HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Toronto  >  ExpressRooter Plumbing

Reviews for ExpressRooter Plumbing

Patrick  from Toronto

I have a duplex & kitchen faucet broke called express & explained very clearly to the phone dispatcher the scope of work would be both the kitchen & a bathroom faucet and how much would it be approx for both. He said on the phone: about $2-300 for the job but the plumber on site would quote exactly. I asked their hourly price he said it's always quoted per job. So plumber shows up & quotes me $800 almost for both!! My jaw hit the ground. Bad customer service being so off base on the initial quote & my god how can it be over $700 to install two faucets (a 2 hour job - that's almost $400 per hour). My other plumber will do both for about $300. Anyways since I didn't want my tenant to be without a kitchen sink for another week. I went ahead with the kitchen faucet replace for $300. My advice shop around for a plumber that charges by the hour ($100 or so per hr is reasonable). The prices I experienced were ridiculous. The plumber was competent but not great also.

Hello Patrick, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We want to first apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. At ExpressRooter Plumbing, our pricing is always done onsite. We provide free, honest, upfront pricing before beginning any services. Our customers are never under any obligation to proceed with work if they are in question of the pricing or recommendations. We highly recommend and advise potential customers to get several quotes before hiring any contractors for small or larger jobs.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Cheers!

ND in Mississauga

I called Express Rooter to get advice and a quote for a backflow preventer. Jason Gibson came to answer the call. He was very friendly, personable, and most importantly knowledgeable of the rules and regulations in my area of Mississauga. He even let me know that in my area of Mississauga, I probably didn't even need one due to the lack of flood concerns. As I was undergoing a renovation, I decided to go ahead and get it installed anyways for peace of mind. Jason took care of all the paper work aside from the permit (only I could get that), arranged everything quickly so as to meet my schedule, and gave me some very helpful pointers about the plumbing in my house in general after the initial video camera check of the drainage out of the house.

I also asked Jason about a basement leak I was experiencing, and Jason wound up identifying the exact spot that was leaking. I finally saw the tie rod hole actively leaking a few days later after 3 days of constant rain, and it came from the exact spot Jason indicated.

These guys know their stuff, and I can rest easy knowing the backflow preventer was installed right, the first time.

Thanks Jason!

Hello ND, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We are thrilled to hear of the great service from our team! We will forward this review to Jason as well. It was a great pleasure working with you. We are always here to help! Thank you for choosing ExpressRooter Plumbing!

Elwin Leung from Vaughan

We initially purchased a Toto concealed comfort height elongated toilet (Carlyle) to be installed in the 2nd floor upstairs master bathroom. Due to Plumbing pre-existing it would have been cost prohibitive to install as it would require breaking up the main floor ceiling and revising existing Plumbing lines. The toilet is NOT custom and has the standard 12-inch setup.

We were able to get the toilet installed on the 1st floor main floor powder bathroom where the plumbing could be accessible from the basement which was unfinished under the powder bathroom.

The cost was $400 for the concealed toilet install and $450 for the plumbing work all before HST taxes.

Our only small complaints were
1) that during the quote, which included removal of existing 2-piece toilet, we were told that the toilet would be dismantled into the 2 pieces so that the city (York Region) would pick it up as part of our normal garbage pick up. And that was part of the "removal" service. However, the toilet was not dismantled. I'm sure the Company would have sent someone to do it, but I was able to figure it out and use a tool that didn't quite fit to do the job. I just think that the work should have been done initially as promised. It should be noted that removal does not include removal off the property as that's an add on.
2) there was some pink Fibreglass Insulation in the unfinished basement area removed to do the plumbing in the basement ceiling for the main floor powder bathroom. It was left on top of the water heater so I'm not sure if that's a fire hazard or where/how to put the insulation back.

Hello Elwin, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We are happy to hear of the excellent service provided by our team! We thrive in providing quality services to all of our customers. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for choosing ExpressRooter Plumbing!

John McTtaggart in North york

The kitchen drain was backing up into the sink. Vladimir, the Worlds Greatest Plumber, arrived about 1 hr. earlier than expected. After a brief period of reconnecting and explanation of the problem. he set to work and was done in no time at all.

Thanks Mellissa!

Thanks Vlad!

Thanks Express Rooter!

Hello John, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We are thrilled to hear of the great service provided from our team! We will definitely forward your kind words to Vlad as well. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for choosing ExpressRooter Plumbing!

Sebastian  in ??????????

