Drain Services

Reviews for Express Rooter Plumbing

David Betts in
David Betts in

Drain Repair

My family and I returned from Christmas vacation to discover sewage coming up from our floor drains in the basement. In a panic, we started calling different plumbing companies. ExpressRooter was the only company that provided a live person who actually answered the phone! They sent out a plumber within a couple of hours, who cleared our drain with a snake, took a camera inspection and left us a quote for further work to be done. We decided we didn’t want to go through another backup, so we had them excavate in our basement and repair the problem. They left the basement absolutely clean and the way they found it and the drain has not given us any more problems. Thank you ExpressRooter Plumbing!

Thank you David. We're glad we were able to help. Feel free to call us any time to serve your plumbing needs!

NHT2016
NHT2016

Horrifying experience

Our experience was so bad we had to write a review.

On the morning of January 21, 2019 (between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.), I contacted Express Rooters Plumbing via its online messaging system to request a quote for the thawing of frozen pipes. I was advised that Express Rooters charged a flat fee of $450.00 plus HST for the said service and that the earliest available appointment time was between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. I had spoken with other plumbing companies who were available to attend our home at earlier times in the day, but I chose to go with Express Rooters Plumbing, as I liked that it offered a flat rate for the service.

In order to accommodate the scheduled arrival of the plumber (i.e. between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.), I was required to collect my 1.5 year-old from daycare early so that I could be home for when the plumber arrived. My husband, daughter and I waited at home between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Nobody attended our home, nor did they call to advise that they were running late. Thus, I was required to follow-up with the company around 7:00 p.m. to inquire about the plumber’s whereabouts. I was advised that he was running behind and that he would be attending our home in approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.

By 8:15 p.m., nobody had attended our home, nor had they contacted us to advise that they would be late. At approximately 9:00 p.m., I followed up with Express Rooters Plumbing again and was advised that the plumber would be at our home in 15 to 20 minutes. The plumber arrived at approximately 9:30 p.m.

Upon arriving at our home, we explained to the plumber that the pipes leading to the basement bathroom and the second floor bathroom seemed to be frozen. The plumber examined the pipes and explained that he believed that the pipes leading to the second floor bathroom were plastic and that our best option was to warm up those pipes with a hairdryer, as he would not be able to thaw them with his equipment. He further advised, however, that he would be able to thaw the pipes leading to the basement bathroom, as they were made of copper. He said, that he would thaw the pipes for $500.00. He further explained that the longer we waited to thaw the pipes, the higher the risk that they could burst. At this point, it was approximately 10:00 p.m. at night. My husband signed the invoice.

While the plumber was thawing the pipes in the basement, I cut a hole in the drywall in the upper half of the home, so that I could start blow drying the plastic pipes. At that time, I discovered that the pipes in the upper half of the home were copper as well. My husband went down to the basement and advised the plumber that we had discovered that the pipes in the upper half of the home were copper. The plumber finished thawing the pipes in the basement at approximately 10:45 p.m.

When the plumber came upstairs, he examined the pipes and suggested that we cut another hole in the wall and that we continue to attempt to warm up the pipes with my blow dryer. When I asked him if he could use his tools to thaw the pipes, he advised that it would cost us an additional $300.00. When I explained that I had been quoted the amount of $450.00 plus tax for the thawing of all of the pipes, he advised that my husband had signed the invoice and that the invoice didn’t make reference to the pipes on the second level of the home. At that time, I advised him that I was going to call Express Rooters Plumbing to discuss the discrepancy.

In response to my comment about calling Express Rooters Plumbing, the plumber advised that there was no one there to take the call. When I explained that I was aware that the company had an after-hours service, he advised that the people who answered the after-hours phone only spoke Russian. He then offered to complete the job for an extra $200.00 and then suggested that he complete it for an extra $150.00. I told him that I wasn’t agreeing to that and called Express Rooters Plumbing. An English-speaking representative answered the phone and told me that someone with the authority to discuss pricing would get back to me right away. [I did not receive a call back].

