Blp Reno

Kitchen Planning & Renovation
2-63 Talent Crescent Toronto ON M9M 2N5
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in York  >  Blp Reno  >  Worst Contractor Ever! Do NOT hire!
Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Worst Contractor Ever! Do NOT hire!

After seeing BLP down the street working at a neighbour's house, I asked David (owner) if he could build two sides of our wood fence to match the existing back side. He said of course and quoted me a price. We agreed.

A few weeks later he shows up to remove my existing fence. He knocks on my door and insists we pay him more money because he didn't measure the fence correctly. I told him we agreed already on a price and if he wanted me to pay more, he should at least give me a discount on the difference. He began to swear at me at my front door, behaving like a teenager throwing a tantrum. I was shocked at the unprofessionalism and manner in which in spoke. He accused me (falsely) that I knew the fence was measured incorrectly. I did not know and said that it's his job to measure the fence, not mine. He wanted an extra $600 and we agreed on an extra $450. He walked away begrudged and fuming (even though I was the one who had to pay more). I was in shock that this is what I would have to deal with.

A day or two later, the wood for the fence showed up on my driveway. It was a different colour than the fence it was supposed to match. My neighbour who shares the fence with me voiced her displeasure with the wood as it was not going to match her back fence. When I asked David about it, he said he could not and would not guarantee that the wood would match the back fence. I told him this is what we hired him to do and what he said he would do when he came to quote us. As his temper escalated, I told him I was not going to pay him if he didn't match the fence as we agreed prior.

At this point, he became physically assaultive, pushing his body into mine on my driveway in the presence of witnesses. I had to literally push him off of me and pull out my phone to video record this incident taking place because I was convinced I'd have to show it to the police or a lawyer. Again, I was completely shocked by the unprofessionalism.

He swore at and argued with me for over an hour. He threatened to quit the job even though he had already taken down my existing fence and littered my property with debris. I told him to finish the job as we agreed and he would get paid. It took everything from me to maintain my composure as the only leverage I had at this point was payment.

When they were ready to install the fence, he insisted on the majority of payment upfront before the job was done. Based on the extreme unprofessionalism up until that point, I had no trust in him to keep to his word and there was no way I was going to pay him before the job was complete. Again, he threatened to leave the job. After many emails back and forth, he agreed to complete the job and accept payment afterward.

The job was done and it was tolerable, though clearly rushed. He received full payment. At this point, I was just looking to get a reasonable fence and move on. However, within two weeks, the latches on my gate and my neighbor's gate broke. When I contacted David to repair the fence (as he guaranteed parts and labour for one year) he did not repair the pieces. He claimed that we made adjustment to the gate that caused the broken pieces. Those adjustments were made after the gates had broken in order to keep our gates closed instead of flapping in the wind without working latches.

This was the worst experience I've had with a contractor even though I've had many renos done before. All of this over a simple fence job. I can't even imagine what would have happened if we let him inside our home. I wouldn't let him near my home again as "unprofessional" is an understatement. He was physically and verbally assaultive, purposely insulting me throughout the process. He used intimidation and bullying tactics in interactions. He would purposely do things to get back at me and clearly did not keep his word on many occasions. His crew was actually very nice and amicable. It's unfortunate that they are led by someone would actually makes more problems for them than necessary.

BLP does not meet any reasonable standard of workman professionalism that is required for any job in your home. You have many options, do NOT choose them.

Please do NOT hire this company.