HTR Basements

Terry
Terry
4 reviews Ajax, ON

Basement finish in Ajax

Alex and his team did an awesome job finishing my basement. We had an unfinished (750 sqft) basement from a subdivision house built in the 1980's. The process was smooth without any hiccups.

Here are a few items I would like to highlight
- Someone was working EVERYDAY
- The job finished within expected timeline
- The finish was great, no concerns with quality
- The staff was very respectful

We would recommend to anyone, you will not be disappointed.

Hi Terry, thank you so much for your great review! We’re so glad you had a good experience with HTR Basements! We will pass along your kind words to our team, they will be so happy to hear of your satisfaction with their work! HTR team loves to hear from our customers, and we’re proud to serve the GTA with quality basement renovations. If you know anyone else who could use our company, please keep us in mind and have them call 905-754-4696. Thank you again for your review and for being a valued HTR Basements customer. We are very pleased to hear that your basement is now a great use of space! Our designers work extremely hard to ensure our customer satisfaction and your positive feedback keeps them motivated. We do make sure to provide you with high quality material for you to have a long lasting enjoyable basement. Enjoy your basement for years to come! HTR Basements Team!

Margaret in Toronto
Margaret in Toronto

Overall Satisfied - But the details suffered at the end of the renovation

We recently had our basement renovation completed by HTR. We ultimately decided to go with them based on several factors:

1) Their quote was organized and transparent.
2) Their sales guy Dmitry replied quickly, and communicated clearly.
3) They were priced competitively for the scope of work, and were able to articulate where the costs came from in their breakdown
4) They were able to promise a 3-4 week renovation.

Experience during the renovation:

- All of their trades people are very skilled, and for the most part they all treated our house with respect.
- Executed the work under 4 weeks, which was very impressive.
- Payment was scheduled and well organized throughout the process.
- For the most part scheduling was smooth but there was a couple times the different trades people were not scheduled correctly leading to them stepping on each others toes, and probably contributed to some of my complaints further down in this review. (example: Flooring person trying to lay floor while plumbers & painters are trying to work around him. Or Painter having to come back a couple times as the plumbers are brushing up against their walls while they paint).
- Project manager did a good job replying to my emails and returning calls when there were extra questions.
- Project stayed on budget for what we were quoted.

They delivered on all of those aspects, and in the end we are satisfied with the renovation. That being said why there rating is not a perfect 10 is for the following reasons.

The bad:

1) The tiny details at the end were missed or unfinished. As the workload and payment got smaller their focus seemed to drift a bit leading to the following complaints:

- The nice varnished railing they put up on our stairs has white paint in the grooves that we cannot remove no matter how hard we try. The
stair railing should have been added after the painting was complete, or the painters should have put a cover on top of it.

- tiny bits of paint on the floor that's right next to the baseboard that their cleaning crew missed and is not easy for us to get still remains.

- Top of the bulkhead was not fully painted. On our door wall and bulkhead we have two different colours, yet on the top of a bulkhead of drywall the paint seems to be haphazardly splashed resulting in an unfinished look that we need to touch up.

- The stone veneer fireplace(which looks great for the most part) has white caulking/dust lines all over parts of it. Leading to a dirty look in some parts of the stone, that we have to spend the time removing and cleaning, which is not easy.

2) Lack of communication in one area caused an expensive repair for us.

- We have an old furnace that has been chugging along for some time with no issues, and while we knew we'd have to replace it one day, we were not prepared to have to do it immediately after the reno. Our Reliance Furnace Tech believes it died so suddenly for the following reason:

- There taping and mudding person shut off the furnace and airflow while they worked, but they did not block the furnace venting or advise us that once it was turned on again it would absorb all of the drywall compound that was in the air. So as soon as the reno was completed our furnace died, and we had an enormous amount of drywall compound caked and dried into the furnace.

Had HTR informed us that this was a risk, or that we should get the furnace cleaned out once the work was done (or done it themselves), we wouldn't have had to spend $5,000+ after an already expensive reno. A simple email during the reno would have saved us one extremely cold weekend, and an expensive headache.

The above mentioned issues spoils what was an almost perfect renovation up until that point, but in the end a nice finished basement was what we asked for and what was delivered.....just don't look too closely at the hand railing or baseboards.

Hi Margaret, we're so happy you had such a great experience with us! Thank you for your lovely review, HTR Basements team will be happy to hear about your satisfaction with their work. Enjoy your basement!

