First Class Fencing

Reviews for First Class Fencing

Art
Art

Fencing

From the very beginning our experience with First Class was exemplary. The sales associate Tyler was professional, personable and knowledgeable. He was right on time, took detailed notes and took the time to discuss our options for our fence. He answered my questions to the best of his ability and explained some of the finer points of your company with regard to quality.
As good as Tyler was, the installer, Eric, was even better. Eric was amazing. He worked quickly and efficiently, listened carefully to our requests and made certain that everything he did was to our liking. He took great care to ensure that there was minimal disruption to both yards and kept the excavation of the dirt away from the landscaped rocks and garden plants. Eric is a gentleman and a true craftsman. The end result is a solid, well constructed and aesthetically pleasing fence that will last for many years to come, built on time, exactly as promised and within the original estimate and time-frame.

Hi Art,

Thanks for the review of your experience! Our goal is to always provide a pleasant experience from the time of the first call to the completion of the project and it is great to hear Tyler and Eric provided just that.

It was an absolute pleasure working with you and should you ever need anything, do not hesitate to give us a call!

Todd in Calgary
Todd in Calgary

Vinyl Fence

FCF did a wood coloured 170 foot Vinyl fence with a small retaining wall for us.
They were out the next day to do our quote. We booked in late summer and our work was completed in a timely matter after the start was pushed back because of weather ( I was a little worried when one guy showed up to do the work, but he did a great job, skilled, fast and efficient ). They did a great job on the step down sections. I look forward to never having to paint another fence.

Hey Todd,

Thank you for the kind words and we are really happy to hear you had a great experience and that you'll never have to paint another fence. :)

Feel free to give us a call if you ever need anything.

Fence renew

We are very happy with" first class fencing ".
Thank you so much.
The new fence is great!
Angela

Thanks for the kind words Angela. Enjoy the new fence and feel free to call us if you ever need anything :)

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Unprofessional customer Service

My neighbor and myself signed a fence building contract with First Class Fencing in the summer of 2019. Project wasn't completed until December of the same year.
There was a delay due to incorrect post holes dug in the initial process, we told First Class that the fence posts should be aligned with other neighbors' fences before the project started (no on-site meeting before digging). Project had to stop and an on-site meeting was requested. When the Project Manager showed up, we explained the problems and holes should be fixed without cost, PM replied no problem (verbal agreement). However, we received an e-mail later on from the PM that we have to pay additional charge ($500.00) for re-digging the holes, or continue the project with the already dug holes. We had 5 days to respond otherwise the project will be cancelled and additional 30% restocking charge will be added (should be 20% based on the contract). My neighbor and myself were stressed out trying to figured out the best way, so we made an offer to First Class to re-dig the holes at $250.00, First Class accepted the offer, and project resumed.
In conclusion, we don't recommend First Class because of poor communications, no on-site meeting before project started, and we had to pay for the mistakes that they made.

Hello Taka/Samir,

Henry here. We apologize deeply for the stress we caused you. This is not to change directions or point fingers, but this also yielded stress for us in our efforts to find a solution. We go to great lengths to provide our customers with the best possible experience and as a whole our customers find our / my estimates to be very detailed, which we pride ourselves on. Unfortunately, in your case, the paperwork that was signed never stated spacing, nor was it discussed in person and even in bolded letters on your paperwork it states: “Please do not sign this contract if there has been promises made that have not been written down within this contract or it may not be delivered upon.” And well as “Post placement is based on the Customer’s documentation”. Which is the nature of the issue at hand.

I/we are an open book and believe 100% in full transparency for our clients and I am open to providing estimates from previous clients where post spacing was discussed and stated in contract/drawing. On the day I visited Taka and I walked the line in detail and stated exactly the style of fence and where he wanted the fence to end which did not end in a multiple of 8’. That measurement was stated in the estimate and drawing. Then it was mentioned we were expected to provide additional material and footage to make it a multiple of 8’ spacings after the work had begun, which prompted us to redo all the work we had already done. Due to what we had discussed in the estimate, we were ending the fence line exactly where I was asked. As per our expert opinion for ornamental fence we do 8’ spacing and cut the last individual panel down. This also falls in line with the industry standard and has several benefits for the customer.

