I hired Detailed Drywall in the summer of 2007 to drywall my walkout basement. Their scope included drywall supply, install, mud, tape, sand and spray texture of the ceiling. This was for all walls and ceilings in a large rec room, bathroom, office, three closets and a stairwell. This was an extremely busy time for residential construction in Calgary so I was nervous as to the quality of workmanship available to complete this work. I did not have any personal references for Detailed and only discovered them by looking in the Yellow Pages and checking their reputation on the BBB website (where they had no complaints). Lorne Boychuk was the first person I spoke to at Detailed and he provided me with references of satisfied customers to whom I could speak with. Lorne came out personally to price out the job and went about each room carefully planning out the sheet sizes he would need to use for each room. I found him professional to deal with, he answered all of my questions, and when the quote came, I was comfortable that it was well thought out and was also fairly priced. Also, Detailed did not require any deposits and only required that I sign off approval on their contract to get the job started and order the drywall for delivery. I was only required to make one payment for 90% of the work once the entire job was fully complete and an invoice was mailed to us. The remaining 10% was invoiced once the 45 holdback period (per the Alberta Builders Liens Act) had cleared after job completion. I found the quality of the completed job to be very good and others have commented the same upon viewing the finished work. I had also requested rounded corners for all corner bead and also had a tricky curved wall that needed to be installed overtop of the basement stairs. Again, I was impressed with the work done and glad that I did not even try to attempt to do this work myself. The only subcontracting that Detailed completed was arranging for a nother company to come in and spray texture the ceiling. As far as any areas for improvement, there were some days that the work crews were late in arriving but it was explained that they had other jobs in the area at other stages of completion that they were in the middle of completing, so perhaps project coordination could be improved. Based on my positive experience, I recommended Detailed to a friend of mine and they also completed his basement project in the fall of 2008. I would have no hesitation in recommending Detailed to others.
- Company Response
We just signed up for Homestars and noticed your review. We love hearing back from our customers and are very pleased to hear your experience was a good one. Thanks again for the review and we hope to hear from you again for your next drywall project.