Following my phone call with Express Rooters Plumbing, the plumber agreed to complete the job for the price included on the invoice (i.e. $500.00) signed by my husband. I advised him that I still wasn’t comfortable with that, as I had retained the company on the basis of the original price quoted, but agreed to have him proceed, as it was 11:30 p.m. and the pipes were still frozen.

The plumber completed the job at approximately 12:20 a.m. Before cleaning up; however, he added a couple of sentences to the invoice that had been signed by my husband and asked me to sign it again. At that time, I asked if I could add a sentence regarding the original amount that I had been quoted by Express Rooters Plumbing (i.e. $450.00). He told me that the invoice could not be changed. I explained to him that I had just watched him change the invoice since my husband had signed and enquired as to why I couldn’t add a sentence. Eventually, he handed me the pen and told me that I could add a sentence in the bottom portion of the invoice. As I was writing a sentence, however, the plumber ripped the pen out of my hand and told me that I couldn’t write any further. This behaviour was shocking and somewhat intimidating (I’m fairly petite). After some discussion, the plumber let me have the pen back and I finished my sentence. From there, I provided him with my credit card information, which was written down on the invoice. He did not leave me with a copy of the invoice.

After the invoice was signed, the plumber began cleaning up. As he was gathering his supplies, he asked our tenant how she could live with us. When he came upstairs, the plumber made some comments to my husband, including the statement, “you are not a man”. He then left our home at approximately 12:35 a.m.

On January 23rd, I am following up with respect to the email that I sent on January 23, 2019 regarding my grievances and request for compensation.

On January 23, 2019, I sent an email to Express Rooters Plumbing regarding my discontent as I had not been able to connect with anyone by telephone. I received a voicemail message later that day wherein I was advised that the company would be investigating my complaint and following up with me shortly. A call back number was not included within the voicemail message. Despite a subsequent email message I sent Express Rooters Plumbing on January 31st, I have not heard from anyone since.

We are sorry you had a bad experience. We would like to discuss this at greater length. Please call our office at 416-233-2660 anytime. We will be glad to talk about this experience.

Residential Plumbing jobs

We had several repair jobs done recently by ExpressRooter. The work was quickly and effectively done by the plumber Vlad, who was knowledgeable and made certain we understood the nature of the repair.s. Office staff were friendly and very helpful. We will have absolutely no hesitation in using this company again for our plumbing needs, or in recommending their extremely competent service to our friends and family.

Thank you for your kind words. We will pass them along to Vlad and look forward to serving your plumbing needs in the future.

Dani12345 in Toronto
Dani12345 in Toronto

Kitchen sink and emergency shut-off installation

Part of reno-ing the kitchen, we needed our old sink disconnected and a new one hooked up. Vlad came it two visits at a time of our convenience and completed all the work as expected. He was very nice, attentive to detail, and thoroughly explained everything to us including how the estimates were broken down. I felt that we got great service at a very reasonable price, and will use this company (and hopefully Vlad!) for any plumbing work in the future. As well, the team in the office was always available and a pleasure to work with.

Thank you Dani. We're happy that you were pleased with Vlad's work and look forward to working with you in the future!

Kelly in Oakville
Kelly in Oakville

Drain Backup

We had our basement(bathroom) drains back up 6 months ago and another company come to snake the issue that was to solve the problem only to have it happen again 5 months later. This time we called Express Rooter Plumbing and they came out very quickly. Our service tech Tony was excellent. Very thorough and properly diagnosed the issue with a camera inspection of the pipes. Roots from trees under the cement were growing into the old pipes and blocking them. They came a day later to do excavation and replaced a 5ft section to help resolve the issue. Excellent service and would highly recommend Express Rooter Plumbing.

Thank you, Kelly. We're always happy to help and look forward to serving all your plumbing needs in the future.

