Let's Get Moving

v.ford1212 in Toronto
v.ford1212 in Toronto
1 review , ON

PTSD from this move

I decided to pick this company after getting 27 calls and 12 emails from their Moving Consultant and seeing the good reviews. I am at a loss for the discrepancy in what I read and what I experienced. I was quoted 3 hours and 4 movers. The movers started by coming in with their salty shoes on and proceeded to walk through the house. I asked them to take their shoes off or cover them and they said no. Roger confirmed that they do not take shoes off or use shoe coverings. Then they finally brought runners in, and proceeded to roll them up half the stairs-and step around them. They only came with 4 runners, which did not cover enough space and proceeded to use the furniture covering blankets. I had packed everything in boxes and had about 12 pieces of furniture in total. They took a hap hazard approach to the furniture, some was wrapped, some was not, some was covered in the dirty blankets they used as floor coverings. They threw my sofa cushions on the ground (right into the snow and salt). They didn't have the correct tools to take apart the one item that required it and proceeded to blame that on me. They didn't set up the ramp properly and 1 guy fell pretty bad. I am pretty sure they weren't wearing gloves on one of the coldest days of the year. The 4 men all seemed to have 0 moving experience. They then took a 20 min break en route to the new location (that I was charged for). Then when we got the new location, it took about 30 min for them to figure out where to park as they claimed they could not back the truck into the drive way (it had been done before). I made several requests to cover the floor again and they proceeded to ignore them and keep stepping on the light carpets. Then with many items left in the truck I was told I have to pay for them to continue. But they could not give me an invoice or advise me how I could pay. I then called Roger who had egged me on to pay via cash previously and who told me I was getting a *special discount from the shareholder* (which is funny, the $100 deposit I paid wasn't applied). AFTER I paid I was sent a settlement contract (barring all further claims I may make against LGM and threatening legal action if I do) to sign and when I refused, I was threatened that the movers would stop and take my items. As I am speaking to Roger, I am moving my boxes (I'm a 5'4 petite woman) as I wanted this to just end-while the 4 men are all standing around. Not a single one lifted a finger for about 15 minutes. After the mover got proof I paid (god forbid!) 2 of the guys dipped off while only 2 stayed behind to help me (after I begged) put my bed back together and told me they could only help for 10 minutes or else their pay would be deducted. It ended up taking nearly 7 hours and my bed is scratched to bits, my BBQ is broken, the walls and carpets are damaged, clothes in the wardrobe boxes are crushed and the base of my chair is torn up (and that is just what I've found so far). I get the sense completing an insurance claim will do no good so I am taking to this site to warn people. If you want someone to treat your belongings like garbage, this is the company for you. I will probably laugh about this soon, but right now its too soon.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Moving yes... Storage absolutley not!

I initially used this service for moving and loved them. They are amazing in the moving department. However, where they fall short is in storage. I would not recommend anyone use this part of their services. I had so many issues that I moved all of my stuff out of storage earlier than scheduled rather than deal with them again. The latest issue and what prompted this post was that I had a brand new chest freezer in storage and what I got back was someone else's brand new vanity. After repeatedly trying to rectify the situation rationally they ghosted me. Now I am stuck with a vanity that is not mine and my brand new freezer is gone. At one point they told me that they saw my name on the vanity- it is not anywhere on this vanity. I am completely disappointed in how they handled this situation and would never recommend their storage services to anyone. They should stick to moving that's what they are good at.

Private User reviews Brant, ON

Great experience

Abdal and Jose were fast, efficient and very helpful thought they process. They made a very stressful move extremely smooth. Would 100% recommend this company and Abdal and Jose- I am very satisfied with their service!

Moving

Our movers made everything seamless, efficient and safe with the exception of the weather.... lots of snow in our rural setting made it difficult for the truck and driver, but Javier, José and José had a most positive attitude and I valued that a lot.
I highly recommend this team when you move!!

Sarah
Sarah

Home moving

Meelad and Mirvais are so friendly and professional and efficient! They are life saver!!!!. I moved home with their helps and every single detail is well taken care. Definitely will come back next time and recommend to friends!!!!

Qwertyuiop
Qwertyuiop

Excellent service

We moved from condo to townhouse and the service was seamless right from booking to final payment. There were no hidden charges and the payment details were discussed upfront. The movers were punctual, courteous and efficient. We would recommend let’s get moving to everyone.

Excellent service

Meelad, Dani and Daniel were super professional, fast and took great care of our stuff. I would definitely use let’s get moving again, I would not have been able to do the job that they did nearly as fast and careful. Thanks guys everything was great.

Srihari in Orangeville
Srihari in Orangeville
0 reviews Orangeville, ON

Moving 1 bedroom apartment within Toronto

Incredible work from movers, Pulkit and Gezaheagni! They moved everything professionally and covered the fragile items in blankets. Although we had packed most of the items, they tried to be as quick as possible with the rest of the move despite elevator concerns. Huge shoutout to both of them!

Insurance Joke

My husband and I are very reasonable people and generally never get upset enough to write bad reviews. However, this had to be written. One of the movers was so incompetent they convinced me to bring a 3rd mover to speed things along. Eventually 2 movers could not get along and the lead mover told the incompetent one to go home in the middle of our move. They broke the leg of our desk. I put a claim on their insurance policy but a manager called me to hear my story and gave me $50 off my invoice and asked me to sign a settlement agreement, which I thought was for the $50. Later I find out that he tricked me and now says $50 includes my insurance claim too. Such unprofessional and poor customer service. Customer service person named Roger was completely unsympathetic and arrogant. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

stay away from lets get moving

the crew arrived without gloves during the pandemic
the crew argued several times costing $189.00 an hour
the crew damaged furniture and floors
the crew left their garbage outside for me to clean up
one crew member wanted a fridge to be given to him
the crew did not properly communicate with one another
the crew was given instructions on how to store items which resulted in my being told i interfered with their job, i guess someone forgot to tell them i was paying for their time
the crew told me to leave the area... i was paying for their time
it took 7 hours to move 2 rooms of furniture located on the same floor
once the move was paid for one crew member disappeared
i filed a complaint, lets get moving investigated themselves, clearly a conflict of interest
i was offered $125.00 as compensation
they arbitrarily closed the file, yet they say on their website they want 100% satisfaction, i am 0% satisfied, they have my money
they provided a service a very bad service

More about Let's Get Moving

The brave men in our moving crews are still out there in the front line, working hard and efficient for people who need to move.
We are taking extra precautions for their safety and the safety of our customers.
We keep the recommended distance from our customers, we use masks and gloves for protection, and we permanently sanitize our hands and the surfaces we touch.
---
At Let's Get Moving, we strive to offer a reliable and efficient moving and packing service at updated cost so that we can meet and exceed our customer’s expectations.
We have a motivated team of friendly, uniformed professionals with safe transportation to ensure the safety of your personal belongings.
---