HomeStars  >  Decks in Toronto  >  Hickory Dickory Decks
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Hickory Dickory Decks

Francine Burel in Caledonia
1 review Ottawa, ON

In 2016, Ibrahim Moujaber built a beautiful deck made of composite material for us. It was a smooth and pleasant process. Ibrahim consulted extensively with us and made several valuable suggestions. We are very pleased with the end result.
This year we noticed that the light on the stairs were dim and provided uneven lighting. Ibrahim assessed the problem and immediately agreed to install a new lighting system. This was done free of charge under the one year warranty.
We wholeheartedly recommend Ibrahim's services. He will not disappoint.

Pat in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

We were so impressed with Steve from Hickory Dickory Decks. He spent many hours with us helping us decide what it was we really wanted when it came to planning our deck. He was very patient and understanding. The installation team was quick and efficient and best of all we love our new deck!

Job Price

Thanks Pat for taking the time to write a few words about your experience.
We worked through a few design versions, but in the end I think we found the right balance for your family & situation. Our build team of Erick, Elmer & Sommer are awesome & they appreciate all the positive feedback!

​-​Steve Hall​

Remo Nozid in Whitchurch-Stouffville
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

After contacting 3 deck companies, Steve was the one who was able to provide all the answers to my questions. Steve was upfront that quality comes at a price and having dealt with other contractors before, I am willing to pay a reasonable price for good quality work. Steve came and asked our needs and our lifestyle and we ended up going composite (after seeing what happens to PT with our friend's deck). The team worked well and neatly. All the work was done on schedule. My family and I are now spending more time on the deck versus our dining room. Thanks Steve.

Hi Remo,

So glad you chose us to help you make your vision a reality! We enjoyed working with you.

I see many great evenings & weekends in your future with friends & family enjoying the little joys of life.

​-​Steve Hall​

Terry in Streetsville

We are more than pleased with Hickory Dickory Deck - Mississauga NW. The team of Bob, Mack, Fred & Art displayed professionalism, expertise and hard work in every step of the operation. From contract negotiation, design, communication, tear down, building new and clean-up - they kept us informed every step of the way. They are truly deck building specialists- their workmanship and their work ethic is outstanding and it was a pleasure having them around.

1 review Kawartha Lakes, ON

I can't say I was impressed. The sales process was fine, very helpful but execution less desirable. When you pay top dollar for even pressure treated wood you expect premium. Split boards and warped boards installed when question well that's what you get when you buy pressure treated. Opted for upgraded aluminum railing, after installation scratches and nicks were pointed out and the reply was oh sorry you can touch-up with nail polish. Parts of deck are still not level, finish is ok at best. I should have known what the results were going to be when told that the deck was square and not my interlock was when in fact it was the deck that wasn't. Also the fact the way they left job site everyday and over the week-end. Messy job site messy work. At the end you can tell they just wanted to get out of the job. If things were pointed out as being unsatisfactory there was always an excuse not a sorry we will make it right. There are things still not right but i have given up, decided to fix what is left on my own. less painful.

Dear Private User,

Thank you very much for your review and comments.

We are happy to hear that our sales process was helpful to you. However, we are sorry to hear that the execution was not to your expectation.
We had followed up with the building team about the concerns in regards with the tidiness and rails. We do apologise if it was not to your standards.
Regarding the quality of the Micro Pro Sienna pressure treated lumber we cannot control any cracking, warping, or twisting of the boards. That is completely normal with this type of material as there is no warranty on wood. We did out best to select the better boards and the few that were warped and split were replaced at no cost.

Thank you again for your business and we are sorry it wasn't completely to your satisfaction.

Please should you like to talk do not hesitate in contacting us.

Sincerely,

Hickory Dickory Decks
Management

mary_mick

Fantastic job! Clarke was patient and detailed. Nothing was missed. Can't imagine a more professional job. Was completely finished on time.

Job Price

Hi Mary, thank you so much for your review. You have done a great job selecting materials and colours. It was our pleasure working with you. I hope you enjoy your new low maintenance deck for years to come. Clark S

B Perry
1 review Oshawa, ON

We couldn't have been more pleased with the process or the outcome. The team were fantastic - and a lot of fun to work with. They toiled through some really horrific weather, with lots of rain. I was impressed by how thoroughly they cleaned the site at the end of each work day. Their attention to detail and precision was outstanding. This is why you hire the professionals - they take their time and ensure that each and every element is done as well as possible.
I fully intend to spend the rest of my summer on the deck! Thanks guys!

Hello,

Thank you for the kind words and your hospitality was greatly appreciated.
Dont be a stranger if ever you need anything.
Enjoy your summer!
HDD Oshawa team

Scott Allan from Mississauga

Fred,Art,Bob,Mac are a great bunch of guys. Hickory dickory is very professional, reliable,talented and amazing customer service. Starting with Bob&Mac selecting the composite and reviewing the contract. Next with Fred and Art and their amazing carprentry skills. They built my wife and I a world class deck. I would recommend Hickory Dickory Decks to anyone. Scott & Julianna very happy Customers !

Dear Julianna & Scott,

Yours was as enjoyable a project as we’ve ever been on. You were easy to work for and the tub of cold drinks every day and the farewell breakfast was warmly appreciated. No excuse not to have a lot of fun in your backyard now. Thank you again! Bob.

Tom Eigl from Mississauga

Bob was excellent to deal with. He outlined our options and made absolutely no attempt to upsell us. We ultimately opted for one of the upmarket PVC decking options. We are thrilled with the deck. It looks fantastic and it's really solid.
Fred and the other carpenter, whose name sadly escapes me at the moment are awesome guys. We had a lot of fun with them while they were here, and they answered any and all questions with good humour. I would absolutely not hesitate to recommend these guys for any decking project.

Dear Elaine & Tom,

Fred and Art had a wonderful time in your back yard. You are great people to work for and we were very pleased how your new PVC deck looks. Looking forward to coming back for pictures. We all appreciate the kind words. Thank you ever so much! Bob.

Ray

We needed railings installed for three steps that lead up to our front porch. Bob and his crew were professional and responsive. They answered all your questions and addressed all our concerns. I'd be happy to recommend them.

Job Price

Thanks for the kind note Ray,

We were very happy with way the rail turned out and the colour you picked matches great. My dog and I walk past them every day.

Thanks again,

Bob.

More about Hickory Dickory Decks

We are custom builders of decks, patio decks and gazebo's, creating the ultimate Canadian backyard paradise.

Since 1987, we have satisfied over 20,000 customers with a quality custom built deck. Our team of licensed carpenters/craftsman, from over 60 locations, take great pride in every project and strive for total satisfaction.

At Hickory Dickory Decks, our aim is to be the best quality and service oriented company in the deck business.