Expert Electric Ltd.

Electricians
34 12 Ave E Vancouver BC V5T 2G5

Electricians
Expert Electric Ltd.

Reviews for Expert Electric Ltd.

Fix Outside Plugs

The booking of service was quick and easy and they helped schedule on a Sunday. Service was quick and everything seems to be ok now.

Outside plugs were replaced and power restored.

The only thing I can't speak to is whether the pricing was good as I did not do any comparisons.

Thank you for the Review!

Private User reviews Pitt Meadows, BC

Decommission suite / 220v service removable

Very prompt, efficient service.
Expert Electric will be my first call and recommendation in the future.
M.

Thank you for the review!

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

Reliably

They call when they say they will. They come when they say they will. Excellent service.

Thank you for your time in reviewing us and using our services. Sincerely we appreciate your business)

Private User reviews Coquitlam, BC

service

I had an open circuit on an out door convenience outlet and the tech methodically checked all circuits and efficiently found the problem and restored the circuit.

Thank you for your review! Sincerely we appreciate positive results)

1 review Surrey, BC

Excellent Service

Called them because we a tenant had electrical problems. They were here in 20 minutes and fixed the problem!

Thank you for the review! Sincerely we appreciate your business))

Private User reviews Coquitlam, BC

Thermostat Replacement

I was able to get an appointment the same day. The electrician, Hamid,
found a problem with the old thermostat where a wire had become frayed and had sparked at some time in the past. We decided it was best to replace the thermostat even though it could be made functional, because it could be a safety hazard in the future. Hamid went to a supplier to get the correct thermostat for our electric baseboard heaters and replace it the same day.

Thank you for the Review! We sincerely appreciate your business and glad Hamid could help you out.

0 reviews Surrey, BC

Great service

Our electrician was helpful, polite and completed the work I requested in a timely manner. I called Expert Electric and I had the work completed the very next day.

Thank you for the wonderful review. Sincerely, we appreciate your business!

dunnettclassicdrums in Delta
dunnettclassicdrums in Delta
1 review Delta, BC

If you do have time to do it right and you don't...

"EXPERT" Electric Ladner / Tsawwassen. Short circuit...

We had been experiencing issues with our electrical panel - several plugs continuously blowing circuits until one day last week reseting the breaker didn't appear to fix the problem. I called the 2 page spread in the local phone book "Expert Electric". They agreed to show up the next day within a 4 hour window, which they did. I explained the problem to the technician who pulled out his quote sheet (you are promised a quote before any work starts) for an "18 Point Electrical Safety Inspection". Our house was built in the 80's so I thought a thorough inspection might be in order - and I signed off on the "inspection". $293.50 right there. For that much $ you'd think you'd be getting a very thorough evaluation of your home's electrical and that the problem would also be remedied. NOPE. In the hour that followed my signature on the "work order" nothing worth $293.50 happened. The panel cover was removed, tech used my compressed air to blow out any dust. He tightened a few connections (none that I saw needed any tightening), checked a few circuits and put the cover back on. He put a new cover on the outlet (which, btw, was actually working when he checked it). Then he checked the smoke alarm. And then, on his way out I noticed the front house lights were not working. He said "Oh, they probably just need to be turned on again". And then he and my cheque were gone into the Friday afternoon - and the problem that I called about in the first place was not corrected. Let me tell you about some of the finer points of the "18" point inspection: 1. Proper clearance of overhead wires. 14. Test Smoke detectors 18. Company contact info sticker on main panel. I understand that getting a quote up front might be important, but when I call for a specific issue I expect I'll be billed per hour until the problem is fixed.

I called that evening to notify EE that the problem had not been fixed, but that I had reset the breakers myself.

On Monday morning I called the office to explain what had happened and my complete dissatisfaction. What would have been fair would be for me to pay for the hour at the hourly rate and that would be that. No deal. When these guys roll up, it's $293.50 for their inspection, regardless of what your electrical problem might be. James was the guy who answered and told me they would be happy to set up another 4 hour window for me to hang around until they could get there and do what they were asked to do in the first place. I watched the service $293.50 got me. If you don't have time to do it right the first time (at $293.50) when will you have time to do it over? Not interested. Not interested in tearing my garage apart for the 2nd time. Not interested in watching a tech obviously feeling guilty about taking $300 of my hard earned money for doing next to nothing.

I will not be having EE back to my home. They did not fix or address the problem. They basically gave me the electrician's version of "We will steam clean every carpet in your house" deal, got the cheque and left doing a half-assed job - or in my case doing very little - certainly not $293.50 worth, even at trade rates. This is a make-work program. In hind sight I signed up for what I thought would be a full electrical evaluation and a solution to the problem. Instead I got my cheque book tested. They talk a good game - all work guaranteed. I guess there just has to be some work done TO guarantee.

I'm sharing this so anyone can avoid the jolt I got.

Expert Electrical : AVOID

Hello,
Sorry for the late response. My name is Scott and I am the new manager with expert electric. Personally I would like to apologize for the bad experience. Normally we address these situations with integrity and honesty. If there is anything at all I can do including refunding a portion of the service fee or discounting a future job, I would be more than happy to do so. Thank you

ceejaycruz in Toronto
ceejaycruz in Toronto

Laundry Room & Smoke Alarms

We had Mike help us install another plug for our washer and update our smoke alarm system.
Was such an amazing experience. Very professional, courteous and helpful. The job was done as forecasted.
Will definitely use this company again.

Thank you for your review. We will let Mike know. We believe in providing best customer service. Thank you for choosing Expert Electric.

BKD in West Vancouver
BKD in West Vancouver
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Ceiling Fan, Smoke Detectors

I was getting my home ready for tenants, who were moving in within a few days. I called Expert Electrician to diagnose a ceiling fan that wasn't working. The electrician advised that I could either replace the two broken parts, or get a new fan, and if I decided to purchase a new fan, I have to make sure that I got one that was able to accommodate a vaulted ceiling. While he was at my house, he noticed that all of the smoke detectors were expired! He came back a few days later to install the fan and upgrade the smoke detectors before the tenants moved in. Ali, the electrician, saved me from what could have been a very serious situation -- renting out my house with dysfunctional smoke detectors! Thanks, Expert Electric! Your technicians always show up on time, with a heads-up call from the dispatcher 30 minutes prior to arrival. Technicians are always polite and professional.

Pls call Expert Electric at 604-681-8338 and we can help with your electrical need.

More about Expert Electric Ltd.

Expert Electric - We're your neighborhood's electrician

We provide residential and commercial electrical services to: Vancouver, North and West Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond, Delta, Coquitlam area, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Surrey, Langley, White Rock, Abbotsford and Mission.

We've got the power you need! Our trained electricians are the best in the industry, and can repair any issue, guaranteed! From installations to emergencies, big or small... our electricians can perform the job. We focus on the relationship and getting you the things you need to enjoy life!

Why call us first?

•We are easy to reach - Real people answer our phones, not machines.
•1,000’s of parts on our trucks - For on the spot repairs in your home or business.
•Well Trained Courteous Technicians - we successfully perform repair to thousands of electrical problems every year.
•Up Front Guaranteed Pricing - you know the price before the work begins.
•24 hour emergency service.
•Quick response time