AA Waters and Brookes

HomeStars  >  Sprinkler Systems in Vaughan  >  AA Waters and Brookes

Reviews for AA Waters and Brookes

1 review Oshawa, ON

Sprinkler system annual maintenance

We have been dealing with this company for twenty years. They installed our system and return annually for system opening, closing and mid-season check. The technicians are well-trained and hard-working, and the office staff is friendly and organized, and most accommodating with regard to appointment set-up. I would recommend them without hesitation

Lawn sprinkler

The office was great. They set a time for me to meet with Mr. Brookes. He explained options which no one else did. He provided a detailed proposal with a lot of backup material. They arrived on time.
Our yard was very complex to install a sprinkler system. Many different planting beds and patios. Almost no sign of the work they did. Everything got watered. They took their time to show me and explain to me how to use the timer.
Awesome

Greendoor in Toronto
Greendoor in Toronto

Unreliable

I paid in advance but never received the service I paid for. The office was very uncooperative when I tried to get some resolution. The boss was apparently not interested in trying to make it right.

Bob in Toronto
Bob in Toronto

Long-Time Customers

AA Waters & Brookes installed our sprinkler system about eleven years ago, and we have been extremely pleased with their continuing high standard of service. The office staff is always pleasant and accommodating, but the technicians, especially Wael and Jeff, have especially gone "above and beyond" in helping us. Over the years, whenever there has been a technical issue, Wael has been our go-to person. Yesterday, Jeff performed the shutdown of our system. In the past, some of the technicians have said that I haven't closed the indoor valve strongly enough to keep the water, so I asked Jeff to ensure that it was shut tightly enough. Without being asked, he removed his boots before he came in. In this day and age, that's unbelievably thoughtful.

Pauline Leslie in Georgetown
Pauline Leslie in Georgetown
2 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Service and communication/seasonal shutdown

This company put in a sprinkler system last year. The office, Anne, as well as the service gentleman, Wael, have been over the top. During shut down, last week Wael , carried out his duties while also assisting me do some heavy lifting. This company helps not only the grass but the clients.

Bharat in Cambridge
Bharat in Cambridge

sprinkler installatioh

IT has been spring grass even in July and August after the installation of my sprinkler system. The layout, installation and operation of the system has been exceptional. The installers were friendly and informative. I would recommend the company without hesitation.

Happy to hear you are enjoying your new lawn sprinkler system.

sprinkler system

very professional, clean installation and garden back to the way it looked.
Great show and tell after to learn the details of use of the system
Good value for the size of the project

Thank-you.

Ron Wright in Pickering
Ron Wright in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Sprinkler System Installation

The crew came in and did a great job installing the sprinkler system. Very neat, repaired the lawn where they disturbed it. The installation was very professional. They've set up a number of zones to provide proper coverage.

I'm very satisified with the results.

Thank-you for your kind words, Mr. Wright.

D.B. in Maple, On
D.B. in Maple, On

Sprinkler System for Garden

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!
The product is very good, the installation was very good but that is were it ends. Joanne, the office manager, is very rude and condescending and takes zero accountability. As part of the service, you are suppose to get called to open and close your system in the spring and fall. This spring there have been no calls, it is now the beginning of July and still no calls have been placed to open my system. When I called, I am told it would be a full week and during the business day. When I stated that was not really acceptable because I would have to lose a days work to stay home and that I would need an evening appointment, I was transferred to Joanne. Joanne came on the phone in a rude manner and after a brief discussion, said if "you were so concerned why didn't you call sooner. Don't blame this on us!." I asked to speak with the owner Alan Brooke and was told he would not call me back because she handles these issues.

Instead of simply apologizing for the over-sight and trying to work with me to get a more suitable time, she continued to be rude and the call escalated into a yelling match between to two of us.

If the owner of a company will not return calls and the office manager is rude, it is no longer a company I trust to do business with and strongly advise anyone considering this company to reconsider their options. They are probably one of the more expensive solutions, their service should also reflect that price and their "office manager" should have better customer service skills.

My system is now useless as if I use another company to open or close it, it voids the warranty. So I paid $1500 for some one to be rude to me and only received 3 months of use of this system. DO. OT USE THIS COMPANY!

DB called our office on Thursday, July 6, 2017 for a spring start-up of her lawn sprinkler system.

