Homeland Property Main. And Const.

General Contractors
Toronto ON M6M 2H9
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in York  >  Homeland Property Main. And Const.

Reviews for Homeland Property Main. And Const.

Condo Renovation

I hired Homeland to do some renovations of my condo, including the kitchen and living room. They came into look at my job, presented themselves very professionally and explained the process of completion, of all the features that I wanted included in my scope of work. Once they broke down the process they told me they would provide a quote within 24hrs. 24hrs later I had a quote that was fair and detailed. I felt very confident with their abilities and they were able to provide references for previous work and solidified my decision to go with them. It was a difficult job with all the work I wanted completed and the fact that its in a condo with neighbors and building management to deal with. They were able to finish all that I had asked for and were able to finish on time. At first, I was dreading going through this reno job but with Homeland they were able to bring the job to completion. I would absolutely hire again and recommend them.

Stephen in Toronto
Stephen in Toronto

AVOID - Paver Stone Driveway Botchery

A case of you get what you pay for. We used hpmac as they were completing a job at our neighbors house and promised to complete our driveway quick. In the end the job took over 3 weeks for a 15'' x 7'' parking spot for our car. The quality of work was questionable at best. We expressed at the start of the job that we were not picky about an overall pattern or design. Derek took that notion as "put stones anywhere". Our driveway is now a mix match of some stones placed with intention and awkward random stones cut just to fit holes. We had hoped that there would be intention on Derek's part to present the best possible finished product he could. It was clear that was not his intention. The entire job was done with an attempt to cut corners and complete the job at the lowest possible cost to himself. A good example of this was when he ran out of stone to finish the job. Instead of picking up more of the same stone (as was agreed upon) he decided to use a completely different brand, colour, and finish of stone. When we expressed our concern he passed it off as a miscommunication on our part. Do not recommend to anyone unless you enjoy terrible work and being threatened to be taken to small claims court - class act.

EDIT: Instead of rebutting the "Company Response" below, which is distorted and erroneous, I've decided to add more photos highlighting the quality of work a week after completion. Regardless of any miscommunication on either party this was the "finished product" we expressed concerns about. Finding an honest and qualified contractor can be a difficult task at times. Don't make the same mistake we did.

I am sorry you were not happy with the finished product. Before we started this project, I made it very clear that because you had asked us to use two different types of stones that were multiple sizes, it would be impossible to come up with any sort of consistent design. Given the scope of work, to use the material you provided from two previous interlock jobs, and no specific design required, we did the very best that we could. The base was very well compacted, the grading was done properly, but given the two different types of stone in multiple sizes, it would be impossible to illustrate a consistent design as I mentioned from the beginning.

As per your request, I moved some stones back and forth to try and satisfy the look you wanted. When we ran out of the stones you had, and needed to fill in the last 10%, your wife said as long as the stone is a similar colour and she could park her car that evening it would be complete. The following day, you expressed concern that the stone I found was not a good enough colour match, I then sourced stones that matched very closely. You were satisfied that I found a very similar stone but continued to ask me to move other stones around and rework the design.

Ultimately I could see that you were not going to pay us unless we purchased all new stones out of pocket and came up with a design, however that's not fair given the scope of work was to use the two different types of stone that you had and you were previously informed that installing this with a consistent design would be impossible.

Again, I'm sorry you were not satisfied with our work, I tried several times to make you a happy customer and when you threatened not to pay at all unless I redo the project with new stones, I had no other choice than asking you to take this to court to come to a fair resolution.

More about Homeland Property Main. And Const.

We are a full service renovation company servicing residential and commercial clients since 2011.