Kurmak Builders

Reviews for Kurmak Builders

GGrant
GGrant

Modernize 1950s Entryway Closet

Our home was built in 1958, and our small closet, with sliding mirror doors, at the front entry, was driving me crazy. It seemed like every time I went to open the closet, the door was jammed, and I was forever fighting with the doors to get into the closet. I had Lisa, the designer, from Kurmak Builders, come out to see what we could do with the closet. She suggested taking the doors off in order to create an open closet. She designed the new space with an upper shelf with baskets, a bench, shelves for shoes under the bench, and shiplap backing, complete with hooks for hanging jackets.

Lisa took measurements and then quickly produced drawings to give me an idea of what the space would look like. In addition, since I wanted to repaint my house, Lisa helped me pick paint colors, and I love the colors she chose.

I am very happy with how the closet turned out. It looks great! I love the open concept and never having to fight with sliding closet doors again. The team at Kurmak Builders did a great job with my small project. I would certainly call them again with any future renovation projects.

Rennel in Calgary
Rennel in Calgary

Exceeded Expectations – I have high expectations

Kurmak developed my basement. The process was much more pleasant then my experience with other contractors with the end product being exceptional. Allow me to highlight but a small sample of the differences I experienced between Kurmak and others who I worked with in the past:

They billed their standard as a ‘mid tier’. I found that as we went through selections I never had to ‘upgrade’ the selection to obtain a great product: from the stone counters, to the cabinetry to the flooring – there was not one higher priced change that happened. I was surprised given that my previous experience was that the ‘initial’ sticker price always escalated, particularly with selections. The budget that was agreed, was the budget that was obtained.
I never had to point out a flaw in workmanship. Initially, I would go to the basement daily and provide a list of items that were flawed. Every time I did, it turns out they had already taken steps to address and informed me of all the other items they identified. This was the first time I have not needed to fret over flaws – every one I noticed was always remedied (without me having to mention). Their eye for detail is top tier.
The engagement of the in-house designer was a game changer. Although my better half has an eye for design, we both agree that the expertise that was provided significantly contributed to a build that is now the envy of anyone who visits. Every colour, every detail simply hangs together seamlessly.

In a nutshell perhaps what says it all, if I am to do any upgrades or remodels there is only one company that I will do this with – Kurmak.

Rennel,
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear how happy you are with the quality of the work and overall experience. We are honoured to hear you say that you would recommend us and use us again.

Kurmak Kitchen and Main-bath Renovations

Our kitchen and main-bath renovations were our second experience with the Kurmak team. Frank’s expert management from design to completion, kept our renovation on track, on time and on budget. Lisa’s design expertise and artistic understanding helped us choose the shapes, functionality, and colours for all components in our updated kitchen and main bath. Paul effectively supervised our job and provided floor protection, demolition, management of the various trades, interim comforts like counters and sinks, and cleanup. Together, the team created beautiful spaces that function wonderfully and provide more storage than we thought possible.
Casa Flores Custom Cabinetry played a big part in our renovation. Jolanda and Humberto’s team produced beautiful cabinets and open shelves. The new kitchen island adds form and function. We have significantly more storage space in our kitchen. One new cabinet was made to match the existing cupboards and looks like an original piece.
Pacific Stone, along with Lisa’s input, helped us select countertops that are beautiful and bring all the new and existing kitchen and main-bath components together in a way that is pleasing to the eye. The plumbing fixtures from Canyon Plumbing were expertly installed and function as expected. After Eight Interiors provided and installed great backsplashes that nicely tie the cupboards, cabinets, and countertops together. The whole project was beautifully completed with fixtures from Cartwright Lighting and wall finishes from Timeless Painting.

John, thank-you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We appreciate your trust in us to bring your vision to life once again with your Kitchen and main bathroom renovations. Our entire team loved working with you and Kathie. Wishing you good health and happiness, Team Kurmak

Jennifer and Matt
Jennifer and Matt

Kitchen Renovation

My husband and I are extremely happy with the work that Frank, Lisa and his team at Kurmak builders completed for us. As soon as we met Frank, we knew his professionalism and attention to detail were what we needed to get the kitchen renovation completed. Given this was our first renovation, Kurmak was there every step of the way guiding us through building and design details. We now have a beautiful kitchen that gets compliments every time someone comes over! We had a small space to work with where other contractors couldn't see our vision, but Kurmak made it work. Renovations can be overwhelming, but with Frank and his team everything came together perfectly and we couldn't be happier with the results!

Thanks so much, Jennifer & Matt! We really appreciate your positive review, but more importantly, it was a pleasure working with you.

Adrienne
Adrienne

Third renovation with Kurmak over 6 years

This is the 3rd renovation we have done with Kurmak and we were not disappointed. We decided to redo the finished basement. It originally was an awkward open space, which we completely redesigned. We redid a bathroom, changed a bedroom to a workout room with a murphy bed, added a theatre room and an office. We also removed an exterior door and replaced a picture window with French doors out to our garden, where we added an outdoor gas heater. Everything was done to Kurmak’s usual high standards. The basement is much more functional and has not lost the airy feel. The theatre is amazing and has been used extensively since the COVID-19 outbreak. If you want a renovation done right, call Kurmak. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you Adrienne. Once again a pleasure to serve you and your family.

