck great. Even the hot summer we had and all the delays with the landscaping trying to get finished. Thanks again for the patience and getting all those changes done. Deck looks great and can't wait to use it next summer.

Hi John,

Thank-you for you business and your online review. Your entire back yard looks fantastic and I'm sure you are looking forward to actually using it next year. Take care!

Andrew and Morag in Mississauga

We would like to recommend Hickory Dickory Deck and in particular Robert Hendricks who was our sales and project manager for our new deck. We met Robert after looking at deck installers at the home show, he answered all our questions provided a quotation for service, and options that we could do to help reduce our costs by removing our existing deck and went on to further explain why our particular situation would be best covered by having s building permit due to gas line relocates, power line, and AC rerouting. Robert worked the entire process; he developed a plan and worked it through the city approval process - it was seamless on our end.

His installers were polite and attentive; the work was completed in the blazing hot summer, of 2016, with no fuss on their part. The construction of the deck from the metal pilings to the composite deck material, and craftsmanship is on a level far above his competition. On completion our deck is everything that we hoped for; the glass panels really make the deck look much larger than it is by opening up the space. We are really happy with the end product and we are more than happy to recommend Robert Hendricks and Hickory Dickory Deck without reservation.

Morag and Andrew

Doug in Markham

In late September and into early October we started searching for deck companies with the goal to replace an existing but much dilapidated 300 square foot pressure treated deck. We needed this to happen this Fall. I made contact with several recommended companies but more often than not they did not return our email or phone call OR once they came out they did not get back to us with a detailed quote. To be honest they may have been intimidated by the backyard. Firstly, one can only access the backyard 'single file' at best due to a healthy cedar hedge. This would make it problematic getting materials and equipment to the backyard. And secondly we have display perennial gardens butted up against the deck on two and a half sides. These gardens are important to us but clearly it would make it much more difficult for deck demolition and the subsequent construction.

Having said all of this Clark S. (owner of HHD of Markham) provided superb service from start to finish. His quote for the PVC deck was detailed and quickly provided. Demolition started promptly with Clark first setting up protective temporary fencing to better shield the surrounding gardens. He kept in touch regularly by text and email regarding the on-going work and any concerns or questions we had were in turn dealt with in a reasonable time frame. The main builder, an employee of Clark's was experienced and seemed to take care with his work.

The deck is now done and can be used as soon as the good weather permits.

As you can see easily infer from this write-up we would confidently recommend Clark S. and his Markham franchise of "Hickory Dickory Deck".

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your business and writing the review. You have such a beautiful garden and definitely deserves a nice deck.

Clark

emily in Mississauga

I contracted with Rob from Hickory Dickory Decks and would recommend this company. rob delivered the project with professionalism and quality service. it came in on time and in budget. Top marks Rob.

Hi Emily, thanks for your positive review. I hope you have many years of enjoyment from your new low maintenance deck.

Stephanie LaPlante in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Back in 2014, I submitted a video into the Hickory Dickory Decks Dream Deck contest. My family and I made a video showcasing the terrible condition of the deck we had, which was literally falling apart. Luckily, we rallied enough votes from family, friends and the public to end in first place. I can't even describe my excitement when I was dubbed the official winner. All I can say is, I was over the moon.

Unfortunately, there were some hiccups between the city and the company. Every time they tried to begin building, someone would shut them down. Any other company would have given up on me, but Hickory Dickory Decks didn't. For 2 years, they fought to fulfill my dream and finally got the approval. They went above and beyond with kindness.

The fun part is definitely showing off the beauty of my much bigger deck. I never actually realized how small the old deck was until I got to drive around this beauty. I can turn the corner of the ramp without getting caught, the gate ensures no more nightmares of driving down the stairs and way more room for next years BBQ! I can't wait to decorate next spring.

I hope Hickory Dickory Decks knows how much my family and I really appreciate everything they've done for us. The owners and builders were all super kind and caring. Never in a million years did I expect to have a deck this gorgeous and SAFE! A huge thank-you to everyone involved in making this happen, including those who voted for us. If anyone is thinking of getting a new deck, I highly recommend Hickory Dickory Decks!

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for posting your review and writing on your blog as well. We are glad the deck worked out so great and you now have a safe place in your yard We hope you enjoy the deck for many years to come. Take care,

Tom
Hickory Dickory Decks

Brian Laxdal in Mississauga

Kudos to the Hickory Dickory Decks Mississauga N/W team for an excellent job of replacing our deck. The price was competitive. Bob the coordinator was knowledgeable, listened carefully to our needs and was responsive. His team of builders Jason and Joe, were not only a pleasure to have at our home but left a well constructed product. Thanks guys.

Bill Hotson in Mississauga

I would highly recommend this company. After waiting for other estimates from non-existent contractors, Geoff Aucoin came through with a detailed plan and a fair price in a matter of days. My new composite deck was installed sooner than I expected, approximately one month later. Fred and Art did a fantastic job. This deck is SOLID. They are expert craftsmen shown by their quality work and attention to detail. They showed up early and worked hard all day despite the unseasonably hot and humid weather. The deck was completely finished and the area expertly cleaned within a week. I cannot be more pleased with the results.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. The Fiberon Horizon Burnt Umber colour looks great and the design worked out perfectly. Enjoy the deck and the hot tub.

Take care!

More about Hickory Dickory Decks

We are custom builders of decks, patio decks and gazebo's, creating the ultimate Canadian backyard paradise.

Since 1987, we have satisfied over 20,000 customers with a quality custom built deck. Our team of licensed carpenters/craftsman, from over 60 locations, take great pride in every project and strive for total satisfaction.

At Hickory Dickory Decks, our aim is to be the best quality and service oriented company in the deck business.