David Snell Building Services Ltd.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
3361 Fenwick Cres Mississauga ON L5L 5N4
Windows & Doors Installation & Service
David Snell Building Services Ltd.

Reviews for David Snell Building Services Ltd.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Doesn't stand behind his work

We have used David Snell twice to install windows and doors for us. The first time the window installation and quality was okay, but the door installations - front door and fire safety door to the garage never operated the way they were supposed to. We used him a second time for windows only. The windows were supposed to be the same as the first job, but the finishing was poor on several of the windows. David tried to fix the problem but couldn't. He would have had to replace the windows and he didn't want to do that. In the end, we were very unhappy with the results. We had withheld the 10% of his fee while he tried to fix it. In the end he just put the charge through on our credit card without our approval and without fixing the problem to our satisfaction. He offered no sort of discount or any other compensation. He might come in with good pricing to win the job but we will definitely not be hiring him again.

Careful who you HIRE

We had this company do the roofing in our Condo Comples...10 years into a 20 year warranty (and paper work stated IKO 20 year warranty)they had to be re-done and David Snell would not honour it saying we had to provide a "copy" of the warranty from IKO ...WHO GETS WARRANTY DOCUMENTATION FROM MANUFACTURER. We dealt with David Snell, we paid David Snell and he had hoped the Board would not have copies of his invoices etc. because HE DENIED EVEN HAVING DONE THE WORK, we DID have copies and he still would not honour warranty, we had to go elsewhere and pay full price. WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN. GET AS MUCH DOCUMENTATION AND CONFIRMATION THEY WILL HONOUR IT IN WRITING.

B in Toronto
B in Toronto

Great Stuff

David Snell and staff have worked on our home 3-4 times now. Always excellent service. This time Steve and co-worker removed the aluminum siding, wrapped the second story in Atlas Energy Shield insulation and covered it all with heavy vinyl siding. Those two are craftsmen, we were after more comfort in the home but it looks awesome.
The second floor is noticeably warmer now. And it will take a while to get used to the new look, it's that nice.
Thanks

Sher in Mississauga
Sher in Mississauga

Good local contractor.....repeat customer!

We have used David Snell Building Services for quite a few of our home renovations including windows, patio doors, garage doors, shutters, front entrance and side door. The service was prompt and excellent quality. Even though we had a recent problem with our front door glass fogging, they removed the glass and had it resealed.

Review has 1 previous version
Joanna R in Brampton
Joanna R in Brampton

Window Install

The window had to be re-installed, the original install was not done correctly. After 11 months my partner is finally smiling. I must say that Tony and Eddy did the best job ever. David did come through on his promise, to have it done correctly.

Review has 2 previous versions
Thomas
Thomas

DOORS

I ordered a new front door and side door on April 6 and was told they would be installed within 5 to 7 weeks. They were actually installed on July 3; more than 12 weeks after they were ordered. I had to continually follow up to find out the status of the installation. On the side door, I had ordered a specific type of glass. I went with David because he had installed it at my daughter's house and no one else seems to have it. When the door was finally installed, it had the wrong glass in it. David told me it was quick fix, and would take care of it. After constant prodding; it finally got installed on August 10th; more than 5 weeks after the door installation. Unfortunately, once again, it was the wrong glass. I told David not to bother replacing it a third time; I was done with him. While waiting for the glass replacement I sent him a text and asked "when are you installing the glass on my side door?" to which he responded "as quick as I can". I followed up with "a specific date would be helpful" to which he responded "trying". These curt comments are neither professional nor helpful. My availability over the summer is limited and I needed a specific date to ensure someone was available. Finally, I paid half the invoice when the door was ordered, with the other half due on completion. One the door had been installed however, and after David knew of the glass needing replacing, he charged my credit card for the second instalment. It was only after I told him I would reverse this payment that he finally sent someone out to change the glass. David told me he was short staffed and this caused the delay. However, all I wanted was a firm date which I had trouble getting. The date he finally gave me was on short notice and not convenient, but I took it to get the job finished. As it turned out, it was a only a 15 minute job. I would not recommend this company.

anne haslett oakville
anne haslett oakville

Windows and Front Entrance Doors and Windows

I have used this company twice now. Not only is the owner a person who really cares about his clients but also the people working for his company installing are caring , clean and sure know their work. I wish more businesses would have these ethics. Thanks all involved including the secretary who is just as nice.
Anne and Chris

Anne in Toronto
Anne in Toronto

Long time customer

New doors look great. Mario did a thorough job of installation. Doors ready ahead of promised date. We have used David's company for many years. We have referred our friends and neighbours. We will use David for any future needs. Thanks!!!

Screen door purchase

We have been dealing with David Snell for over 15 years - windows, bay windows, patio doors etc. Delivery has always been as agreed and follow up service, for lifetime guaranteed products, has been satisfactory. We have been satisfied to the point of referring friends and neighbours to David. Our recent purchase of two screen doors fell between the cracks due to extenuating circumstances that no one could have predicted - force majeure so to speak. However all has been taken care of to our satisfaction and we will continue to use David Snell for future purchases as well as recommending him to others.
In good faith, we still returned to David for more products, notwithstanding the service delays.
On February 22 of this year we obtained a quotation for two screen doors, signed a contract the same day and paid in full, that day, with a credit card. We were told someone would advise when the doors would be installed.
On March 7 after hearing nothing we wrote to the sales rep. asking when the doors would be installed. He said he would follow up with David. Over the next month, we heard nothing.
On April 5 we wrote the sales rep, again, advising we had not heard from David. The rep. said he would contact David.
On April 7 David showed up and measured the door frames to confirm the measurements of the sales rep. David said we would have our doors installed no later than April 30. On April 6 we sent a note to David asking for the date of installation. We heard nothing back.
On May 17 we contacted the sales rep. - we had no doors, David had our money and wasn't communicating. The sales rep. advised we would have our doors by May 20 and David would be in touch with us.
On May 30, 100 days after signing the contract, and paying for the doors, we had no doors and no contact from David.
Fortunately, we had paid by credit card. We contacted the credit card company and eventually the bank credited our account for the monies and to this day we have heard nothing from David or his sales rep. as to why they had failed to install the doors and had chosen to be uncommunicative.
My advice is that you do not pay anything up front and only when you have delivery and installation of your products, should you pay him anything. If you do pay up front, use a credit card as that is the only guarantee that you are protected.
Better yet, go to some other company that provides good service and sticks to their agreements.
You can draw your own conclusions as to what happened here. For me, I have no idea.

Review has 1 previous version

Garage door

This company is a great company and I know David back to ten years ago who made our windows. This time I asked him to build a new double garage door. The work done in one day with 100 percent satisfaction. The price is very good compared with the quality material and workmanship. We are very happy with this business.

More about David Snell Building Services Ltd.

David D. Snell Building Services Ltd. was established in 1992 with the specific intent to provide homeowners with the best home improvement products, installation and service at the best possible price. We are located in Mississauga, Ontario and locally owned and operated.

Financing available including 6 month no payment option!

We believe very strongly that any homeowner choosing us can do so knowing that we truly want the best for them in every respect.

Here are 10 great reasons to deal with David D. Snell Building Services Ltd.:

- Members of the Better Business Bureau
- Members of S.A.W.D.A.C. (Siding & Window Dealers Association of Canada)
- Fully Licensed & Insured