Done Right Roofing & Sheet Metal

8423 guelph line Milton ON L0P
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Puslinch  >  Done Right Roofing & Sheet Metal
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Done Right Roofing & Sheet Metal

auto-m8 in North York

Contracted this company to replace my shingles and skylight.
Roof workmanship was OK/ acceptable but skylight install
was a travesty, installed after roof was finished and not before, installed and then reinstalled incorrectly twice and
not in accordance withskylight manufacturers guidelines
materials , methods. Skylight warranty is voided due this
incorrect installation, I now will have to pay to have it
replaced and installed by professional installers.
I definitely didn't do my homework when I selected this
contractor. Avoid shingle manufacturers recommended
installers list and ask your neighbours instead!

refused to correct his work

Customer has made requests in regards to skylight installation practices and issues arisen from installation of Skylight at top of four sided hip jack roof. This style of skylight placement has been discontinued in construction methods as prone to arising issues. Regardless in some instances previous older skylight replacement may be addressed using secondary aftermarket skylight replacements to retro fit into existing drywall chute and curb mount system. All previous skylights once installed from a manufacture vary in construction application to finished product. Each manufacture (Anderson) (Columbia) (Artistic) (Velux) have different installation requirements in consideration of the skylight placement and current chute and structural curb conditions. What varies in the retro fit application practices is all skylight manufacturers’ have updated their entire construction process and skylight models have varied over design revisions. Placing newer designs into older already built systems are challenging in consideration that the old chute was designed, built and specified to the earlier previous existing model. In this report we are discussing those changes between what was initial and what is existing. Over the last 25 years only two manufactures’ where readily available to builders and at the lower end of the cost spectrum in consideration of the home being built. Most common where Columbia Sklights and Anderson Skylights. Both of these manufactures use a inside flange system that locks over the curb system that drywall is butted against with the vapor barrier creating the secondary vapor seal. The primary vapor seal being the Ice and Water seal on the outside of the curb system before counter flashed on the outside. This inside flange is part of the skylight retainer frame and is sometimes either screwed or chute built around this flange to create a tight vapor seal so Thermal Bridging can not occur. Thermal bridging can occur when hot air on the outside frame meets cooler air exchange causing expansion and contraction. If the chute is not adequately built to the new frame specifications this can allow issues to arise. Given the nature of the issues Done Right Roofing focused the service requests on the outside flashing system that was cosmetically placed over the previous existing flashing system of the old curb mount system. With the initial install the nature of the issue arose from wind driven moisture entering the chute. Specifications of the curb mount where down to specification. Master certified service technician reinstalled skylight fastened on to curb with a bead of sealant to prevent any draft and resolution to skylight issue. Advised of skylight chute concerns again in the secondary vapor seal issue was not addressed. New issue arisen over sounds of contraction and expansion. Further communication was established where another service inspection to refasten the outside flashing system to place to resolve the issue. A small length of time transpired where it was noted to move skylight correction in cooler weather. Upon latest inspection the issue of the chute is still not addressed and the issue of the noise is still occurring feel it’s best to try and eliminate the process of correction o ne step at a time to resolve the issue correctly. I believe if the secondary vapor seal is corrected this issue will not arise in the future. It is noted that in accordance Done Right Roofing does not complete the skylight interior finishing only the exterior install of the skylight unit. It remains questionable if the skylight is to be replaced and the sound continues from not addressing the secondary vapor seal then associated costs would have occurred without attempting to try vapor resolve.

Hapildy@65 in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Very prompt service. The men came on the day offered and were very professional. they accommodated a last minute change of colour for eves and downpipes.
The sales man Kevin was polite, helpful, and reasonable with pricing.
I like their honesty.

Brian from Oakville

As we have done with most of our contractors, we looked on Home Stats and came across Done Right with some strong reviews.

I called and spoke with Jason who was courteous and quick to provide me with the information I was looking for. He advised me on a Friday that he could come early the following week (today).

Jason arrived when he said he would and was quick to get up on the roof and do the install. After, he walked around and checked to ensure that the rest of my roof was in good shape and made a few recommendations.

If I was to redo my roof, I'd be sure to include Done Right in the process. Thanks Jason!

Grace Robertson from Mississauga

We have used Done Right Roofing previously. Two years ago they replaced our eavestroughing and eleven years ago they replaced the full roof of our two-story house.

The warranty for the roof shingles was ten years so not surprising that some of the roof needs replacing, a section over a first-floor kitchen. The company checked the entire roof but decided only that portion needed to be replaced as the shingles were obviously curling up. They recommended a (Timberline) shingle that would reflect light/heat. They provided a link to a website for the suggested shingle where we could view roofing shingle colours.

The one small complaint I have is that the office took a several days to respond to our initial call, however, once the estimate was given, work was completed two days later. They do good work, are careful of the surroundings, clean up afterwards, are knowledgeable and friendly. We would use them again when the rest of the roof needs replacing.