Jonathan in Scarborough
Jonathan in Scarborough
0 reviews Aurora, ON

Basement Renovation

I highly recommend HTR for your renovation project. HTR finished our basement which offered us another spectacular living space. Their craftsmanship is best in the industry. Alex and his team were very professional, respectful and organIzed. The project was finished in under a month and includes an ESA inspection. HTR fixed a leaking pipe, foundation crack and installed a vanity on the main floor as well. HTR stands behind their work offering a 12 month warranty. The fireplace stone wall is amazing! Thanks to Alex and his team for an amazing basement project within our budget.

Thank you Jonathan! We’re so glad you had a good experience with HTR Basements!

Edvard in Toronto
Edvard in Toronto

Basement renovation, elevator finishing

If you are looking for the company to finish your basement, look no further , HTR Basement is a group of professional hard working people that may convert your basement into one you are dreaming of. Every single person working with this company is professional, cooperative, understanding and above all very nice. Alex (the boss), Dmitry (designer), Vlad (the electrician), Sergey (framer), Edward (trim guy), Sasha (plumber) Vitaliy (handyman), painters, cleaning team and all others working in this great company, Thank you very much HTR Basements for the amazing job you've done in our basement. I will definitely recommend HTR to any one planning to finish or renovate their basement.

Thank you for your review Edvard! We’re so glad you had a good experience with HTR Basements!

Alessandro in Toronto
Alessandro in Toronto

Basement finishing - East York, Toronto

HTR Basements handled the basement finishing aspect of our renovation. And while our basement was small there were aspects of it that were certainly not simple. HTR provided us with an impressive 3d rendering of what our basement would look like well in advance of our start date, this required immense creativity because at the time our basement wasn't even underpinned (looked like a troll's dungeon). During the project, everything was smooth -- all the various trades people were pleasant, efficient and very hardworking. They finished in accordance with an online schedule that listed start and end dates for each trade. Their price was inline with my expectations (some of the prices I received from other companies were absolutely ridiculous for a basement of my size). Happy we hired HTR Basements - you will be too. Highly recommended. I will be hiring HTR for future projects around my home.

Thank you Alessandro. It was an interesting and challenging project indeed. Glad to hear you enjoyed the process and the results.

zubin8038 in Richmond Hill
zubin8038 in Richmond Hill
0 reviews Newmarket, ON

Basement renovation

After reaching out to 5 highly rated contractors to finish our basement we chose HTR Basements for the following reasons:
1) While others ball parked costs and provided general layout suggestions, Dimitri from HTR confidently provided a detailed, itemized breakdown and layout. Other companies ensured they could come in at a lower cost however when pushed to itemize the costs they came in over HTRs quote and couldn’t ensure the equivalent quality (ie nosing in stairs matching the flooring)
2) speed: while others estimated 5+ weeks HTR quickly set a schedule of 3 weeks and came in ahead of schedule. This is massive given the amount of dust and workers coming in and out daily not to mention the space taken by the bin in the driveway.
3) professionalism: the subcontractors were diligent, hard working and respectful.
4) quality: excellent
5) easy: HTR is a one stop shop where they provide samples of flooring, paint colours, finishes, vanities, etc etc. We simply chose what we liked and didn’t worry about the rest
6) excellent service: Alex and Dimitri were both amazing in corresponding with my wife and I and went the extra mile to ensure little things were taken care of.

I can not recommend these guys highly enough. Trust me when I say a) I’m cheap and they came in at my budget b) I’m critical and the workmanship and service is second to none c) I’m lazy as anything and if I wrote all this out it’s because I feel passionately these guys are the best!

Thank you foe the detailed review Zubin!

Ivan
Ivan
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Basement

Basement looks great. Project was completed on time and Alex and Dmitry where great to work with.

Hi Ivan, thank you so much for your great review! We are very pleased to hear that your basement is now a great use of space! Our designers work extremely hard to ensure our customer satisfaction and your positive feedback keeps them motivated. We do make sure to provide you with high quality material for you to have a long lasting enjoyable basement. Enjoy your basement for years to come! HTR Basements Team!

Scott
Scott
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Basement

HTR took our basement from completely unfinished to completely finished. There were a few small hiccups along the way but that is to be expected when working on such a large job. Inventory of flooring and tiles could have been larger but in the end we got what we wanted. Overall we were very satisfied with the advice and job we received from HTR

Hi Scott, we're so happy you had such a great experience with us! Thank you for your lovely review, HTR Basements team will be happy to hear about your satisfaction with their work. Enjoy your basement!