Additionally, I spent much time after working hours to get things resolved. With the $125 you each paid for the change of scope, that charge was only 1/3 the cost of labour. Once the number was agreed on, we felt we had come to terms being we covered most the cost and you signed off on it. (Taka had discussed this with our controller, but happy to provide that paperwork)

It’s unfortunate you feel we do not admit our mistakes. I / our team believe heavily in humility and we are happy to admit our mistakes. That said, we did fail on the restocking fee of 30%. I believe the explanation was missed when we said 30% instead of 20%. I know our controller has since discussed this with Taka but the reason for that was due to the expense of us to return the material to our supplier was going to yield 30% of the material costs. We have since adjusted our paperwork to address restocking fees can yield higher than 20%. We do appreciate you bringing this up, that was an error on our part, but we hope that from all discussions that has been addressed for you. 😊

You have every right to post feedback and we always encourage it from our customers so that we can be better today than we were yesterday but your feedback does not feel entirely fair. It also breaks our hearts to see the efforts you both have put towards hurting our reputation on every online platform possible when all we tried to do is provide solutions and help to our best ability. We even offered to refund more than the costs ($250) to each of you in hopes that would be satisfactory and allow you to post a more accurate response with maybe some of the points above. That was then sadly interpreted as “a trade” when our intentions were only in good faith.

Again, we apologize for any discomfort and upset caused. I encourage you to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss this further or set up a meeting in person so I can do my best to resolve this.

Email: sales@firstclassfencing.ca

Jason and Sonia from Calgary
Jason and Sonia from Calgary

New fence construction.

New cedar friendly fortress fence design and build. First Class Fencing provided great service and support throughout the entire process of our new fence construction. The quality and workmanship exceeded my expectations, and they finished in less time than anticipated. Overall the entire experience was excellent, right from their office staff to the construction crew I have been thoroughly satisfied with the service and product. Would not hesitate to work with them again in the future, and would highly recommend them for any fencing project.

Hey Jason,

So glad to hear! This is the reason we do what we do. We love being able to provide top quality and experience, together, and glad we could nail both.

Looks like we will be back in your area helping the neighbours come 2020. Feel free to say hi anytime!

Gary and Jacqueline in Calgary
Gary and Jacqueline in Calgary

Fortress Style Fence

After 35 years are old fence bit the dust. Six adjoining fence posts snapped at the base after a wind storm. Called three companies and decided on First Class Fencing. The cost quotation was straight forward and easy to understand. We settled on a Fortress Style fence for budget reasons. We were pleased with all aspects of the fence work. The builders were diligent and professional in completing the project work. About 150 feet of fence replaced in 4 days. We were very pleased with the results. Our only concern was that it took several extra days for them to remove some wooden work pallets used to bring in some of the building materials.

Hey Gary,

Thanks for your kind words and feedback :)

We are glad to hear we could provide a pleasant experience for you and Jacqueline.

Please feel free to call us if you ever need anything

Margaret in Prince George
Margaret in Prince George

Excellent Work

They did an excellent job of replacing our old fence with a beautiful and study product. The yard is so much more secure and attractive. I would strongly recommend that you use them.

Thank you Margaret for the kind words!

Security and attractiveness are key, glad we could do both :)

If you ever need anything don't hesitate to call.

Martha in Calgary
Martha in Calgary

12 foot wrought iron fence

I called two fencing companies who would not do small jobs and found this company on the internet. The estimator, Matt, who came to my house, was professional and pleasant.
The job, when finally done, was beautiful. Andy constructed the fence exactly how I wanted it. He asked where to put the dirt from the post holes and used a my wheel barrow to cart it to a designated place. All others packaging was carted away. I was completely satisfied with the finished product and Andy's professionalism. Communication could have been better at higher levels but work on the ground was excellent.

Hi Martha,

We are very happy to hear you are satisfied with your fence.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Replace chain link fence

I needed my chain link fence replaced. I was very pleased with the fast response. The quote was about what Iexpected and I am very pleased with the finished product.

Excellent to hear and thanks for the kind words! Enjoy the new fence :)

5 stars fence

Thank you so much Tyler, Jared and Nick!
The first class fence solved our timing problem and they did an awesome job with our new fence and gates. We love our new gates and fence!

They deserve "first class" and 5 stars.

Angela&Family

Thanks Angela for the kind words and we wish you the best with your new fence :)

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you ever need anything!

More about First Class Fencing

First Class Fencing is a Calgary-based Residential, Commercial, Farm and Ranch fence installation company fully dedicated to providing homeowners, homebuilders, business owners and farmers with durable, functional, and attractive fences throughout Southern Alberta.

FCF is a privately held corporation specializing in standard and custom fences in order to meet the unique needs of each and every one of our clients.

Our mission is to provide exceptional service and take our clients visions and make them a reality. To provide a pleasant experience while adding the perfect final touch to the landscape of our clients home and/or business.

| Done Right The First Time |

Insured - 2,000,000 Liability Coverage
Bonded - $50,000 Assurity Bond
Ground Disturbance
Fully Licensed

To learn more visit us at: