Fyfe's Roofing

Reviews for Fyfe's Roofing

Sherri in Whitby
Sherri in Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

They don't stand behind their work.

Fyfe did my roof in Nov of 2017. I paid approximately $7500 dollars then and originally gave them a glowing review on Homestars.

This is the review for their post-sale support and what you can and can't expect from them after they have your money.

In the March of 2018 I started having water pouring into my basement. I called Fyfe and told them what had happened.

To their credit, they did send someone over to look but I wasn't home.
They immediately claimed that the downspouts were blocked and that it wasn't their fault. Rather than calling me to tell me, they told my daughter.

This was on a tiny porch roof....around 70 sq feet, with 2 downspouts. It was not the main roof of the house.

I hired someone to come look at the problem. Turns out the 2 downspouts were full garbage that Fyfe didn't clean up... plastic bag pieces from shingle bags, cut pieces of new shingles, old shingle pieces, wood chips and my favourite, cigarette butts.

A year later, I still have a mostly intact plastic shingle bag hanging from the top of my crab apple tree that I can't get down.

I am attaching pictures of some of the debris from one of the 2 spouts. I didn't take pictures of the grass growing in the gutter this spring after they claimed to have cleaned it out or the crap that came out of the second downspout.

I have owned this home for 22 years and have never had a problem with blocked downspouts...ever.

This fiasco cost me $3000 of water damage in my basement, 2 weeks of cleanup plus a front garden being ripped out.

My experience with Fyfe in 2018 totally wiped out any positive feelings I had.

I am so disappointed that they do not have any kind of workmanship guarantee or followthrough.

I cannot recommend them.

Hi Sherri,

I'm really sorry you feel this way. However, we stand behind our workmanship 100%. When you called, I, Mike Fyfe, as the owner checked the roof myself. The workmanship on your roof was impeccable.

I noticed that the downpipes were clogged. I let your daughter know that they needed to be cleaned out and you needed new eavestrough and downpipes and also told her to have you call me. It is not our responsibility to clean out your downpipes.

Upon completion of your roof I do recall being onsite and seeing my worker clean out your eavestroughs which were completely full, from lack of maintenance.

Clogged downpipes are caused by many reasons but would not have been our responsibility. This could be due to the lack of maintenance on your property. We are unable to see inside the downpipes when we do the job, which is also not our job. Your downpipes were over 20 years old and also too small for your home. Over time debris will build up if not maintained properly. Like the example we see in your pictures. The added debris may have been from the poor workmanship of the other company you hired for your lower level roof.

When you do replace your eavestrough we recommend you get a leaf guard considering the big apple tree in your yard.

If you had called me back after my inspection I would have greatly helped you out. If there is anything else that our company can do for you, let us know, we are here for you.

Sincerely,

Mike Fyfe,
Fyfe's Roofing

Rob in Pickering
Rob in Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Roofing Replacement after wind storm

Lost a a lot of shingles after the windstorms that hit earlier in the year. After getting the run around with insurance for close to 5 months we were able move ahead on this job.

Mike and his team were recommended by a friend and were a welcome change from the frustration that we were experiencing for all other parties that we dealt with.

The team arrived promptly and worked into the evening on a couple of the hottest days of the summer. Time will still tell, but the roof looks top notch, crew was very friendly and courteous, did a great job on the clean up and finish.

Thank you so much for the job and thank you for taking your time and putting a review up.
Your house looks amazing

Jerry
Jerry
1 review Oshawa, ON

Shingle Replacement

Mike called a couple days in advance. Courtesy call and notice appreciated. He and his crew arrived early in the morning and were done by the afternoon. A friendly and appreciative crew. Mike had me come onto the roof and see the work close up, that his crew had done. He and his crew were able to answer all my questions. We've had a few days of showers since and there are no issues. The shingle pattern we chose looks great and am looking forward to appreciating the look in the years to come.

Thanks a lot for the job and thanks a lot for putting the reviewe up.

B from Courtice
B from Courtice
2 reviews Courtice, ON

New Shingles!

I've been dealing with Mike since the windstorm early in May 2018. I called Mike that day because the wind ripped shingles off my 4-year old "builder" roof. Mike and his team were out early the next morning to patch up the holes with new shingles. He pointed out all the other damage the wind did to the roof and suggested I speak to my insurance co. The insurance co. agreed with everything Mike pointed out and agreed to fix the roof. Mike came by and clearly showed the difference between my shingles and the quality ones he installs and explained the warranty. I was heading away for a family vacation and Mike and his tea installed while we were away, it was great to come home to a beautiful new roof! It's also great to be able to sleep at night during the frequent intense storms knowing I have nothing to worry about with the roof above our heads. I'd recommend Mike to anyone, I appreciate all the help Mike!

Thanks a lot for putting up the review and thanks a lot for the job.

Jessica in Pickering
Jessica in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Roof Re-Shingling

Our roof was approximately 15+ years old and after the windstorm in May 2018, we lost around 8 shingles, exposing bare plywood. As you can imagine, after the windstorm and the damage it caused, all the roofing companies were very busy and it was difficult to get anyone to come out. After reading the excellent reviews about Fyfe’s Roofing on Homestars, I decided to give them a call and Mike answered right away and came out the very next day to look at our roof and give us an estimate. We were so impressed with Mike’s professionalism, coming out so quickly, answering all our questions regarding installation, product and warranty and competitive estimate. Mike and his crew even came out the very next day to temporarily repair our roof before another rainstorm came to make sure no further damage happened to our home. And they did the repair with actual shingles, not a tarp! On the day of the actual roof re-shingling, Mike and his crew were punctual, extremely professional completing the job and they did a great job with the clean up after the work was done. Our new roof looks FANTASTIC and we are extremely pleased with Fyfe’s Roofing workmanship, product and service! Mike and his crew are a pleasure to work with and we would recommend them to anyone looking for a new roof or repair! Thanks for everything Fyfe’s Roofing!

