National Star Roofing Specialists

Reviews for National Star Roofing Specialists

PARVIN
PARVIN

Roof Replacement

I had a great experience with National Star Roofing Specialists. The sales representative Sokol was so professional and helpful. He made an excellent presentation of different choices and answered all my questions, so I really appreciate his time and effort. The workmanship did an amazing installation which was beyond my expectation and cleaned up everywhere before leaving. I am so happy with my new roof and highly recommend National Star Roofing Specialists to my friends because of great service that I received from this company!

Hi Parvin. Thank you for sharing your experience with National Star Roofing. It was a real pleasure meeting you and your husband. You guys were very hospitable, respectful and paid on time. What else can we ask in a customer.
If you ever need our help, contact us anytime. Cheers.

Christopher in Calgary
Christopher in Calgary

Roof Replacement

We had National Star replace our roof in April. Sokol came to our house to inspect the roof within a couple of days of our request. He encouraged me to come onto the roof with him and showed me exactly what he was seeing. He was honest and said that we didn't necessarily need to replace our roof. (We decided to anyway to be proactive.) When he showed us our shingle options, he was again very honest and said that people normally chose the cheaper option and that it was a very good quality shingle. (His lower end shingle was a premium shingle with others we contacted.) There was no pressure to upsell, just information to make our choice.
When we considered the details between the National Star quote and others, they were quite comparible. The National Star quote included more and used better materials than others so was slightly higher. Once we chose our shingle type, in our case a hail resistant shingle, and narrowed the colour choice down, they brought a couple of samples by to help with the final selection.
When it came to installation, their crew showed up on time, was polite, and professional throughout the job. At the end of the day they thouroughly cleaned up the site, including the neighbours yard, and staked all materials. Sokol mentioned to us that we should feel free to go up on the roof anytime during the installation to check on the work being performed. We didn't but it does show their pride and confidence in their work.
Once the installation was complete, Sokol came by to complete a final inspection. Again, I was encouraged to come up on the roof with him. He showed me a lot of detail on how the installation was done and it was clear that they took great pride in the quality of their work.
I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to have roofing completed on their house.

Hi Christopher.
Thank you so much for taking time from your busy life to write this detailed review. We do take pride in our work. We built this company from scratch. We know by now what is important, and let me tell you everything is important. Every little detail is key to have a long lasting roof and a happy customer.
Your input is much appreciated.

Brock
Brock
6 reviews Langdon, AB

Roof for addition

Redid the roof of my existing house and tied into the new addition.
Came when was committed, installed a great product, cleaned up the property before leaving.
Stands behind their work and was incredibly accommodating in working with my contractor and subs

Hi Brock.
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience.
It is hard to find an all-around good contractor. Try Homestars again for your next projects.

Brad
Brad

Roof replacement

These guys are awesome! Right from the first contact to completion of the roof replacement, they were professional and honest. They were the only company to take the time to come over to my house and answer all my questions. They did an excellent job explaining all of my roofing options. Now I have a beautiful roof over our heads!
Hire them, you won't regret it!

Thanks Brad for the nice words.
Let us know if you ever need our help.

G R.
G R.

New roof

Turned up when they said, finished when they said, cleaned as they worked, looks good, what more can you ask.

Thanks GR.
You guys were great too. We appreciate your hospitality and patience thru-out the process.

Norm in Calgary
Norm in Calgary

Professional roofing installation!!

I would highly, highly recommend National Star Roofing Specialists for any and all of your roofing requirements in the Calgary area!! They are truly professional from providing the initial quote through to the workmanship, and site clean up. They just finished re-shingling my roof and the neighbors were all out tonight commenting about the professional and high quality work

We would highly recommend working for you as well, Norm. You trusted us from the beginning, went with our recommendations on materials and were very accommodating. 10/10 for you as well.

C.Potter
C.Potter

Roof renovation

Removed tile roof and replaced with asphalt shingles. Project took 2 days and we are very satisfied with the end result. Very professional, the crew cleaned up the property well after removing the old roof.

Hi guys. It was a pleasure working for you. We appreciate your hospitality and cooperation. I hope you see the value you got from dealing with National Star Roofing. We're always here if you need us again.

Peter in Calgary
Peter in Calgary

Full roofing on renovation and addition

The team were very responsive and onsite exactly when they said they would be. It started out as a nice weather day but turned really cold unexpectantly. The crew didn’t complain at all and focused on completing the job.

Work looks top knotch with all flashing and placement as it should be. Venting is clean and not overboard (there are those out there that will vent to much which can be a problem too). Vents were nicely sealed as well. All exposed nails were covered nicely with silicone.

Thank you, Peter, for the comments.
It was a pleasure working for you.
You know what to look for, but most people don't.
We can get away with good enough type of workmanship, but for how long? Our work has to go thru decades of Calgary winters and numerous home inspections until the roof needs doing again.
We are always be available if you need help again.

Kevin
Kevin

Roof Replacement

Great work, excellent service and friendly attitude. The team went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied!

Hi Kevin.
It was a real pleasure working for you.
We hope we raised the bar on what to expect from a contractor. Thank you for taking the time to rate us.

Tony  in Calgary
Tony in Calgary

Flat roof and shingles

They were great to work with from start to finish. They shared knowledge on choices and were honest and upfront regarding pros and cons of materials and roofing type. Their workmanship is organized clean and efficient. Very respectful company and stayed in budget. Completely trusted them and will recommend them and use them again in the future

Thank you Tony for writing about your experience working with us. It is very important for us that our customer is well informed before/during and after the work. Your recommendations would be appreciated.

More about National Star Roofing Specialists

National Star Roofing is a family owned and operated company specializing in sloped and flat roofs in the Calgary area since July 2003. It has been rated the Best Roofing Company/Contractor in Calgary by HomeStars and holds an A+ rating with the BBB.

National Star Roofing is a Preferred Contractor with Owen's Corning, is fully licensed and insured with WCB and is covered by a General Liability Insurance of up $10 million per job.

Consistently quality work, attention to detail and great customer service is what tells us apart.
Customer satisfaction is our first priority.
No payment is required until the job is complete to the owner's satisfaction. Extra charges apply to payments by credit card.

National Star Roofing does sloped roof repairs/replacements as well as flat roof repairs/replacements.