height="1" width="1" style="display:none"src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=133447444007410&ev=PageView&noscript=1"

Clera Windows And Doors By Fm Industries

Head Office - 31 Pennsylvania Ave. Concord ON L4K 5V5
Clera Windows And Doors By Fm Industries

Reviews for Clera Windows And Doors By Fm Industries

Helena
Helena
1 review Sunderland, ON

Window&door retrofit

Windows are beautiful ! Made 40yr old dated bungalow looks new again. Steve our sales rep was knowledgeable,professional, and honest...didn't sell me what I didnt need. Alexey and his installation team were maticulos. Worked in -16c temp and didnt leave till the last detail was taken care of!

Helena, we are so pleased that you're happy with our products and installation. We truly appreciate your kind words!

dl_carruthers in Toronto, Ontario
dl_carruthers in Toronto, Ontario
1 review Stayner, ON

10 years and still honouring warranty

We had 13 large casement style windows and one 6ft patio door replaced back in 2009. The install went very smooth and quickly, which we really appreciated, as we had them changed in February! there was a little work to be done to fit the patio door as it wasn't a perfect fit from the one that was replaced, but they made the adjustments quickly. I have to admit I was a little concerned that the caulking on the exterior would not adhere in the cold weather. 10 years and no cracks or separation. Over the 10 years, we have, on a couple of occasions, we've contacted customer service for some replacement part, crank handles, which our kids seem to use a lot in there bedrooms. Service has always been prompt and easy to deal with, and a tech has been to our home to repair the handles quickly. Of course the replacement parts are covered under warranty with no cost to us. I have just contacted Ryan at customer service to replace a handle and a plastic tab that's part of the locking assembly. I sent him a couple of pictures of what I need, he is couriering the parts to my home immediately. Can't ask for better than that!! Like I said, 10 years after install and Clera/FM windows is taking care of there products. Thanks for standing by your products!!

DL Carruthers, we wish to thank you for your review. We love to hear from our customers and we're happy that you had a great experience with our company. Thanks again!

Mohit in Toronto
Mohit in Toronto

Windows and Garden door

Got changed 6 bedroom windows ,garden door and 2 basement windows.
Company stands behind its products and follows up any issues promptly....Mr.Adam the sales gentlemen is great and had queries and issues resolved promptly...Very much impressed ..thanks

Dear Mohit, It's always nice to read positive input from a satisfied customer. Thanks for taking the time to write!

jason.britton
jason.britton
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

New window replacement

Steve our sales rep was amazing. Great follow up on the work, same day and a week later! The installers were extremely polite and tidy which was important to us with 2 young kids and pets. Very happy with the overall experience.

We love to read happy review on the HomeStars site, Jason. Thank you for your valued input.

D.williamson in Whitby
D.williamson in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Replaced all the windows. John Van den Broek was great, if I had to call back he was always willing to come out and take a look. He is very dependable and professional. So is Cindy back at the WHITBY office

We had upstairs windows replaced and two on main floor a few years ago if I had it to do over I would definitely go for triple glazed on top floor. Then last year we had three windows replaced..one front and two sides with grids they are triple glazed and are beautiful. John helped us get the government grant and we were pleased, the installer was great too.

D.Williamson. It's always gratifying to read great customer feedback and your review put a smile on our faces. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review for Clera!

Private User reviews Hanover, ON

Windows and one front door

My husband and I were totally satisfied with our new windows and front door. The service was excellent. The people were very friendly and easy to work with. Barry and Jordan were extremely professional and efficient and on schedule. And the price was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend Clera Windows & Doors to do your next renovation. Emily from Hanover Ontario.

We love satisfied customers. Thanks for the great review!

dissapointed in Woodstock
dissapointed in Woodstock
1 review Woodstock, ON

Warranty not upheld, defective window

We got all 6 windows from Clera, the instalation was good, they did a good job but after 6 months one of our windows was difficult to open. The window is awning style and the weatherstrip is getting caught on the lock mechanism when opening the window. It took numerous phone calls and emails to get anyones attention, finally 6 months later the sales person came out, took pictures and said it was a defect from the factory and they will contact me from manufacturing office. I have not heard from anyone since.
I would not recommend this product or this company to anyone.

Dear customer, We apologize for lack of communication between our local branch and customer service dept. Our local branch has already reached out to you and we have agreed to replace the window in question for you. We will train our staff to be more proactive and take action in a timely manner. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us get better in after sales service. Thanks - Clera Admin

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Front Door Replacement

Clera was terrific from the start. Great customer service; friendly, fast responses from the Sales Manager and team. Great products. Installation crew was clean, efficient and pleasant. Highly recommend Clera.

One of our favourite things is to start our day with a lovely HomeStars review. Thanks so much for your!

Muneeb in Toronto
Muneeb in Toronto

Windows Installation Etobicoke

I had a great experience with Alex and Muneeb. They did a wonderfull job at my house near Lakeshore in Etobicoke. When there was anything I needed whether it was a question or service they respnded back on time. Highly recommend this company and its staff

Welcome to our ever-expanding group of happy customers, Muneeb! Awesome review. Thank you.

