Crystal Homes

161 Rebecca Street Hamilton ON L8R 1B9
HomeStars  >  Builders in Hamilton  >  Crystal Homes

Reviews for Crystal Homes

1 review Hamilton, ON

Regret booking with this builder

All I have to say is that I regret booking my house with this builder. They are so unorganized and I am so frustrated trying to call them or e-mail them to come get my 30 day warranty issues fixed. First of all, they've never picked up my call and second of all they rarely ever answer my emails. They didn't install my toilet paper and towel rods until 6 months of moving in and hassling them to do so. The conmunication is so poor in their office that instead of sending people to fix problems that haven't been addressed, they keep sending people to fix things that have already been done months before. Advise to homeowners, read up on reviews of builders before you decide to book your new house. I learned the hard way.

Sannya in Hamilton
Sannya in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Detached house

Crystal homes are not secure they build a house for me in 2017 a recent purchase and i moved in now i found out that crystal homes keeps a spare key for your house without letting you know and break into your house anytime it was a recent incident happend and upon asking y would they keep a spare key of our own house and how can they come into the house without any permission crystal homes managment were very rude and they came to the door step and screamed at the owner for putting in the complain its such a pain!

1 review Brantford, ON

PDI

we bought a new house with crystal homes. Builder organize the PDI and closing day on same day. how come it is possible. When we went there whole construction was going on. Outer side walls was incomplete, floor was not done, paint was incomplete on walls and windows, kitchen counters and appliances was missing, actually lot of things!!!

Keith in San Francisco
Keith in San Francisco
1 review Milton, ON

Crystal Homes

Crystal Homes will build you a well built home with above average standard features, but they will do it slower than any other company I have ever experienced.

For anyone that is looking to purchase a Crystal Home I strongly urge you to consider your level of patience and look carefully at your future plans. We purchased a Crystal Home in 2010 for our family. In October 2011 when our home was to be ready they hadn't even broken ground on the subdivision. After numerous delays we were finally told we would get our new home in May of 2012. Despite allowing them 6 extra weeks and moving our closing date to July of 2012 they still were not ready. We moved in with missing cabinets, counters in the kitchen, bathroom sinks, mirrors, fireplace and a host of other small concerns noted during our walk through the day before moving in. The fireplace was installed but was shut down by the gas company for a gas leak due to the rushed installation overnight before our move in. Counters and cabinets came several weeks later and mirrors arrived a couple months later. The good news is despite those issues they were able to get us a completed house in good condition after about 2 years of time. The bigger problems come not so much with your own home but the subdivision in general. Crystal is painfully slow. We rarely saw more than a handful of people working and they would show up and drive around but rarely would much work get completed. Houses are finished one at a time and generally over a period of 9 to 12 months. Basically what I'm saying is if you want a nice home you'll have one but it may take a year or two to get it from Crystal. If you want a nice neighborhood to raise your children, well, we're 7 years from purchase and still don't have that so while our kids will grow up in a construction pit you should carefully consider if you want your family to as well.

1 review Stirling, ON

House

Most crystal homes are built to make you and your family sick. They use a lot of toxic chinese materials ie. chinese drywall since before and after 1999 and before it was discovered to be toxic by federal government?? . Another issue is that some house have connected water lines and hydro connections so one house can either steel water and hydro for drug operations or for pumping toxic chemicals into other houses water supply so to eventually collect fraudulent life insurance polices after they die. Make sure you check your plumbing good before foundations get filled in because the connections are deep. And of course our local mafia in hamilton and all over Ontario know lots of corrupt people to live next to you.

1 review Burlington, ON

new home

Please be aware, buy with caution for buying a Crystal has been nothing but a disappointment. Sorry my dad said if you have nothing good to speak of say nothing at all. Steve :((((

1 review Milton, ON

After Ownership Warranty

When my home was being built CH used quality product and did more that other home builder would. After i signed for my home the warranty items being completed started to become an issue. To get some warranty items completed is like pulling teeth. They have a customer service line that never picks up no matter how many times you call; which is poor customer service. You have to ask at least 20 times to get one item completed on your 30 day or 90 day last. When you ask my e-mail there replies are hit and miss at best. You will have to end up sending numerous emails to get something addressed. Several months later i still have heavy issues that are not being addressed. I don't know why they just don't schedule all the trades or staff to come in for a straight week to get all the items completed. If you were lucky enough to get a trade or one of their staff in you always have to clean up after them. They leave materials on the floor, i.e. paint on hardwood or drywall dust, after they have left for the day. Some people from their staff are good don't get me wrong but its the sense of urgency and quality of after care. ALL I ASK FOR IS TO PROVIDE ME WITH THE AFTERCARE YOU PROMISED ME.

bella from East Gwillimbury
bella from East Gwillimbury
1 review East Gwillimbury, ON

SEMI-DETECTCH HOME

the quality for the house is really really bad that I have ever seen. We found a big crack on foundation wall which I can insert my finger inside, and I made appointment with builder. A guy came in, at first he was really careful, even I asked him some question, he wouldn't answer me. However,when he found our stairs wasn't the original wood stairs, he insisted that that was the reason caused the crack! What?? He seemed like finally he found the excuse and he kept talking that was my false unlike at the beginning. He didn't even know how heavy my stair was because I took out the stair before he came. He also mentioned that, every houses they built had certification. That is bullshit, because every defective product first time was made with certification too, the reason why we need warranty just to prevent us from getting defective product.
I looked up my file in TARION, my home has been reported to fix for twice during the first 3 years(I AM THIRD OWNER), this is absolutely defective home. Never ever buy home from CRYSTAL HOMES.

tony recorda from Brampton
tony recorda from Brampton

home buyer

What a mickey mouse builder, you know home building times are good when a company like this is still around, please proceed with caution when choosing Crystal Homes (flip of the dice). Unsatisfied customer, Tony