Central Fairbank Lumber

Reviews for Central Fairbank Lumber

Matt from Toronto
Matt from Toronto

Renovation

I would not recommend dealing with this place, during the last two months I dealt with them few times and purchase about $4000 in material. Pick up and delivery was not good, I had brooking hand and ask the guy to help me load doors to the car he said that is not my responsibility, I told him I can’t do that with one hand, he just left without saying anything, I had to ask for help from the customers to load my doors. I purchased more than 20 doors and closet doors, I needed it to return one closet ($80) door, which was not open, and still in the store I did not pick it up. The manager Joe (I think this is his name) did not even lessen to anything I said, he said many people spend money here, so there is nothing special about you paying customer, even his employee find it weird that he did not accept the return. Not sure why would anyone but someone has 0 customer service skill to be a manager.

Pati from Toronto
Pati from Toronto

Fence + Pergola

We have been working on a backyard overhaul including building a new horizontal fence for us and two neighbours, a pergola, and a smaller car park fence and we've been using CFB for all our lumber needs. Dez is an awesome Manager and communication + customer service has been top-notch. All deliveries have been on time with quick unloading times and super friendly delivery guys. The prices are extremely competitive. We're happy to support these guys.

Brad J from Toronto
Brad J from Toronto

Crown Moulding & Baseboard

I am so glad I found these guys!

We have a Victorian in Cabbagetown and needed to replace ALL of the baseboards and crown moulding on the main floor as part of a reno. It was 650 square feet of space, and needed 130 linear feet of baseboard and crown.

My local big box carries expensive trim, but it's all wimpy 3 and 4 inch chipboard stuff meant for suburban houses. It would have looked awful in our high-ceiling house.

Central Fairbank's amazing 9-inch high real wood baseboard was the same price as chipboard 4-inch baseboard! Moreover, it's the EXACT SAME STYLE that we had just ripped out of our Victorian! They reproduce all kinds of trim specifically for downtown Toronto houses - friends with a 1930s East York Arts+Crafts house were also able to find reproduction trim here, and at a good price.

So glad we got our stuff here! Great to deal with too!

Doris from Toronto
Doris from Toronto
7.5/10

Home addition

The salesperson was very helpful and knowledgeable about their products. I went in with my blueprints and they provided me with a quote for the approximate cost as well as additional tips and advice.

Janice from Leslieville-7692
Janice from Leslieville-7692

8.3/10

Lumber and tools

Everytime we've gone in the staff has been very welcoming and helpful. They do not hesitate to give samples and answer questions.