Renovation Experts / Basement Experts

Pina Carpino from Richmond Hill
Pina Carpino from Richmond Hill
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Kitchen Renovation

From our first meeting we were impressed with Stan Boigon. Other contractors who we called for a quote all seemed in hurry. Stan spent a great deal of his own personal time to discuss the scope of the project with my husband and I (without him knowing at the time if we would give him the job!)

He provided us with a detailed written quote. He co-ordinated all aspects of the project and used qualified licensed professionals (electricians, plumbers, etc.) who arrived as scheduled. Stan kept us informed of what was happening and when. He returned all phone calls and emails. All work was completed on time and for the amount agreed upon.

We have now have a beautiful new kitchen that truly can be featured in a magazine.

I especially want to thank Ylber and Erna (both subcontractors) for their quality of work. And of course many thanks to Stan.

For my next reno I am without a doubt calling Stan!

A kitchen is the heart of the home, and you can't rush that! Our detailed quotes and consistent communication with clients ensures a smooth-running project that puts the focus on client satisfaction. We're so pleased you are loving your new kitchen!

Daniel Marks from Richmond Hill
Daniel Marks from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Home Theater Room

I contacted a number of different Contractors to see about getting quotes to have the construction of my home theater project. I spent a lot of time investigating how to build a home theater, proper sound proofing, shape of the room, etc.

Stan Boigon came over and then sent me a quote. The quote was extremely detailed, and everything we discussed was outlined in the quote, including the timing of payments during the course of the project. I was very impressed. The price of the quote was very reasonable, and Stan promised to have the theater built before the Super Bowl.

Every contractor (framer, electrician, dry waller, taper, painter and carpet installer) that came over was amazing and very professional. I was very impressed with the quality of work completed and they all showed up on the days they were supposed to. Even when we had to make changes to the original plan, the additional costs were reasonable.

Stan was on top of the project, and kept me informed of who and when they were coming to the house. The theater was finished 1 week ahead of plan. It is an amazing room, and we have enjoyed using the room every day since.

I would not think twice about using Basement Experts again for any other project, because I couldn't be happier with the work and customer service I received.

We are very proud of our home theatre projects, and this renovation was no exception. We employ steady, responsible crews who adhere to the high customer service standards that we set for them. We are very happy that you will be enjoying many Super Bowls yet to come in your new home theatre.

Chris & Vikky from Leslieville
Chris & Vikky from Leslieville
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Basement Finishing

Stan and the crew finished our unfinished basement on schedule and within budget. We were pleased with their professionalism and the quality of their work. Stan's quote was very detailed and he provided a daily schedule and kept it updated throught the project.
We had a new living area and full bath installed as well as refinishing the stairs. The unfinished floor started out seriously uneven but they were able to work around the problem without breaking the bank. I highly recommend Basement Experts.

This was a great project; our goal is to work with our Clients to provide options when issues arise, to ensure they are pleased with the results - without a runaway budget!

Christine in York
Christine in York
1 review YORK, ON

Basement Beautification

A basement to smile about!
We desired an open space. One that could fulfill multiple purposes. A man cave, a media room, and at the same time a play area for the kids and STORAGE. Plus we needed a bathroom that we could be proud of and not embarrassed to send our guests to. One that had a wonderful shower we could enjoy (free of bath toys that filled our family bathroom upstairs).And last we needed a functional laundry room in a nice space that didn't feel like a scary mechanical room.
We had a finished basement. Something someone did many years ago. But it was dark and ugly and cut up into many small unusable rooms. It was not a space we enjoyed nor spent much time in.
Enter BASEMENT EXPERTS! While we met with several contractors, we immediately felt comfortable with Stan and knew he was the right guy for the job. He provided a detailed and reasonable quote. He shared pictures of previous projects that helped to make us feel confident he understood what we wanted and would deliver the look we desired. He worked with us on the design and we aligned on a timeline and pay schedule. On the agreed first day of work, the crew arrived on time and with smiles on their faces, ready to get to work!
Throughout the process, the quality and reliability of the entire team was excellent. Ryan (project manager) was helpful , keeping in contact with me on a daily basis, informing me of the next steps and making the extra effort to ensure i was happy with even the small details including door knobs, coat hooks and lighting.
Nush is a quality craftsman -from the tiling to the woodwork to the painting. Nush and his brother delivered outstanding work. Most notably i appreciated the teams willingness to incorporate my design requests along the way and their genuine desire to make the space as amazing as I envisioned. That included assembling and installing barn doors, custom shelving and even a small bar area complete with beer fridge and prep space.
While we encountered a few challenges, such as: 1) flooring that was extremely uneven with a very low ceiling height causing a needed change to our original material choice, and 2) an unexpected 3rd support beam in the middle of the room, the team addressed the issues in a professional manner, identified solutions and allowed us to make the final decision that would work best for our family. In the end we LOVE the look of our floors and Nush did a great job on the posts including a nice edging detail that helped to make them look as though they were part of the original design.
We now have an awesome basement. One i'm excited to spend time in (even if just doing laundry!) and proud to show my friends and family.

