CLK Design Build

Basement Renovation
Toronto ON M9B 2M4

Reviews for CLK Design Build

Two Bathroom Renovations and Painting of Main Spaces

CLK Design completed renovations on my two bathrooms in three weeks this spring; both bathrooms were completely gutted and re-built. They also re-painted the main spaces upstairs and downstairs during that time. They were an excellent team to work with. Lawrence is a great Project Manager/GC. He arranged for the trades (e.g. electrician, plumber, tilers, etc.) to come to the house when the work needed to get done and he confirmed with them what was required and dealt with any issues; he handled that big part of renovations that I dislike. He also took me to the suppliers, etc. to pick out tiles, faucets, etc. He was very honest in his recommendations which I very much appreciated.

Lawrence also uses a great team to do the work. Karin and Liam, in particular were focused on both quality and getting the job done. The teams cleaned up after their day's work and were very pleasant to deal with. They were polite, personable and most importantly arrived on time. They were also very honest and trustworthy. When I asked for an opinion on something (from their experience), they were very upfront. Also, often I had to leave them in the house to attend to work issues and I there were never any problems.

I have since recommended CLK Design to my sisters and Lawrence and his team are currently doing work for one of my sisters. I have also recommended them to about three other people.

I would highly recommend using CLK Design if you want a quality job done effectively! Thanks Lawrence and the rest of the CLK Design team!

gareth s.
gareth s.

Full Gut

CLK did an excellent job on multiple occasions at our home over the years, from a full upstairs/downstairs gut renovation (new kitchen, floors, HVAC, etc) to a new basement (stairs, bathroom, re-poured floor, etc) to some smaller jobs like a new bathroom and renovated garage.

Each time (3 separate projects) the team were organized, transparent and extremely customer focused. They helped with everything from design work and consulting on how to choose the right materials, etc

Really great people to work with.

Kathie
Kathie

Home renovation

Lawrence and his team offered to do my house renovation on very short notice at a busy time of year. All the trades that worked on the project were polite and professional. The reno included 1 small bathroom, a kitchen, new engineered hardwood floors upstairs and down (in a small bungalow) and removal of one wall. The project took them 3 months and the trades rarely showed up when scheduled and rarely came except for after hours when their regular work was done. I asked for a shower insert in the bathroom. I saw when they put up the drywall that it wasn't there. I was told that my bathroom was framed with 2 x 2's so that the mistake of not including it did not have to be corrected. I later learned that my bathroom was not framed with 2 x 2's at all. They installed a damaged vanity in the bathroom and tried to disguise the damage. The light over the vanity was not centered and I had to ask many times for that, along with all the other deficiencies to be corrected. They took away my doorbell and never replaced it. They left a large hole unfinished underneath my kitchen cupboards and told me that it was quite normal. I insisted that it be finished and eventually they did correct it. I would not recommend this company at all.

Review has 1 previous version
kevin.faught
kevin.faught

Bathroom Renovation

Jon and the team at CLK did an excellent job on my bathroom reno. It was a complete gut and replace in an old house which always presents its challenges, but it was something they had lots of experience with and proved not to be an issue. Everything was very professional, there was great communication from start to finish, and I felt completely confident throughout the whole process that it was being done right. The finished bathroom looks amazing. Everything was kept to budget and was completed on time. I will use CLK for future projects and have already recommended them to many friends!

More about CLK Design Build

Welcome to CLK DEsign Build Lawrence and Jon Kolyn are a father and son run company specializing in residential renovation and design projects. Based in the west end of Toronto, we happily take on projects throughout the GTA and beyond. For more information about our wide range of services or ...
Looking for Basement Renovation pros in Woodbridge?