She said she had not received a call from us to start-up her system. We sent DB an Extended Warranty contract in February 2017, which we asked to be signed and returned so we could schedule her spring start up and winterization for the year. This contract allows customers to get scheduled earlier in the season, and we take the initiative to call and arrange appointments for the season. This was explained when the proposal was provided to DB. However, DB never returned her contract. We try our best to provide all of our customers with a courtesy call to schedule their spring start up, but various circumstances may prevent us from getting to everyone, every year. We always encourage our customers, if they haven’t heard from us, to give us a call. Just like it’s the driver’s responsibility to arrange an oil change for their car, so calling to set up appointments for a sprinkler system is the customer’s responsibility, try as we might to take it on ourselves.

We were able to offer DB an appointment on Thursday, July 13, 2017, one week later, but DB thought that was too late. Maryann, one of our administrators, apologized, but assured her that after scouring the schedule, Thursday was the first available day. DB asked what time the appointment would be, and Maryann told her that, as is the case with all appointments, we were unable to provide her with a time of day until two days prior (when all customers are notified), as that is when the technicians’ days are routed (based on location). Calls tend to come in before then, which can significantly alter the schedule and so prevents us from providing a time window any earlier. She was frustrated because she thought we were expecting her to take a full day off work, which is not the case, as she would be provided with a time of day two days prior. This is also the way we had always serviced her previously, so she would have been familiar with our procedure.

DB then spoke to the office manager, and expressed her immense anger at having to reiterate her frustrations to a second person, even as the first seemed unable to provide her with a solution she could be happy with. The office manager tried to offer a solution that would prevent her having to take the day off, which was to offer the next available first appointment of the day. However, because these appointments tend to be popular, DB thought the date offered was still too far. The only closer date we had available was Thursday the 13th, which she was offered previously.

Because she insisted that her flowers were going to die in the coming heat, we asked why she had waited so long to call. DB seemed to take the question personally, as she responded “How dare you, my father just died”. We understand that the stress of grief may have contributed to her frustration with our office staff, who were following procedure while doing the best they could to provide her with service as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the conversation escalated and our office manager asked that DB call back when she was able to speak more respectfully.

DB called back immediately and requested the phone number of the owner. However, scheduling appointments is the responsibility of the office staff, which the owner has entrusted to them. The office manager told DB as much, to which DB continued to respond heatedly. Our office staff are people who have a right to be spoken to with respect and dignity. Because she felt these rights had been violated, our office manager hung up. DB called back, leaving a message that stated she was going to post a negative review of our company, everywhere she could.

This year, we have been unusually busy. Numerous companies have gone out of business and their clients have been calling us. Also, when we would call our clients, they requested delays to starting their systems due to the weather, as this summer was particularly rainy. Even so, we try to offer appointments as soon as possible, but in July, our typical turn-around time is seven days, which is what we offered to DB.

It is surprising to hear DB's negative comments about our office staff’s efforts. Many clients, including those having made comments in Homestars, and people who I have spoken to, have commented how professional and courteous the office staff are.

Because we are sorry for any inconvenience we might have caused, we are willing to offer DB, free service for both her spring start up and winterization in 2018, as long as she confirms her acceptance of our offer by March 1, 2018, which is when our customer contracts start to come due.

Clarence in Uxbridge
Clarence in Uxbridge
1 review Uxbridge, ON

New sprinkler system

Extremely happy with this company. Competitive, efficient and very pleasant. They finished the job in 3 days exactly as they said. We wouldn't even know they were here. Cleaned up and even re-seeded the lawn !

Thank-you for your kind review

More about AA Waters and Brookes

A,A Waters & Brookes is dedicated to installing and servicing lawn sprinklers that meet the specific needs of our customers. We use only top quality material and the latest technology to guarantee system reliability and longevity, and every system is designed to maintain uniformity of coverage. Our Team members are Certified Irrigation Technicians, Landscape Technicians, and Backflow Testers. We also employ a full office staff to answer all of your questions and ensure the best possible customer service.

A. A. Waters & Brookes has been in business for over 28 years and is owned and operated by a professional engineer who is a certified irrigation contractor and designer. We work with home owners, landscape contractors, home builders and general contractors throughout Toronto, the GTA and southern Ontario. The company ensures that your lawn sprinkler and irrigation systems are designed, installed and maintained to your satisfaction