Thanks a lot for taking your time to put a review up and thanks so much for the job.
Your house looks awesome

Andrea G. in Ajax
Andrea G. in Ajax
5 reviews Ajax, ON

Very satisfied customer here ... again.

We used Fyfe's last year for a sudden leak to our roof and were impressed with the immediate response, quick fix, friendliness, and professionalism.

When the awful windstorm this past May blew off a bunch of our 17 year-old shingles, Fyfe's was our preference. Our insurance company sent out their own contractors, who did the initial emergency patch, took the measurements for an entire new roof, and gave us a quote. Our insurer sent us a cheque to cover their guys' estimate. The rep said we could use whichever contractor we wanted and keep any remaining funds.

So, without hesitation, we called Fyfe's and their quote was well below the insurance company's. Knowing we could trust them, we jumped at the chance to use Fyfe's again. Their commitment to keep us posted with any developments, do a great job on the roof, protect and clean up our property, and make sure we were satisfied was above and beyond our expectations. Mike is a gem and takes great pride in his company. He truly aims to please. We would highly recommend Fyfe's to family, friends, and strangers.

Thanks again, Mike!

Thanks a lot for the job and thanks a lot for taking your time and putting the review up.

Jordan in Mississauga
Jordan in Mississauga
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Repaired our fascia

Mike replied quickly to my request and sent out a professional roofer to fix the fascia that had ripped off during the wind storm. He was done in less than an hour and we are very pleased with the results. Will recommend to my friends and family!

Thanks a lot for the job and thank you so much for putting the review up.
Fyfesroofing

John T. in Whitby
John T. in Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

A New Roof

During this past winter, I realized that the roof on my house was in dire need of repair. My first step was to request a quote via HomeStars. Mike responded to my request immediately and we determined a time for him to come and inspect my roof. Mike is very personable and professional. During our face-to-face meeting, he explained clearly the work required and set a very fair quote. He returned a few days later with several samples of shingles to compare to the brick of the house before the order was made. On the day of the work, the crew arrived on time as did all of the materials. Mike was present to supervise the onset of the task. He had to leave periodically to check the work being done on several other job sites. Despite the boss being gone, the crew completed the work very efficiently without constant supervision. At the end of the day, I was most impressed with the cleanup as it appeared as if no work had ever been done - no nails or shingle pieces anywhere around the house or gardens. Mike took me up on to the roof to inspect the workmanship, including some extras not included in the quote. They say "You get what you pay for", and I now have an amazing new roof combined with an excellent experience from start to finish. Thanks Fyfe's Roofing!

Thanks a lot for the job and thanks for putting the review up. Your house looks amazing.

David L. from Pickering
David L. from Pickering
8 reviews Pickering, ON

Reshingle Roof

Last December I contacted Mike after noticing moisture on the roof sheathing when I was up in the attic. Mike was quick to reassure me that it was likely minor and nothing needed to be done immediately. We followed up with a formal quote in February while other roofing companies were still snoozing or "on christmas holidays". While in the freezing cold February, Mike did a visual inspection of the roof including identifying all deficiencies and provided a competitive quote for replacement in the spring.

Mike exceeded in all of the aspects of my decision process which was having excellent reviews and a competitive price. Even better was that he had done literally dozens of houses in the neighborhood and saw the excellent work in place already. It was a no-brainer.

Yesterday Mike and his team showed up before 8:30a, making sure to protect my interlock driveway with additional pads and tarps, which I knew was a sign of a great contractor. Rest of the day his crew did an amazing job of removing old and installing the new shingles, always respecting and protecting around the house and my neighbor's house. I was at home and watched as he kept in close contact by phone and visiting numerous times through the day to ensure a great job was done.

Going from an ugly red shingle that I bought into and transition to two-tone black has transformed the house and it looks amazing.

Mike and his crew were the best and give these guys another 10+ star review.

Thanks a lot for the job and thank-you for taking your time and putting a review up for us.
Your roof looks great !

Sue25 in Ajax
Sue25 in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

New Roof

Kudos to Mike and his amazing crew for showing up so quickly and helping me with a new roof after that terrible windstorm that came thru and providing a temporary solution before the icestorm until the weather improved enough to get the roof complete. Nice job cleaning up not only my area but my neighbors as well. Love my new roof and so do the people who pass by!!!

Hi thank you so much for the job and thank you so much for taking your time to put the review up.
Your roof looks amazing

More about Fyfe's Roofing

We are a family owned and operated residential and commercial roofing and siding contractor. We were established on the principles of providing outstanding service, quality workmanship and superior professionalism in all that we do.

We are fully licensed and insured, offering free estimates with competitive pricing, and a comprehensive 10-year workmanship guarantee. Throughout the duration of every project we take on, whether a simple repair or complete renovation, we are committed to timely, efficient job completion without compromising quality or cleanliness.