Kathy
Kathy
1 review Chatham Kent, ON

DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY

Update: After posting this review, the salesperson called me and came out this week to my home. He then called and said that he spoke to the vice president and that he said they will send someone to fix everything and asked if I could take down this review. I don't feel comfortable taking it down until they actually do resolve the issues. If they do, then I will come back and further update it and then I will change my review.

Please beware of this company!! I ordered windows last year and they took many months to come and install.
They did a poor installation and my windows are sticking out of my house and look terrible.
They ripped off my vapor barrier and did not attempt to replace it. They left it all over my yard and left nails all over my driveway.
I had to call the salesperson to tell him that they must replace the vapor barrier they tore off my house. They were putting the siding back on without putting the vapor barrier back on.
They did not use drop cloths inside and had dust all over my kitchen and new oven. The installer ripped the plastic wrap around all my insulation around the walls of the windows and pulled out the pink insulation and threw it on my kitchen counters and floors. I brought the installer a plastic bag to put it in, thinking they didn't have one and he said: We have some. But they never used it. They just threw the insulation on the floor. They broke my drywall when they were cutting around the window opening. They got lots of drywall in my sink. No attempt to clean up either. The dust caused my respiratory condition to worsen and I was so sick the entire summer that I couldn't even go out to enjoy it, I had to stay in and rest and everytime I went to open my windows it was a major struggle. It is so depressing.
The two windows have noticable cracks in the sash that the installer tried to cover up with a paste. One of the windows, the largest, came with holes in it (see photos) and with a bad welding at the corners.
The windows are extremely difficult to open. Even the installer was complaining about it and he took a whole day for him and his assistanct to install one window because he spent so much time trying to loosen it.
All 3 windows are extremely difficult to open.
I am disabled and have a serious illness and am barely able to afford these windows, but I put them on credit because I wanted to be able to have new windows to open during the nice weather to make me feel better.
Now it is like as if I got old windows and paid all this money for nothing.
Now I am left heartbroken at the bad install, and poor windows.
I have been so sick and having to deal with this for the past 8 months since install has been devastating and extremely stressful.
I contacted Clera multiple times in all these past few months. I also emailed them. Finally the salesperson came to see the windows and he took photos and said sorry about the way they were installed and that they will take care of it. But they didn't from May all the way to now.
Then I called and emailed again and again and no response. Finally after months, I called again and emailed and the salesperson kept saying that he passed it on to the manager and that the manager would call. He never did. The 3rd email asking about when the manager was going to call, the salesperson wrote back and promised monday. Monday came and went and I emailed him again and this time he blocked my email.
I called Clera and spoke to a rep and she gave me the number of the manager. I called him and he ignored my calls. I kept calling. He called back and asked me to email him photos. I did and he called back and left me a voicemail. I tried calling him back for days and he didn't answer and didn't call me back. Then I emailed him a couple more times and he finally called back and said he would fix it. That was 2 months ago.
It is now January 2019 and my windows were installed May 2018. They still have not resolved this. All these months, I have had to sit here with bad looking walls because I couldn't get them painted until they resolve the window issue. This has all been a nightmare.
They claim to be a family owned business and they tout their own horn and brag about a lifetime warrranty, yet they won't even resolve an issue the same year that it happened.
I am so sick. So heartbroken.
I cannot believe how unprofessional they have behaved. I think my next option is to go to the news with this.
PLEASE think twice before you use this company. I don't want anyone else to feel so heartbroken and depressed from their terrible "service".

Dear Kathy, we are extremely sorry to hear about your experience with Clera windows and doors. We have spoken to our local branch and they are meeting you on Thursday and go over outstanding issues. As per local branch, they have been in touch with you several times since installation and waiting for some parts to finish up the service calls. Thanks - Clera admin

More about Clera Windows And Doors By Fm Industries

Clera Windows + Doors by FM Industries has been manufacturing and installing windows and doors throughout all of Ontario since 1978. They add beauty and value to nearly 1000 homes every month and can easily service the entire province via one of their 37 sales and installation offices.

Clera Windows + Doors has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best 50 Privately Managed Companies and the City of Vaughan’s Company of the Year. Clera was recently awarded the Houzz service award for 2014 and is a proud recipient of the Homestars Best Award for 2012 and 2013. Add to these achievements a stellar A+ Better Business Bureau rating and you’ll understand why Clera Windows + Doors is the best choice for new windows and doors for your home.

We manufacture. We install. You save.

Toronto, East York, Stratford, Goderich, Oshawa, Essex County, Pembroke, Ottawa East, Ottawa West, Kitchener, Orangeville, Welland, Barrie, Newmarket, Peterborough, Belleville, Cobourg, Kingston, Brantford, Guelph, Oakville, Mississauga, Kanata, Brockville, Woodstock, London, Cornwall, Burlington, Hamilton