This review is has been updated to reflect post-renovation service, as the company had excellent communication and honoured the renovation warranty.
The basement renovation was completed February 2020, but there were a few things that came up afterwards that needed attention. Alex and his team responded very quickly to the communications and someone was out to do repairs right away
We ultimately decided on HTR on several factors:
1) Their quote was organized and transparent.
2) Their sales guy Dmitry replied quickly, and communicated clearly.
3) They were priced competitively for the scope of work, and were able to articulate where the costs came from in their breakdown
4) They were able to promise a 3-4 week renovation.
Experience during the renovation:
- All of their trades people are very skilled, and for the most part they all treated our house with respect.
- Executed the work under 4 weeks, which was very impressive.
- Payment was scheduled and well organized throughout the process.
- Project manager, Alex, did a good job replying to emails and returning calls when there were extra questions.
- Project stayed on budget for what we were quoted. They delivered on all of those aspects, and in the end we are satisfied with the renovation.
There were a few details that were missed, this was mainly due to the poor job completed by the painter (he got paint on the beautiful railing that a different contractor did an amazing job on). Overall though, the job was completed well.
There was a small leak about 9 months after the renovation, Alex sent plumbers out the next day to take a look and repair at no cost, honouring the warranty.
This level of service that far after the renovation has caused us to update this review to reflect our satisfaction as we would refer HTR Basements.