National Star Roofing Specialists

Best of 2021 winner 7 timesBest of 2021winner 7 times

Reviews for National Star Roofing Specialists

Repair of damaged roof

When my moving company ran into my roof and soffit with the back door of their truck I was devistated. The house was sold and the new owners would have to be satisfied with repairs. I called National Star, they had done a super job 8 years prior replacing the roof. They were able to repair all damage to roof, soffit, facia and came up with a great idea to repair a hole in the siding as well, going beyond their usual scope of expertise. The new owners were happy with the work, and it was completed within a month.

We were very happy to help with the project.
Although repairs are tricky, time and nerve consuming, with patience and the will to satisfy every client they can be fun.

Dianne from Calgary
Dianne from Calgary

COMPLEX ROOF REPLACEMENT

BUSINESS EXCELLENCE – From Start to Finish

After our first exceptional experience with National Star in 2013, they once again exceeded our expectations for the recent roof replacement at our second property.

This family-only business continues to be a class act. They do not sub-contract which ensures quality oversight and continued meticulous workmanship. We received a detailed cost quote using high quality materials which were expertly installed. Their professional and pleasant roofers continuously maintained a safe and impeccably clean work site.

Working with professionals of high integrity made our whole process easy, efficient and stress- free. Despite the increased work hours required for our complex roof and opting to go the extra mile to help with additional items, they maintained the original price quoted (greatly appreciated).

National Star is a credit to their profession and we wish them continued success. We believe the value we received for the price is unbeatable and can highly recommend this company without reservation.

Dianne

You guys have been great clients, Dianne.
We really appreciate the time you took to write this review.

Keith in Calgary
Keith in Calgary

Roof replacement

We purchased a new house at the end of the season last year (2020) and felt it needed to get a new roof, as it looked to be at the end of its lifespan. I contacted a few different companies with high ratings. Some were more expensive and some didn't even bother to reply at all.

The quote I received from National Star seemed to be fair for the job, and so we decided to go with them based on quote and the reviews here. Sokol let me know that it would be spring before they could do it, which wasn't a surprise as we headed into winter.

When it started to look like spring I made a mental note to give them a call and see what it would be done, but before I could they contacted me and made arrangements to get the roof done the next week.

The actual replacement took a day and during this time Sokol let me know about the shingles and provided me with the warranty. The whole process went smooth and was done quickly with the yard being left clean.

They also noted an issue with the bathroom vent venting into the soffit, an issue I was aware of, and was able to install and attach a new roof vent for me, so I no longer vent the warm bathroom air into the soffit.

Thank you so much, Keith.
It was an honour to work for you.

Janice in Calgary
Janice in Calgary

Roof Replacement

I am very happy with NATIONAL STAR Roofing service from the beginning to the end. Sokol and his team were fantastic to deal with, combined with fair pricing and responsive communication. I got 4 quotes before I made my decision, NATIONAL STAR Roofing is not the lowest quote but they are the most cost-efficient and the most professional in my opinion. They did a good job on site as well, they went above and beyond to ensure everything meets my expection. They had everything completed in a day and a half. They helped me fix the fascia metal board with no extra cost even when it wasnt on the quote. Would definately recommend using National Start Roofing.

Thank you so much, Janice.

Min in Calgary
Min in Calgary

Speedy roof replacement

Sokol was very responsive and patient in working with us on the different options we wanted for replacing our roof. We felt that the price was fair and liked that he was personally involved in the project and really cared about the work his team did. While we had some unfortunate spring weather, his team was quick and efficient to capitalize on a sunny day and finished the job in one day. They even went above and beyond to weave the shingles in the valley on top of the metal flashing to make it look more seamless. We are very glad to have chosen them to replace our roof.

Thank you so much, Min.
You were very patient and understanding an we appreciate that. We value our clients’ trust and look out for their interest then ours.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

High quality work that we can trust

I choose National Star roofing because I don't want to be the victim of poor workmanship. Their price is not the lowest but good price for high quality work. I know quite well that poor quality roofing ends up causing more. When I bought the house, the home inspector found quite a few roofing defects. After the big snow fall this winter, water dripping from the corner of the window reminded me the urgency to fix the roof. Sokol was very helpful and responsive. He reviewed the home inspection report, inspected the roof and gave me different options for repair and re-roofing. The repair work was done promptly and carefully. They also fixed my fallen sideboard for free. After that, I trusted them for re-roofing our rental property as well. They started on time and were tidy. No complaints from our tenants. I will not hesitate to recommend them to others.

Dear customer. Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your experience with National Star Roofing.

Cory in Toronto
Cory in Toronto

Going Above and Beyond

National Star Roofing did a great job replacing my roof. Sokol, in particular, really went the extra mile. I had a leak in my garage and Sokol replied back within hours of submitting a request on Homestars. He helped me determine the source of the leak and offered to seal it right there on the spot even though it turned out to not be the roofing. Our shingles were old so we went ahead and hired National Star to replace them. The service was prompt and competitively priced. Highly recommended.

Thank you Cory.
Our entire team is fully invested in providing a high quality of service every step of the process.
At the end of the day we want customers to be recommending our services to friends and family.
Feel free to contact us anytime. Take care.

Dan in Calgary
Dan in Calgary

Tear off and Replace Roof

Very professional, quote was very detailed, product name and numbers, answered all questions, Our main request was a No Contact transaction, which was no problem, highly recommend, work was done very safely, yard was cleaned, price range within other quotes, Sokol was a pleasure to deal with in all aspects.
Thanks
Dan

Thank you, Dan.
Dealing with you was a good experience for us.
We wish you the best.

The Kings
The Kings

Just before the 1st snow of fall 2020

We got National Star Roofing name from a friend who was very happy
with their work. We got quotes from other companies some higher, some lower. We decided to go with National Star because Sokol explain things and said we need a new chimney cap no one else had mentioned that.
The men worked hard and the weather was chilly. Were done in a day
and the yard was left very clean.

Thank you very much for your business.

Roy in Calgary
Roy in Calgary

New home roof with 6 skylights

Could not have asked for more. First class and professional. Not the cheapest but you will not get a finer job, on schedule and on time and for a roof, it must be done right. They did all the homework to ensure there were no surprises, and supplied all the pieces to make sure it was right. Cheerful and easy to deal with. My hat off to them.

Thank you, Roy.
You were a great host.
God bless you and your family.

More about National Star Roofing Specialists

National Star Roofing is a family owned and operated company specializing in sloped and flat roofs in the Calgary area since July 2003. It has been rated the Best Roofing Company/Contractor in Calgary by HomeStars and holds an A+ rating with the BBB.

National Star Roofing is a Preferred Contractor with Owen's Corning, is fully licensed and insured with WCB and is covered by a General Liability Insurance of up $10 million per job.

Consistently quality work, attention to detail and great customer service is what tells us apart.
Customer satisfaction is our first priority.
No payment is required until the job is complete to the owner's satisfaction. Extra charges apply to payments by credit card.

National Star Roofing's services include sloped roof replacements as well as flat roof repairs/replacements.