David Merenda in Toronto
David Merenda in Toronto

Stack Replacement

I have been dealing with another plumbing company for years. After repeated backups in the basement, that company came and replaced my outside sewer drain. Everything worked fine. A couple months later, I started having backups again. I called the same company and they installed a new drain inside. I thought we were finished. Within the first month, I was getting backups again when running the washing machine or using the laundry tub. This time I called Express Rooter. Jason ran a camera inspection and said that the drains installed by the other company were fine, but they had neglected to notice that the bottom of my cast iron stack was rusted out and collapsed. Jason recommended replacing the stack and the bottom (beneath the floor) with a plastic pipe. The job was finished in one day and the fellows did a great job of cleaning up. That was 6 months ago and I haven’t had a problem since. I would definitely recommend this company.

Thank you, David. It was a pleasure doing business with you and we look forward to helping you with any future plumbing needs.

David Fedrico in Mississauga
David Fedrico in Mississauga

Drain backup

We woke up to a terrible smell and discovered that sewage was backing up from our floor drain in the furnace room. We called ExpressRooter Plumbing and they had a plumber on site within the hour. The plumber ran a camera inspection and showed us that our clay drain in the basement had cracked and separated. They had a crew on site first thing the next day, repaired the drain and re-cemented the floor. The plumber and his crew were very quick and courteous and made sure to clean up the work area. I would highly recommend ExpressRooter Plumbing.

Thank you, David. It was a pleasure doing business with you. We look forward to servicing any future plumbing needs.

Lee A. in
Lee A. in

Shower faucet repair

My shower faucet would no longer give me any hot water, so I checked Homestars for plumbers with good reviews and found ExpressRooter Plumbing. Their plumber, Tony arrived and opened up the faucet. He had never seen this make or model before, and it had no markings at all. Tony took pictures and said he would go back to the office and research what it was. The office called me later in the day and said they could source the parts for me, but there were no Canadian distributors and it would take approximately a week. As I have another shower I told them to go ahead and order the parts after paying a small deposit. As promised, a week later I got another call and Tony came back with the parts and replaced the faulty ones. It’s rare to see that kind of commitment from trades people these days. I would use ExpressRooter again without question.

Thank you for your review, Lee. Some jobs are more challenging than others with so many makes and models of plumbing fixtures. We always try our best to identify and source parts to get the repair done. Sometimes there is a wait involved (especially with non-domestic fixtures) and we are happy to do our best to find and secure the parts as quickly as we can.

Lucas C.  in
Lucas C. in

Sump pump

My sump pump gave up the ghost during a pretty heavy rainstorm, causing quite a mess in my basement. I called ExpressRooter Plumbing who sent Juri with only an hours notice to assess the problem. He determined the motor was burned out and I would require a new pump. He offered to go out and get me one then and there, come back and install it. The entire procedure took less than 2 hours and I was up and running again. I would definitely recommend this company.

Thank you Lucas. We always try to fix our customer's problems as quickly as we can. We look forward to serving your plumbing needs in the future!

Alvaro from Oakville
Alvaro from Oakville

Initial visit

Called on Friday to book an appoint for Saturday. A very polite gent set me up. Came Saturday and they never showed up. I called twice within the 2 hour window they indicated but nothing. The operator felt uninterested or tire or high. I never got a phone back.

So 30 minutes after there time limit a very polite young guy came to do the job. I thought he did a good job until left. The copper pipes job he did started to burst water, draining from the second floor shower down between the walls down tonthe celing of the first floor. I called again and they promptly, within 30 mins, the young lad came back and fixed the problem.

Thank you for your review Alvaro. We have made efforts to contact you, but have not been able to do so yet. We are always happy to discuss any and all concerns our customers may have in order to resolve the situation to their satisfaction. Our goal is to always make our customer happy. Please contact our office. The owner of the company would very much like to hear from you.

More about Express Rooter Plumbing

Plumbing, Drains, Drain Services

If customer service is important to you, you have come to the right place. ExpressRooter's experienced, professional, and courteous staff knows what it takes to get the job done right. We offer a full range of supplies and services that are customized and tailored to fit your specific needs. Services include waterproofing and emergency plumbing in Toronto, Mississauga, Burlington and Oakville.