Kitchen Crafters

HomeStars  >  Countertops in Richmond  >  Kitchen Crafters

Review for Kitchen Crafters

Nikki from Mississauga
Nikki from Mississauga

custom kitchen and bathroom renovation

Well honestly Im beginning to feel very frustrated with this company and very very surprised by the few reviews. I've been struggling since I made my first downpayment of $6000 in early Nov 2015. Then they asked me for another $4000 for the downpayment for a basic (no drawings) 58' bathroom vanity only (no countertop or sink) and I asked for it to match my bedroom furniture set and they kept a dresser drawer to do the match. They made me a shaker vanity with silver knobs and my bedroom dresser cabinets are raised panel with brass knobs and the wood they used to make it was different than the wood they originally told me they were going to use. (it looks good...but not custom made to my bedroom set like I hoped for) Regarding my kitchen we did a custom design together out of walnut, for the cabinet doors and maple for the wood framing for a quote of over $60,000 (without the counter tops). Does that seem like a lot? So when the walnut wood order for just the cabinet doors arrived for my kitchen in early March 2016 I was told to pay another downpayment of $8000. And then yesterday I was emailed that I needed to get ready for another downpayment..FYI..as of today May 31...I have absolutely nothing except for a photo of a very dusty simple master bathroom vanity that is sitting in their front entrance of the shop. When the kitchen drawings were done in January my husband went down to the shop to check it out, see what was going on with our project and was told we were top priority job and our last name was noted #1 on his chalkboard inside his office. We were told that my entire project, kitchen cabinets and 2 bathroom vanities would take maximum 6 weeks from mid March. Just knowing how busy they kept telling me they were I booked June 123 off work as vacation days to be available for the installation. Guess what ..they told me tonight that the cabinet doors are still not constructed (I thought they were making my kitchen cabinet doors but I guess they are being completed somewhere else??) and they still need to be stained also yet. Also I was told that they are running a day behind on the framing. Good Lord is a kitchen even being made for me. My friends are constantly on my back with how stupid I am for having made all these payments. What should I do?? I feel left in the dark. They told me they would send me a picture on progress 3 weeks ago ...but that never happened. I do not recommend anyone deal with this company. Im on pins and needles and I feel like I will have to book off more vacation for my kitchen installation and during the summer which I like to spend with my family away from my house. When I mentioned that they will have to wait to Sept to finish up the project because I go away for the summer they seemed very less than thrilled with me. Anyhow lets wait and see what happens..I will keep you posted. Seems like a nice young company with a young owner and young family...so I have faith.