En-suite Renovation

Experiencing a Kurmak Builders’ renovated en-suite for the first time was awesome. It's beautiful and shows off the attention to detail from Kurmak’s team and all of the subtrades. More importantly though, was using the en-suite. We now have one month’s experience in it. The functionality is terrific, and the design fits our needs perfectly. We look forward to the next project, the kitchen.

John, Thank-you for taking the time to submit your great review and feedback. It was a pleasure working with you and Kathie. We are so glad to hear you are enjoying your new en-suite, and we look forward to working with you on your kitchen!

Trudy from Calgary
Trudy from Calgary

Kitchen/LR/floor renovation

Kurmak Builders did a great job with my renovations to the floor, the kitchen area and living room area. They provided a detailed quote of the work to be done, the price and the timetable. and they did not disappoint. They did an excellent job with great trades and other than a slight delay with some mill work, everything was done on time and on budget. They promised all the renovations would look like they always belonged to the house and they were true to their word. I get great compliments from everyone who comes over! I would definitely hire them again.

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you are happy with your home and hope to work with you again in the future!

srhydderch in Calgary
srhydderch in Calgary

Major Home and Kitchen renovation

We have just finished a major renovation using Frank, Brent, Maria and Stuart at Kurmak Builders and couldn't have been more impressed or more pleased with the results. My wife and I have undertaken major renovations before with other builders and have had mixed experiences in the past but I have to say I couldn't have been more impressed with Kurmak's professionalism, their attention to detail and their communication skills.

Kurmak use a communication tool called Buildertrend which allowed us to sign off on all materials, see a real time picture of their overall schedule, track progress, track costs and overall stay 100% connected with the Kurmak team (and their sub-contractors) throughout the whole process. The communication could not have been better. In the end the project came in on budget and two weeks early.

The scope of this project was large. Kurmak replaced our whole Kitchen and lighting, re-furbished our fireplace, flattened our knockdown ceilings, carpeted our upstairs and replaced our flooring with wide-plank oak flooring throughout the 1400 sq.ft. main floor. We chose to remain in the house throughout all of this work and Kurmak, and their sub-contractors, were incredibly respectful and accommodating throughout the whole experience.

If we were to do any work in the future I would look to Kurmak first and my wife and I would recommend them highly to anyone else considering a home renovation.

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We are so glad you are enjoying your new space! Your family was a pleasure to work with, and we hope to have the opportunity to do so again in the future!

Pamela
Pamela

Renovation of a bungalow built in 1958 (kitchen, two bathrooms, new boiler and hot water tank, air exchange system , plus 'refresh' of other rooms on main floor0

We interviewed seven contractors choosing to request renovation outlines from four companies. We ultimately chose Kurmack Builders because of the level of detail provided in their proposal, the clear focus on safety, and the number and quality of the references they provided. Now that the renovation is complete, we can confirm we made the right choice. Frank and his team were exceptionally personable. It was evident throughout the renovation process that Kurmack was eager to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with the customer and provide a quality product. We felt well informed as a result of the regular contact we had with our site and project managers (Brent and Kyle) and knew Frank was always available if needed. Kurmack's use of 'Buildertrend' was an unexpected bonus. The assistance we received from our designer (Maria) was integral to the realization of our bungalow's amazing facelift. The improved appearance and function of our home will enhance our lives for many years to come.

Thank you for the great feedback! We are so happy you are enjoying your home's new facelift, it turned out beautifully and you were both a pleasure to work with.

carol.veals in Calgary
carol.veals in Calgary

Renovations

We renovated our kitchen and living room. Kurmak Builders was a great choice to work with. Their emphasis is on quality, value, and communication. Their ability to build good relationships with vendors and trades in the industry has enabled them to hire high quality craftsmen. They always demonstrated concern for our needs and were very responsive to changes throughout the project. Our house held a few surprises for them (and us) and these were handled with great care and concern for our home now and in the future. We are so happy with the results and are happy and relieved we chose to work with Kurmak. All of the things that are important to us were met and exceeded with Kurmak: such as quality, value, respect, communication, responsiveness, creativity and genuine concern for our needs.
We will definitely hire Kurmak again for any/all renovations in the future.

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We're happy you had a good experience and hope you're enjoying your new space.

More about Kurmak Builders

Kurmak Builders is an Award-Winning Design-Build renovation firm. We work closely with our Clients to create a custom home that is tailored to their lifestyle and family. Passion is what drives our team to provide you with an experience & final product that exceeds your expectations . Looking to chat to someone about your home improvement idea's? - contact us at (403) 277-5525.

We pride ourselves on deeply listening to what you need, want & desire for your renovation. Our team of experts will build on your vision to make it the best possible space for your family. At the end of the project, we want you to say: “I knew what I wanted, but it turned out so much better than expected.”

Let's start the conversation about your next project with a Complimentary Consultation.