HomeStars  >  Lighting in Milton  >  MCS Electrical & Lighting Services

Reviews for MCS Electrical & Lighting Services

Paul in Mississauga
Paul in Mississauga

Car charger install and panel upgrade

L6M 4W9

We hired Marc to install an electric car charger, and to upgrade our electrical panel at the same time. Marc was punctual, worked with us to ensure the timing for the panel power outage and ESA inspection was convenient, and the job was done very professionally. We asked for a routing of the power cables for aesthetics reasons that was somewhat less convenient for him, but Marc was very obliging.

Thank you guys for the great review. It was a pleasure to work with you. I'm glad you were happy with the service and install.

DS in Oakville
DS in Oakville

Smoke Alarms, Doorbell, Light Fixtures

I originally found Marc via Homestars as we needed to change the hardwired smoke detectors in our house. Since that time, we've used him for a few other electrical projects including fixing a faulty doorbell and updating the lighting fixtures in our cold cellar and garage to increase the illumination. He is always punctual and professional and his prices are reasonable. I would recommend him and will continue to use his services for all of our future electrical needs.

Thanks so much for this review!

Dan
Dan

Aluminum to Copper Pigtailing and Fixing Ungrounded outlets

The house we moved into last year has aluminum wiring throughout the house and I've also found out that there were some outlets were ungrounded (even though we did get an ESA certificate from the sellers at the time of purchasing our house). We would definitely need peace of mind and have therefore checked for electricians on Homestars
who could help with the pigtailing/grounding and found MCS and decided contact Marc, the owner of the company for a quote, after reviewing many of his fantastic reviews from his happy customers. A few days later, he came over to my place to look around and provided me a detailed quote. It, in fact, took several months for us to eventually hire him earlier this year to help with the work throughout the house as we were first considering finishing the basement (in which case we would have also needed basement wiring). And when we eventually decided not to finish the basement at this time, I've immediately contacted Marc and he would not only still honour the initial quote he provided but would also agree to come over to our place at an agreed date/time to do some additional work I've asked him for, incl. adding dimmers and pigtail work for the receptacles outside of the house, at reasonable price. When he came over for the work, he first confirmed and explained to me the list of work he would perform in details and also answered all my questions. He then thoroughly inspected each and every receptacles/switches connections in the house and performed the work efficiently & effectively, and once all the required work was completed, he's gone over all the work completed and also made sure there was no dust/mess behind. In addition, he took his own time out of his busy schedule to be physically at my place on the date of the ESA inspection, in ensuring all the requirements were met/satisfied.

From the moment I first met Marc for an inspection/quote to the date of the (final) ESA inspection, he was always professional, knowledgeable, detail-oriented, friendly, and courteous. I would certainly not hesitate to recommend him to anyone with electrical needs and of course, he's definitely our "go-to-guy" for our own, including basement finishing in the future. Thank you very much again for everything, Marc!

Thanks so much for the positive review! I am glad that everything turned out to your likings and that you were happy with the service. I look forward to working with you again in the future.

Garnik in Oakville
Garnik in Oakville
1 review , ON

40Amp/240V service installation for ChargePoint EV station

L6M 4W9

EV Charger cost and installation are subsidized by Ontario at this moment. In order to qualify for installation cost rebate - electrician must be listed on ESA web page (https://findacontractor.esasafe.com). Thats how I found Marc + checked HomeStars reviews. Quoting, installation, inspection - everything was smooth and fast. Being an microelectonics engineer myself - I was asking questions, and Marc was kindly answering/explaining in details. I am very happy with the work and will definitely use his service again in future, as well as recommend to others.

Thank you for the positive review. It was great to work with you to install your new electrical vehicle charging station.