1 review Milton, ON

The workmanship looks good but the service was not great. The crew didn't tell me that they were leaving and just left at the end of the job, I did find a nail outside my back door and a garbage bag in my tree at the front from them, I didn't get any pictures of the roof or any feedback on the current state. Also, after I got a couple less than courteous voicemails from Michelle (the second stating that this is the second voicemail, not noting that I did return the call and left a voicemail, which she later said she didn't receive) because they messed up my invoicing and told me I still need to pay even though I already provided a cheque, received a receipt, and the cheque was deposited. It was a mixup, but it was a bit annoying to be told I owe them money when they already deposited my cheque. Not as professional as other reviews led me to expect.

Carmine Cacace in Welland
2 reviews Milton, ON

Done-Right Roofing are honest, hard-working people who do excellent roofing. They are knowledgeable and explained the pros and cons of various options patiently (which matched very well to my thorough research). They were exactly on schedule to when they said they would come. They announced when they would start working and when they would end. Their crew adhered to all safety requirements, cleaned up very well, and were extremely courteous. Their price was very competitive. I am a demanding buyer and would recommend them to anyone who wants a quality job they can trust for years to come. This company has been around for a while and I am confident will be so well into the future. Thanks Done-Right for a job very well done.

J sutherland in Milton
1 review Burlington, ON

These guys are absolute pros. From the initial quote to the immaculate clean-up the whole process was handled superbly. Kevin, the owner, is the most professional contractor I've ever worked with and oversees all aspects of every job. They did the job efficiently and on schedule. If you want pros these are your guys!

6 reviews Hamilton, ON

The roof is overall okay but .... when they removed the shingles the ripped off some of my siding , when throwing shingles into the bin they damage my new wood deck taking a chunk out of the railing, they broke 3 of my moon rays. So over all they where careless and the language on them was appalling do they not know we can hear everything.

When they did the metal work they sent a guy that was not an actual metal worker and it look chopped together and not good at all . When we told them all that happened they where so rude. They did send someone to fix all the issues and damages except the railing as that had to be replaced. I will never use them again .

2 reviews Milton, ON

We are in a 2002-built house built by an "award-winning" mass builder in Milton that I won't bother to name. In 2011-12 we were dismayed to notice that the roof was starting to fail already, curled dried-out materials on our sunny and windy side, some beginning to break off here and there (mainly due to inadequate soffit inlet air venting which I have corrected myself). We called a few roofing companies to begin the process and found Done Right to be the overall best combination of factors, their price being the middle of three. The owner Kevin came out to quote us on the same day I called in May 2012, and work started in late June. Very tidy and efficient work crews, perfect finished product, exactly zero mess left on the ground, no damage to deck or gardens. They upgraded our builders crap exhaust vents with proper vents, and improved our bath exhaust vents with proper ones with closing flappers as the builder could not be bothered to do. The finished results in Timberline architectural will last for years to come.

Steve in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Kevin and his team were great to deal with. The installers were professional and the job site was spotless when they were done. We asked them come back to replace a piece of drip edge that didn't match perfectly and it was done right away. Like with any roofing company, you need to be somewhat flexible to accommodate weather conditions. Our shingle bundles had to sit on our roof for a week while some nasty storms blew through, but I'm very happy with the final product.

More about Done Right Roofing & Sheet Metal

Welcome to Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd., well-respected roofing contractors in Burlington, Milton, Oakville, and Mississauga. Our highly trained roofing contractors have the skills and expertise to handle all commercial and residential roofing needs, irrespective of the size or complexity. When it comes to roofing trust Done-Right Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd.

FULLY LICENSED FULLY INSURED WSIB INSURED
Professional, Guaranteed Roofing Services from Done-Right Roofing
Fully licensed and insured, the roofing professionals at Done-Right Roofing offer complete roofing services for residential and commercial clients. We even offer rooftop ice and snow removal!

Install Soffit & Fascia
Soffit and fascia have often been used for exterior trim. These items are easy to install, replace, when necessary, and can protect exposed wood from water damage.

Roof Evaluations
As homes and buildings become older, there comes a point where the usability of a roof needs to be evaluated. Done-Right Roofing & Metal Sheeting Ltd. utilizes state of the art equipment to locate possible leaks and wet areas. We determine the life expectancy of the current roofing system and decide if any repairs or replacements are necessary.

Maintenance & Repair
Done-Right Roofing & Metal Sheeting Ltd. provides preventative roofing maintenance and roofing repair services in Mississauga, Milton, Oakville, and Burlington. All repair and maintenance services are coordinated with you and your tenants and can be provided to you quarterly, semi-annually as well as annually.

Chimney Repair
Cracks to the chimney walls, both inside and out, may pose serious threats. Call us now, if you need your chimney repaired, replaced, realigned, or cleaned.

Gutter Cleaning
The gutter is the most important part of your home, requiring on-going cleaning and inspection. We work to ensure that there are absolutely no leaves or debris remaining, which could clog and back up your roofing system.

Skylights
Adding a skylight is one beautiful way of accenting your home.

Flashing
Flashings are metal sheets, which are intended to direct water away from chimneys, vents, skylights, and eavestroughs.