Api Alarm Inc

pearman in Toronto
pearman in Toronto
1 review Regina, SK

medical alert systems

My experience with API Alarm Inc. has been exceptional. Not only has there been expert attention given to medical alert systems in Canada but also to my elderly parents. The personnel has been polite, punctual, thorough and highly professional. They took excellent care and patience in explaining the technology. The costs have been quite reasonable, and the followup has been superb. I will use them again and will recommend them to others.

Prompt Service

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the valuable service that you provide for my elderly family members. They are now able to live independently for many years without sacrificing our peace of mind.
We feel a lot more secure knowing that they could get help quickly if needed.
Thanks, API Alarm Inc.

Agent Bosko
Agent Bosko

Read Contract Carefully

I was using API Alarm for monitoring services for over 10 years. My last contract of 36 months expired in 2017 and we thought we can cancel at any time since we didn't renew the contract.
Recently I learned that this big company has only one monitoring station to handle all the alarm calls. I decided to switch to a different monitoring company that has 6 stations. We all understand the importance of time when alarm is triggered and the respond time.
We sent email with cancellation request, they called to confirm contract is cancelled and two months later we received bill in mail to pay two months fee for cancellation fee. After I reviewed my contract from 2014 I realized that I should've read it more carefully. Terms and Agreement state that upon completion of the 36 months, the Agreement will renew automatically from year to year, unless cancelled in writing 60 days prior to the renewal date. So technically you are always on the hook for another year and for 60 days cancellation fee because your contract will always automatically renew for 1 year. So, if you want to move to another monitoring stations, even after you've been a client for over 10 years or if you are selling your house make sure to time your moving date to correspond with end of your contract otherwise you'll have to pay 60 days cancellation fee. I complained to the billing department and they told me that when API called to confirm our cancellation they should've also informed us about 60 days cancellation fee, which they didn't. My advice is to read your contract carefully and even better find another company that treats long terms clients with more respect.

Audrey in Waterloo
Audrey in Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

Upgrade to system with cameras

Great technicians, both very pleasant young men. Worked diligently to complete the job.
Had to return to complete the job.
Office staff, Judy, was also very professional and pleasant to speak with.

Donna S in Vaughan
Donna S in Vaughan

Emergency Service

My alarm would not reset and I was without setting it in leaving. I called the center and a techician responded within 30 minutes. Since it could not be fixed he sent a technician. It took 3 hours and was back in working order. It appeared to be the result of a power surge. I was not charged.

i was impressed with the service, the effort and the followup.

Guy
Guy

Poor Customer Serice

I've had API alarm for close to 3 years and has soon as the 3 years are done I/'m cancelling the service with this company that only care about your monthly payment.

When you call their billing department, to change your billing information they will not answer the phone or call you back.

When you call the monitoring centre to report a false alarm, you will be put on hold before somebody takes your call.

Kenneth in Brampton
Kenneth in Brampton

The dispatch time is ridiculously long

It took them an hour to call us, so we got robbed. Imagine how much longer it would've taken to dispatch. By the time we got home, all of our stuff was gone. All the "good" reviews are fake reviews, dont trust!

ali in Brampton
ali in Brampton

Shady business, don't trust

They're completely not to be trusted. They dont protect your homes at all. All the homes that were protected under this system in neighborhood got robbed. Please dont get this services and protect yourself.

jgujral
jgujral

Fradulent Billing Practices

We signed up with API for alarm monitoring through a dealer company - Hi-Tech Homes (also goes by Canimex). There was no contract signed for the duration of the services. Last year, we notified Hi-Tech Homes and API of our intention to terminate services after becoming aware of unethical business practices by the dealer - Hi-Tech Homes, which created a fake law firm to go after customers that expressed dissatisfaction with their services. After being made aware of these practices, alongside evidence of fake websites and intimidating emails, API's response was to do nothing and defer to the dealer. Fast forward five months, when we notified API and Hi-Tech Homes of our intention to terminate services when the current pre-paid term expires in July 2018. Instead of complying with our request in the absence of a contract, Hi-Tech Homes continued to send harassing emails. API is copied on the communications. On June 4, I wrote to API to request their help - AGAIN. Here is the exchange:

Email to API:

We received another email from Tony at Canimex this morning indicating he will not be closing our account with API.

I am writing to ask for API's corporate policy for addressing a situation of willful customer fraud and intimation by an API dealer where there is no contract with the customer (as communicated by me to several members of the API team last year and this year, and corroborated by your email exchange with Canimex on May 15), and the customer has notified both Canimex and API in writing of their intention to terminate services (per my email to API and Cainmex on May 10).

Response from API:

As I have told you before we cannot cancel your account with API unless Tony cancels your account with us.

I have just emailed him to address the situation ASAP with you since you sent us the cancellation. Contract or no contract this is between you and Tony.

API has nothing to do with your arrangements .

end of email exchange.

I am shocked at API and Hi-Tech Homes treatment and willful intention to defraud customers in this way and will be taking action. Others BEWARE of both API and Hi-Tech Homes.

Kevin  in Victoria
Kevin in Victoria
2 reviews Victoria, BC

API Monitoring Can't Meet Customer Needs

When my installer switched to API from our original monitoring company we had problems from the start. When we accidentally triggered the intruder alarm and then disarmed we never got a call. I called them and they will not call if the intruder alarm is cancelled by the owner. I explained that if there was an intruder alarm at night l would first disable the alarm/siren so I could investigate. They are not set up to do this. Instead they started calling us when the had an indication of an opening. I could not resolve situation, they seemed to be somewhat dense. I moved to another company that ensures each customers needs are met.

Hi Kevin,
What you are referring to is a cancel call - this can be done however this is something that must be setup via your installing company and has to do with how the system is programmed and reports the the monitoring station. I suggest talking to your alarm company about what they can do to help you out in this situation.

More about Api Alarm Inc

Electronic Security Systems
Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Concord?