A really interesting project with many details. Looks great- client and contractor happy!
SB

Kevin in York
Kevin in York
2 reviews YORK, ON

Complete basement reno

First let me start by saying that when it comes to renos I'm very particular and scrutizing that things are done right, no short cuts, and expect quality workmanship. I got around three quotes for the work that we wanted done. One of the companies I called an commonly advertised number on newstalk 1010 wanted to charge $200 for an estimate. Forget that. Anyway, I called Stan for an estimate and he came by and really took his time to listen to what we wanted done. He spent around 2 hrs going over our questions and concerns. He came with a portfolio of other basement renos he'd done previous. He was extremely professional and patient, and easy to talk too. When he gave us the quote for the basement it was extremely detailed and cost broken down into sections. Although he was the most expensive quote of the bunch we decided to go with him because he seemed thorough and detailed which was more important to us than going for the cheapest quote. We're glad that we made the right decision.

The work that we needed done was very unique due to a custom set of sliding doors that we wanted installed which were to be the main feature of the basement. Stan worked with the lead person in charge of overseeing the door and made sure everything was made to spec for the doors. Because of this the doors fit perfectly without any issue. Beyond that the rest of the basement was fairly standard. Nush and Ray did a good job with framing. Although there were two corners in the basement that were a little off and not 90 degrees. By the time I realized this it was already too late but every other corner in the basement turned out well so it was not too big of a deal. Especially given how well Nush did the framing for the vents and crossbeam.

Insulation went ok. They missed certain areas (small areas) where they did not remove the old insulation and I had them remove the drywall to redo it. They did not vapour barrier the headers for some reason but I spoke to Stan about it and it got fixed.

There were no issues with plumbing except that the toilet sits out a couple of inches more from the wall than I would have liked and for whatever reason the spare parts for my faucet left with the plumber but Stan was able to get that back for me. The washroom came out great. Glass shower came out perfect. Any issues big or small I could always get in touch with Stan to have it changed or fixed.

Electrical came out well. Very professional. I again made some last minute changes and Stan was always it touch for consult and to make it happen. For the central vac outlet repositioning and extension Stan even called in another specialist and it was done well and properly. A small detail but it made a difference.

Drywalling was done well and fairly quickly. Only issue I had was with the mudding. Unfortunately, you really only notice it once the walls are painted. The ceiling and certain walls near the windows are quite noticebly a little rough looking, seeming uneven. Although it's ok, I feel it could have been done better. It's because the light coming in from the window shines along the ceiling or surrounding walls that make any imperfection look more apparent. When the potlights are on it's not noticeable.

HVAC went smoothly but certain sections although functional looked a little rough.

Overall we were very happy with Stan and his crew. Everything was done properly to code or better. The main thing was that we could always communicate with Stan if we changed our minds about something or had questions and he would always be willing to take time to work with us. Our basement looks fantastic and is fully functional. Even with all the design changes we made, some on the fly, his original quote stayed fair and never gouged. Ryan, Nush, Laudi, Ray were all very professional and curteous. We're very happy with our basement and if we had another basement to finish we would call Basement Experts.

With a very clear vision of what their basement was going to look like and function as, we were able to achieve the results for the clients to everyone's delight.
SB

Tracy Lustina in Mississauga
Tracy Lustina in Mississauga
2 reviews MISSISSAUGA, ON

Kitchen upgrade

they were very professional and intelliegent. i was very happy with their customer service and interpersonnal skills. My kitchen was beautiful when they finished and it was done on time to boot! great job by these men.

J&R from Yonge and Eg
J&R from Yonge and Eg

Finished Basement

Due to water damage we had to gut our finished basement. Once gutted we then water proofed the inside and had a new concrete floor poured. Once this was complete we were ready to refinish our basement. We had an idea of what we wanted which was an improved version of what we had before the water damage. We had a number of quotes which all came in within a few thousand of eachother. In analyzing the quotes we felt that the quote from Stan at Basement Experts was the most detailed covering all aspects of the project which was discussed during their visit. We also had a good feeling about Stan, immediately feeling comfortable with our communication and his attention to our needs.
Upon hiring Basement Experts a schedule was forwarded to us detailing the start date, various "landmark" dates such as drywall, electrical, plumbing, paint etc... and a finishing date with final walkthru. A payment schedule was married to these dates making it easy to follow the course and stay on budget. The crew showed up on the start date and kept to the schedule throughout the project and finished on time as promised. During the project there were a few changes we requested along with some unforeseen surprises found during the project (always the case with old houses). The changes were discussed and accepted with no issues by Stan and Ryan. The surprises (very few) were handled very professionally without added cost or lost time. The workmanship is top notch with a 2 year guarantee. Although its been only 1 month since finishing I am confident that the basement will allow for many years of enjoyment. Overall I give Basement Experts 2 thumbs up. To Stan and Ryan, Stan and Mike and Michael, we say thank you for taking our project to heart and giving us the extra living space we hoped for.

Rick and Jane

In finishing J&R's mid-town basement, we put in a few notable things such as a new staircase (old one was narrow & rickety), new basement windows, relocated the laundry room, and installed a really nice high efficiency wall mounted electric convection heater. J's choice of laminate flooring, tiles, paint colours and bathroom vanity combined to make this 600ft. basement look outstanding! SB

Brad in Richmond hill
Brad in Richmond hill
1 review RICHMOND HILL, ON

Finishing Of Basement

Stan and the rest of the team were timely and very professional. Worked within our budget and we are thrilled with the job that he and his team did for us!

Brad and Robin had a challenge for Basement Experts: finish their basement nicely and completely in 30 days! That was the period between closing on the purchase of their new home, and scheduled move in day.
We accepted the challenge, and delivered an beautiful well constructed finished space within the time frame.
Stan B

Jim is in Vaughan
Jim is in Vaughan
1 review Concord, ON

Total Basement Renovation

I always believed to go with my 'gut' instinct and I'm happy I did with Stan and his crew. When we first met Stan here in our home, there was an automatic feeling of trust. His passion for what he does was a sight for sore eyes. We had previously been through a nightmare of a renovation in our kitchen and we somehow knew that this wouldn't happen to us with our next one.

There was never any feeling that we were being difficult, only a willingness to work with us to reach a common goal.

With all the rain that fell this winter, a window well flooded and a crack was identified that was leaking into the basement. The drywall had already been installed in that area. Stan was able to provide a very competent mason worker to fix the crack. His charge was minimal for the work that was done, and Stan replaced the drywall without any thoughts of extra charges for the disruption.

Stan utilizes a very professinal plumber (Wade) and electrician (James) and they are beyond excellent. They go above and beyond the call of duty.

Renovation Experts were on time, on budget and there is always someone to hear any concerns you may have. They offer insurance coverage for every worker that enters the job site. From an empty basement to fulfilling every detail of the plans we had come up with together, we couldn't be happier. Stan's loyal team members were a joy to work with.

Keep up the good work guys! We are so proud of our basement, all the little extras you did mean so much to us. You will always hold a special place in our hearts for all of your efforts and respect you show your clients.

Basement & Bathroom Renovation

Assisted Review

Stan and crew finished our basement and added a new bathroom with a huge glass enclosed shower that we absolutely love. They also added a cosy new fireplace to the basement space.
The budget and project completion where all on target. We were so happy with the work Stan and his crew did that we also had them renovate our 2nd floor bathroom.

More about Renovation Experts / Basement Experts

We offer complete home renovation service: basement renovation, bathroom renovation, kitchen planning and remodeling; our service is offered all over the GTA. We work with commercial and residential clients.

We have over 20 team members working to the highest standards.

As experts in their field they each bring over 10 years of experience.

Our plumbing, electrical and HVAC trades are all fully licensed.

We are fully insured and provide warranties on all our work.

Detailed written quotations are provided on all our projects.

We are proud to provide references for our work and our testimonials highlight the complete satisfaction our customers have received through working with Renovation Experts.