Fred from Mississauga
Fred from Mississauga

Replace Pot Lights and dimmer Switches

L6M 4W9

Found Marc via the Homestars site and had him do a small electrical job in the garage last year. Service was excellent. Called him again when we needed a bigger interior job done. He responds promptly to phone calls and email, gives an estimate, schedules a service date, confirms the date a couple of days ahead ... then arrives exactly when promised, does quick and excellent work, cleans up thoroughly, and settles for the agreed upon price. What's not to like!

Hi Fred. Thanks very much for the review. It's great that you were so happy with the service. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Tim in Oakville
Tim in Oakville

Pot Light replacement

L6M 4W9

Contacted MCS to do a quick fix on a couple of pot lights before the close of our house. Was able to replace the lights quickly and for a good price. Would highly recommend them for their great service. Thanks again!

Thanks for the great review Tim. I'm glad that you were happy with the way it turned out.

calum hughes from Mississauga
calum hughes from Mississauga

Aluminum to copper wiring

L6M 4W9

We wanted someone to change the switches and outlets throughout our house. As the existing wiring is aluminum we also wanted someone to do the termination to copper and ensure it was all safe and up to code.
I got several quotes and Marc gave the best price, had great reviews and was very easy to deal with.
He arranged a visit to verify his estimate and confirmed that a few changes I had wouldn't affect the price and patiently answered all my questions.
When it came to the work Marc showed exactly up on time, did a great job, and finished early. I am really impressed with the quality of his work and attention to detail. This is the first time I have hired someone to do a job like this and it could not have gone smoother. I would defiantly recommend Marc and will be contacting him again if we need any other electrical work done.

Thanks so much for the review. I really appreciate it. Let me know if there is anything in the future you may need.

Arthur Neves in Oakville
Arthur Neves in Oakville

Change potlights to GU10 sockets and install LED bulbs

L6M 4W9

After contacting some companies to change my potlights to LED sockets, most of them were not interested, or they wanted to add more work so they could charge more.
When I contacted Marc, he gave me a fair quote on the job I needed and didn't push me to add any extra work.
Marc is punctual, very friendly and polite. Although he is a busy guy, he was able to accommodate our request within a few weeks after the quote.
On top of the great work, he finished it within the timeframe he told me it would take, and also end up fixing other electrical issues we had.
I would 100% recommend MCS Electrical services. and will contact him for my next electrical renovations for sure.

Thanks for the review Arthur, it was great to work with you on this project. Thanks and hope to hear back from you for anything else you may need!

faz in Hamilton
faz in Hamilton
9 reviews Hamilton, ON

Basement Wiring

L6M 4W9

I contacted many companies to get a reasonable quote for wiring our basement.
Not only did Marc have one of the best pricing but when I read the reviews on his services on Homestars, it seemed like an easy decision. After seeing the work he did, I was right on my decision.

Marc is honest, polite, punctual and went above and beyond on several things that came up and couple of last minute changes. He was very flexible and did all of these things without adding extra cost.
I was amazed how fast Marc works and he makes everything look so effortless. This talks to his talent and expertise.
Marc is a keeper and I will use his services for all of my future electrical needs.
If I could give MCS Electrical Services 10+1 rating, I would!!
I highly recommend MCS Electrical services.

Thanks for the fantastic review! It was great to be able to complete the basement finishing for you and your family. As I said before, you were great customers to work with. Please let us know if there is anything in the future you may need.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

master bath wiring update

L6M 4W9

Marc installed potlights, exhaust fan, timers and switches for my bath reno. He also help diagnose another electrical issue in the house. The job went faster than he had thought and he charged less than the original quote. I'd be pleased to recommend Marc - he was courteous, pleasant to chat with and did a good job.

Thanks for the review. We always like to keep things fair with pricing for our customers. It was great to meet and look after this project for you.

More about MCS Electrical & Lighting Services

MCS ELECTRICAL & LIGHTING SERVICES We are an Oakville based company that can handle all of your residential & commercial electrical requirements. We can accommodate the work to your schedule and we stand behind all finished products. Please inquire about any of your electrical needs and free estimates. We pride ...