Tile & Stone Contractors
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Contractors in Toronto  >  Stone Selex Design

Reviews for Stone Selex Design

Interior fireplace wall

Stone Selex were very accommodating in allowing us to bring home as many samples necessary until we chose the correct one that suited the look we wanted. All staff were very helpful and kind.
My biggest concern was installation as it involved a high ceiling. The installers were fantastic! They brought everything they needed and were diligent and careful protecting our floors. They were very courteous and efficient from start to finish. They knew what to do and were very efficient in completely the job timely. I am very happy with the way the stone was installed and so pleased with the result.

Jerry Woods in Markham
Jerry Woods in Markham

STONE ON FOUNDATION WALL

I had Stone Selex finish off my bare foundation wall on my farm style house which is located in Markham's heritage Zone.

It came out real nice. One member of the Heritage Committee agrees after seeing the photo.

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for your review and pictures. The stone around the foundation wall looks beautiful. It has really added a lot of character to your farm style house.

Farzana in Toronto
Farzana in Toronto

Fireplace Stone work

I recently purchased a new house and wanted to have my fireplace redone with stone work. I found Stone Selex online and they had some great reviews so I decided to give them a try. On the day of the installation, Jack showed up to start the project. Upon breaking down the existing mantal, he noticed that the fireplace that I purchased was not a wall insert, which I was advised at a different store that it was. He was very knowledgeable and extremely nice to take the time and speak with the store I purchased it and even took the initiative to drive to them and speak with the store personal in person. Jack was right and convinced the store to accept the return and give me a better unit at generously discounted price. I was freaking out as I didn't want to delay the installation. After going to the store and replacing my fireplace, I called Jack and he agreed to use up his weekend and do the installation. He managed to get all the work done in one day and he was attention to detail making sure every stone was perfectly laid out and beautifully done. I never dealt with a contractor this nice and knowledgeable! I already recommended Stone Selex to other family members and told them to make sure they assign Jack to do the installation. Thanks again for all your hard work and kindness.

Hi Farzana,
Your kind words me the world to us. We take pride in great customer service. We know that renovations can be stressful at times and we are happy that your installation of stone veneer went smoothly. Paying attention to detail and laying out the perfect pattern to install is our specialty. Once again thank you for your review and we are glad you are enjoying your fireplace.

Review  in
Review in

Fireplace stone work

the stones are great. Great selection. Both natural stone and man made stone available here. the installation took longer than anticipated but the stone we picked looks good on the fireplaces.

Review has 1 previous version

We are very happy that you enjoyed our showroom. We can agree with you that we have a wide selection of stones to choose from. We are glad that you are happy with your choice and that you can now enjoy your beautiful fireplaces.

lyd.gordon in Oakville, Ontario CANADA
lyd.gordon in Oakville, Ontario CANADA

Exterior stonework

These guys were amazing, as was the rep. They were knowledgeable, personable & worked hard thru very hot weather. Job looks beautiful. Glad we picked this company & would highly recommend them.

Hello Lydia,
Thank you for those kind words. We are pleased that you are happy with your installation. You have picked beautiful stones to add to the exterior of your home.

Noreen in Toronto
Noreen in Toronto

Exterior window veneer stone

GREAT STAFF, REASONABLE PRICE, GREAT PLANNER (LUCAS) AND MOST OF ALL EXCELLENT INSTALLER. JACK YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST ON WHAT YOU DO. THANK YOU SO MUCH. WE ARE GETTING SO MUCH COMPLIMENTS FROM OUR NEIGHBORS. YOU COMPLETELY DELIVERED WHAT I INVISIONED ON OUR HOME. THANKS AGAIN FROM ALL OF US.

Noreen & JON

Thank you so much for your kind words Noreen and Jon. We are very happy you love the look of your home.
Thank you for the pictures, your house looks beautiful.

SB in Mississauga
SB in Mississauga

Basement Bar Reno

Stone Selex was recommended to us by a friend. We found everyone very helpful from beginning to end. From the sales staff, Luca the designer and the installer Adam. our job was done quickly and efficiently. We love the new look!

Good day. Thank you for the kind words. We enjoy hearing from our customers and are so happy you love the new look. We aim to exceed our clients expectations and hope that you will share your experience with your friends, family and neighbors. All the best. Stone Selex Design

sharon from Ajax
sharon from Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Bay window wood facing replaced with stone

The wood facing around my bay window needed replacing. The wood was peeling and unsightly. Stone Selex did a great job replacing the wood. They were able to complete the job in less than a day and it looks great. Last summer wasps took up residence in the wood facing now I will be able to sit out on my deck and enjoy the weather. See before and after pictures.

Hi Sharon. We are pleased that you are enjoying your bay window facing replaced with stone. We hope that you will enjoy sitting out on your deck for many years to come. Enjoy your summer and your bay window facing replaced with stone.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Stone Selex Is an overall great company. A pleasure to work with and they do top notch installations. We are very very satisfied with the results! Thank you Brian and your team :)

Good day. Thank you for the kind words. We enjoy hearing from our customers that they had a great experience with our installation department. We aim to exceed our clients expectations and hope that you will share your experience with your friends, family and neighbors. All the best. Stone Selex Design

Mike in Unionville
Mike in Unionville

Markham - Questionable Business Practices

(Update)
Received Callback from Acadian Flooring - they reached an agreement with StoneSelex to honour the contract as it was written. The individual that I talked with was polite.

============

-recommended by contractor for stone veneer, have never interacted with this company prior
-paid $100 deposit for samples (image 3), they backdated an invoice 10 days later
-returned 10 days later, store credited $100 (image 2) rather than apply to purchase (image 1)
-placed order for stone, paid for 50% of order up front per Bill of Sale (image 1)
-store phones day or two later saying they misquoted, I need to pay $2 / sq ft more or they will not release order
-I phoned today and asked to talk with the owner - he claims that the price is now $3/sq ft more
-claim is that supplier (StoneSelex) rejected order, and that they have no responsibility/culpability

Notes
(1) the delta they refuse to cover is $120
(2) on the paperwork, StoneSelex and Acadian Flooring have SAME address...StoneSelex phone number is different

Avoid this business.

More about Stone Selex Design

Siding, Stucco, Stone, Brick, Masonry and Fireplaces
From design to installation, Stone Selex Design is a premier company with over 20 years of experience providing both residential and commercial customers with quality installation and a high level of customer satisfaction.
click here to visit STONE SELEX.com
click here to visit Canyon Stone Canada.com
LIKE US on FACEBOOK
Stone Selex Design is committed to providing full service installation for your exterior or interior stone veneer project. We also provide installation of stone veneer, stucco, brick, siding, masonry and fireplace transformations.
Design your own project with the NEW Stone Veneer Visualizer and have Stone Selex Design install it for you. The Visualizer gives you the ability to envision your project from the comfort of your computer screen. It has the power to transform a photo of your home into a professional digital rendering by adding siding, stucco and stone.
Make your home the talk of the neighbourhood with stone and stucco, or stone and brick, or siding and brick, stone tile and wood siding. The possibilities of style and colour combinations are endless. A Stone Selex Design project manager will help you with each stage of your project from where to add stone, stucco, siding, brick and masonry and provide you with a quote for our installation services provided by our experienced masonry installers.
If it’s a fireplace that you want to create or just simply add stone, tile or masonry, Stone Selex Design and the visualizer can help you with this too. While you are in the planning stages of your fireplaces transformation the visualizer is a great tool to use. Look through photos for ideas and see what others are doing and then come to Stone Selex Design and ask us to install it for you.