Gladys and Taz in Richmond Hill
Gladys and Taz in Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Basement

We meet with Dimtry and Alex to get a quote for our basement. The whole team were excellent from start to finish, any changes we wanted they were very accommodating. It doesn't feel like a basement. It is very bright. We were lucky our basement was started earlier than intially planned . We totally recommend this company. We love our basement.
Gladys and Taz

Hi Gladys and Taz, we're so happy you had such a great experience with us! Thank you for your lovely review, HTR Basements team will be happy to hear about your satisfaction with their work. Enjoy your basement!

Happy Customer in Brampton
Happy Customer in Brampton

Basement Renovation

I have been meaning to get my basement finished for a few years now but have had difficulty finding the right Contractor to hire for the project. There are so many companies offering basement-finishing services but I had no idea how to choose one that was not just reasonable, but most importantly reliable and trustworthy. Handing over a large sum of money to someone you have never met before who promises to provide you with their service can be a very scary thing when you have no idea if they will be true to their word and will actually deliver on that promise. I have heard horror stories of contractors starting a job and then disappearing half way through, leaving their clients in a rubble of mess and scrambling to find someone else to complete the work. As a result, I need to ensure that I was hiring some who I could trust.

HTR came fully recommended by my close friend whose basement they had renovated and who was happy with their service. I saw my friend’s finished product and was impressed with the quality of the work and I knew right away that I could trust them to complete a similar project for me. I was immediately impressed with the handsome young man who came to my house to complete the estimate. He listened to the vision that I had for the space, made his own recommendations and incorporated it all into the 3D design that he provided prior to the start of the project. Throughout the project he was pretty flexible with all the changes that I requested and promptly updated his 3D drawings to match the changes. I liked the 3D design because it helped me to have a direct visual of what the space would look like once finished. I also like the website they gave me that allowed me to track the progress of the work, and for the most part, they were right on track.

What I liked most of all though was the fact that I felt totally at ease throughout the project. Apart from a couple miscommunications, everything ran smoothly and within my budget. Also, all the tradesmen and workers were respectful and professional and I had no concerns with giving them access to my home to complete their tasks while I was away at work. I am very happy with the end result and am fully enjoying the beautiful and comfortable extension of my home. I thank the entire team at HTR for making this such a positive experience. I would not hesitate to hire them again for any future project and I would recommend them to anyone I know who could use their service and expertise.

Hi Shawna, thank you so much for your great review! We will pass along your kind words to our team, they will be so happy to hear of your satisfaction with their work! We are very pleased to hear that your basement is now a great use of space! Our designers work extremely hard to ensure our customer satisfaction and your positive feedback keeps them motivated. We do make sure to provide you with high quality material for you to have a long lasting enjoyable basement. Enjoy your basement for years to come!

More about HTR Basements

Thank you for visiting HTR Basements. As one of GTA's leading basement finishing and basement contractors, we are committed to providing our customers with unparalleled value.
***
Our master craftsmen and our passion are what sets us apart from other basement finishing companies.
Basement finishing is a big investment, and it’s important to make a well-informed decision when it comes to choosing a basement contractor. High Tech Reno is fully insured, licensed, and has the experience to deliver quality finished basements. We specialize in basement designing, basement finishing, and remodeling basements in the GTA and surrounding areas. A finished basement can be a real asset to your home’s long-term equity and provide functional new living space for your family to enjoy. Entertainment areas and playrooms are perfect solutions for growing families. Home offices, exercise rooms, and additional bedrooms are also popular choices for homeowners looking for more usable living space. Whatever your needs are for your basement finishing project, our basement specialists can meet your needs with the perfectly finished basement. Contact us today at 905-754-4696 to get a free estimate and start your basement remodeling process.
***
HTR Basements experts provide quality basement renovation services throughout the GTA. HTR Basements is The Best Basement Renovation company with a mission: Give customers the best basements, bathrooms and kitchens, at the most affordable price without compromising quality and service. When GTA homeowners choose High Tech Renovation as their Basement Finishing contractor, they are pleasantly surprised by our personal approach to the remodeling process and our dedication to their comfort and enjoyment throughout each stage. We treat each and every job as if it were in our own home.
***
We look forward to adding you and your basement to our ever-growing list of basement remodeling successes!