Dr Rooter

Reviews for Dr Rooter

Christine in the Beach
Christine in the Beach

Great Customer Service, Persistence and outcome - retaining wall

I had commissioned and paid for a 6 foot high, 25 foot long retaining wall at the side of my property in 2015 and it was already leaning out visibly. It was not done properly to account for the mass of earth behind the wall, and the structural needs, but the original contractor defaulted on his warranty and left the poor work for me to fix. Steve and team came in, assessed the needs for the redo of the wall and assisted me in finding a structural engineer. He then got his team out to do the work in a really rapid manner. He and his team dealt with additional changes by the engineer, grumpy, yelling neighbours and a tricky labour-intensive job. He completed it quickly and well, and paid attention to the surroundings, ensuring that the area was kept clear for through traffic as needed. The retaining wall and laneway ended up clean and level for the multiple shared owners' use, after Steve and his team stayed till after 9 pm on a Friday night to get it done. I really appreciated the timely completion, and the end product is stable, sturdy and likely to last for another 20 years plus.

Yuriy in Etobicoke
Yuriy in Etobicoke
1 review , ON

Concrete Driveway, Patio and Stairs

Lately, I’m experiencing real joy returning home every day and parking my car on my newly re-done concrete driveway, getting out on my beautiful front patio, and stepping on my new, straight, not cracked stairs. Those simple thinks became special thanks to Dr. Rooter and George, who, from the first day we met and until all works were completed, took care of all aspects of the project, listening to our needs and explaining every option. I proud of my home now. Great company, professional people. Thanks George.

Thank you Yuriy for your business,we know you will be able to enjoy your tastefully completed driveway ,front porch and steps for many,many years to come!Cheers!

A.Danesh in Richmond Hill
A.Danesh in Richmond Hill

Don't waste your time

I signed a contact with Dr. Rooter to replace the main water pipe to my property and gave them a down payment. The plumper was a no call, no show at the first appointment. We made a second appointment and the same story repeated. In the end, they simply returned my deposit with no apology.

LD in Queen West
LD in Queen West

Excavate concrete floor, replace drain pipe and line 40 feet of 70 year old clay drain pipe.

Our house is a converted shoe factory with a polished concrete slab floor. Unfortunately, Mr. Rooter discovered that a section of the drain had collapsed and had to be replaced. This involved breaking through the concrete and making a trench approximately 8' long. To avoid further problems, we accepted Robert's recommendation to line the remaining 40 feet of 70 year old clay pipe. The crew were professional & efficient. The team who installed the lining were highly skilled and knowledgeable. So glad we had this work done.

Thank you for your great review. We glad that everything worked out and we have completed another successful project. Please keep us in mind if you or anyone you know in need of any plumbing, drain, waterproofing or concrete project. Thank you, DR.Rooter team!

Elena from Markham
Elena from Markham

Friendly and professional and by far the best price.

Great experience having Dr. Rooter to help get rid of a leak in the basement.
I would like to express my appreciation for the job they had done on my basement.
Friendly and professional and by far the best price. I will recommend to all my friends.
Elena

Elena, thanks so much for the review and of course for your business. If you or anyone you know needs our services don't hesitate to contact us.

Ken in Toronto
Ken in Toronto

Basement Concrete

I hired Dr. Rooter to replace the concrete in my basement. This is the worst contracting experience I have ever had in my life.

The contract was to remove existing concrete, pour gravel, and then pour new concrete.

The old concrete removal went smoothly. The disaster happened on new concrete day.

The boss, <name redacted>, dropped off equipment for the crew and then left. The equipment he provided included a concrete slide for getting the concrete through the basement window, into the basement.

The crew consisted of 4 young men who didn't speak English. They ignored the contractual agreement to place gravel down before the concrete. Instead, they poured the concrete directly onto the dirt under my house. The threw the concrete through the basement window using a wheelbarrow without using the slide and destroyed my freshly parged and painted walls and pillars as the concrete splashed everywhere and made a huge mess. Worst of all, they did not level the concrete. The floor is now so uneven, it's practically impossible to cover. In short, an unbelievable disaster. I expected a professional job and instead I now have a liability--concrete directly on dirt, horribly uneven, under my house. The value of my property has gone down as a result.

The root cause was lack of supervision. The supervisor dropped off the slide in the morning and then disappeared for the entire day while a crew of young inexperienced amateurs destroyed my basement.

NEVER hire Dr. Rooter for basement concrete.

Tracey in Toronto
Tracey in Toronto

Interior drainage system

My husband and I liked Steve from the moment we met him...he really heard what we needed and we hired Dr Rooter because of him... Alessandro and Dimitri did our basement and worked like Trojans! They did a super job! I give Dr. Rooter 10+....thanks guys!

Tracey, thank you for posting such a glowing review. I will pass on that message to all involved. Please keep us in mind for any drain, plumbing, concrete or waterproofing needs you may have in the future!

Chaz in Wingham
Chaz in Wingham
1 review Dundalk, ON

What a refreshing and honest interaction.

I got in touch with Steve through the Dufferin section of Dr Rooters website. Let me start by saying I was in the trades many moons ago, and I know the amount of talk you have to filter through to get a true honest answer. Not this time. Not with Steve. From the second he called me I knew this was something different, unique even. He was so personable and so straight forward. We had a flood due to our sump pump, and he cut right to the chase. No fuss, no muss, NO BS!

If you need honest, straight forward, from the hip service, seriously call Steve!!! What an amazing guy!!

Hello Chaz, your review and business is much appreciated. The entire team of Dr.Rooter work hard to provide exceptional service to all our clients. If you or anyone you know needs our services please do not hesitate to call us.

Bishop in Ajax
Bishop in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Sump pump

We had a flood in the basement after the ice storm. They were very responsive and were here the next day to install the sump pump.

A man with integrity. Great customer service. Thank you Oleg!

Review has 1 previous version

Hello. We glad that we were able to make your experience with DR.Rooter positive. Thank you for your review and have a great day!

More about Dr Rooter

Doctor Rooter Plumbing, Drain and Waterproofing provides Commercial & Residential services in Toronto, Etobicoke and Mississauga. Specializing in plumbing, drainage and waterproofing. -Plumbing service -Plumbing rough-ins -Plumbing maintenance -Drain installation -Drain repair -Drain snaking -Drain cleaning -Drain inspection -Back water valve installation -Sump pump installation -Sump pump repair -Grease trap ...