I woke up one day to find no hot water in the house at all. I called in the people who service our hot water tank (rental) who assured us there was nothing wrong with the water tank. I called ExpressRooter Plumbing and they said they could have a plumber out later that same afternoon. Christian arrived and quickly determined that it was a mixing valve installed directly above our hot water tank. He happened to have one on the truck and we were up and running with hot water throughout the house within an hour. I don’t know how our water tank repair people missed it, but Christian found the problem within minutes. Thank you Christian.

Hello Sebastian, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We are thrilled to hear of the excellent service provided from Christian. We will definitely forward your review to him as well. It is our passion to provide the best service for all of our customers. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for choosing ExpressRooter Plumbing!

DavidP

Really appreciated the work and that they had appointments available the next day. The installer was professional and explained what needed to be done to replace 20-year old toilets (3) with new energy efficient ones that I supplied. It was done quickly and efficiently. However, $1700 to replace three toilets (including removal of old) was incredibly expensive. And nearly $200/piece for connection kits that cost about $15 in a hardware store was outrageous. I had similar work done in a previous home for less than half the cost. I didn't have much choice since the work was already in progress. Make sure you get a complete estimate before starting work.

Hello David, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We are happy to hear that your overall experience with us was positive. We know pricing can range from company to company however, rest assured with ExpressRooter Plumbing you are getting quality service. We do appreciate your review. Thank you for choosing ExpressRooter Plumbing!

Jon voss in Toronto

Company was quick to send someone out to home for water line replacement from home to street (quoted 2800). while onsite I requested a snaking of sink and review of furnace thermostat hose (that I had recently replaced). This separate work was completed without quoting beforehand for an additional $360+tax surprise bill. The company agreed to rebate $160 off the following job. I didn’t follow through win the other job with this company because I subsequently was quoted $1800 by another highly rate home star company. Express roofer wasn’t interested to compete. Needless to say this company has followed through on rebating the $160

Hello Jon, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We do apologize if you felt our price was higher than another company however our prices are market competitive. As mentioned we did send someone quickly and rectified your issue as you requested. Our main goal is to provide efficient service and best customer service to all of our clients. Thank you for your review.

Armin  in ??????????

I bought a new stackable washer / dryer combo for my condo. The store I bought it from sent someone over to uninstall my old washer / dryer before delivery. They could not unhook the old unit and managed to break the connection on the pipes. I panicked because my new combo was due to be delivered the next afternoon. I called ExpressRooter Plumbing who sent someone later the same day. They managed to successfully unhook the old unit, replace the broken connections and had me ready to go for delivery in one visit. I’ll definitely be calling them again when I have a plumbing issue.

Hello Armin, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We are happy to hear of the great experience with our team! We are always here to help only a phone call away. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for choosing ExpressRooter Plumbing!

Andrew L in ??????????

My sister stopped into our parents house to check on things when they were out of town and discovered a broken pipe in the basement gushing water. After trying several other plumbers, who either didn’t answer their phone at all, or asked us to leave a voicemail, we found ExpressRooter. The fellow on the other end of the phone walked my sister through finding the water meter and turning off the water to the house until their plumber could arrive, averting a major disaster. Once the plumber arrived, it took him no time to repair the broken pipe, and everything was good. In this case, they were lifesavers! Thank you.

Hello Andrew, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We are thrilled to hear of the great service from our team. We are always here to help just a phone call away! It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for choosing ExpressRooter Plumbing!

casver Toronto

The situation:
Sewer back-up due to 115 year trap giving up the ghost. All water usage within the home was at a full stop.

Solution
Jason and his team from ExpressRooter Plumbing. I cannot remember the last time I instantly felt trust in a contractor like I did with Jason. He is professional, polite and extremely empathetic. Jason quickly and accurately diagnosed the issue, provided the proper steps I needed to take before I hired anyone and then once he was hired he took care of everything. His work ethic and fairness is unmatched. I felt the price totally represented a win-win scenario.

Hello Casver, thank you for sharing your experience with us and Homestars. We are thrilled to hear of the great service provided by our team and Jason. It was a pleasure working with you. Please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for choosing ExpressRooter Plumbing!

More about ExpressRooter Plumbing

Plumbing, Drains, Drain Services

If customer service is important to you, you have come to the right place. ExpressRooter's experienced, professional, and courteous staff knows what it takes to get the job done right. We offer a full range of supplies and services that are customized and tailored to fit your specific needs. Services include waterproofing and emergency plumbing in Toronto, Mississauga, Burlington and Oakville.